Petal Scheduling for Physicians Reviews

Pros

The UI and functions for schedule maintenance are easy to use and looks clean. The ability manage the schedule and customize without the need for help desk has improved.

Ajay K.

Internet accessible, overall good, syncs with other calendars, mail is good to use, easy to see my colleagues schedule.

Andreane F.

I like the ability to see weekly or monthly group schedules, and to view other physician schedules. This helps with proposed changes.

Lindsay M.

Cons

My biggest frustration is that I'm unable to post a shift to the group and concurrently propose an individual trade on the same shift.

Lindsay M.

aran b.

Using this site is mostly awkward and difficult to have learners learn how to use it.

Jon D.

4.0

Physician lifestyles have been totally transformed

Pros

PetalMD is an intuitive scheduling platform that allows physicians to have a life outside of work. Docs can finally be there for their family, friends and themselves. Physicians who work at two sites or also have run a clinic outside the hospital no longer have to suffer hours by their computer and phone sorting through multiple trades when they are double-booked. Trades through a "marketplace"...

Cons

There is a learning curve to using the scheduling system and I would recommend training at least one other person other than the scheduler to avoid downtime if the scheduler is away unexpectedly. The training process was very helpful but becoming an expert in all the functionality of the schedule creation took me about 6-8 months to master (at least a couple of schedules). The scheduling system...

Wow! Thank you for this amazing and complete review! We're really glad to see that you fully appreciate the time saved by our software; this is one of our goals!

overall pretty good

Better way to book off time.

Pros

there are a number of different calendar views that make it easy to navigate. I can clearly see what I have booked off. I am able to see who is working with me during the day and who is available for trades. trades are straight forward.

Cons

I book off months in advance and there are only a few options for time off, there should be more Sometimes, my days off are dropped. Printing can be hassle - I like a particular view which is sometimes hard to find in the list of options. The more users the more confusing the trade situation. I usually have this ironed out before hand and then go into Petal to make the switch. Otherwise it moght be a bit more difficult.

Hello Jonathan, Thank you for your kind words about the calendar views and trade features! Please know that we are currently working on upgrading these features to make them easier to use. As far as your comment on the time off functionality, the planner of a group can create the categories that s/he wants to allow the group to use. So you should check with your group planner. This is not a PetalMD limitation.

Users are happy with it. Some challenges with planning.

Pros

User friendly interface, good mobile app. Prompt responses to help requests. Able to trade and post shifts to a marketplace.

Cons

Planning support. Had a lot of difficulty when we needed to make multiple simultaneous changes to the schedule. Also didn't get much in the way of guidance for advanced planning so never tried this, though we are paying for it.

Hello Dorota, Thank you for your kind words about our interface and our shift trade features! As you know, we're currently on the case regarding your advanced planning request, we hope you'll like the new features!

I like using PetalMD but feel it could be more user friendly and help me schedule tasks easier

Pros

I like the calendar format and ability to easily switch between specialty call schedules. I also like that I am able to use it on my phone as well as laptop.

Cons

Inability with current package to let the software make the scheduling decisions. I understand that this due to the package that my department has purchased but it is an issue with my use of the software. The second issue I have is the ease of use for scheduling is not that user friendly. I have to try things a couple of times to figure out the right way to do things. That said customer service is excellent and has always helped me figure out any issues I may have.

Hello Fiona, Thank you for your positive review of our customer service! As for your current package, if you feel the Advanced plan (automated scheduling) could be useful for you and your group, do not hesitate to write to us at info@petalmd.com or to book a custom demo : https://www.petalmd.com/en-ca/scheduling-software-demo

great to help our Peds group call schedule

Pros

Simplistic symbols he one learn how to use this software. It is helpful to also learn the mobile app is it is also useful on a daily basis. The software is easy for MD's to learn and manipulate to their own needs. It also helps with sorting out call equity issues.

Cons

Need to spend to time become adept but this is overall a quick process. My biggest issue is I would like the mobile app to allow me as a scheduler to make changes. Currently this can only be done it seems from a desktop which can be limiting.

Hello Ian, We're glad to hear that our application helps you on a daily basis, that's what we're aiming for! For the moment, some features for scheduling are only available on the desktop version because scheduling comes with a lot of options; but we understand your concern and we will see what we can do regarding changes.

Very easy access, and user friendly

Pros

ease of use is very practical especially when you're in a rush. As a physician, I barely have time to eat, and the last thing I want is to spend hours looking up my schedule. Petal MD makes this very easy with its new platform and the application

Cons

would like the app to allow automatic login features like fave recognition, or thumb print I would also like the app to be able to syng in our other calendars. communication between physicians should be more like a messenger type chat, rather than email type.

Hello Charles, It's nice to read a review like yours, because with every solution and feature we develop, we want to save physician's time. Please note that with the Standard and Advanced plan, your calendar should be able to synch with Google Agenda, Outlook and iCal. More info here: https://support.petalmd.com/hc/en-ca/articles/115003905346-How-to-synchronize-my-calendar Our secure messaging system is also presently being analysed by our product team, so you will see improvements coming out in the next few months. Thanks for your feedback!

motivated staff- generally easy to use software.

Efficient- time saving, the ability for trainees to enter their own absences.

Pros

Fairly straightforward system; user friendly. Scheduling is straightforward and significantly time saving

Cons

Entering of absence requests for large groups ( example trainees) was more user friendly and clearer visually then current iteration.

Hello Anne-Marie, We're really glad to read that you find our software saves you a significant amount of time; this is our goal! Regarding the entry of absence requests for large groups, please note that this feature is indeed possible and that it was recently updated, though we are still working on improvements in this area. Do not hesitate to call us to get more information!

Great for managing the schedule but not for making the schedule

Better schedule management that is automated.

Pros

Cons

Needs more features specifically related to communication directly from the schedule to non-petalMD users. Also the ability to create the schedule does not work well with complex schedules.

Hello Ajay, Thank you for your kind words about our interface! About the ability to create complex schedules, our software usually has a solution for each reality. Do not hesitate to call us and we can talk more about your particular situation!

Great but expensive

I mostly enjoyed the ability to share the calendars through this product on my different other calendar organizers, this was done in style for sure.

Pros

Design is elegant and intuitive with colour coding and the like, very easy to use, synchronized with different calendars easily with no hassle which is a huge plus, messaging service was very well integrated.

Cons

Main thing was cost, our hospital had to move to a much inferior product because if the significant increase in the cost of service.

Thanks for your feedback, we would be happy to revisit working with you if you are interested in exploring options again.

Not user friendly

Pros

I like the phone app, it is reliable and easy to view. I have found trading shifts and accepting requests for trades to be an easy process

Cons

We use PetalMD for emergency medicine shift scheduling. I am not in charge of the master scheduling and am simply an end-user. As a part of being a user, I have to enter in my shift preferences 4 times a year. The method used to put in time off requests is very bulky and not easy to use. Other applications such as websked are much more user friendly to input, edit and re-enter. I would not recommend this software from this point of view. Once the schedule is made, I do not have any complaints about how we view shifts or ask for trades etc.

Hello Maala, Thanks for your compliment about our mobile application and the shift trade feature! We appreciate your comments about the input of time off. We are still integrating new ways of doing this and we will consider your comments.

Great system that is easy to use

Pros

PetalMd is easy to use. It displays the hospital call schedule in a clear way that is easy to navigate.

Cons

The editing field in the "assigned physician" part of the scheduling section isn't formatted well. To add a comment or edit the time, you need to go to the dr list beside the schedule, go to the bottom and then scroll across to get to the wheel that allows you to open the edit page. It would be nice if it all displayed without having to scroll across. It would also be nice if the administrator could add the contact information for the physicians in their department so that the physician didn't have to log on and do it themselves. There is a lot of missing contact info as a result.

Hello Caitlin, Thank you for your review! It's important to us that your hospital on-call schedule is clear and easy to navigate. We have a brand new module to manage contact information within your hospital by administrative member, ask our sales team for more information. Our goal is to save you time, after all. Regarding your suggestion, we'll look into it. We have found in the past that screen size can be an issue. Have you looked into adjusting your screen resolution? Nonetheless, it's this kind of advice that helps us to improve our solutions, so again, thank you.

quick response from customer service. easy to use interface

Pros

having as app and having it integrate to my gmail calendar is great. allows my staff to put in their absences instead of randomly emailing me dates.

Cons

It is not easy for my staff to see when a shift is "open" (they have to see who has posted it to know it is an open shift as the name is assigned to our administrator). It would be good if folks could see all open shifts in a different color so it easily distinguishes and highlights open shifts. I also would like if I could post ALL the open shifts at once or all shifts of one provider at once to open (eg. if they go on mat leave/sick / leave etc). to manually post all to market place is tedious.

Hello Carlye, Thank you for your feedback, we're glad to see that our software helps you as a scheduler and that you appreciate our calendar synchronization feature! We will work on the open shift issue in the following weeks. Stay tuned, because you should see a function for that during the summer. Thanks for your comments!

I have been using petal at two different hospitals and it's been very effective

Pros

Combination of hospitals Ease for switching and trading shifts Being able to find all physicians contact infomatiob in one area

Cons

Not being able to combine with own schedule - would be nice to import own schedule into petal Constant alerts

Hello Sofia, Thank you for your great feedback! Yes, the PetalMD solution can synchronize with your personal schedule, but this only works in one way for now. Regarding the constant alerts, you can manage these in your profile settings and decide which notifications you wish to receive. Here's more info: https://support.petalmd.com/hc/en-ca/articles/115003905226-How-to-change-my-notification-preferences

Overall good, mobile experience is not great

online scheduling is great, makes trades very easy

Pros

works well for scheduling, trades are easy. Design is intuitive, and easy to navigate. Easy to see own schedule.

Cons

Unsure if able to push shifts to mobile device (e.g. google calendar). On screen guides are a pain and difficult to get rid of (e.g. guides show up all the time, not just once). Trades could be more intuitive, eg. selecting another physicians shift and trading for it, vs having to select my own)

Hello Aran, Nice to see that you like our overal design and particularly the shift trade features! Regarding the on-screen guide, we identified the one you're talking about and there was indeed a repetition issue. We have since corrected it. As for the trades, we're taking note of your suggestion, thank you!

Clunky would be an exaggeration when trying to be positive

Pros

that both hospitals I work at share this software. Of course, that stops march 31 when one hospital leaves Petal

Cons

it is dysfunctional! If I post a shift for trade I cannot then choose that shift in exchange for a trade with someone else - it prevents me from doing exactly what I have requested. I have to remove my trade request in order to make a trade! Shifts up for trade are not visible on a calendar. I have to keep switching from the list of trades up on marketplace to my calendar then to the group calendar to see if some can accommodate the switch. Otherwise i have to click on each individual to see if they are free - incredibly painful! I usually end up getting our Petal manager/scheduler to make the changes because it is otherwise so hard

Hello Jim, It's unfortunate that the hospitals you work in will no longer be using PetalMD. We're truly sorry for the situation. Please know that we took note of your comments regarding the shift trade feature and that we are currently looking into ways to upgrade it. At the moment you still can initiate only 1 transaction by shift, but you can send it to multiple members in the same requests. We are still concentrating on improving this feature. To show the marketplace offer in your personal calendar, you can select this option via the display button in your personal calendar. This option will remain the default, so no need to shuffle between your calendar and trade section. Thanks for your comments.

ED MD in two EDs using platform

Pros

See everyone schedule when needed as in can pull up each day and see who is working... helpful for knowing when looking ahead to whom I can see that day

Cons

Can't see other's schedules when trying to switch shift... I have to know who I want to switch with before placing trade out. Painful.

Hello Mary, Glad to see that you like our group schedule interface! We heard you about the shift swap feature and there is now a way to see who is available before trading. More info here: https://support.petalmd.com/hc/en-ca/articles/115005544166-How-to-transfer-a-shift

Very good app

Pros

Updates fix things Good support Integrates well everyone, multitasking, personnal events too Calendar is great on the app

Cons

Interface not as intuitive Mobile app buggy for messages and shift switches Pricey. Pricing structure could be more personalized

Hello Jean-Philippe, Thank you for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact our support team for any unexpected behavior from our app. We are there to assist you. You might also want to contact our sales team to look at which features might better respond to your group's needs.

Intuitive and easy for end user to use

Easy transition fom Docroster. Fairly good monthly price per MD.

Pros

works on lap top and all portable devices. Easy to read shift in lap top view. Same view is available on portable devices. However, actual portable vioew is not easy to use.

Cons

No template copy and paste function. As the scheduler I have to enter shifts manually every month. If a physician has posted a shift, I cannot override and change the physicians name assigned to the shift.

Hello Keith, Thank you for your feedback! About the manual shift entry, we do have a template function to avoid manual copy-paste with our advanced scheduling features. Do not hesitate to call us to know how to use it : 1 888-949-8601.

Hard to trade

Pros

Cons

Looks ok to me most of the time but issues are with the functioning of it. It's very hard to swap or trade a shift. Too much colours are going on. Not intuitive. Very poor in taking suggestions. Overall needs a lot of improvement. Additionally takes too much interface time...nothing to use on the phone as an app.

Hello Ahmed, Thank you for your feedback! We are currently working on ways to upgrade the swap/trade shift features based on user suggestions. Don't worry, we hear you!

very smooth

Pros

Very smooth software and app. Great design. I like that it synchronizes between app and desktop and the messaging capability. The new logo is better.

Cons

I would like fewer clicks when I am switching a shift. It takes too long especially on the app. Other than that, nothing major

Hello Athanasios, Thank you for your positive review about our software applications and even our new logo! Please, be assured that we noted your comment on the trade shift feature and that we are looking into it.

Very professionnal programmers

Pros

Leaving the job to the members to organize their own schedule without external modifier. Having a scedule always right with the exchanges done directly online between members.

Cons

I do not like to receive adds and publicity on my job network and there is some but not too much on Petal

Hello Catherine, We're glad to see that our software is saving you time as a scheduler, thank you for your feedback! Remember you can also manage your notification from your profile page.

Better scheduling, with clear organized calendars.

Pros

Ability to share confidential correspondence and documents, physician to physician and within formal groups.

Cons

The app is less user friendly and visually worse than the web version. By far. I need a calendar I can glance at, not one requiring each day to be clicked on for more information

Hello Mark, Thank you for your feedback! Good to hear you're pleased with our secured document exchange functions. Please note that we are currently working on an upgraded version of the Android app, so it will soon be more user friendly. Therefore, if you have any enhancement requests, please do not hesitate to share them through your help center.

Excellent, professional service

Pros

I like the ease of use and the way the schedule is set up to be very simple and appealing. It is an excellent product.

Cons

Sometimes the software is difficult to use on an iPhone and I have had a couple problems switching shifts.

Hello Joanna, Thank you for your positive review, we really appreciate it! Please know that we are currently looking into different possibilities for the next upgrade for the shift swap feature.

Good customer support. Sometimes difficult to use on my cell phone.

Pros

Customer service, the fast response and proactive action when an issue arises. The template is user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes Difficult to use app. Limits applications. It seems like not all functions are available on the app.

Hello Fady, We're really happy to see that you like our proactive customer service team, thank you! About the mobile application, please note that we are currently working on some upgrades.

Robust system

Pros

I can see my schedule and my colleagues schedule relatively easily in a few different ways. I can see who is on call that day and any day in the future. I can see the contact information for my colleagues very easily.

Cons

Difficulty with trading especially if the shift is already posted on marketplace. I should be able to click and offer a trade from any posted shift in any screen format and often I cannot do that.

Hello Angela, Thank you for your positive review regarding our schedule flexibility and views! About the shifts already posted on the marketplace that cannot be traded; note that depending on the option that the member chooses when initially offering a shift, s/he can choose between transfer only, trade only or trade and transfer.