Ocrolus Logo
Ocrolus

Document processing automation and human-in-the-loop review.

visit website

Ocrolus Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.19/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Overall this product is great an we will continue to use it.
Ocrolus has been a great resource for our company over the last several years.
It is also a great double check for me and sometimes finds things that I may not have noticed.
Turn time on improvements and error investigations. Needs more transparent process to review Suspicious Activity Flags.

JM

Jim M.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Overall, A Very Positive Experience

My overall experience with Ocrolus has been a positive one. All of the people that work for Ocrolus that I have interacted with have been top tier. Their customer support is very responsive and quick to provide solutions.

Pros

What I like most about Ocrolus is the analytics that they provide for their bank statement product. Without reliable, accurate analytics, we would be unable to properly service the loans.

Cons

What I like least about Ocrolus is that there has sometimes been a lack of communication. I was not notified when Ocrolus would release new analytics and the corresponding analytics guide. I have had to request an updated analytics guide and only then would I notice that they released new analytics.

LM

Leah M.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Speed Leaves much to be desired

Pros

I like getting all the data I need in a clean spreadsheet

Cons

The time it takes to wait for OC to process slows my productivity leaving much to be desired! The program often misses crucial information too. If the purpose is to increase my productivity then it is failing. I work twice to double check the missing information on missed lenders on financial documents and I wait twice as long to process information. Ocrolus gives me a clean data sheet but slows me down considerably - Needs improvement considering the cost to use it!

LH

LeErin H.

What's happened with OC?

In the beginning it was like an amazing dream come true to make our role efficient and effective!!! BUT now I feel like OC is a burnt out toaster not wanting to toast anymore.

Pros

alert of fraud altered documents, extraction of balances, lenders, transfers pulled and other grouped useful information merchants, max deposits outside deposits.

Cons

The time in extracting the documents from ALL statements. I dont know how long it will take anymore. Chase, Bank of AM, Wells Fargo took no time, NOW it could take 30-1 hour to extract. Credit Unions and other unknown banks could take time i get that but when i pull up the bank statements and finish before OC has even completed one month something has gone wrong.

Hi LeErin, we really appreciate this feedback! Speed is one of our top priorities and we are actively working to improve turnaround time. Please reach out to your account manager for further assistance.

JI

Jarett I.

Great Product to Streamline Bank Statement Review Efficiency

Ocrolus has been a great resource for our company over the last several years. It has sped up our underwriting process, requires less resources than hiring additional employees and keeps our bank statement review process consistent.

Pros

Easy to use Increases efficiency Speeds up time to underwrite Consistency

Cons

Could use better reporting Turn time on improvements and error investigations Needs more transparent process to review Suspicious Activity Flags

Thanks for your candid feedback, Jarett! We're happy to hear that you find Ocrolus easy to use, and we're working on the cons you listed.

MM

Michail M.

Best in the industry

The experience has been great and I would recommend Ocrolus to any fintech that has a similar use case.

Pros

Ocrolus is definitely the industry leader in bank statement verification. The great API and data accuracy are what we rely on the most.

Cons

Waiting times can be longer for more complicated bank statements.

TS

Tucker S.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Unique product

Overall this product is great an we will continue to use it.

Pros

Ocrolous has been instrumental in GetBackd's underwriting process and extracts data in a usable format.

Cons

Speed, although it has constantly been improving, the speed could be a little better.

CL

Cam L.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Ocrolus powers our bank statement analysis toolsets

Pros

The API and toolset are easy to use and provide accurate data extraction and calculations.

Cons

The API does not allow for multiple webhooks to be assigned to a single call, which create inefficiencies in end user communications.

jv

joseph v.

Great Product but a bit Pricey

bank statement and voided check OCR

Pros

Great software that handles documents quickly and accurately

Cons

occasional long turnaround times inability to download Excel files

TA

Tamara A.

Great time-saving product

Always good

Pros

Ability to streamline bank statement deposit analysis

Cons

Automates process of analysis which used to manually take so much time

SM

Santino M.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Ocrolus Review

Pros

Very efficient software. Took a bit of exploring to learn about the features.

Cons

Some processes are delayed and end up taking longer than they should.

KA

Karina A.

Ocrolus and Nuula

Has always been great

Pros

We love how fast and easy is the software

Cons

The dashboard is not as user friendly as we want

CC

Caroline C.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Good Software but speed decreases the overall rating

Besides the lag, it is a great software to use and it very helpful

Pros

The analyst the software is able to pull is incredibly beneficial and can speed up the process tremendously. It is also a great double check for me and sometimes finds things that I may not have noticed

Cons

It's good when it is fast, but on busy days it can run so slow that I will be done with the whole thing for a while before it finishes processing. The point of using Oculus is to help speed up the overall process and when it is lagging, it just slows us down

EG

Elizabeth G.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Ocrolus has streamlined our business process

As part of a financial analysis for divorce proceedings, we review bank and credit card transactions line by line and consolidate them into a format for court. When we receive statements that must be manually processed, we count on Ocrolus to do this work for us. It is always a quick turn around and customer service, on the few occasions that they are needed, are helpful.

Pros

It takes very few steps to get the data to Ocrolus and the output is ready within hours. This program increases our efficiency and the returned reports are accurate.

Cons

I do not have any issues with the software.

CP

Cassidy P.

Easy to upload documents

I only use Ocrolus to upload documents from another program we use for other departments to use. It has always been easy for me to use, but I do not use it as in depth as other colleagues do.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to create new books and easily and quickly upload documents. I have never personally had a problem with the software.

Cons

Nothing stands out to me specifically, but I think having it be more integrated into our other business software would be helpful.

AG

Angela G.

Capital Markets, 51-200 employees

I appreciate it but i wish it was much faster

Pros

I like how it makes my easier, when it is able to catch all the lenders

Cons

when we first started using it, it was great. now it is super slow and when we are slammed, it makes our job harder and we actually don't end up using it half the time because it doesn't even verify the statements within an hour

VL

Victor L.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Very easy to use

Pros

The product interface makes it very easy to use.

Cons

The software has been great and there is nothing comes to mind!