Wistia Logo

The complete video marketing platform for businesses

Wistia Reviews - Page 5

CA

Camila A.

Videos at hand

Pros

In the company we use Wistia to host the videos of the courses that are uploaded to our platform. It is extremely easy to use, super simple to access and even easier to synchronize

Cons

Maybe the only bad thing that I would stress about this software is that the prices on some occasions and depending on what you use it for are very high.

Gökhan C.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Leader Video Host

I advise for online educator, online course maker.

Pros

You can use it very easily it is user friendly

Cons

It doesnot protect your videos when you use wistia your videos are easily downloadable

Internet, 1-10 employees

Best security options

Wistia has a good support team, a lot of positives vibes here.

Pros

Wistia has focused in video marketing and it has a lot of options that let monetize for video and to secure content.

Cons

Wistia is not a global tool so, many times is not easy to integrate smoothly. The price is another thing to consider if you only want a video hosting.

Andrew Jude S.

Education Management, self-employed

Great but expensive

Wistia is a very good software. I've never had any problem using it and sharing my videos with my clients. I wish it was more affordable.

Pros

Wistia is a very beautiful, powerful and feature rich software. I love the analytics and the customization features. I've hosted a few videos there and shared links with my clients. They always ask me what video hosting service I am using.

Cons

It's over my price range. I wish it were more accessible. But I like that they offer a free service even though it's limited.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great for sending clients personalized videos

Pros

Working in customer success, we find it super important to put a friendly face behind our messages and let our clients know that we care. There's no better, and easier way of doing this than with Wistia.

Cons

No cons about the software, maybe the guys need to learn how to rap better for the yearly rap-up :P Just kidding, they're awesome! <3

Paul T.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Wistia LTD Deal on Appsumo

It has been a great tool for videos for me this past 7 years. Never let me down.

Pros

I got this free on Appsumo back in 2014. I use it a little to create videos. My free plan allows 25 videos and I am happy with the tool

Cons

What's not to like... It was free, it works flawlessly. I have a generous limit to my free plan for life.

Maggie M.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Easy to Learn, Easy to Integrate with Hubspot

Pros

My videos look so much better embedded on my website than they did with YouTube or Vimeo. It's super easy to create playlists, and I love that you can customize the appearance of the videos and the playlists. It's easy to embed different sizes and styles - which makes my website look much cleaner.

Cons

My only complaint is about its integration with Hubspot, which requires Hubspot Enterprise in order to be fully effective. I can still embed easily and include videos in my emails, but can't trigger workflows based on video activity, which wasn't made clear prior to upgrading Wistia. So, not really a Wistia issue, but I wish they'd get on Hubspot to fix that!

all your video marketing needs

Pros

this is the only video hosting platform we use for marketing. it has built in engagement and analytics on a level unsurpassed by its competitors

Cons

quite frankly there's not much negative feedback i have here. sometimes uploading videos can be slow but i dont think that is something they can control

Frank B.

Wistia provides marketing tools to promote your videos that other platforms lack

Pros

You can track how much of each video has been viewed and by whom. Think of this as click tracking for your videos. Now you can see what parts of you video are most engaging and which are a waste of time. You also get a personally branded account page that adds to the professionalism

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Video hosting for the small guy.

It does the job for a low price. In the long run, I hope to upgrade to Vimeo.

Pros

Affordable and allows for free users to upload and test before committing to a paid plan. So far so good.

Cons

As a designer, I don’t love the visual style of Wistia. Vimeo has a nicer interface. Youtube is another alternative.

Peter C.

51-200 employees

A great tool to help your email marketing cut through the clutter

Pros

It's core feature - sending video emails - is easy to use and, when you follow best practices, a powerful way to get out in front of your prospects in a personal, interesting way.

Cons

It would be nice to have better editing features so that you don't always have to be a one shot wonder.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Great video hosting platform

Pros

Wistia is very easy to use and has a simple interface. If you have multiple projects or product lines it's very easy to organize within the platform.

Cons

Going one step further and trying to apply to other marketing/sales use cases - wish it came with more robust reporting and ability to embed and track into emails.

Rachel T.

Wistia Is The Platform Preferred For Video Hosting

Great video hosting platform!

Pros

Wistia gives us a dynamic video hosting platform, where we host a number of highly engaging tutorial videos.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the software aside from the fact that they've limited the basic package options and functionality.

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great video-hosting platform that is innovating use for clients

Pros

Wistia recently rolled out a great sales tool - Soapbox. A free tool with upgraded features for paid users, Soapbox allows you to film your screen and yourself at the same time and then easily edit the video for use in product demos, proposal walk-throughs and more.

Cons

No major complaints here - Wistia has another great feature where you can order srt files for the captions on your video and these are always done within a day.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Unraveling a new approach method

An innovative brand if you want to be up to date with latest trends on your business

Pros

Their ideas and brand approach are pretty fresh and innovative

Cons

some subproducts still need to be better developed in order to fight with big fish e.g Soapbox

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Excellent Choice for Companie looking for Video Hosting

Great experience overall as it helps teachers, and course creators host videos for long periods without any lag. Really Suggested to everyone who is getting in hosting videos online.

Pros

Fast and improved speed for hosting Videos compared to most platforms we have used.

Cons

There can be more Templates we can use for making more videos.

AM

Annie M.

51-200 employees

The Best Platform for Your Video, Period.

Wistia has stood out from it's competitors from the very beginning in their care and attention of us as a customer. They are friend;y people who are a blast to work with and their product really delivers. Use Wistia to gain incredible insight into your video data and fulfill your wildest video marketing dreams.

Pros

Ease of use.

Nachi S.

Great video and analytics. WOW

The massive benefit from wisita is the ability to see the viewer behaviours.

Pros

I love love love the backend data collected by Wistia! It is next level and incredibly useful to know the exact stats and behavior of my viewers.

Cons

A click through tutorial on the backend would be useful. The time spent learning is useful, however, it would be expedited with a click by click tutorial

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good video management software

Overall, Wistia is extremely helpful for managing and effectively using videos for marketing purposes

Pros

We use Wistia for all of our video content in my company. It organizes all of our videos and makes it easy to link to them on our website.

Cons

We have occasionally ran into limit issues with Wistia where we have to remove videos to free up space.

Shiawtian C.

Video Is The New Ad Format

Pros

Very easy to edit videos and make them stand out. Lots of analytics provided. Each video can be drilled down to how longer the viewers are generally watching, and where they're watching .

Cons

The lack of transparency on the advanced pricing. When the team called it was higher than what we originally estimated would be the cost

11-50 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Awesome welcome to the product and so far so good!

Everything seems very easy so far. There are many options, so I could see there being a little learning curve, but I think it is just the right amount so you can make your video effective in your own way.

Pros

We currently use the free version of the software. I got an awesome welcome from a customer success manager or account executive who was very enthusiastic about helping us grow with Wistia. The software itself allows you to use a practice project when you are getting started. I look forward to seeing more analytics as we work with the product.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Great video management tool

Pros

If your company has a lot of video content and collateral, Wistia is a great way to organize and manage those videos in one convenient location. The detailed analytics and ability to customize video players is great!

Cons

Great platform for visualizing the impact that your videos are having. No complaints.

TP

Tom P.

Great Service. Great Company.

We have been using Wistia for over 3 years now and I can't imagine using another service to allow clients to review and share our work.

Pros

-Easy to use -Fast video transcoding and processing -Handles multiple video codecs -Rich Analytics & Tracking -Public and private sharing of projects -Fast turnaround for video transcription -Excellent support and customer service

Cons

-Trouble transcoding Apple Pro Res HQ codec.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Video Hosting Has Never Been So Simple!

Wistia has a variety of video hosting packages that are great for all businesses!

Pros

Wistia hosts all of our videos and allows me to customize how they are displayed! It even lets you input closed captioning.

Cons

The payment plans have gone up over the past year and are really starting to affect the number of videos I can upload.

PM

Peter M.

Greatest Video Streaming Service Around!!!

We use Wistia. Daily. W has the best analytics for video that I've come across. Wistia has a very smooth and easy to use website. The customizable options are great when delivering videos to clients. I love seeing what parts of the videos are being rewatched and where they are being viewed from. The comments and feedback are also strong features and something that we use internally and with customers