All categories

Paperspace

VDI software to remotely access virtual machines

Paperspace Reviews

Pros

Furthermore, customer supporr has been great. They really go above and beyond to ensure you have what you need.

Amanda R.

Steven W.

Great value for the quality. Handy auto shut-down feature in case you forget to do it yourself.

Auxane N.

Cons

SCAM] Charges your debit card even after virtual machine deactivation.

It never started and I had no clue that it was running - it started up after I left. Even though I wrote them to let them know the provisioning failed.

Cynthia G.

2018), plus they only refunded half of what they charged me for.

2.9

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

My online windows PC, access through any web browser

Very positive experience with Paperspace. Support ticket got handled very quickly.

Pros

Keeps all of my work related programs, settings and everything all in one place with backups. I can comfortably travel and access my desktop environment from anywhere in the world. Everything is in place just where I left off so I never have to worry about it. Use different computers anytime, and still have everything ready. It is very affordable, choose hourly rate. Its pretty simple and easy.

Cons

Where ever you might be traveling, if your internet connection is not great where you are, it can seem a little sluggish using an online virtual environment. But nothing you can't plan ahead for, and its been pretty rare for me.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Very good, if you know what to expect

Pros

I used this for gaming. It's one of the best quality game streaming hosting services, if you know how to use it. All it does it set up a really powerful gaming PC for you on the cloud, plus some additional services installed on it to get started, like Steam. It doesn't magically make things work if you don't know how streaming works, so you still need to understand the basics of streaming games (E.g....

Cons

* The machine itself works great, but the the website for setting up the machine has a few bugs. * The latency is the best out of any streaming service I used, but it's still not good enough for FPS games. Games like Minecraft and Astroneer worked fine.

• Likelihood to recommend2.00/10

Buggy, random standard shortcut changes, poor response from customer service. Overall pice of junk.

Prtability

Pros

The price is acceptable/low. Platform fairly easy to set up. Generally works well when first started.

Cons

Standard Windows shortcuts sometimes work and sometimes don't, usually changing in the same session, forcing a disconnection/reconnection or sometimes a restart. Sometimes recognize Shift+key commands rather than the standard key command (e.g., types # instead of 3). Cursor suddenly disappears. Recognizes web page shortcuts unpredictably (page down sometimes moves the page down and sometimes switches to the next browser tab, typing in a browser search window sometimes works and sometimes activates shortcuts, like typing an S sometimes activates a save command, et c., et c., et c.)

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Easy set up, great customer support

Overall, very positive.

Pros

I was using this to set up some e-learning and labs. It was rather easy to set up. Customer support was great to work with (especially when I messed up my machine).

Cons

Lowest tier machine was pretty laggy. Needed to upgrade to make my software usable.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Solved A Huge Problem For Me!

Pros

I run marketing campaigns for my clients and each client has their own setup that must run 24/7. This software allows me to store and run an infinite number of client accounts without slowing down my actual computer! Even more importantly, it gives me the peace of mind that if something should happen to my laptop, all of my clients accounts will remain safe and keep running. Even if I have to replace my laptop. Furthermore, customer supporr has been great!! They really go above and beyond to ensure you have what you need.

Cons

It has a little bit of a lag. I've upgraded my account which helped a lot, but it is still there just a tad.

• Likelihood to recommend0.00/10

Take money for nothing. No refund.

I choose auto-shutdown option for my machine. It was not shutdown because of some internal error. I did error report to support. Then I saw the bill for 20 days of machine time. They just get money for nothing and say there is no any issue of their side (its lie). I hope they earn enough money from me. I delete my account and do not recommend to use it.

Pros

Easy to use, good perfomance, reasonable price

Cons

Bad support and costumer service. Take money for nothing.

• Likelihood to recommend0.00/10

can't login - wait for answer since weeks

NO benefits. Choose other options

Pros

The virtual machines are quite fast and the usability is ok. I only had a problem at the beginning to choose the right machine for my task.

Cons

The support is bad. I'm waiting for an answer since weeks. I have login problems. I tried to reset my passwort but never received an email. Also the referral program seems not working. I send the link to a friend and never got the money to my account. The pricing is also bad. I choosed the wrong OS for my virtual machine. It was necessary to create a new one. They charged my money for a few seconds of storage. :-(

Horrible customer support and business practices

Pros

Nothing - I never saw the machine running. They have no live support - the support supposedly replies within 24 hours - never heard back.

Cons

Back in January 2018 - I followed the directions to create and set up a machine. When setting my machine up all I got was a spinning wheel. After 20 mins of the spinning wheel I gave up and wrote them there was some thing wrong. There was an instruction in their support page to notify them if the machine didn't provision within 10 minutes. They have no online support or phone to call. After writing...

Excellent cloud gaming platform

Pros

Low latency, easy to connect with, you have the possibility to auto-shutdown the server when you forgot to turn it off, you have the chance to take snapshots of your server, you can add a public IP address to your server and add virtual networks, if you have a problem they respond fast and clear. You can secure your account with 2fa.

Cons

The sound is not 100% accurate, you notice latency in the sound, not in the image! If you play FPS games it's not the ideal solution for you.

• Likelihood to recommend0.00/10

[SCAM] Charges your debit card even after virtual machine deactivation.

Pros

Pros are definitely not worth the shady charges done onto your debit card. Total scam.

Cons

Charges your debit card even after virtual machine deactivation. PLUS, to add salt to the wound, they REACTIVATE your DEACTIVATED account to CHARGE YOU AGAIN. Recently one of my accounts got reactivated in January and a January charge was found. (???!!!) Even though this account was deactivated back in December 2018. Activated a support ticket in December after I found out that they have been...

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Great multi-functional tool for a variety of business needs

Pros

Love Paperspace and the work they have done. I mainly use it for video editing and rendering. Rendering that would take hours on my local machine is done in minutes. Really speeds up production time and can be used with a team. Have also used it for higher end gaming with no problems.

Cons

Occasionally it is finicky with security permission and software installations. Support was very useful in fixing issues that come up.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Great VMs for cloud computing

Pros

- Seamless experience even with slow internet - Easiest virtual machine set up - Simple interface to configure each build - Fast and professional customer support - Great value for the quality - Handy auto shut-down feature in case you forget to do it yourself

Cons

I have no complaints so far, my bill is always correct and my problems were solved fast.

Very good virtual desktop

Really like the concept and the people behind Paperspace. Service is top-notch.

Pros

The easy of deployment of machines, speed, uptime, everything :)

Cons

The interface has some lag (administration)

• Likelihood to recommend0.00/10

Service is often unavailable and bad

Pros

Ease of use and of setting up virtual machines and servers.

Cons

Support is practically inexistent. The website will often be unable to recognize your login, preventing use of the service. The console is very unresponsive, and may take several minutes for merely turning a VM on or off.

• Likelihood to recommend0.00/10

Lousy Machine - Excel file won't even filter a row without hanging for time and eternity

Pros

I loved the idea of using a powerful machine and not having to go out and buy a new machine to work on larger excel files, however I have been extremely disappointed and support has been non-existent. Bummer

Cons

Is not as powerful as it should be given the so-called 'specs'. Hangs/locks/crashes when using Microsoft 2016. I just sat for 8 minutes to filter one column.

Total scam

Do not use this. Other alternatives might be more expensive but at least will not steal you!

Pros

They have cheap pricing and easy user interface.

Cons

Decided not to use this anymore. Turned off all the servers. After a month there was a still a server running. Why? (I am totally sure I turned everything off) And they continued to charge money. They never send alert emails. Why?

Great way to access windows applications on a Mac

Pros

I needed this program to open windows programs on a Mac. This made it possible to do that - and without spending a lot of money. It's really easy to use, isn't very "buggy" and is affordable.

Cons

If you need to upload large files to the virtual windows computer, I would NOT suggest dragging and dropping them. It probably won't work.

Good idea. Terrible customer support

Overall cheap and easy to setup, but the terrible customer support are causing them to lose substantial amount of potential customers. A lot of the advanced machine are not available, and support tickets for increasing limits never got responses. Their billing system is deeply fraud, and they seem to struggle to find a better solution than resolving to a predatory strategy. Strongly advise against using their service. You will get much better values from GCP or AWS.

Pros

Easy to setup. User-friendly UIs. Good tutorials.

Cons

Terrible billing system. Customer Support talks weeks, even months to respond.

SCAM

Pros

It looks nice. Its a great idea. The UI is easy to understand. Easy to sign up. The VMs are okay.

Cons

They don't stop charging you even after cancelling the service. The customer support is a 0 out of 5 They tell you how and how not to use the service you are paying for