Wistia Logo

The complete video marketing platform for businesses

Wistia Reviews - Page 2

AM

Andrew M.

Love Wistia features and service

I personally have loved using Wistia. It is very user friendly and intuitive. The staff at Wistia are awesome and responsive to inquiries. I would highly recommend them.

Pros

There are many things to love about Wistia. Some of the key things that I liked most are: - The simple user interface - The ability to customize for conversions (end screens, chaptering, CTA's etc.) - The ability to connect to HubSpot CRM with a more holistic picture of a lead to see what video content they have engaged with - The ability to duplicate videos for different locations to isolate performance...

Cons

-I wish it would a little easier to customize end screens and CTA's. It would be nice if there was templates you could use and alter for these with your own content and brand. Or if there was a marketplace to purchase high converting designs. - It would be nice to be able to customize the channel page more with your own brand fonts and layout options. Again pre-done templates for this would be a great feature.

JF

Juan F.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001-5,000 employees

The video platform your Business Needs

Wistia has lots of features that have helped my company grow and save time. We have worked smarter and not harder thanks to Wistia.

Pros

So many things, like the CTR, but if I have to choose one, I would say is the "replace media" feature. This has helped me replace media that needed some updates, and that is embedded in many places, without having to upload or embed again.

Cons

For the moment, I haven't encountered a problem with the platform, and when I do, or I need help, Wistia helps me out with great customer service. (I can really say it is the best customer service I have ever experience)

ES

Ed S.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

First class product and first class company, love Wistia

Excellent company to work with

Pros

Product feature rich and deep integrations with other leading software platform

Cons

Upper end on pricing and worth every dollar

Will G.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Everything Wistia Does Makes Video Hosting Better!

I think that Wistia is SOOO easy to do business with. I will continue to use them as long as I host video and am able. Amazing company, awesome product!

Pros

I love how easy Wistia is to use. I'm a fanboy...I'll admit. I've used Wistia to host our orgs marketing and training videos for the last 4+ years and they make the process so simple. Loading videos, setting up chapters, sharing links, embedding in our help center. I also have used the metrics to help identify where are videos are getting looks to. Simply put, Wistia makes it easy to host videos.

Cons

I don't really have anything I don't like. I suppose some of the save/edit buttons aren't always the most apparent, when editing advanced functions of videos.

Yann I.

Online Media, self-employed

A powerful solution for video content creators

Pros

When I organized a virtual summit, I spent some time looking into platforms for hosting video content and I came across Wistia over, and over, again. It was a familiar name to me because many people in my space used it, so I decided to give it a try. I have to say that out of everything Wistia does, the one thing I think really sets the platform apart it its video player and how it empowers Wistia...

Cons

The one thing I was a big fan of, when it comes to Wistia, was the fact that the pricing was tied to the bandwidth. I know that this isn't something that's unique to Wistia but isn't necessarily ideal. Basically, the more people watch your video content, the more bandwidth is used and the higher your Wistia membership invoice is going to be...

DA

Dave A.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Simply the best!

Trusted partner for all our video hosting and marketing.

Pros

Rock solid performance, excellent feature set, comprehensive documentation, integrations that work out the box.

Cons

User management features could be more comprehensive, but definitely not a deal breaker.

CL

Chelsea L.

Renewables & Environment, 1,001-5,000 employees

User friendly with tons of functionality

This is a company doing it right. They have really great training materials, both about how to use the product itself and industry best practices to help you build a video strategy. The customer service was very responsive and flexible. The user interface was so visual and intuitive to navigate, which is important to me in video hosting platforms since I check analytics and details often. The ability to customize the player, add hyperlinks and forms directly into the videos, and track click rates of links are all really valuable tools for video marketing .

Pros

The myriad of features to help with video marketing tactics are amazing. My favorites were the ability to gate content partway through a video- let someone watch 1 minute for free, and if they want to watch the rest they input an email address. The different options for customizing end cards and adding links to the final screen of the video are very useful, and the option to code and style buttons was a really nice extra feature. All of the analytics screens are very robust with the amount of detail you can drill down to, and it's really easy to navigate through all the screens.

Cons

Sadly I switched companies and have to use a different platform now, so all I remember is how much more I liked Wistia and can't recall any major issues.

Rony Peterson O.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

The best tool to hosting your videos

It is amazing using this software to host videos and make them. It has a very friendly interface and very good support from the platform. Also, the free version is a handful, and the premium plans are not expensive to buy.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to upload and manage videos on this software, aside from the fact of hosting a great number of videos online. Also, is easy and very intuitive to manage content on Wistia

Cons

There are almost no problems with this software. However, it is important to say of analytics is not very accurate and does not have support for oriental languages.

KM

Kevin M.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

Easy Video Mgmt and Deployment

Very positive. With the ability to setup turnstiles and gated videos, we were able to integrate them into our inbound campaigns. Also, linking videos to our ecom website allowed us to demonstrate a clear ROI after the first couple of months.

Pros

Easy and intuitive interface to manage, deploy and track all of our videos. You can then configure each video to allow or not allow customers to share, download, etc. Super easy to embed videos on your websites or within email campaigns. Also like that solution allows you to easily convert your videos to various sizes, dimensions and file fomats.

Cons

The Soapbox offering, which is a free tool that allows users to make videos, is great but its setup as a separate offering. Would be most ideal if this was more integrated into the base Wistia platform.

Jay M.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Wista > all others

It's been amazing so far

Pros

What I loved most about this what is the moving GIF animations that it allowed us to have for our videos which are very engaging it's what caught my attention right away.

Cons

It's a little expensive being $100 a month for smaller agencies or developing SMBs. It's also very limited editing software but I understand if this is not an editing tool.

Eddie M.

Great for Data

Pros

I enjoyed the data perspective from the content that I was publishing. Wistia enables you to see where people were dropping off as well as how many times someone was viewing a piece of content. This quickly helped us find where we needed to make updates and adjustments.

Cons

At times it wasn't 100% intuitive, but after some playing around I was able to figure it out. Wistia has come a long way from where it once was.

CM

Claire M.

Excellent video hosting platform

It’s an excellent platform for hosting and sharing videos and brilliant for embedding on web pages - they look far more slick than YouTube videos. The new auto-caption/transcribe feature is very handy too!

Pros

You can host videos in channels or projects, with channels providing a great public-facing playlist. The platform is really easy to navigate and very user-friendly. It’s easy to store and organise your videos and makes for a great hosting platform. The new auto-caption/transcribe feature is very handy too! It could do with some improvements, but I assume it works on machine learning and will become more accurate over time.

Cons

The only negative is being charged extra once you go over you allowance of videos. We are currently having to do an inventory of videos to determine if there are any that we can host internally (any that do not need to be shared publicly).

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Best video marketing platform in the game

Phenomenal video marketing platform with exceptional support

Pros

Wistia offers awesome features for a very reasonable price. It's super easy to use, with valuable analytics and various customization options. If you need to update a video, it's no problem -- you can replace it without changing the link. They truly focus on video marketing whereas YouTube is really just for hosting and views. Plus, the customer service is top notch! (And if you ever get a chance to read their blog, you'll see these guys are video marketing experts)

Cons

Sometimes it can be a little buggy when adding captions to video. I also wish there was a way to schedule videos social instead of posting one by one - but that would just be a nice to have.

Nicholas B.

Media Production, 51-200 employees

Hands down the only way to Host Videos!

From the first time, I logged in, to the most recent time I uploaded a video and then forwarded the URL to a co-worker so they can use it in their workflow. This software is incredible. The company is engaging and offers inspiring posts to their customer base and their User Community is fantastic. I appreciate the services this product provides and can't wait to see where things go for them in the future. Keep up the incredible work!

Pros

Can I say everything? Ok if not... I guess the thing I like most about this software is how simple it is to use the product.

Cons

The only thing that could possibly improve is adding the ability to add a custom play button. I completely understand the reason why it doesn't exist and I only can say this because I've had to listen to colleagues bellyache about it.

Alex T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Incredible Video Hosting Services with the Most Feature Rich API

Overall, Wistia provides an incredible developer experience that I have not been able to find with any other video provider. The amount of valuable metrics provided along with the dead-simple integration makes this software a great choice for content creators who are heavily focused on performance metrics.

Pros

The most notable feature of using this software, as a developer, has to be their API. The API is incredibly easy to use and provides critical video metrics that are essential to creating an effective video marketing campaign. Their video stats API provides information such as watch time, play rate, engagement rate and much more, which allows our content creators to have a strong understanding of what content is performing well and why.

Cons

One thing that I noticed that this software lacked in was its ability to integrate fully custom designs into the player. While you are able to do some customization on the appearance, as a front-end developer, it would be nice to have more freedom to customize the appearance to match the overall experience of each project.

Bharath A.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

The best video hosting software

Lot of benefits - helps me decide create topics for new videos. Also helps me make decisions on what videos to promote and what not to. I also get to know if the video is lengthy or not, based on engagement rate.

Pros

I just love the amount of details it provides about the video plays - number of times a video played, location of the visitor who viewed the video, date and time of the video played, percentage of the video watched, overall engagement rate, Call To Actions made like clicks etc. I use all this information to tweak current videos and create new videos for better engagement and conversion. I also use this information to see what videos are more effective and accordingly promote them more. Finally, Wistia also helps me with email campaigns where I send a video in my email and then check if the prospects have opened the video, watched the video full/partial etc. Based on this, I send custom follow-up messages.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Good Platform for Marketers Using A Lot of Video

Pros

I really like the video view analytics that you get from Wistia. It provides a lot of really good insight to where users are falling off and how long people are viewing. I also like the ability to add CTAs into the video to drive additional content views and conversion.

Cons

To take full advantage of Wistia as a tool, you really need to be producing good quality videos and driving a lot of views. If you don't have a lot of views, the data will be more anecdotal than truly representative of what a larger audience will do. Focus on building your audience first, then use a sophisticated tool like this.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Wistia gets the right job done

Just great value for the cost. Nicely scoped service/product. You get just what you need to get the job done. There is little fluff.

Pros

Great to post videos and integrate with Wordpress site Analytics get the job done Easy to use to get the job done, not many extra whistles now, which is great Like the company, blog posts are helpful and public betas

Cons

Embed styles could use more details on how to do them Embedding could use more data on performance, I had to learn the best way through trial and error

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Youtube for the business

Overall very satisfied. We will always use Wisita for its simplicity and easy to embed/share and track video views etc.

Pros

-Ability to share videos privately -Great Call to action options on the video - Great tool for Individual departments to showcase and keep track of Stats on video

Cons

- Lacks some of the basic editing capabilities such as cutting and joining. - Plans are a bit pricy compared to other video solutions - Support is limited and usually through email.

Marcos G.

11-50 employees

Everything about these guys is AMAZING!

creativity, commitment, ease, communication, collaboration, sharing, efficiency, productivity, improvement, fast streaming, very good support, continuous learning

Pros

Their product is the best! One of the best things is how fast the video load on any device. Besides that I love how much effort and compromise they put into supporting, teaching and sharing knowledge!

Cons

Not long ago they changed their charging structure and that affected our processes a lot, but still.. they are worth it!

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS TOOL

I absolutely love this tool and recommend it to other companies. This is a must-have tool for any company.

Pros

It integrates with Salesforce. It's a great way to know which leads are more likely to closing. We're able to see if they have watched our marketing videos. We are able to see which ones they have watched, how long they watched it for. I absolutely love this tool. I have no idea what we would without this tool.

SJ

Sydney J.

1-10 employees

Wistia just makes video easier.

We're loving Wistia because the video players are sharp looking and easily customizable with color, buttons, etc. Whether I'm putting a video on a page highly trafficked on mobile and need a smaller play button, on a blog post where the color blue goes with the theme, or on a product page where I need the display frame to be just as gorgeous as our photo set, Wistia makes it easy.

Pros

Easy, organized, SEO friendly, Trackable

Cons

Video organization and seo setup can be confusing

Bill C.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Wistia is great for embedding video on your site and the stats are excellent

All of our company videos are stored and organized on Wistia and embedded on our website. This includes webinar recordings. Biggest benefit for us is a branded video experience on our website without distractions of other brand logos on the video player. I would give Wistia a higher rating if videos shared better on social channels.

Pros

If you want to embed videos on your site so that they blend in wiht your brand/web experience, Wistia is a top choice. And if you want details on usage / viewing stats Wistia is also top notch. We use Wistia for our company videos and also for client work for eLearning projects. It is easy to segregate videos by project so organizing videos is easy. And videos always look great on our website. The viewing stats are also excellent. We know which videos get watched the most but also when during videos people stop watching and what viewer engagement is. This is helping for us deciding how to improve our videos.

Cons

Wistia videos don't share well on social channels. I would not pick Wistia if your main goal is to share on social...use YouTube for that.

TL

Tim L.

Wistia is top notch in every aspect!

Fantastic video hosting and transcoding service.

Pros

They are true video marketers, and the software they have created has awesome tech. The API's and SDK's work very well and are easy to use.

Cons

Pricing changes were unexpected, but understandable for a startup. Very occasionally videos uploaded do not transcode correctly which cause customer issues.

SF

Spencer F.

If YouTube and Vimeo could only be this good...

I cannot imagine a more perfect solution for anyone who needs a video management system for content that needs to be kept private or behind a paywall. Even if that is not a requirement, the extensive tools, superb mobile capability of their native management system, and great customer service make Wistia a "dream".

Pros

Wistia provides an incredibly powerful and flexible way for entrepreneurs and businesses to manage, distribute, and monetize their video content. Unlike YouTube and Vimeo, the key differentiator is the fact that you have absolute control over the location where you content can be accessed, embedded, or downloaded. Likewise, you have complete control over the look and feel of your embed design, popups,...

Cons

None that I have found yet.