Buzzsprout Logo

Suggested alternatives

happy-scribe
sonix
twilio-communications-platform

Started off with them because of competitive pricing and the service has continued to improve since we joined. I recommend them constantly to other podcaster friends.
It's a good jumping off point for those who want to delve into the world of podcasts. It's easy to navigate, looks nice and gets the job done well for introductory and smaller scale podcasting.
It is a good platform, very easy to use and friendly interface, I really liked the integrations that you have with other platforms such as iTunes.
My only complaint is that if you don't use your space for a month you loose it. Sometimes I need extra podcast time.
This is probably the reason I'll have to switch podcasting services at the end of this year; much to my regret.
But that may not be possible, or maybe it was just hard for me with my limited knowledge.

Matt M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Couldn't launch a podcast without them

Overall, Buzzsprout really simplified the whole process of launching a podcast and finally got me to stop dragging my feet.

Pros

They guide you step by step through the confusing maze of launching a podcast. I especially like how you can create video clips of podcast sections to use on Facebook. Probably not a necessary feature but they go the extra mile to help you promote your show.

Cons

I don't like how the player loads on our website. I haven't found a good way to get the podcast player to show up on my blog. I wish there was more functionality there.

Online Media, self-employed

Powered Podcasts

Pros

Podcasts have become an important communication tool, encompassing the power of the message through sound and the internet. Therefore, it is essential to have a platform that is the best ally to make this exercise something really productive, and Buzzsprout makes it a reality. With this application that has a free trial period for 90 days, you can experience how you can get the most out of your Podcasts,...

Cons

There is nothing to criticize from my point of view. It is 100% functional for the targeted target and the functions for which this software was made. It could be a 10 when you have more updates and include more options that are in development.

Bobby B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Great Option for Beginners!

For what we were using the service for there was really "No Cons" per se. The services are very straight forward. If you're a beginning podcaster that is looking for an affordable option and you merely want to upload your content and get folks listening to it - this is the right option for you.

Pros

Ease of Use. We've used Buzzsprout a few times for new podcasters, as they offer a very easy to understand and navigate interface for podcasting.

Cons

A lack of even basic advanced features that are very common fixtures with most hosted podcast services.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

We use Buzzsprout for our sermon podcasts and have loved them from day one.

We were able to expand our ministry beyond those who could attend Sunday morning services. Our church statistics tell us that 50% of the people attend 50% of the time. Lives are busy. Having an online presence for our sermons allows people to stay up-to-date with their church family.

Pros

I find it very affordable for a small church. I have a number of volunteers who have been able to quickly learn how to upload the sermons - it's very user friendly. I love that you can add different sized players to your websites. We even have it inside our church app. And the feature of visual soundbites has been a great addition -- we get more social media clicks from these than anything else.

Cons

I have very little negative to say! Sometimes the background graphics in the players is hard to manage to get just the right size-- but after some trial and error I finally landed the perfect backdrop to our player that works in both the web and mobile views.

CK

Colm K.

Fantastic podcast hosting service

I use it to host my podcast.

Pros

I really like the ease of use. Very simple. Buzzsprout has Everything you want from a podcast hosting service. I Have used it for over 3 years. Highly recommended.

Tracy W.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

BuzzSprout helped me launch - more time researching content creation and less time fiddling

It's easy. Perfect for beginners and plenty adequate for me now that I've been podcasting for a year and my understanding and expertise has grown.

Pros

It's very forgiving. At first, I didn't worry much about file size. Plus, BuzzSprout helped me publish to iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher without a lot of effort. Now, Spotify is included! Yay!

Cons

I'd love to have more ways to publish to different platforms. And the clipping service is terrible. When uploaded to FB the cuts aren't clean. They're either too early or too late, burping a previous word or clipping the beginning of the cut. I'd use the heck out of this if it worked. Especially if it generated a URL I could embed myself to FB, Twitter, or Instagram.

Craig J.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Easy way to get into Podcasting, but at a small catch.

I loved it when I had my first podcast. I never had any audio quality issues, but the price was the biggest factor for me.

Pros

I loved that setting up my podcast and distributing was SUPER easy. Was fast and shortly I was setup with Apple Podcasts, Google Play and RSS feeds super quickly

Cons

The price for the amount of time you can upload. The free option is great if you just getting into Podcasting however for the amount of time you can upload for the price it feels very limiting.

Jacquie G.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Great podcast software!

Overall, loved it.

Pros

I liked the ease of use, the fact that it auto-publishes on itunes, and the compatibility with Wordpress.

Cons

there wasn't anything I really disliked.

Craig S.

Buzzsprout is a great easy way to get our church sermon recordings online.

Pros

It is obviously very well thought out. One of the most user friendly experiences you can have. Each week, it is a fast and easy process to get our MP3 files uploaded.

Cons

Still don't quite get the "sprout" theme. Not that it's really important, but somehow your marketing strategy doesn't really connect with me.

Ric P.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Great service at a decent price

Pros

Ease of use and functionality are key. Buzzsprout delivers on this front.

Cons

Manuevering through sharing content took me a little to figure out.

BM

Boitumelo M.

Religious Institutions,

An Online Church Library

We are running a church website (www.lighthouse-tabernacle.co.za) and we have embedded our Buzzsprout podcast account onto it, and we just love the look and feel of it and the latitude given to us to change the look and feel of the podcast account to mirror the actual website. We have been uploading sermons since 2014, and we upload weekly on Wednesdays and Sundays, and I am glad to report that...

Pros

User friendly and look and feel of it

Cons

We need to be able to upload video one day not just audio

DW

Dave W.

Great Media Hosting - Responsive Customer Support

Our church has used BuzzSprout for two years+ to host our audio (sermons mostly) and for Podcast interface. We have been able to effectively reach our homebound and handicapped members as well as to spread the Word outside out local community - VERY cost effectively. The great thing about BuzzSprout is ease of use - from uploading audio (sermons in our case) to having it automatically appear on your...

Pros

Value & ease of use. Customer support has also been excellent.

Cons

Not much to dislike about BuzzSprout.

TM

Teresa M.

Buzzsprout: Great Podcasting Software

Two years ago I began reviewing different podcasting software programs for my church. I read many reviews and looked at many different software packages and ultimately chose Buzzsprout due to its user-friendly interface and great tutorials and directions. Buzzsprout is cost-effective for our small parish as I only upload 4-5 homilies each month. The unlimited storage offered by Buzzsprout is another...

Pros

Ease of use, great tutorials

Cons

The tags now being listed in separate purple circles. I like the tags in a list better.

TM

Todd M.

Security and Investigations, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

The Buzz on Buzzsprout

Pros

I am a big fan of Buzzsprout. I wanted to start a podcast several years ago and didn't have the knowledge or financial resources. Then I came across Buzzsprout. I was not only able to create my podcast with ease but it was affordable as well. This is a very user-friendly company and I'm all about user-friendliness. The interface is beautiful. The company also wants you to succeed as a podcast and offers tips and tools for that purpose. You can't go wrong with Buzzsprout, no annual contract and unlimited storage, you can beat that with a stick.

Cons

When I started out with Buzzsprout I took advantage of their Free plan which allows 2 hours of upload per month. But what I didn't like was that the uploaded content was only hosted for 90 days. The pay plans offer indefinite hosting. The free plan is good to get started but not for the long haul.

JP

John P.

Media Production, self-employed

Great value for the money, intuitive upload process.

We use this software to promote, produce and distribute our podcast on a weekly basis. This software allows us to do this in a clean, easy manner that is visually appealing to our customers.

Pros

I use buzzsprout on an almost weekly basis. The upload process is very easy and quick. The amount of storage provided each month is more than sufficient for my needs and I love the ability to add more each month instead of upgrading my entire plan. I also enjoy the snipets you can produce and posting to Facebook and Instagram is a breeze.

Cons

The major concern for me is the inability to post to YouTube. Hosting a podcast is great, but getting it to all avenues is important. YouTube is a big medium that I wish was available to post to. Another issue I'd like to see is more updated statistics and listeners information. I'd like to know exactly where and when my listeners tune in. Also a Live feature would be awesome to have as an option for broadcasting.

DW

Daniel W.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

An excellent, easy-to-use podcast publishing service.

I have used at least five different podcast publishing platforms throughout my career. But the one I have used the longest and with the best results is Buzzsprout. From the beginning, they were easy to set up and use. The stats are great. And they make integration with the iTunes, Google Play, and my own website very easy. I don't have any complaints about the service or uptime. I know that I can depend on them for consistent, reliable service. And I have recommended Buzzsprout to friends and colleagues.

Pros

- Ease of use - Not fancy; simple to use

jN

jeff N.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

with an average of 18 podcasts every week, Buzzsprout is the most convenient and effective tool.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Very intuitive and the information loaded stays organized and easy to access.

Cons

I've never experienced any service outages or glitches so no negatives. It would be nice to have a 4 hour per month option as most of our shows are 1 hour, weekly -- and we either go over on the 3 hour per month plan -- or don't use the allotted 6 hours per month on that plan

DY

Dave Y.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Super easy for our non-technical folks to publish sermons online

Our church has been using Buzzsprout for a few years now and it's been very easy for the staff to publish the weekly sermons online. I am a full-time web developer and volunteer some of my time to help with the church's website. When looking into options for publishing sermons online, I wanted something that was so easy that technical assistance wouldn't be required on a regular basis. Buzzsprout fit the bill perfectly. Our folks have done a great job using it and it's a cinch for visitors of our website to find and listen to recent sermons. I do see some room for improvement in terms of the UI and features overall, but couldn't we all use a little improvement? Good app.

Pros

User-friendly for our non-technical folks

Cons

Haven't been a big fan of the embedded player, but it's been a while since we've used that feature so it's probably improved since then.

Marc H.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Buzzsprout easily allows me to get my content on various platforms so that I can expand my audience.

Ease of pushing our podcast to various third party platforms. A database of all our episodes so that we have an archive in one location.

Pros

I love the dashboard! It allows me to see my content, views/listens to episode, and how many hours of upload time I have available in each location. Also with Buzzsprout, I am able to have my most current episode featured on my website plus it automatically updates every week!

Cons

I wish that the built in Buzzsprout player was a little more intuitive and clean. I have had people who have had issues fast forwarding and rewinding, so I always have to push people to third party podcast companies (e.g., Apple, Stitcher, etc.).

BM

Bob M.

Entertainment, self-employed

Buzzsprout or Bust!

I've been using Buzzsprout for over 2 years and could not be happier! So easy to use and understand! Shoot you can use it for free to try it out. I'm so glad I chose Buzzsprout.

Pros

So unbelievably Easy to use.

Cons

I wish I could get 4 hours instead of 3 for the plan I have. That would be an Hour a week.

AB

Anthony B.

Information Services, 1-10 employees

Great Podcast Hosting

Buzzsprout is a great podcast hosting platform. I started using Buzzsprout when I first started podcasting and it was very easy to use and understand. They offer great support and tutorials on how to get started. I have done over 600 podcasts now and never had an issue.

Pros

Ease of use. Good analytics.

MD

Micah D.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

BuzzSprout is the perfect solution for us.

We're a church plant with limited staff and no full-time tech or media guy for anything like this. It was super simple to set up and maintenance is basically nonexistent. I got it up and started, with 2 different streams. Had some questions about having 2 different streams and the customer service was immediate and completely helpful. Got it all sorted and handed it off to one of our high schoolers who manages it for me. Super easy. Super great. Perfect solution.

Pros

ease of use and functionality

Cons

it's on the billing end....when I need receipts I have to go to the 2 different streams and print 2 separate receipts. It's a small thing, but just one spot for all of that would be great.

JW

Jason W.

Good experience until I tried to leave...

Pros

Ease of use, worked as advertised. It was really easy to get everything setup and then push podcast episodes as I needed too. They also have a nice embedded player that is optimized for mobile use too.

Cons

I hated my experience when I decided to leave and switch to another podcast host. They advertise that it will be an easy process, but they made it difficult with all of the games that they were playing with me. They tried to use scare tactics to make me stay instead of just doing what they say they do.

JG

Joshua G.

Music, self-employed

The best way to podcast

I've used buzzsprout to host multiple podcasts and I wouldn't consider another service. Uploading is very simple, getting listed on iTunes and other sites is a quick and easy process, the tracking is great, and it's one of the best monthly rates available. I didn't rate customer service because I've never needed to call them, which is a strong point in itself. The site itself and web players aren't the flashiest thing but you shouldn't be using that as your main portal to listeners anyway. Overall, a great service that always works and it's at a great price point. Win-win-win. Make the poster into a t-shirt.

Pros

Ease of use, reliable, fast.

Cons

Basic looking, text-field functionality.

DH

Debbie H.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Great value to small church congregation

We use Buzzsprout to put our pastor's sermons online for people to listen to if they miss church, leave town, are unable to attend, etc. We only have the free program, so two hours/month is just right for us. They are deleted after 90 days online, but favorites are kept on a computer at home. Since this is a free service, we are very happy for the value. We have had no customer service contact, so can't really speak to that.

Pros

Free option online, with ability to pay for more if needed.

Cons

When a photo image is uploaded and shared to our Facebook page with the recording, the photo size that is published is unpredictable. Sometimes the whole image fits in the box, sometimes only a small part. Need to figure out what size to make photo imagess so that we show the parts we would like to show.