All categories

Socrates

Teaching assistant & learning platform

Socrates Reviews

CD A.

The platform is fun and interactive which makes it fun for the kids to learn.

I really like the individualized, leveled learning and ease of generating progress reporting.

Helen W.

Cons

Maybe a little less game time, work more problems before playing.

Kristy K.

I currently have no reservations regarding this software.

Regina W.

One thing is it can give some anxiety as you go through the questions together causing some students to rush.

Elaina G.

5.0

Great Teaching Tool

Overall I think it’s a great tool and can really enhance teaching!

Pros

I liked Socrates because it’s easy to use and you can send out a quiz in real time to students. It’s all electronic so no paper waste.

Kids Love It!

My overall experience has been good. I feel that it has been a good review program in math and language arts for the kids. I love that I can monitor their progress and reassign skills that they need to work on.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that the kids love going on it. The kids are learning math and language arts but then get rewarded with games, cards, etc. It is a win, win situation.

Cons

There isn't much that I didn't like about the software. It does seem like they play games a lot, but it can be controlled, so it's not much of a problem.

Individualized support for students via technology

Overall, Socrates is a great progressive platform to support students' learning.

Pros

This program provides individualized support to students, while also encouraging them along the way! This program progressively identifies where a student IS and supports them to reaching where they need to be - while also incorporating their interests!

Cons

At times, the games on Socrates feel interesting to students, which is GREAT; online teaching, however, is just challenging. Ensuring that the students are accurately progressing and completing units at times can be a challenge!

Popular learning game.

Socrates has been easy to use and our personal service has been great!

Pros

High interest level for my students. They love the games. All students are able to use it independently.

Cons

The students can earn the rewards too easily and need more of a challenge before being rewarded and being able to play games.

Great for Students

I love it. The individualized learning paths for students creates an opportunity for students to learn st their own pace while obtaining the information they need.

Pros

This is a great interactive platform for supplemental education for students. The platform looks like a video game platform which is very attractive to students. Provides individualized learning paths for students. Similar to a BARBRI or Themis test prep where it adjusts based on the students understanding.

Cons

Individualized plans may cause students to fall into a comparison strategy, however this really has nothing to do with the software itself. It's just a collateral effect. Adults/ teachers/ Parents utilizing the software for multiple children should know how to address this with multiple students.

Socrates is Always Growing and Changing

Our experience with Socrates has been great and I love that Socrates is always willing to adapt and change the software to make it fit the needs of elementary students and teachers.

Pros

I love the benchmarking feature! It is really helpful to teachers to be able to benchmark students in an untimed, computer scored manner :)

Cons

I would like to see the software include a reteaching feature, like when a student answers a question wrong, it will reteach or teach them the skill.

Socrates Ease

The students can access this program at home and they are learning as they turn to this program rather than a video game at home and hopefully this will happen more and more. They love competing with their peers for the most tickets & medals. Each day they want to see who received the most tickets, so it is up on the board every morning and the winner gets to turn their card to purple (which is an "I went above and beyond" token).

Pros

What I like most about Socrates is that the students love it and it keeps them engaged. They love the challenge of working towards tickets. They use their whiteboards on the math questions and this keeps their minds going.

Cons

Maybe a little less game time, work more problems before playing. The questions are fun for the students so a lot of game time is not necessary.

Individualized Learning

Pros

This product makes it very easy for an educator to individualize learning in the classroom. With numerous levels for learning and achievement, students can learn at their own pace. Multimedia resources astounding, teachers are able to use specific targeted sources for whole group instruction as well. Excellent product!

Cons

It would be nice if this was a comprehensive SLM.

Intuitive, Individualized Learning

I really like the individualized, leveled learning and ease of generating progress reporting!

Pros

I love that this software individualizes according to each students needs and that students can work on their skills independently. My students have been very engaged and enjoy working on Socrates.

Cons

There is really nothing that I dislike about the software. It has helped us to address individual learner needs.

Great for Instructional Support

Pros

My students LOVE to solve math problems and earn tokens to play the games. They have so much fun that they don't even realize they're "learning" while they play.

Cons

The initial log-in page is very busy and I've been told by parents before that they are confused and unable to help their child because they don't know what to click on to begin the program.

Socrates Software Review

Pros

I love that this program makes my students excited to learn! They are eager to progress through the questions and play the games.

Cons

I currently have no reservations regarding this software.

Very engaging for students!

Overall, Socrates is a great addition to my student's educational experience!

Pros

I like that my students are excited to get on Socrates and practice their reading and math lessons. The parents of my students love getting the parent reports weekly!

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like so far!

Socrates_Review

Great to use in my classroom as a treat or brain break in my classroom.

Pros

The software was very easy to learn and implement in my classroom. When an issue did arise, the customer support "chat" was very to use and they were very responsive and friendly!

Cons

The software is very fun for the students, but it is very easy just play and not much learning, when some students realize they can just guess randomly until they get it right to continue playing the games.

Best software for kids

The platform is fun and interactive which makes it fun for the kids to learn.

Pros

Easy to use, it’s fun, and easy to understand.

Cons

I really like the software so I have no complaints as of yet.

A New Approach to Tech Supported Learning

Pros

I like the fact that it is intuitive. It actually is able to isolate strengths and weaknesses which is ideal for differentiation. I also love their customer support.

Cons

It is new and therefore not complete. I am looking forward to their progress.

Socrates

I really like Socrates and recommend teachers using it to check for understanding durring the lecture with the quiz component.

Pros

I really liked using this software to ask questions in class and have every student answer the question. This is a quick easy way to check for understanding.

Cons

The kids really like answering the questions and using this program, but it can be a distraction from the lecture.

Socrates for kids

My students absolutely loved learning through Socrates.

Pros

My students LOVED Socrates and I loved their excitement to use it while building skills.

Cons

I wish we had more class time to apply to Socrates.

Socrates User

Great software that is super simple and easy to use.

Pros

I've only used this as a user and it was very simple and easy to use, I did not have any problem with it.

Cons

I have not had problems with it so far, although I have not used it enough to discover any problems with it.

New kid on the block

Pros

I've heard about Socrates and just used it once but I wanna continue using it with my elementary school classes. I liked the engine that adjusts the content to match the learning needs of every student -in a very individual way.

Cons

I haven't notice anything negative until now.

Thank you for your review. If you would like to continue to use the software, please contact me and we will get you setup to continue to use it in your classorom