Most of us use cloud computing on a daily basis, even if we don’t realize it. We use it when we use social media, when we use our email, when we do our banking — cloud applications are everywhere!
The advances in cloud computing allow small businesses to grow faster, less expensively, and compete more fairly with large corporations for the first time in history. To me, making the competition more fair is what makes cloud computing rock.
I use cloud computing in all aspects of my business. I write, and work as an administrative consultant (formerly known as a Virtual Assistant) all from the comfort of any device I happen to have available at the time. It gives me tremendous freedom as a sole proprietor.
But, if you happen to have a business a little larger than that, from medical supply firms, to restaurants, to technology based businesses, being able to use software in the cloud is just simply amazing.
This week I have chosen five articles and blog posts that exemplify how amazing cloud computing really is. Just click on the link to view the entire article or blog post. Enjoy!
1. Social Networking Is Already Using The Cloud [Infographic] — A really cool infographic about cloud computing. You may not even realize you’re using cloud computing, but this infographic makes it clear. In the article the author talks about how while most people don’t realize they’re using cloud computing but you are especially doing it when you use social media. If you can reach the social network that you use via any computer, and maybe even with multiple devices, you’re computing in the cloud!
2. How Mobile Apps Are Changing The Cloud Computing Game [Infographic] – I’m loving all the infographics this week. Maybe Facebook really did a smart thing snatching up Instagram after all. Wonder how much Pinterest will end up going for, eventually. Because images and infographics are all the rage right now. They offer up a fast way to explain complicated topics, and are fun to look at too. Just by looking at this infographic you can see clearly that what the author is saying about how mobile is driving the cloud is 100 percent true.
3. Three Ways That Cloud Computing Benefits Business Process and Structure — The types of resources and tools used to advance your business are extremely important. As a small business owner, you have to find software that accomplishes what you want it to and fits within your budget. Thankfully, cloud applications make that possible. But, there is more to cloud computing than just performance and money. It’s got to feel right too.
4. Why Cloud Computing Rocks Especially for Small Business — We love cloud computing and I love this post due to the passion it shows about computing in the cloud. Cloud computing benefits small businesses like never before. Today we small business owners have access to enterprise level software that we could only dream about previously. We can protect our data by backing up in the cloud, do our bookkeeping in the cloud, and manage our projects, all in the cloud. In fact, virtually any function you need, for productivity or otherwise, can be accomplished with cloud-based software at a fraction of the cost that former native software systems cost. And, THAT Rocks!
5. 10 Fabulous Freebies For Your Small Business – Freemium Cloud Apps – This post from our own blog also has an infographic which shows you a variety of choices that you have when choosing free versions of cloud apps that can help your business. One of my favorites off the list is Outright, I don’t use the free version but I love it, and I can access it from any place. Everything I use for my own freelance business is considered a cloud application, and I could not run my business in the way that I do without this ability. Check it out, and I’m sure you’ll find something you would like to try to get your feet wet with cloud applications for your small business!