Webflow Logo

Break down silos between marketing, design, and development

Webflow Reviews - Page 7

Jason H.

Computer Software, self-employed

A great WYSIWYG but tied to proprietary CMS

For the first time ever, a WYSIWYG web editor can produce good, clean, code, integrate with a solid CMS, and do most everything the majority of non-tech businesses will need it to do. However, in my opinion, the tradeoff of being tied to their ecosystem is just not worth it. If you believe fully in Webflow and are sure it will stick around and that it will never do anything you wouldn't do, then go for it. Otherwise, maybe use it just for prototyping, since as cool as the tool itself really is, you might not want to be married to it.

Pros

You can build really, really good websites with this software without touching code. It only eliminates the technical hurdle, of course -- Ideally, you are a designer yourself or are hiring one to use this tool. I think this is almost certainly the best WYSIWYG web builder that has ever been created.

Cons

The CMS is proprietary and will stop working if you stop paying them. You can export your code, but it doesn't come with the functioning CMS and you will lose all the dynamic aspects of your website in this process. This will result in either a costly re-build or simply downgrading your site to a static one if you ever decide to part ways with Webflow or they go out of business.

Priyanka S.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Website builder without coding but have some drawbacks

Pros

I have used it for my Website design and landing page design, It's super easy to design the pages there, you will find it a little hard in starting but if you learn, then you can easily do that

Cons

Not able to optimize the website and even not able to find the solutions from their customer support or community

HJ

Harshada J.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Webflow : Unleash Web 3.0

Overall I'm completely in love with Webflow and its features also the community and the brilliant Webflow University videos are hilarious and educational at the same time. Kudos to the team at Webflow.

Pros

The best way to build websites for sure. Being a designer as well I missed giving my designs the right development and Webflow came in handy to overcome many of those problems. Animations and everything is easy as well.

Cons

I would love to see more built up components that can help speed up the process.

JA

Jeannine A.

Webflow is my top choice for designing websites

I run a graphic and web design studio and when I found out about Webflow, I was a bit skeptical. However, after using Webflow for a number of client projects, I have very few complaints. In fact, it's my go-to solution for tackling client web design jobs. Webflow offers an incredible amount of functionality in a fairly intuitive interface. If you are familiar with Adobe CC software, Webflow will feel...

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Excellent improvement from WP or Duda

Pros

Great templates and customizations, integrations and UX improvement.

Cons

Customer support and loading speed need improvement

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Webflow le meilleur outil du marché !

Pros

- Grâce à webflow il est possible de créer un site professionnel et avancé- Aucune connaissances en code nécessaire- L'éditeur visuel est un vrai avantage- Webflow permet aux designer graphique de se lancer dans le webdesign sans être développer- Webflow propose des template

Cons

- Les modèles Webflow peuvent quelques fois couteux

Showing original review in French. See translation

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

One of the most powerful CMS out in the market today

Pros

I like how easy it is to get a working website up and running. The caveat being that you need some basic foundational knowledge around DOM structure.

Cons

I wish the product would be a bit more user friendly for folks who don't have ANY understanding of HTML & CSS. Marketing folks have a hard time adopting the platform.

DG

Devin G.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Awesome software if you want to design gracefully

Pros

You can build SO many things and animations with it. It's top tier amazing software

Cons

The inability to move away from the platform.

MJ

Megan J.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great Software!

Overall, my experience with Webflow has been great! It's easy to use and customize (especially for someone like me, who doesn't have a lot of website building experience).

Pros

Trying to find the software to host our new website was a struggle. But once we found Webflow, we got our site up and running (and looking AMAZING) in weeks! Webflow is very easy to use, has great functionality/design for our needs.

Cons

We just recently implemented Webflow a few months ago, but what I like least about the software would probably be the scheduling for blogs.

RD

Ruth D.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Pretty straightforward, hard to make advanced changes

Overall it was great, I did need to work with the developer to make some of the changes I wanted - there was less flexibility than other platforms, eg Wordpress, but I suppose that's part of why people like it.

Pros

You get a list of pages in all different categories on the site and can easily scroll through them to navigate. It made it easy to see all of the content on the site.

Cons

The collections was a little confusing - by opening the settings of a page within a collection I couldn't make changes to the fields, I could just choose SEO titles etc. to go for all the pages in that collection. To change each one individually, I had to look elsewhere. I just found it a little confusing. Another issue was that if I went a few days without opening the editor, the little arrow in the corner wouldn't come up and Id' be stuck. Whenever this happened, I went to the original email I received when opening the account and clicked on that link, then opened the site in a new tab and was able to log in. I would like to have a log on link that I can go to directly.

Angela G.

Easy to use for the average professional

Pros

Intuitive editing interface that comes with web components and widgets that are easy to use out of the box and/or can be customized to your liking. Love that you can publish the site immediately.

Cons

Needs a built-in content management system in order to be considered an all-in-one web publishing platform.

Design, 11-50 employees

Gamechanger

UI designers are making use of Webflow to be more instrumental in creating sites. This frees up developers for other work, and for any particularly bespoke or complex elements, our developers can work with the exported code from Webflow. Several sites created with Webflow now live and looking great.

Pros

Brings a new world of possibilities to our agency - gives designers with UI knowledge the power to build quickly and easily from their designs. Super powerful tool, looks good, works great. Decent value for the options it gives us. Very responsive customer support too.

Cons

Nothing that has cropped up yet - we are a couple of months into usage, so possible we will see something, but so far so good.

FB

Freo B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

This is not your typical website builder!

Webflow is really great and not your typical website builder. The complete features needed in web design is spot on.

Pros

Every feature is very helpful for example, the API/Software integrations, the flexibility of the platform to design the way it supposed to be and the code export that can be used anywhere you want to.

Cons

Some complex animations still needs to be integrated with Adobe After Effect, hopefully, complex animation will be available natively to their platform.

AB

Alexander B.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Webflow, where have you been all my life

Webflow allows users who have no or little coding experience to get professional websites up and running with in hours.

Pros

Webflow has a sleek and easy to use interface. Under the hood Webflow is extremely powerful that can be used to create modern and responsive websites.

Cons

Webflow is just software that works. if I had to raise a cons it would be a better way to do custom code on your website. The current functionality is hidden away from the frontend, but this is the same as Wordpress.

RF

Rui F.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Webflow my expirience

I've been using Webflow for about 6 months and it's been a great experience. The templates are so attractive and the drag-and-drop editor makes everything much easier to customize. I'm able to create the site that I want in no time, without having to spend hours on coding or learning anything other than a few basic tags.

Pros

I have used the Webflow platform for about two years now and I can confidently say that it has been one of the best (if not THE best) decisions I have ever made in regards to my career as a web designer.

Cons

I'd like to start by saying I love Webflow. It's one of the best software products that I have come across for professional web designers and developers. With a drag and drop interface, you can quickly design a professional website from scratch. It's easy to create templates with an intuitive interface, and it is a pleasure to work with on just about every level. The only downside of the app is how expensive the upgrades are...

MB

Miguel B.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Moving from design to a digital product was never this fast

Webflow has allowed me to fully control the webdesign process, from design to code. And cutting the development time by a lot, without sacrificing any details. It's just great! And if you have some knowledge of css and javascript you can pretty much achieve anuthing

Pros

Webflow is the perfect tool to create websites from scratch, without any code. It's really easy to use if you're a beginner, but also allows you a quite good level of customisation if you're used to working with it. And above all, it's so easy to create custom animations!

Cons

Sometimes the websites can get a bit heavy if you get too crazy with complex animations, but the overall result will still be pleasent

Design, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Portfolio building

It's great for those who know a little bit of code, but I definitely struggled in the beginning to learn how to leverage the platform.

Pros

Webflow is a platform that allows for greater customization, which means you can make your personality shine on a personal portfolio.

Cons

The learning curve is huge especially if you don't have any coding experience. I had to watch a lot of tutorials, and fixing and cleaning up naming conventions is a hassle.

Parwinder K.

Design, self-employed

Webflow is the future and everyone getting their hands on it.

Pros

Pre-build features like Navigation, content box, layout boxes, forms etc are pretty impressive. CMS Collection is the most amazing feature. You can create dynamic functionality with CMS Collections like Blog, eCommerce Product Listing, Portfolio and Gallery.

Cons

I have been using Webflow for 2 months and did not find much to dislike but I have some little improvements like the pre-built layout can be improved design-wise. It will be also great if they provide at least 3-4 pages of access in the free version.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Webflow is amazing! Completely changed how we ship marketing pages

Completely changed the way we ship content and marketing landing pages. Eliminated a huge burden from our small engineering team. I would recommend it to any company I talk to.

Pros

Flexibility - Once we switched over to webflow, I was able to ship new content pages in just a couple hours and make changes on my own without bothering engineering. Running marketing experiments with a small engineering team became so much easier.

Cons

Ease of use - It can be a bit challenging to get over the learning curve, but I love that it's much closer to actual development than something like Squarespace.

Alternative Dispute Resolution, 51-200 employees

Game changer

Pros

- amazing and easy to use (by marketers/sales to build new landing pages) - Don't have to use the dev department support (it's waaaay more faster to build a new page with it for non-tech ppl) - Nice templates / Customer Support / Easy to find contractors to help you build stuff with it

Cons

Seriously not much. Maybe it could be a bit more improved for custom designs regarding the speed (Google algorithms)/SEO things. However, I still think that it's a game changer on a market

Bhavin M.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Webflow Review

Pros

Easy to design UI/UX for web, mobile and tabs within one application. No need to write HTML and CSS. The course lessons are very helpful. Great features like Multi-language, animations and content management system support within one tool.

Cons

The tool takes time to understand on initial stage. Pre made templates can be made for effective. Webflow is little pricy for themes.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Great alternative to Wordpress!

Great for putting up landing pages for testing new business ideas. Great placeholder for someone that wants a website but doesn't know how to code or have the funds to pay an agency.

Pros

Webflow is much better than Wordpress in that it lets you to create advanced website features and interactions without needing to know how to code or procure and install various plugins.

Cons

The learning curve for Webflow is much higher than a Wordpress or Wix alternative. I really wish I was able to move items within containers uses a "dragging" function instead of the Adobe Illustrator-esque UI.

Brittany H.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Bridge Between Designers and Programmers

It has been great to hear programmers ask me for more work because they liked my design AND my code. They were able to run with it. Webflow made that possible for me, whereas everything I used before was a headache for limited design possibilities but easy to understand software vs. really complex software that I couldn't get my head around but technically could do what I wanted...if I could figure it out or get someone else involved. I like that I can do this myself and hand it over to others as a service and they have exactly what they need from me.

Pros

What I design in Webflow EASILY translates for programmers, and what I see someone else has built, I can breakdown and replicate in Webflow. I've never seen something that enables me as a designer more than Webflow. The fact that the code is usable by programmers is unimaginable for me with a software like this that operates the way a designer can use it.

Cons

Like everything, it has a learning curve, but if you invest a few hours into learning from someone else using the software the same way you want to, you'll have an easier time learning it. Webflow has their own resources, but I find that supplementing their onboarding and how-to material with something external can expedite your learning process. Then make sure you do a few practice projects to really get the hang of it.

ER

Emi R.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

The best website builder there is

Pros

It was so easy to make a branded website with all the features I wanted - no templates.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve but it was worth it.

Rick P.

Design, 1-10 employees

The most powerful WYSIWYG website builder available

I was surprised at the power at my disposal, particularly adding content and managing styles but was even more impressed at the UI/UX of the editor. I wouldn't call it easy to use exactly but I would call it rewarding.

Pros

Of all the what-you-see-is-what-you-get website builders available (such as Wix, Weebly, Squarespace, et. al.) most of them are aimed at amateurs not really anyone with any sort of extensive web design or development background. Webflow is different in that respect and in all aspects of the user experience, from the way style sheets are exposed, displayed, and edited to the extensive hosting options....

Cons

Hosting options are kind of confusing. Simplify them, please.