Wistia Logo

The complete video marketing platform for businesses

Wistia Reviews - Page 3

Storage of high quality content

Pros

This software allows me to store and visualize the content of audiovisual projects for my audience. There is no capacity limit per project and this represents a great advantage for the company.

Cons

Its costs of use were raised after having years of use, now it is much more expensive to create a project in Wistia.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Solid At Protecting Content

Wistia has been great to help secure video content and make it look more original than if we hosted on other platforms like Vimeo or Youtube.

Pros

Wistia is by far the best major player at protecting the content you put up. There are always ways to work around security if someone really wants to download your content, but so far Wistia has been the best.

Cons

The price point isn't cheap when you consider you could host for free on other platforms, but it's a small price to pay to have content that looks professional. As long as you're earning an income based on the video content you're storing on the site, it shouldn't be a big issue.

Aaron B.

Wistia Rocks!

Wistia offers our company all the necessary features the other platforms couldn't deliver on, and goes beyond our expectations for a video hosting solution. Wistia plays a major role in the everyday operations of our business. We've worked directly with Viddler, Kaltura, Ooyala and one of our major clients uses Brightcove. None of these Platforms compare in terms of functionality, API, and overall ease of use.

Pros

We went through many, many video platforms in the years before we began using Wistia. Now we've been using Wistia for almost a year, and we're not looking back. Wistia is more of a Project Manager than a mere Video Platform, and this is the greatest overall benefit we've realized. The ability to manage our clients as well as our videos is an indispensable feature provided by Wistia.

Cons

Not many - but in the interest of balance, we'd love to have Watermarks/Bugs - need this. Projects listed alphabetically, especially when searching - we have over 100 clients in Wistia - would love to see them sorted alpha instead of by date added. Different email addresses for different projects for ticketing. IE - project clients go to one ticketing board (for us), webcasting clients go to another email address, and thus board for us. As you can see - NOT ONE Con for core usage. We LOVE Wistia!

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great brand protecting video solution

We have managed to use Wistia to collaborate with videographers in a way that has enhanced our editing and project management experiences greatly. Combined with the ability to embed completed videos with impressive analytics, Wistia is ticking several boxes.

Pros

The ability to restrict the embedding of videos to certain domains combined with the improved user experience while viewing the video—through the lack of recommended videos—make Wistia a very appealing video embedding solution.

Cons

Although the interface is simple (pro), that can sometimes be a con as it appears minimalistic in features. Most of the features I was looking for are there, they're just not as noticeable as I'd like them to be.

ST

Steven T.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Solid Video Marketing Tool

Amazing video software product.

Pros

Their software ties nicely with other platforms, allowing you to use the data you're capturing from video analytics.

Cons

They came out with a new tool called Soapbox. I feel it should just be a part of their overall package offered.

AK

Aaron K.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

The top video hosting platform- they even have an awesome extension

Pros

Wistia makes hosting videos so easy. Managing the videos in the cloud makes it easy to find what you are looking for, and sharing the videos onto your website or portal is extremely easy as well. For the past year or so, my sales teams have been using their soapbox extension. This allows us to create videos from our desktop and share them with customers. An extremely personable way to share short product explanations and videos with customers.

Cons

Wistia has changed the way they charge for starage of content. I liked their old plan better, but their new plan seems to be working well.

Ashley N.

Computer Networking, 51-200 employees

Love Wistia

Saves money and time!

Pros

I have been using Wistia for years and bring it with me to every company I join. It's one of my favourite marketing tools. The cost is amazing for the features and compared to other video hosting companies the cost can't be beat. I love how they keep the platform simple and easy to use. They continually push out new features to make the platform better. Oh the videos they produce themselves are awesome and helpful!

Cons

None - once you try it out you will be hooked to! I have never needed to use the customer support team so I am not sure how good or bad they are.

Max G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Ospita tutti i video che ti serve

Pros

Lo uso per ospitare i miei video che servono per il marketing sul sito wordpress

Cons

Il costo forse un po alto, anche se con la versione gratuita puoi fare gia diverse cose

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

Ben A.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

I've tried it, but found other solutions for my needs

Wistia was great to use and easy to use, but it came down to how much I was paying for what I was needing. If you're an organization that has the expenses to support the cost of Wistia, go for it. If you're a small business or a business that watches every nickel and dime you spend, consider other sources.

Pros

Wistia offers a ton of features, but none that swayed my decision in using it to house my video content. It's clean, reliable, it works, and does a great job from a marketing standpoint. It's easy to use and that kind of reliability and ease of use only comes when you pay premium for a Saas product like Wistia

Cons

It's way expensive. My of my needs could be used with Youtube, Vimeo, Spotlightr (formerly known as VooPlayer), Amazon's S3, or other services that provide their own video hosting platform.

PS

Prince S.

Law Practice, 201-500 employees

Wistia - The Magnificient

Pros

- Easy to use - Separate task email address easily attachable to non-Wistia user - Easy to tag users - Plenty of customization - Easy learning curve

Cons

- Setup took a long to time to work exactly as needed - If a non-Wistia user got an email with the task, the follow-up emails almost amounted to spam due to regularity

⭐S

⭐️John S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Some good features but let down by lack of tracking on social and adverts on premium videos

We wanted a way to track video stats across social and our landing pages but that just isn't possible with Wistia.

Pros

Easy to understand and use. The software is fairly well documented if a little contradictory in places.

Cons

Cannot track any of the statistics on social media. The back end is quite buggy. Some of the customization features do not work on Social Media or with embedding at all. They advertise on premium member videos. Right clicking beings up an link to their sales page.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Everything you need in a video hosting tool

Pros

Wistia offers great features for all users - no matter how big or small. I've always appreciated that you can easily scale your account with them based on your needs. Additionally, their reporting is great and can give you insight into how long people are watching your video, where they drop off, etc. On top of that, they have plenty of ways for you to collect the info of whoever is watching the video.

Cons

The user interface could be better but it's certainly not a deal breaker for us.

SY

Sarah Y.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Simplifies Everything!

Pros

I LOVE that we are able to make emails look nice and professional by downloading the widget in gmail - it quickly pulls videos we have created and shows the opening slide/title vs. just having a link.

Cons

The only complaint I have is that the reporting was not always 100% accurate. There were often discrepancies between what was shown on their website and what would export into the excel sheet.

Motion Pictures and Film, 11-50 employees

Wistia Works

Overall, Wistia is a great platform and I really believe it will take off!

Pros

Wistia is a great video sharing and building platform, a mix between Wipster and Youtube, or Vimeo. I most enjoy that it's easy to pickup and not overly complicated.

Cons

I least like that Wistia is so unheard of, and people are hesitant to try a new product and stick to what's familiar.

WC

Will C.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

I've used Wistia forever

We have used Wistia for years and years - initially hosting videos of our conference series in my previous startup, and these days for marketing and website videos. It's a great experience all round.

Pros

The simplicity and ease of use, coupled with powerful features under the surface if you need them. A few of the marketing features e.g. email gating are critical for us.

Cons

No particular downsides. There are a couple of features e.g. HubSpot integration that are only available on more expensive plans, but that's reasonable in B2B software.

clint p.

Security and Investigations, 201-500 employees

A great way to host our videos.

Easy to use, sleek design.

Pros

It's easy to use and looks good. I like that you can add in chapters to guide users through the video. I also find the customizability of every aspect of the experience really useful.

TB

Ted B.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Great Company, getting better.

Overall this is a great company to work with. Sometimes I wish they had some additional functionality, but they make up for any gaps with their customer support

Pros

Supports higher quality videos than YouTube and doesn't require the annoying social aspects of Vimeo. Videos work on all browsers and devices I've come across.

Cons

Really focused on videos only. Platafrom doesn't allow you to share other types of content very well.

Internet,

Wistia provides powerful video-hosting

Pros

Probably the best thing about Wistia is how fast it is. I've never had any of the videos on my website take more than a few seconds to load. The customization features are great and make the videos blend in nicely.

Cons

While there are a lot of customization options, they can be a bit difficult to find. Pricing can be a bit expensive.

SG

Samuel G.

Research, 51-200 employees

Easy to Use. Could include more marketing capabilities.

Videos can be private and all in one place. Easy to edit videos and embed on our blog. We enjoy using Wistia on our marketing team!

Pros

Very easy to use. Customization tool edits quickly. Playlists and embedding work well. The ability to move videos around is helpful.

Cons

Limited storage. No GMail embedding (would love to have this). Price is a little high for the amount of storage you receive. It was a little difficult to know to move videos around at first, could have been a little more clear on certain aspects of that experience.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great video hosting software for sales organizations

Pros

Clean design makes the videos look nice on any webpage. The ability to customize the look of the player is a huge plus too. Ultimately, the ability to gather leads via the Turnstile is what makes Wistia so great for us. We can feed leads directly into our CRM and follow-up with them as they are finishing up watching a video.

Cons

The biggest issue at this time is that it is not possible to collect the original lead source of a contact and pass it into your CRM. If you are running ads to drive traffic to your video you won't be able to tie leads back to your ads unless you create a specific landing page for every ad and add a different instance of the same video on each page.

MW

Madeleine W.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Best Video Host for Embeddable Videos

Pros

I liked how easy it was to customize the thumbnails and video players that I was embedding on my website. The UI is very user-friendly and there are many options to choose from.

Cons

It wasn't immediately obvious that you can link to timestamps in the video, but once I figured out how to it was a great additional feature.

HM

Hayley M.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Great solution for on-demand webinars & videos

Pros

The ability to quickly import videos and have them gated for customers. We use wisitia for our webinar recordings, and are easily able to customize each video and share throughout our marketing materials. We’re looking forward to trying out their new editing and on-demand landing page features!

Cons

No cons to mention! Wisita is a great solution for our video hosting.

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best Video Hosting Option EVER

This has helped the video portion of our training program get off the ground and provide stats that we can use to improve our product.

Pros

Super simple. Great stats. Easy to embed. Overall 10/10

Cons

n/a - It does everything I need it to do.

ES

Eric S.

Love creating video with Wistia

Pros

Just the best video software and platform, makes it easy to see the analytical aspects necessary to improve videos.

Cons

I wish that I could have the Wistia video people just do everything for us (e.g., filming and creating videos for us), so no cons.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

I use Wistia for uploading final assets to clients, and also for attaching to websites.

The software is easy to use and allows for easy feedback, embedding, and sharing of videos.

Pros

The software is easy to use with a nice user interface. It embeds easily and has a lot of functions for for customizing permissions, video preview frames, and other aspects of the uploaded asset. This program does the job it is meant for with ease of use.

Cons

The software does have some issues uploading long files. I have run into a few issues where I have uploaded longer videos and ended up having to attempt the upload a few times. Those instances are fairly rare though.