WooCommerce Reviews

WooCommerce

eCommerce platform for WordPress

WooCommerce

Best eCommerce Plugin for WordPress

Pros

WooCommerece is the best eCommerce plugin for WordPress websites. It's compatible with almost ALL WordPress sites and many other websites. I use it to collect payment on my services or products. Auto-updates and auto-populating information make it a breeze. Set your pricing with ease.

Cons

I don't like how wooCommerce effects my entire site sometimes! When I loaded the plugin on my website I tried to use it and it would alter other plugins on the page it was loaded on. It's not the easiest thing to figure out if you're a first-time user. I would get help for best outcomes (ease of use is low, for me). Best features are in the paid portion.

Ecommerce made easy for everybody

Starting with WooCommerce is fairly easy: lots of tutorials out there and the cost can be kept close to nothing. Once the store starts scaling, things may become a bit tricky, and more effort and financial resources are needed. Generally speaking, WooCommerce is a viable solution for e-commerce startups, due to their stability, market share, and the community around it.

Pros

Woocommerce doesn't charge a transaction fee, which saves a lot in comparison to Shopify. Every major theme has Woocommerce compatibility.

Cons

If you want to deal with more in depth-customization you either need to do it through a plugin or by code. The plugins can drastically decrease the performance, while the documentation is not always up to date.

WooCommerce makes for an easy site!

It has been such a positive experience!

Pros

Woocommerce makes my website function smoothly! I'm able to keep up with inventory across all my sites, use promo codes, and just keep my site functioning better than I ever could on my own!

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about this software!

My favorite cart solution

Pros

WooCommerce offer complete integration with WordPress, including its security and usability features. It's flexible, extensible (via plugins), and feature rich enough to cover a lot of usecases

Cons

Some features require premium plugins, which need to be purchased from the provider website, such as complex uses of discount coupons

Great for ecommerce management

Pros

Great convenience in managing online sales. Freight calculation facility

Cons

Hard product understanding before creating experience.

WooCommerce is great for a little online shop

This is a great product and to have it available for free is just amazing. Perfect for what you want when you're just starting out.

Pros

I absolutely love WooCommerce, it's quick and easy to set up and integrates easily into a lot of the Wordpress themes. I have used this to set up a number of small little shops on websites and clients have been extremely happy with them.

Cons

WooCommerce is unfortunately very Wordpress based, you have to log in via Wordpress to update your orders. It would be great if there was a free standalone desktop/app software which allowed you to access the WooCommerce database with out having to log into the Wordpress admin.

It's fine for being free, but if you are serious about selling multiple products, it's not worth it

It was easy to set up a product catalog on my site to sell products, and once you integrated with a payment provider you could capture payment information easily and securely. But I don't use it any longer because I switched to Shopify, and am way more happy with that.

Pros

It's free. It's pretty easy to set up, and it does the job you need it to do - create a product catalog, and sell stuff (once you integrate a payment provider like PayPal or Stripe).

Cons

What really bothers me about WooCommerce is that everything is its own separate plugin. So if you want to get reports, you need to install a different plugin. This opens you up to having so many plugins that may not play nicely when your site updates. This happened to me when my site updated to a new version of WordPress, but the order export plugin wasn't compatible, and my entire site crashed! I wound up getting a Shopify account shop set up - you can get a Buy Button for only $9/month, and that's way more easy to use than Woo.

best plugin for online shop

Pros

woocommerce is the best e-commerce plugin I have used so far. It has a very few easy steps to set things up and after that you are good to go. you just need to put all your details. It has options of calculating shipping amount instantly. you can also choose have various payment methods.

Cons

although the basic version of woocommerce plugin is free to use but in order to do certain things you need to buy add-ons which can be very costly for small businesses.

WooCommerce Pros and Cons

WooCommerce is a plugin for WordPress, and it cannot be run with out WordPress.

Pros

Free to download and install for Word-Press based e-commerce sites. No monthly fees. Also able to customize with themes and extensions. The more advanced themes / extensions cost . Able to integrate with PayPal, which is easier than setting up a merchant account. Additional payment gateways are available as extensions.

Cons

Your will still have to create your e-commerce store, and purchase a domain name / web hosting / etc. The extension costs can add up. WooThemes work best with WooCommerce. Customer support can be slow.

Perfect eCommerce Platform for Small-Medium Business

I enjoy using WooCommerce. It integrates perfectly with WordPress and if you own a site and are considering selling product online then I would consider WooCommerce.

Pros

If you are a small to medium business and looking for an effective, simple and seo friendly eCommerce solution you should consider WooCommerce.

Cons

WooCommerce can be limiting if your site has thousands of products. However it can still work, it all depends on what your goals with the system are.

Very customizable and easy to use

I didn't do any of the actual set up but was able to pick and choose the features I wanted and they have a lot!

Pros

We were able to pick and choose the extensions that we wanted to use for our booking system and we use a reservation type system so it was great to have as many ways to customize our site as we needed to make it easy for the consumer

Cons

We only need it for 2 websites right now and when you buy, you get a 1 website or 5 website option so I had to spend more than I would have liked to up front for the 5 website options but as we grow, its nice to know we have already pre purchased it.

Big and Robust but requires continuous support

Pros

Well, we could categorize anything....and have lots of metadata, multiple classifications, multiple products...

Cons

it was big and bulky at times. we needed tech support whose hours did not seem to reflect the ones we worked..

Powerful for small to medium sized stores

Pros

Love the integrations and capabilities out of the box.

Cons

Works a little slow at scale and it's a shame that complex issues like product variations make it frustrating to use in many instances. If using for smaller scale or simpler implementation, this isn't an issue.

Fast Startup

Overall, the business was looking for a platform and we believe that WooCommerce is the best choice for our case.

Pros

Easy to install and configure. Rapid set up in a matter of days.

Cons

There are quite a number of items that will need additional plugins even though these are small changes.

Great tool to start your online business.

It let me setup my brothers own business store online. Now he can also put is product online like other e-commerce site. Their are various themes available to customize your store. Its analytics tools lets you keep a track of your sale and orders. You can customize your product and put a price tag on it. It lets you do all the things you want to do to setup your online store.

Pros

One of the great think about woocommerce is it lets you handle your own online store. Not only this but they also provide analytic tools to track your sales and customers, i think its one of the great pros.

Cons

Only con I think is its plugins are too costly.

A Positive review of WooCommerce

I was happy with my overall experience with WooCommerce and will use it as my eCommerce product of choice in the future, both for myself and my clients.

Pros

WooCommerce is a very easy install and really easy to configure straight out of the box. You do however need a bit of knowledge of Wordpress, or at least be able to follow a step-by-step instruction. There are many available online

Cons

Wordpress out the box does what it says, but it is quite limited without delving into the addition of plugins and addons. This can be daunting for a new Wordpress user, or for a non-technical person.

Fastest way to create a custom shop

Pros

There are plugins for almost everything, the possibilities are unlimited, very professional looking ecommerce.

Cons

It's not for everyone, there are some users that may have a hard time configuring everything.

WooCommerce Product Review

My experience with WooCommerce was ok. It's a good place to start but I wouldn't recommend it in the long run. You'll find more headaches, updates, coding...etc, which other platforms handle rather well.

Pros

WooCommerce is a great software for personal or blogging type websites. It does have some robust features/templates for these specific type of websites.

Cons

To be honest, I can say a little more about what I didn't like about WooCommerce, rather than what I did like. It is not a good choice if you're looking to sell products on your website, or host a full-on eCommerce shop. Also, the WooCommerce apps constantly needed updating...Most times, I was left updating the apps manually, only to find a new glitch the didn't correspond with another app.

Woocommerce has come a long way

Pros

I remember when Woocommerce was a non-automattic company. The product was wonky and awkward as well as difficult to customize. Some of that was me not being smart enough but over time it was workable. Automattic bought it and it is an enterprise product now. It's come a long way and I enjoy implementing them now

Cons

Stylization is not as straightforward as I'd like. Certain themes will break everything and sometimes key functionality has to be purchased by a plugin company to make it work.

Great eCommerce plugin to turn your website into an online store!

Great eCommerce plugin to turn your website into an online store - would highly recommend!

Pros

- Great for SEO - can link up to Google Analytics eCommerce tracking to report on sales/revenue/average order value etc.

Cons

- The setup process is really confusing and clunky, and those new to WordPress etc will certainly struggle.

Awesome - love Woocommerce

Pros

Has a ton of features out of the box and is very extensible. Easy to customise. Heaps of options.

Cons

I don't have any cons for Woocommerce, sorry

Great for Small / Medium online business

As a wordpress site designer, it is a great way to offer online shops to clients, set it up for them and quickly get them started in being able to maintain the shop and products for themselves (for the most part).

Pros

Easy to setup shop quickly and add in products and services for sale. The documentation is very good and there are plenty of add-ons / extensions available to meet all your needs.

Cons

Until recently, customization was somewhat limited. However that is getter better with updates.

The Most Comprehensive Ecommer Solution

We recently launched an ecommerce site using Woo and have been very pleased. The software is widely used so almost any problem/question you come across can be easily found through a quick search. Because of it's open source nature there is a solution for almost any need that can be easily integrated.

Pros

Open source Intuitive and clean interface Solutions for most any need Large database of tutorials / information Free base package

Cons

Plugins / added functionality can be expensive when all added together Support is limited and slow Self hosted so it can be buggy and require troubleshooting

Good platform to start online store

Pros

I started using woo commerce a few months back because I wanted to sell tickets for events. I did not want something complicated as I'm not tech savvy. After watching a few tutorials I learnt how to use and customize the plugin along with another free events management plugin that I found on the word press depository.

Cons

For freeware this plugin does a lot and I can recommend it to anyone who wants to start their own online store.

Simplicity

Pros

This plugin is amazing! The installation is very simple and the quantity of utilities it has in the free version are a lot. It also works very well with elementor. The time spend by doing the gallery of products, the cart and the logic of connecting paypal would take 10 times more than the installation of this plugin

Cons

In Costa Rica the plugin that helps with the calculation of the shipping cost is not working correctly.