GetApp.com is a leading marketplace that helps businesses discover and chose cloud-based applications.
The site was established in Winter 2009 and is now helping over 60k businesses monthly to search which business software is right for their needs.
In our efforts to provide valuable resources to software buyers, we are also running a popular blog where we share insight and opinion about business software, web apps and cloud computing.
We consider guest submissions to the GetApp.com blog from anyone willing to share expertise with buyers of business software. It can be related to web-apps usage, or impact of cloud computing, and we really love it is derived from your own personal experiences
What’s in it for You?
- Guest contributors will get visibility on our site and be promoted via our social media accounts (in September 2011, over 1k Facebook fans 7k Twitter followers from the software and small business industries)
- Awesome brand and profile opportunity to be recognized as an industry expert
- ‘Link drop’ SEO opportunity. You can embed two relevant links to own content in your post for great SEO benefits
- We don’t want guest submitters who are looking for a quick link in a high quality site, instead we want to offer guest posters a platform where they can share their expertise with an already established audience
The Rules and Editorial Guidelines
Original and informative content:
- The article needs to be original, written by you and must have never been published before elsewhere
- It needs to be focused on buyers needs and experiences.
- It should not be perceived as commercial. You are sharing your expertise not the benefits of your product
- You agree to not publish the post anywhere else, in your own blog or as a guest post in other blogs
- Lists are OK but under conditions: List entries are popular, but to be published you need to make it at least 7 items or more and it should be of “Resumé-worthy” quality
- Between 400 and 1500 words: If necessary our editor will suggest minor edits for your approval
- Max 1 link/400 words: We allow you to include related links in your entry, up to 1 link/400 words with a maximum of two self-serving links, including the link in your by-line
- No unethical links: Guest entries can not contain links to unethical sites, keyword/ ads stuffed pages or unrelated links. You can’t include cloaked or shortened links either
- Link to previous content: We reserve the right to add at least one relevant link to related content on our blog and / or website
How to submit?
- Tell us who you are: Include your full name and a short by-line that includes the name and contact details of the organization you are working with (email and website at the minimum). You can optionally add your picture and your Twitter account
- Check quality before submitting: English language only, spelling, grammar and punctuation checked. No offensive, profane, hate-oriented or subject irrelevant content
- Include the author byline at the bottom, with your chosen link and add a picture of you if you want
- Article format: include a title, a summary, link anchors in the copy with the URL next to it and in parenthesis. Do not include HTML code
- Email us: at editor (@) getapp (dot) com with the article as an attachement and with the subject line “Guest post submission”