ExamSoft

Assessment management and analytics platform

ExamSoft Reviews

Pros

Examsoft is a great way to secure the integrity of an exam. It does everything you would expect it to do and has great built in test features such as flagging, calculator, and image uploading.

Eric C.

Overall performance of the software is good and secure.

aruna v.

As a student, it is a very nice thing to be able to simply show up to an exam with your laptop and take it on there.

Joshua P.

Cons

Entering your account information and logging in is notorious for giving an error message until you contact support. Very poor functionality on MAC computers.

Brittany S.

I was terrified that the software would crash or lost my exam.

3.8

Great Testing Software

I've been working with this program for about 5 years now and I absolutely love it.

Pros

I love the fact that it's easy to create exams in this program. It scores immediately after upload and the statistics and reports that you can generate are awesome. Students can get a report showing how they performed with right and wrong answers.

Cons

Students sometimes have issues when a update has occurred.

Great for Higher Education

At the beginning of the year, my school required us to buy this software in order for us to take our exams. I was not happy about spending 40 dollars for exam software, but I have gotten my moneys worth. I have exams 2-6 times a week and with over 150 students in my class, no one has that kind of time to grade paper tests. Before using examsoft, I had always went to schools that used paper tests, but I am thankful for the quick grading that examsoft provides; I no longer have to wait 2 weeks for my professors to grade my written exams. If you have the review password, you can also review your exams afterwards to see exactly what you missed. This is helpful to learn from your mistakes.

Pros

As a medical student, I feel like I spend more time with examsoft than I do with my friends. Thankfully, its super easy to use. I like how you can go to the website and you can download a report from the exam that shows you which question numbers that you missed. I like how you don't have to have internet during the exam; for example, one morning, internet was down at the school, so we we all downloaded the exam before we came to school and as long as the exam is downloaded, you can take it without internet. The downloading and uploading the exam are the only parts that require internet. Exams can either be timed or untimed and people who receive academic accommodations can also receive time and a half if the administrator sets that person's exam to 150%.

Cons

I don't think that ExamSoft "likes" Macs. I have a Mac computer and the majority of the time that I use Examsoft, it logs me out of the internet. It also sometimes messes with my apps on my computer, like word and powerpoint, and I have to end up pressing "force quit" on them before I can reopen them after using examsoft.

My Experience with Exam Soft

My overall experience was very good with this software and would definitely be using this more in the future. Best software I have used of its kind.

Pros

Loved it. Absolutely loved this software. Being the principal of a high school, and especially due to the pandemic we had to find a secure software to allow students to do there assignments and examinations. This software was very easy to use and would definitely recommend this to all my colleagues.

Cons

There is barely no problems I had with this software and when I did, it was quickly resolved by the customer service.

School required software

It makes the process easier but comes with new a new set of problems that you have to be ready to address. The benefit is clear - it makes exams simpler, easier and quicker to administer, grade and redistribute back to the students. We are able to see a breakdown of the areas we performed well/poor in, and that in itself offers the benefit of detailed feedback.

Pros

This software makes administering a test a much easier process than it used to be in the past (one would hope). From a students perspective, the program had everything we needed on a basic level - from calculators, to being able to zoom in on an attached image. I also loved the fact that grading took a lot quicker, and the analysis behind the exam was more thorough which resulted in a more fair exam overall (professors would drop questions that 'performed poorly').

Cons

The program is designed to be as secure as possible, due to the obvious nature of its purpose. By doing so though, it can affect the students personal computer in an unpredictable manner. My class had its fair share of bricked computers that were not that easy to recover. The functionality of some of the features, while present, was sometimes lacking. The review process was a chore, but has improved over the 2 years I have used this product. There was also the issue of exam uploads - sometimes the examinations would not upload properly and the exams were delayed.

My school requires us students to use this software to take exams

I personally found no benefits from using this software compared to a standard written exam or compared to other digital exams like at prometric.

Pros

We us this program on a personal Ipad. I like that I can cross out multiple choice options that I don't think are correct. The flagging option is helpful. I like that I can sort questions by unanswered or flagged.

Cons

The figures or pictures provided with the question are in a separate window, so I cant view the figure/image while reading the question. The formatting is not great. For example, often one of the answer choices will not be on the screen, and if you don't realize that you need to scroll down then you will never see very important information. It can be glitchy if there are a lot of pictures or its a long test, I have classmates who have had the program crash and then needed to start over. I would prefer to take the test with pencil and paper, I am not a fan of this program or taking tests on an ipad.

Not good overall software

Not as good as anticipated. Quiz on Canvas or Lockdown browser works better than examsoft.

Pros

Nice for in person quiz in class. No direct video screen monitoring but it will close background apps but require proctor in exam. Good experience of giving quiz and in classroom exam

Cons

Not user friendly. I don't know why software wants to have specific processor for optimal performance. Sometimes it creates problem in uploading quiz as examsoft disconnect network and you will have hard time in uploading.

ExamSoft Review

Pros

I like that you are able to take tests securely, and take tests easily with this software. It is easy to navigate and install. If for some reason your computer shuts off during the test, your test is generally saved and at the same spot.

Cons

I feel as though some of my classmates had issues with their computer after installing this software. This did not personally happen to me, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Sometimes there are issues uploading the tests and you have to do it manually.

Examsoft

Pros

Easy integration with strong features for instructors

Cons

I have no complaints about this software.

Satisfactory Software for Exams

We have used ExamSoft for several exam sessions and have never encountered any major issues. Solid product that does what you need it to.

Pros

ExamSoft is not complicated. It interfaces easily and displays cleanly. It is also good for longer essay exams due to word count features and auto spell checker.

Cons

Doesn't have a lot of "features", but doesn't necessarily need them either. Maybe some more ways for the user to customize things in terms of view, but usually most features are set by the administrator/exam giver.

Needs work

Pros

I like how it is very helpful for exam taking such as having spell and grammar check and word count.

Cons

However, i do not like how the software freezes up my entire computer consistently and takes a long time to adjust back after use.

Decent classroom exam software

Overall, the software has always performed well with little to no issues with exam access or upload. During my classroom experience, no one was able to hack the software and access a test ahead of the designated testing window. Users attempting to take tests off campus were easily identified using ExamSoft.

Pros

ExamSoft is a fairly intuitive product that can be used on multiple operating systems for secure testing. A benefit of the ExamSoft setup is the ability to download the test ahead of time and complete the test offline with internet access only needed for test download and submission. This is beneficial for large classroom testing environments as the internet infrastructure is not overwhelmed by large user traffic but only when users submit results. Test security is controlled by time frames and a release password for access to the test. The program can also detect IP addresses and can determine if a user is utilizing a locations internet or not (useful in classroom environments for test takers trying to take tests remotely).

Cons

ExamSoft does require preparation by the user prior to use by downloading exams ahead of testing rather than a question by question internet-based setup. This requires more coordination prior to test time so that users are prepared when the exam time starts. While accessing testing materials ahead of testing time would require hacking the test file, some users are disconcerted by test takers downloading the test ahead of time rather than at the time of testing.

Outstanding

ExamSoft listens to their clients. They often have to juggle different needs for different educational settings, and that can be a challenge; but they acknowledge the areas where they need to grow and continually work to improve the experience.

Pros

The options available for institutions who need to deliver exams/quizzes in a variety of settings are outstanding. Security is a huge concern in higher education, and ExamSoft's platform rises to the occasion. Customer support is typically top notch! Some wait times exist, but students and administrators usually find the support line extremely helpful. The opportunities for institutions to use the reporting features for program improvement, student feedback, and curriculum design/renovation are many.

Cons

Some difficulty with earlier versions of the student platform freezing during exams lingers, but I've seen vast improvements recently. The legacy administrator portal has some kinks to be worked out, and reporting by category requires some attention; but communication from the team at ExamSoft has been that these are being worked on currently.

ExamSoft in a Nursing BSN Program

A very positive experience. Implementation was easy because the product is so intuitive. They really care about the customer and constantly strive to make improvements to the product after listening to client recommendations. Their help desk staff is very resourceful and do not hesitate to escalate any issue if they are unable to resolve it.

Pros

We are able to mimic the NCLEX RN blueprint by tagging our questions using the Client’s Needs categories. The blueprint updates in real time as you add questions to the assessment. We have a 96% board pass rate! Item analysis is instant and provides all the statistics you need to do a quick exam review, finalize the exam, and push grades over to our learning management system. It is unreal the time we were able to get back by using this product.

Cons

The formatting of the reports are not the best, but after attending an Assessment on Tour (they will come to your school!) I learned how to export the data into a more user friendly format. This is something they have addressed in the new platform! (So they listened to the complaint and made upgrades accordingly!)

Great for students

Overall, ExamSoft is a great program for administering exams to students in a controlled environment.

Pros

ExamSoft offers a wide variety of features that are very handy for administering exams and quizzes and viewing the results in a simple but powerful way. ExamSoft closes all programs on the students' computers and logs their keystrokes so cheating is minimized. The results for exams are given with lots of data to see which questions were poorly written and which ones were good indicators of students'...

Cons

I don't have any major gripes with ExamSoft, but I do have a couple of minor gripes with it. When ExamSoft opens, it closes all programs that are running on the computer. When ExamSoft closes, it doesn't open all of the programs back up. This is a minor inconvenience.

Great for test statistics

As stated earlier, this is a great software for running statistics on exam questions. It also makes grading super easy and simple. Overall, the good outweighs the bad.

Pros

This software provides the test creator with the ability to view test statistics of all kinds. It shows you how difficult your question was, how good your answer distractors were, and most importantly, how the students performed on a given question. It makes evaluating the quality of the test question easy.

Cons

There have been multiple occasions when students have had to restart their computer while trying to get an exam to load (after the initial download) at the start of the exam. The wheel of death starts to spin, and there is no hope. The only thing that works is restarting the computer. This can increase anxiety and stress levels in students who are about to take an important exam and is a glitch that should be addressed.

ExamSoft Review

Overall, this program allows you to set up an exam exactly as you'd like since it offers quite a few features. It is a great program that I would recommend to others.

Pros

This program is great for taking exams. I like that after an exam it shows your raw score and that score can be adjusted to include all questions, just multiple choice questions, or a personal selection of questions. Exams can be set to allow or inhibit backwards navigation and parameters such as calculator access can also be controlled. Attachments can be assigned to certain questions eliminating the use for paper handouts.

Cons

For the most part this program always runs smoothly for me. There are times when I go to start an exam and my computer screen will freeze, however, I'm not sure if this is related to the software or my computer operating system.

Secure Exams Garunteed

Pros

I like the dependability and easy functionality of Examsoft. I am currently using Examplify to take exams in school and when it is in use, it is guaranteed that no one will be able to cheat by accessing online materials while still having the convenience of using a digital test that can be graded immediately. I also like that if the instructor is okay with us using notes that we have on our computer, it can be set so that we can access anything we have available on our desktop without giving us full internet access.

Cons

The only complaint that I had was previously everytime I went to take an exam, it froze as I was logging into it and I had to restart my computer. However, this problem seemed to go away when I updated by OS.

Best exam system out there.

Pros

Students are able to take secured exams without internet connection. Categorizing questions to run reports. Creating questions is easy.

Cons

The interface changes a lot on a pretty regular basis. Features that we used have been removed.

ExamSoft is the WORST Exam Software on the market.

My experience with ExamSoft has been terrible. I do not recommend this program.

Pros

Honestly, there isn't really anything good to say about this software other than exam conditions are well controlled.

Cons

I have a lot to say about how terrible this software is. ExamSoft is like a virus to your computer. Once you download it, it somehow has control of everything. I understand this is for exams, but why does it need access to everything when not taking an exam? It somehow controls your desktop background, internet connection, volume level and so on. ExamSoft frequently crashes mid exam. It frequently...

Great looking software, easy to use, great features

Pros

My school implemented ExamSoft 3 years ago to administer all tests and exams. It blocks out any other applications on the students' laptop for a secure, cheat-proof examination. It has options to have calculators, prevent students from going back on questions, and allows students to eliminate answer choices as they go through the questions. It also allows students to mark a question in order to come back to it. Great software!

Cons

It does take a long time to load on some students' computers, but for the most part, most students don't have a problem with this.

Examsoft Review

Pros

The exams are easy to navigate through. I like how the font of the exam could be adjusted. Also liked how the exams had attachment pop up for associated questions. All the different features and functions of the software made it easier to take exams on computers.

Cons

I did not like how once the exam is downloaded, you can delete it off the list; for example, there were exams that are just test-run exams that would be on the list forever. Also the calculator in the exam is a little bit difficult to use.

Pros

I like the flagging option that examsoft has to allow you to flag certain questions that you'd like to go back to. This feature makes it super easy to only have to review the questions that you need to rather than scrolling through the whole test to find that one question you were struggling with.

Cons

Sometimes it can take a long time for the test to load once the password has been released.

Good test taking software

Easy and versatile testing software.

Pros

The college I am going to runs all their exams through ExamSoft. It is straightforward and easy to use, have never had any issues with it shutting down during exams or losing data. Been using it for over three years.

Cons

It is a little bit hard sometimes to go back over your answers to review them before submitting. If you flag questions you want to review it makes it much easier though.

It is a simple secure way to take an exam.

Pros

The simplicity cannot b beat. and the functions are great. You can administer a wide variety of testing tools. It is secure and locks down all other software on the computer for fair testing.

Cons

Some bugs and crashes have happened however they are easy to fix. The use of certain security software must be disabled to properly function.

Good software for Law Exams

Overall, I did like using it for exams, but was always nervous it would crash due to overheating computers.

Pros

I liked that we were able to use this for exams, instead of having to write our law school exams in bluebooks. As long as the program worked, it was easy to upload the document and submit. It was nice to have a timer to keep track of the amount of time left for the exam.

Cons

I was terrified that the software would crash or lost my exam. In law school, there were many people who were in the middle of typing their essays and ExamSoft would crash and they would lose all of their work. The computers also got really overheated when the software was launched.