Webflow Logo

Break down silos between marketing, design, and development

Webflow Reviews - Page 2

MH

Mike H.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Webflow is easier to use than WordPress

Overall, my experience has been good. I'm learning every week and getting better, faster and as I learn more, everything becomes easier.

Pros

I like the ease of picking a template and customizing it into your website and then going live. Takes one or two days, fairly simple.

Cons

It's complicated when it comes to custom styles and how changes on one page impacts others.

CS

Cassidy S.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

The top pick if you want to make professional-grade sites

Due to an issue within the company, we were unable to effectively engage our target demographic, resulting in short attention spans on our social media platforms; however, with the help of Webflow's training and tools, we were able to effectively address this issue, resulting in high-quality, professionally designed websites. More audience engagement via our social networks means we can deliver service with a lively UI and polished finishing touches, making searching for our services a pleasurable and stress-free experience for our customers. Webflow's features have helped our marketing team become more efficient and effective.

Pros

Webflow's interface is one of our favorite parts of the platform because it's user-friendly and flexible for customization. We think the price of your service is quite manageable in comparison to the competition on the market, and this is due in large part to the fact that Webflow has quality support that is very attentive to providing possible solutions that are required, as well as providing super good training videos to learn more and more about the correct operation of each tool that Webflow has to offer.

Cons

Probably the only thing we don't like about the Webflow platform is how long it takes to publish the website once it's finished being built; additionally, it's worth noting that the platform has a somewhat steep learning curve; however, we're grateful that Webflow offers a completed where anyone can be trained and graduate with a professional level of expertise in the software.

Marco C.

Design, self-employed

The perfect website builder for designer

In the end, I'm happy with Webflow. It's an amazing platform for designers, but it's definitely not enough for advanced website building. You can use it just for landing pages, personal blogs, portfolios, and local business websites. If you need advanced functionalities you need to hard code them (losing the benefit offered by the platform) or you need to chose a different platform.

Pros

The UX of Webflow and its functionalities are perfect for every designer that wants to approach web design. It empowers designers to build award-winning websites with granular control over the final output. The Webflow hosting is blazing fast, the code generated is clean and lightweight, and the CMS functionalities are great.

Cons

For a platform so good is incredible how many cons there are with Webflow: - it's not GDPR compliant, and they are actively and deliberately ignoring this issue - it doesn't have a multi-lingual system. You are forced to rely on third-party apps, that add a huge monthly cost for the maintenance of your website - the e-commerce side is incredibly weak compared to other players - the CMS is capped at...

ST

Steve T.

Internet, self-employed

Webflow is the Future of Website Design

Webflow has been an incredible experience for me. I've built half a dozen websites in Webflow with plans for more. I can't recommend this platform enough!

Pros

Webflow is a solid website design platform. Every site I've built on Webflow has been incredibly fast. I attest this to the fact that when you drag and drop the widgets (text blocks, headings, sections, images, etc.) into the design that the right panel is helping you configure all of the CSS in a way that actually helps you [secretly] understand CSS better while making it SUPER easy to do. Generally,...

Cons

The widgets that you can add are very basic. I understand the point of this; they're giving you basic building blocks of a website in a sense. It's up to your creativity and skill to be able to design a site that looks great. This does make it harder for people coming from WordPress page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, Oxygen, etc., when you open Webflow's Designer for the first time and feel like all of the options you had in the past are missing. Knowing that you *can* build something as complex using these basic building blocks can be overwhelming when you aren't used to doing it this way, but looking through the templates and even purchasing a premium Webflow template can often get you all of the building blocks you were looking for.

Daniel W.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Once I found Webflow, I NEVER turned back!

I love Webflow, and could spend all day counting the reasons, but here are the top 5 that created a nice business use case for my clients who are more than happy to proceed with Webflow. 1) Contributors can edit almost any element of content right on the page. Click on a photo, and bam... you can upload your own instead. Click on some text that's inside of a show/hide div, and bam... you're typing...

Pros

-Most important- EASE OF USE with it's visual interface-see next -The GUI is very similar to the Adobe Creative Cloud software as it uses tool pallets instead of tedious forms and fields. -Contributors can edit RIGHT INSIDE THE PAGE vs the WordPress back-end feel that gets folks lost. -The automation of multiple image sizes per view -Minifying scripts and code -Custom code insertions are as easy as drag/drop -Intuitive interface knows when one is using similar classes and suggests them while creating new -Client Billing is easy and a Dream to setup including a pinch of the cut for yourself -Setting up hosting is lightning fast with a proficient DNS record understanding.

Cons

-Because Webflow is built for professional use, Admin edit access for a site is setup so only the Webflow account holder can access and edit the site at an admin level. This becomes a huge issue for clients who only want to contract my work upfront. Contributors can surely edit content, but should be able to be authors/admins. There are "Team Plans" but they are costly. So- in order to allow my clients Admin access, I would either have to give them my account info, opening up to them deleting other clients sites, or I must have them setup their own webflow account. -Due to this, I must transfer sites to client accounts once my design is complete if they want to be the Admin after hand-off. suggest much better setup here please~

EC

Eric C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Webflow is a niche product - the enthusiast's ultimate tool to making a visually stunning website

In my opinion, after 2+ years of using it (which I've now switched back to Wordpress for practicality), it really is a tool for web design enthusiasts. If you are an artist, musician, or design websites for that type of crowd, I think Webflow is the ideal tool for you because of how unique and capable it is for visual design. But for the majority of web designers and developers, you may find Webflow's workflow cumbersome and sometimes impractical for most client projects.

Pros

You can design some truly beautiful and unique websites in Webflow. There's no other software that has as many features and ability to completely control the design of your website other than Webflow. No coding needed, at all. There is a learning curve but the tutorial videos they offer are second to none. Hands down, the best tutorial series I've ever seen - you'll know why when you start watching. You will find that website animations are simple to implement and can be as complex as you need them to be. Here is my best description of Webflow - limitless when it comes to visual design.

Cons

Unfortunately, Webflow is not really practical for most professional web designers and developers. There are several serious reasons why I advise against using Webflow when building websites for other businesses. First off, most people have heard of Wordpress, but not Webflow, so selling a business on using the software is difficult. It can be hard to find outside developers and designers able to work...

Shannon C.

Media Production, self-employed

I can't stop recommending Webflow to everyone

Webflow is the best thing that has ever happened to my business.

Pros

As a small business, it's not uncommon to be the one wearing all of the hats in your business. I'm a photographer and I've designed websites for myself through Wix, 22slides, 4ormat, Squarespace, Wordpress, Virb and finally... Webflow. I'm not exaggerating when I say Webflow is the holy grail of customizability and ease of use. For the past 10 years, I've hated doing website updates or overhauls. Now, I look forward to creating websites in Webflow. Using Webflow inspired the confidence to design more websites for fun, including one for a personal project! They all look beautiful.

Cons

This honestly may be something I haven't figured out yet, but I don't think you can use animations within CMS pages.

Arvaldo S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Bad support and bugs

In two adjectives: BAD and ANNOYING, I regret it.

Pros

In the beginning, I thought Webflow would really be the tool to help me solve the problems I was hoping to solve, but not, they created new ones that this time, without a website developer around one can't fix it. Then you ask for support help and the answer you get is "it seems you are asking for web development services, we don't offer that, please ask for help in the community". This has happened to me endless times in the last 2 years with LEGIT questions on bugs I found in this tool. I do NOT recommend that you use it or switch from WordPress or something else thinking you are really going to get the next level here, because you are not. I hope this feedback doesn't get canceled or blocked because it is real and can help other people to make their decision.

Cons

Bad support No support for multiple languages Limit to 100 pages (then everything crashes) Bugs!!!!

CC

Christina C.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Webflow - 10/10 would recommend to a friend

Pros

It’s so easy to use while still ensuring your SEO is optimized. Best to have an expert design the site, but then clients can update so easily on their own. Totally intuitive.

Cons

Can be seen as too pricey for some, but usually can explain why it’s a better option and is worth the higher fees.

ST

Sebastian T.

Sports, self-employed

The top tool for no code websites

I really enjoy using Webflow as often as I can, it is a great product that fits many types of use cases and I will continue using it in the future for my projects.

Pros

Webflow gives you the flexibility to do more or less anything you could ever want in a website, without having to code. It is infinitely customisable and once you understand how it works, is an extremely powerful tool for creating low to medium complexity websites. There is a whole community using the product, which makes it very easy to find answers to problems that may arise. It is also great because there are people creating specific libraries and components specifically for webflow, so it is a great way to fast track web design. It is a great option for a quick website, as well as long term pages that you may want to build. The CMS makes it an extremely powerful tool too, which makes the possibilities for creation endless.

Cons

The learning curve of the software can be a little challenging at times, especially if you are a non-technical user. I personally started with quite good knowledge of HTML and CSS, so it wasn't super difficult to learn, however there are some quirks that are made for the average user that may make it a little confusing for people with existing knowledge of web design.

AA

Ade A.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

It is A Great tool, However the User Experience could be Better

Webflow makes it simple for anyone without coding skills but with some design experience to develop responsive websites. Additionally, Webflow offers free, fantastic templates for nearly any type of company, agency, and portfolio.We have used Webflow to design websites for many businesses and clients

Pros

Utilizing Webflow is simple. Drag and drop method for creating great websites, no coding required. The theme can be downloaded by anybody, modified to suit their needs, and turned into a live website in few minutes.The finest no-code platform for creating any type of design is without a doubt Webflow. Every CSS attribute, every HTML element, and a variety of CSS and JS interactions are available in Webflow. And not a single line of code was written to make any of this happen. Webflow does not employ abstracted widgets and components, in contrast to other website builders. You get all of the essential building blocks and elements available in HTML and CSS with Webflow. So therefore, one can easily use it to create just anything so far you can imagine it.

Cons

It lacks certain crucial capabilities, such as the capacity to replicate designs between different media sizes or between different pages. Additionally, there is no method to omit pages from the site map without switching to a fully manual sitemap, nor is there a means to copy entire pages from one project to another.Lastly, the user interface needs some improvement to make it more user friendly.

NG

Noah G.

Design, 1-10 employees

Great for clients to self manage

Very happy with it. We built over a dozen websites on this and the clients have been happy as well.

Pros

Webflow is pretty amazing. I believe this is the best platform I've come across for building a website for a client to self manage. You can build on a developer end and have them make edits on the client/editor side. I really like the collection building on the back end.

Cons

I didn't love that you can't chose different captcha options or change the size of it. Also, the editing options are sometimes limited when setting up a blog.

Hasan F.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Quickly develop websites with minimum development knowledge and experience

The vocabulary and work process is very similar to what front-end developers have, so there's a bit of a learning curve but personally, I loved it for that.

Pros

I used most of the WP website builders in the past, and while they're really good, none of them has the capabilities of Webflow. There's a video tutorial for any questions you might have, and there's a good community who are willing to share. But at the end of the day, what makes it a lot more desirable than WP website builders like Elementor, is that it's very low-maintanance. You just make a website and it works with no problem, no matter how old it gets.

Cons

The pricing model is not the best for people who are not willing to constantly work with their website. It makes it more expensive for the small brick and mortar businesses to have a website, compared to other solutions in the market.

SM

Sarah M.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Not Soc-2 Compliant out of the box / Does not conform to industry standards for secure websites

False advertising. They sold us a secure website hosting platform and we learned only after doing all the work to build our website on their platform (WEEKS OF WORK) that we had to pay 49x the original price quoted in order to be permitted to add standard security headers required to make our site secure and sco-2 compliant.

Pros

Once we got our site set up, updating text was incredibly quick and painless.

Cons

We have our site on webflow and are undergoing a soc-2 audit accreditation process for our company. We have hit a snag because soc-2 requirements state we need certain headers on our website but webflow is actually blocking us from being able to add the required headers. Their rationale is that we have to upgrade to "enterprise lite" for $15k annually in order to add the standard headers. For context,...

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Best no-code website builder in the market

Everything about Webflow is amazing. The interface is clean and easy to learn (they have more than 100 video tutorials, it is basically a "University" ). With Webflow you do not need to know how to code, you can create websites with static and dynamic content. And it is easy to customize any component. Every month they release new components, features, improve the interface, etc. Also, I would like to say the customer support is 10/10, they really care about your problems (if you have any).

Pros

The components (tabs, forms, text, etc) are totally customizable as if you were coding. And the ability to create a dynamic website with ease.

Cons

The hosting price is higher than other website builders.

Melanie S.

Graphic Design, self-employed

My work portfolio...

I enjoyed using webflow for 3 years, in the end I found another website that was closer to my needs and what I was looking for, but I will continue to recommend it to friends, clients or anyone who wants to start a business or show their work in an easy and fast way.

Pros

I made my portfolio with Webflow, because I like how you can make your own website, you don't need to know how to code, it's very easy, I never had any problems with it, I recommended it to many of my clients for branding, I really liked it. It has lots of resources that you can use in your own ways, you can add your own fonts, that was something I really wanted to have on the site. I like the fact that the free option gives you so many options and allows you to edit it to the max as much as you want to. It's a good site for the beginner as well as the professional.

Cons

This is my thing, but I just didn't like the fact that the name of my website was too long, at that time I didn't have much material, so I had no reason to pay for a domain, but other than that, I don't see anything negative, it's something that can be changed and that doesn't have to be a big inconvenience to have.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

A promising alternative to Wordpress

After using Webflow for some projects I can say that is the best match for: Small to medium-sized projects brochure-ware like or content-driven where your clients want to edit the content themselves, the editor interface is quite good and you can limit what the editor can edit so you won't end up with a broken page and your clients won't be worried about breaking it either.

Pros

Webflow editor simply rocks, some website builders and over simplistic and as I developer I feel chained of it's developers choices. Others are way too messy, unnecesarily complicated. Somehow Webflow has found the way to integrate an easy to use, clear and powerful editor with a powerful and fast hosting. Overall I love that I don't need to worry about the sites speed or Security (a big thing if...

Cons

The e-commerce feature is a bit raw yet, for example, you can't add an "Add to cart" button out of the single product view, for some use cases that would add an extra click to the interaction. Consider simple elements like different tickets for an event that you already explained, taking a user to a single view makes no sense there. Also the e-commerce plan is expensive, in my opinion. For that price, I could use Shopify for example. The pricing plans sometimes feel a bit complicated to understand, maybe renaming Account plans for Freelancer or Reseller plans could help.

JM

Jeff M.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Webflow = Worth the Time

Platform that is great for small businesses just starting out. Highly recommended for it's easy of use, affordability and scalability.

Pros

Very slick UI and super easy to use and set up for collaboration. The designer module makes it easy for non-designers to make a site that is not only usable but professional. We really like the extensions that are available for pop-up elements and other helpful engagement modules like PayPal callouts with a Promo offer

Cons

We need to track deep analytics so it's kind of an issue to figure out firing triggers via GTM especially with forms. It takes a bit to get to know the platform but that is like any CMS - Wordpress, Wix, Squarespace.

Joseph H.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Webflow is a powerful and flexible website creation tool.

Webflow is a top-notch website builder since it offers a wide variety of tools and resources to its users. It is perfect for both new and seasoned programmers because to its user-friendliness and lack of coding requirements.

Pros

Utilizing Webflow has allowed me to gain access to features that would have previously required a large time commitment, and it has also greatly accelerated the rate at which I can construct websites. Incredible tools for sharing knowledge and replicating success stories are provided by the community at large. Webflow is a crucial investment for my company.

Cons

While there is some recognizable learning curve, the available learning materials are among the best available elsewhere on the web. Getting customers to adopt a "new" service they know little about is my biggest issue. Customers are often hesitant to commit to Webflow due to their lack of familiarity with the service. While the benefits usually speak for themselves, more resources to help convert customers would be welcome.

NP

Nicholas P.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

A new way to build websites

Overall a very positive experience. It's not as 'beginner friendly' as their marketing may suggest. If you don't have experience with CSS you may struggle or mess things up here and there, unless you just stick with their templates.

Pros

There aren't as many limitations as other simple web builders. If you know a basic level of CSS you can pretty much create what you want. The animation features are great too.

Cons

We hire freelancers to work on our website quite a lot and there is a lack of high quality freelancers building in Webflow compared to things like Wordpress. This is hopefully something that will change as the platform becomes more popular, but it has been a frustration at times.

Minas Marios K.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Webflow: A game-changing website design platform

I have been extremely satisfied with my experience using Webflow for my website design needs. The platform has exceeded my expectations in terms of its capabilities and user-friendliness. It has allowed me to create professional-quality websites quickly and efficiently, and I have received numerous compliments on the designs I have created.

Pros

I have been blown away by the capabilities of Webflow as a website design platform. The drag-and-drop editor is intuitive and makes it easy for me to create professional-looking websites without any coding knowledge. I also love the ability to design and customize my own templates and elements, which has saved me a lot of time and effort.

Cons

One potential con of Webflow is that it does have a bit of a learning curve. While the platform is easy to use overall, there are a lot of features and functions to master, and it can take some time to become proficient. However, Webflow does offer a variety of resources, including video tutorials and a helpful community forum, to help users get up to speed.

SK

Sudhanshu K.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Awesome website designer software

This remarkable tool for designing is accompanied by a dependable hosting service, offering optimal performance and a comprehensive CMS.

Pros

It's like drag-n-drop but you get all the control over the element. You can design from blank or you can start from any pre-designed templates. I use webflow on the daily basis to develop and maintain websites. It's so easy to make changes and publish them with just one click.

Cons

Onde feature that I personally didn't like is, webflow doesn't have any hover interaction control on sliders. I mean if you're using a slider so on hover the slides will pause what if I don't want them to stop so that's a specific issue that I found so annoying.

DS

David S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

The best website design and management tool there is

I make my living using Webflow - it's been life changing.

Pros

If you're looking for a web design tool, look no further, Webflow is what you've been looking for. There is a learning curve but it's organic and intuitive and the community is amazing.

Cons

The slow release of features has meant that sometimes there is limitations on what you can do - however, if I'm being honest, it hasn't affected very many projects of mine.

KS

Kate S.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Really powerful tool for building a website

Great!

Pros

Webflow definitely has a steep learning curve, but once you get a grasp on how to use the Designer and how classes work, it's relatively easy to design a great-looking website. I've used other CMSs and Webflow is by far the best. Their educational content is also fantastic, there's almost always a video to answer the question you have.

Cons

There can only be one person designing (changing website design and settings) at a time, so if you're working with a team, you have to manage who's logged in when. If someone else enters, the first person working sometimes gets kicked out.

Mark Anthony S.

Computer Software, self-employed

No-Code Web Builder

I really love the functionality of the drag and drop interface of web flow. It's very easy to understand and customize, I also like the ability to create customize interactions directly to the interface. I have been able to create my own personal site in a short period of time without a background knowledge in coding. If you want to have full control over the website but you are afraid or you don't have experience at all in coding, Webflow is a good choice.

Pros

Webflow has a great community to help you understand the platform. Webflow University is a free resource that helps beginners to understand deeply its full functionality. It has free cloneable content that allows you to use and customize. You can customize your site design for different break-points (different device sizes) using Webflow's built-in responsive. You can publish your site anytime you want and access it in the web. It's basically a no-code environment which is pretty awesome for the beginners like me.

Cons

I have been struggling with using CMS. It's very hard for me to understand it. Given the idea that it is one of the best features and a game changer of Webflow. I really do need to figure it out and understand it since they are providing informative tutorials.