Wistia Logo

The complete video marketing platform for businesses

Wistia Reviews - Page 4

BZ

Brandon Z.

Design, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

How can you not love Wistia?

Wistia not only provides an amazing product, they are an amazing company. In addition to their fantastic video player with analytics, they provide a wide array of educational content for shooting your own videos. If you've ever wondered if your visitors watched all of your video or what parts they found interesting, you've got to check out Wistia. They have an awesome free plan, so there's no barrier to trying things out.

Pros

- Fantastic video player. - It's incredibly easy to setup a new video and add/remove whichever features you want. - Great selection of resources for shooting your own videos. - And the company is just fantastic. Lots of energy, fun, and smiles.

LL

Linda L.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

A MUST for video hosting and metrics

Overall it's fantastic value for the cost. It's user friendly, allows for customization, and their support team is very responsive.

Pros

The amount and depth of analytics you get from Wistia is amazing. Everything from general watch times, repeats, drops, heat maps, etc. it's all useful in helping you (1) better improve your content focuses and (2) realize target viewing areas. We have this integrated with Marketo so it's also awesome to be able to trigger actions based on their viewing progress.

Cons

I currently haven't stumbled upon a con.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great for professional video hosting

Pros

Really professional, lots of options for how you want your thumbnail, start screen, icons, etc. to appear. Great for tracking views on your website videos – my company exclusively uses Wistia for marketing videos on the website and training videos in our Help Center. Very happy with this program.

Cons

I just saw another review of Wistia that mentioned the user community and company content – which I have never seen before! So I suppose a con would be that this type of content isn't immediately visible to non-admin users of the program and I wish it was.

Ginger J.

We love Wistia, but wish it worked for our industry

Pros

It's super easy to use, the customer support and the content Wistia pushes out is great. We don't really have a lot of complaints.

Cons

We left a competitor to Wistia as we thought that Wistia would help us get more SEO juice out of our videos. Turns out, this won't work for our industry, which is disappointing. I believe we are paying more for this feature. Such a bummer!

Brian K.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Great Video Hosting Software - Analytics Could Be Better

Embedding and sharing videos. Video analytics. Reporting.

Pros

Easy to use, lightweight, intuitive. Great value. Easily iframable into web elements. Support is pretty great also.

Cons

The analytics and reporting could be better. Wistia recently had a back end issue around the end of the month, causing gaps in our monthly reporting, but support worked quickly to resolve.

Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees

Video Hosting made Simple

Pros

Wistia is so easy to set up and get started on that you can do everything in one day. Once you upload content, you can easily customise and share with the great interface!

Cons

There are a lack of features, so even though you can add buttons, links and see views, you can't really delve into the more advanced features, because there are none.

AL

Aaron L.

Why not go with Youtube?

It has always been tough for me to pull the trigger on a video hosting service when Youtube makes it so darn easy, but the company I currently work with already had Wistia when I showed up. So, I have gotten used to it and I have to say it is easy to use and has been extremely reliable thus far. Some of my favorite features have been that I don't have to worry about videos being private or public,...

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Easy to use, clean video player

Pros

The video library is really easy to access and interact with and intuitive to use. The community is really strong and present in Slack.

Cons

When we finally decided to purchase the Wistia + Marketo integration, I didn't find support to be all that helpful. We were told that issues embedding forms in Wistia videos was a Marketo CSS targeting issue, and while that was the case, some more support or help from Wistia to ensure our success with that integration would've been really appreciated.

Lindsey M.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Wistia is great for video hosting and sharing

Great experience overall, very easy to use and sales team love it because they don't get additional videos or potential competitor videos afterward.

Pros

It is really easy to upload and distribute videos through Wistia platform.

Cons

There are some functionality limitations and can't edit videos within the system.

Seth C.

51-200 employees

Awesome tool to connect with your customers on a personal level... without being weird

Pros

I love how easy it is to use this software and how simply they explain how it works. The free version was so awesome that I decided to upgrade just so I could have access to more cool video tools. I'm not a video guy, so the fact that I could use it and make my intro/explainer videos look professional says a lot.

Cons

I use the Soapbox feature within Wistia but I don't know much about what else they offer. I think they could probably do a better job of explaining other available options.

MT

Matthew T.

Excellent hosting service. Not 100% compatible with every 3rd Party. But close enough :)

We've had Wistia for over a year and I'm very satisfied with the product. While you don't necessarily gain the organic traffic you might get from YouTube, the analytics you get from videos embedded on your site are perfect. The CRM implementation with HubSpot is excellent and it's an all around great product/service.

Pros

Lots of features, powerful data analytics, very easy to use, lots of customization, good admin panel with multiple user roles.

Cons

Some third party implementation isn't quite there yet (random third party WordPress plugins), but that isn't entirely Wistia's fault, but still a con. They also seem to have a good amount of data down time. No data is lost, but once or twice a week it gets a little backlogged. Still, not a huge issue and it's fixed within 24 hours.

Igor G.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Makes your content more efficient

Pros

First of all Wistia has a free version, which is great for new and small businesses. Second, it works great and give you so much more management options than youtube. If you're a business and deal with vide I recommend checking it out.

Cons

Not a product's fault, but it's hard to compete with YouTube for organic traffic

Sarah A.

Design, 11-50 employees

Wistia is the best!

Using Wistia, we've been able to host some of agency's work to share with others through our site or eblasts, etc. The main benefit is that allows us to show clients/customers our capabilities easily, which has helped us land accounts!

Pros

Wistia is a great tool for hosting videos! Integrates with most any software you'd need, is customizable, easy to use and great quality. Love how easy it is to blend with your site and brand -- just great overall!

Cons

Wistia is not great for social sharing. It's also a little confusing on the SEO side, but that's really it.

JS

Joshua S.

Philanthropy, 11-50 employees

Be a professional, use professional tools

If you are creating great video content, why not leverage those videos to their greatest potential. Wistia has a full set of professional features to take your videos to the next level. Marketing integrates naturally into the wistia infrastructure.

Pros

-user friendly -reporting features are easy to understand -integrates with Hubspot and other marketing platforms -optimized fast streaming -ability to email gate videos or add CTA's to the end

Cons

-sometimes so many features that it is hard to use it to fullest potential -can be expensive for the casual user with lots of videos

EP

Eric P.

I use Wistia to host all over our company videos - super easy to use and share.

Pros

Love the ability to easily upload, share, and keep track of views. In addition, when we want to add captions to optimize for Facebook they have a service that costs a little to automatically add them. Also very easy to add a cover image for the video.

Cons

I don't have too much to share about what I dislike. If you have multiple user roles and can be cumbersome to assign manager roles vs. viewer roles. Only the "account owner" can do that and that person might not always be assesible.

11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Expensive but so many useful features

Dead simple video hosting and analytics!

Pros

We use wistia for any video content that is extremely important for a user to see. There's tracking and analytics, CTAs, and a lot of flexibility with their video. For example: I can make different things happen when users are at the 50% mark of a video because of how easy Wistia makes. Plus, it's so easy to gather analytics in their dashboard.

Cons

Wistia is pretty pricey compared to the others. And sometimes, the video doesn't load as fast as Youtube/Vimeo.

Used other for 6-12 months

The best option to "post" online video that can be played online

Pros

What I like most about Wistia is that it supports a large number of formats and automatically manages downsampling. Which means that the platform internally generates several versions of the same video to release the most appropriate depending on the connection speed of the person who needs to watch the video.

Cons

The least I like about Wistia is that you can only create a free account with limited options that allows you to upload up to 50 videos, to upload in large amounts must be paid.

MG

Markus G.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

The best video hosting platform

So far the service has been great. I can recommend Wistia to anyone who wants to stream videos

Pros

Wistia is great for hosting videos or whole webinars to implement on your website. The video quality is top notch and the employment couldn‘t be easier

Cons

We only had a little issue with embed videos last week. Despite that problem I could name any reason, that speaks against wistia

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Great tool to help host your videos!

Pros

Wistia is super intuitive. You can upload your video and host it on whatever platform you are embedding it on within 20 minutes. You can add a call to action, stylistic edits, thumbnail etc. We use it to host our videos in our landing pages we build through our marketing automation software.

Cons

I wish they'd have basic editing features like trimming. Other than that it does exactly what it promises.

MC

Meghan C.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Great

The benefits come from a clear color chart and percentage of what the perspective sales lead has viewed.

Pros

I like most about this software is that I have a clear understanding of how much of a demo video my sales prospect has viewed. This lets me know where to start asking questions.

Cons

There is not a thing that I liked least about this software. The only con I would have would come from not knowing any of the information it gives me.

SH

Sandra H.

E-Learning, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Loved wistia but switched to another software after prices were raised and raised

Pros

Easy to use, easy to integrate and implement on website and other marketing software. Clean dashboard, where I could find everything. I also liked to have a customizable player and the option to decide who can see what.

Cons

I started with Wistia in their very early stages (I guess it was about 200 € / year) but then they raised prices, and raised prices so after some time I quit).

RI

Rodrigo Iván C.

1-10 employees

Amazing for Video Hosting

Pros

Great for hosting your videos in a safe place with tons of options to choose from and easy integrations.

Cons

I would love to see more options in the paid version in comparison to the free trial version that is available.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great Business Video Hosting Platform

Great. Love the backend data we get about people watching our videos.

Pros

Gives our business the opportunity to host a large library of video that we can customize and embed on any site. Gives incredible back end stats and information on watches, engagements, and more. The videos are branded by our business only and we don't have to worry about irrelevant videos autoplaying after like we would with a YouTube.

Cons

Of course by using Wistia, you lose some of the SEO clout that comes along with using a YouTube but it depends on your business if that works or not.

Joseph D.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great Tool For Video Marketing

Overall, Wistia is one of my essential tools for my marketing toolbox. It certainly makes your life easier as a video marketer.

Pros

As a HubSpot user, the integration between that package and Wistia has been a great for measuring the success of our video marketing. Essential tool for companies who's core marketing is through video. Simple to use. Nice interface.

Cons

Wistia is a little expensive when you consider the jump from free to Advanced. The Advanced is a huge increase from Pro but necessary to integrate with your marketing automation system.

Christine A.

51-200 employees

Video + Marketing + Analytics

Pros

- Love that you can collect back end data about what your viewers are watching, how long, etc - Video turnstyle is pretty awesome, great way to increase conversions on a video

Cons

- Costs were raised, and some integrations are an additional costs. Things get pricey fast. - Would be nice if the software tracked who actually watched the video