EdrawMind Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.43/10

Reviews by rating

Very positive, helped organize my thinking, workflows, and while having fun.
When exporting map archives into Word or Excel, the format is very bad. You must work A LOT to configure the new file.
The sac denied my requests even after I explained all the situation.

Max S.

Internet, self-employed

Best mind map tool on the market!

Think of MindMaster as Excel meets XMind. Sounds good? Well, this is what it is. MindMaster is a powerful mind map tool that has infinite features from various templates at hand, page styling, and endless customization choices. It has it all. Oh, and it equipped with a dark mode option. I think we have a winner here. Can't praise MindMaster enough. Best mind map tool on the market, hands down! I was working with the Free version and now I'm about to upgrade to the Pro edition. Outstanding job, guys! Keep it up and don't stop innovating.

Pros

- Endless customization - Various exporting options - Crisp and clean themes - Focus/Brainstorming mode - One-time payment

Cons

- Absence of exporting options for the Free version

SM

Saim M.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Best for Academic Collaboration and creating ideas and maps

In overall, I am very much happy with my purchase. There are so many possibilities to use MindMaster. For example if I am not using the function of the online collaboration then it is still excellent for me to draw my ideas and planning diagrams. Also useful to draw sphere of the keywords of my research area.

Pros

The reason I bought Edraw Mindmaster full licensed version is to use this mindmaster in developing ideas for collaborative research articles with collaborators around the world. For example, it allows me to share a unique link where the receiver can actively contribute to the diagram and add the complexities and possibilities of the contributions that he/she would make. Although, there are other platforms...

Cons

Of course, this is an advanced new method of collaboration where mindmaster can be used and thus require adaptive approach and willing to utilise excellent maps and resource diagram templates it offers.

AB

Amir B.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Has the poetential to be the # 1

They have good customer service, good interface but horrible syncing capabilities. If they ever fix this bug I'm willing to give them another chance until then I'll have to find some one else.

Pros

It had a lot of great options, from different formats of mindmaps. Themes were pleasing to look at. Good Customer service.

Cons

The personal cloud doesn't work well when you use multiple devices. Used the API integration with Google Drive and Dropbox. Spent hours on a project only to find out the next time I opened it nothing was saved. This happened multiple times.

TM

Terence M.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Great cross-platform mind mapping tool

Using MindMaster has made design and flow sessions go a lot smoother than previous solutions; it's also a lot easier to share and collaborate with others as well. We're using it for designing workflows and other project design features, tracking progress through projects and tracking meeting minutes as well, plus other things I'm likely forgetting at the moment.

Pros

This is a very easy to use mind mapping tool that's quite capable in regards to the different mind map layouts that are available and the visual customization options. We previously used different mind mapping software and we were able to jump into MindMaster with a minimum of fuss. One of the major selling points for us is cross platform (Windows, MacOS and Linux, Android and iOS) as well as having access via the Web to allow access even on machines with no direct install. The included cloud storage and collaboration makes working brainstorming, design sessions and meeting minutes easier to conduct as well.

Cons

Occasionally while using the web version of the application, the title bar of the application seems to get stuck on "Saving" as if it is trying and failing to save the file, but regardless of this the save is actually happening properly. In addition, although the app is cross platform it seems as though some versions of it are slightly out of sync with others; for example a file edited in the web version generates a warning about being a newer file format when loaded in Linux. Neither of these are show stoppers (things still work regardless), but they do showcase some areas where a little bit more polish would go a long way.

Chee Kwang T.

Printing, 10,001+ employees

Capturing Thoughts

I mind-map when studying the Bible. I started with using an induction method in my studies and find that I need to put my visuals down on paper, which I have been doing for a long time. Now I find myself using Mindmaster as a tool and a companion to both Microsoft Word and Olive Tree Study Bible software. I am almost getting that lifetime license soon.

Pros

I have used mind-mapping software since early 2018 and much much earlier still with hand-drawn maps on good old paper. I started back then with the more popular brand with a lot more reviews and higher ratings, which I was on annual subscription for. It worked well with that software and I learnt 3 things that are important for me - effectiveness of the tool and connecting lines. This is where Mindmaster...

Cons

Perhaps I am still on the trial version because the technical support although did auto reply to my query, had no follow up on the matter.

AG

Aniruddha G.

E-Learning, self-employed

Edraw MindMaster is a BIG BLESSING for my online course creation!

I am using it for my online Webinars to sell my online courses. I am using it to create my online courses I am using it to create my Online workbooks The experience is just Amazing ....

Pros

Pros: 1. I must say this is the easiest to use MindMap software I have ever used. 2. The colour, design, shapes are just charm to use. 3. I use it for my live Webinar to sell my online products 4. I use it for my weekly Mastermind groups online. 5. My students love the way each topic unfolds in front of them. 6. The cloud storage is so useful that I can access my MindMaps anytime from any device.

Cons

Haven't seen any Cons yet.... just loving it.

MF

MJ F.

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Edraw MindMaster

Pros

Edraw MindMaster is easy to use and I love it that they constantly improve the product. The learning curve is virtually zero. Although I use the paid version, the free version is great which means I can share the mindmaps widely. Best value for money! The Slideshow feature is great, helping to create quick slideshows with a push of a button!

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software. It will be great if one can import more file formats from other mindmapping software packages, but this is a minor feature.

MS

Menghan S.

Management Consulting, 501-1,000 employees

Better to have shortcut

I really like it. I use it for work, and also for some private creation activities. Actually at first I had some trouble with login by Gmail. I got response soon from your crew , and I had a very good experience on the after service.

Pros

I can export the mind map to excel and ppt, and can share with people who don’t use Mind Master. I can use Mind Master to create WBS easily. And I can open the files from all kinds of my devices.

Cons

It will be better if there are shortcut key to improve the efficiency.

AS

Alessio S.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Mind Mapping on every device

Explain concept, organize Lessons, meeting report.

Pros

The most important feature is the software is the availability on different platforms

Cons

I would like to a spreadsheet object or integration with Microsoft Excel

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great, usefull and unfair price

I can say that I was happy with the software until I needed to change my computer, I didn't find a way to move the software, my license was not recognized, so I suffered a significant downgrade . The sac denied my requests even after I explained all the situation

Pros

Quite easy to utilize, the interface is intuitive and there are a lot of useful resources and several exportation formats

Cons

The price and signature model, when you compare with other app or software the price sounds unfair. All office package is cheaper than this software, but let me be honest the majority of mind map software programs are expensive.

FB

Frederico B.

Public Safety, 10,001+ employees

The best Mind Mapping software i've used so far

MindMaster is a really awesome software. Lots of features, several customization possibilities and great templates to help out anyone starting with M.Maps. The slideshow features are REALLY great as well, outperforming any other similar I've used before. It can be used either for professional or personal mind mapping. Besides, it's really easy to migrate from other tools.

Pros

Great templates Lots of layouts (some of them I've never had seen before on any other M.M. tool) Several customization features Really nice Android App (I used on Tablet and Mobile too) All the essential tools well designed to get used to do mind mapping really quick Color palette really smart, easy to get your mind mapping colored Brainstorming tool is a great aid to fill up the map Great cliparts and symbols Can import other formats like XMind, MindManager and FreeMind

Cons

There is not much to say about cons in this software. I'd like to see a feature to export diagrams to XMind and Freemind, as some colleagues use these tools. It would be nice to import pictures from the Web directly as well.

SA

Senthil Anand S.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Best software to capture unstructured thoughts

Compared to the traditional approach, this tool helped us to adopt mind mapping concepts to document our solutions in a much more natural and innovative way. Thank you.

Pros

We were able to use this software to capture various functional and technical artifacts, ease of use from jr to sr level team members. The deliverables are well received and appreciated by my clients. It helped us to be successful. Love the predefined templates, ability to restructure with few clicks, helped capture production quality artifacts quickly, and maintain it with ease in the longer run. This tool helps to realize the mind mapping with ease compared to other products in the market. It helps to overcome divided attention and inattentional blindness issues. License cost is affordable as well.

Cons

There are good amount of templates, would like to see lot more. Support for structured templates would be nice. Export into Office format can be improved further.

SA

Simona A.

Computer Software, self-employed

Great cross-platform tool

Pros

Cross-platform, stand-alone and easy-to-use desktop application with an affordable license for individual users. Integrates with google docs, dropbox and Edraw cloud (for teams).

Cons

On linux with dark themes (e.g KDE with Breeze theme) most of the texts are not visible. Contacted support about it but it was not addressed until now.

JM

Jotta M.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

High Quality Software

I use MindMaster for many things: To organize structures of courses, books, curriculum, presentation and so on. I can insert all the info and content and have them altogether under my eyes. It saves me a lots of time and energy.

Pros

Honestly, this is the most gratifying investment I have done this year. MindMaster is practically complete. Plenty of util features. The feature I love most is the so many options to add info to the topics and subtopics. You don't need any external storage for files, articles, notes and etc. You can easily add clipart, pictures, summaries and so on. And about the slideshow creation? Simply amazing.

Cons

To be perfect, Edraw must solve a particular limitation of the software. Currently, the topics and subtopics are not freely movable around as other similar softwares. Also, the spacing between the topic groups is standard. There is no way to adjust the spacing as the user wants. That is all!

RF

Rick F.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Best and Friendliest Mind Mapping Software

Pros

The variety of the types of diagrams that can be so easily created make it easy to teach my students

Cons

I don't really know what I would add except in the future maybe some AI enhancements

DR

Daniel R.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, self-employed

The best

I've been using others before, but my experience was bad! Mind Master is easy, fast, and cheaper. I'm glad I found it.

Pros

It is very easy to use and faster than similar products.

Cons

I like everything, maybe it should add a few more view options, but that is ok so far.

CM

Charles M.

Computer & Network Security, 201-500 employees

Powerful tool for brainstorming and fleshing out ideas

My experience has been fantastic and I continue to expand my uses of the tool. Originally it was just for brainstorming, but recently I have used it for data visualization as well

Pros

The simplicity of using a tool with so much power. The learning curve is small and quite honestly only takes a few minutes.

Cons

Honestly, I wish it had more import capabilities. I would love it if I could feed it a simple JSON (leveraging their own dictionary/format) file rather than having to reverse engineer the file format for one of the few supported import filters

MI

Martin I.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, self-employed

Easy to use and beautiful results

Overall pretty nice product i have used it for a while, even free version. It does everything i need and i didnt feel i had to go out and find a new one after i tried this one. I would like to see a Lite version or some thing between pro and Free version, with a bit more options but at a better price probably a one time fee =)

Pros

Super easy to use and output a professionel looking result. I used it for own ideas and dealy routines, and small personal projects, and its super good for brainstorming and easy to use and get used to. It don't feel like it slowing you down in your workflow when brainstorming, and thats a good thing i feel many other mindmap softwares are hard to use, so using more time on just try to setup new bubbles...

Cons

Its a bit on the expensive site of things. It feel like its more aimed at proffesionel/companies use, i would like it had some cheap options for a discount price where you are not super limited but get acess to a bit more elements, without need a cloud service and all those other things pro offers.

EA

Elke A.

Human Resources, self-employed

MindMaster - Real alternative to other tools

MindMaster is a great brainstorming program in a concept phase. It's not free, but I think it's worth every penny. I prefer to use it as XMind. However, there is one point that annoys me a little. Once I logged in after registration, I would have expected that login to remain permanent. However, I had to find out that I have to register regularly to use all options. Maybe it is possible to change this?

Pros

a lot of optical design options and unusual graphics

Cons

I have to register regularly to use all options

Jakub N.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

A good choice for mind mapping

I was satisfied with EdrawMind. I stopped paying for the subscription because I didn't need it anymore. What a pity that my old maps are now useless.

Pros

I was looking for a versatile, easy-to-use tool for mind mapping. I found it in EdrawMind (formerly: Edraw MindMaster). It was worth paying the subscription.

Cons

I was a bit worried about what would happen to my mindmaps when I decide to change the software. I didn't want to be locked in the one system but, unfortunately, that was my case.

Anthony R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Best Mind Mapping Tool for Collaboration

Pros

For our company, the most important feature was the ability to work on a map collaboratively. We couldn't find any other software that allowed us to work in real-time. Also, having a desktop app version and an online version over the web was very useful as well. It fulfilled all our needs for mind mapping.

Cons

There was no difficulty with integrating it into our current workflow because it was all pretty self-explanatory. However, one of the improvements I would suggest would be to troubleshoot a lot of different scenarios for collaborative work. Sometimes something someone did wouldn't show up without refreshing the page and other times, the spacing of items would be off. But it still worked just fine.

AM

Arpad M.

Printing, 1-10 employees

Easy to use app for quick results

Using MindMaster is really easy and does not get in the way of working efficiently - either used for brainstorming or discussion of options, or overview of project proposals. There are many ways how it contributes to our team work and personal planning and ideation.

Pros

It was easy to learn the app and to create my maps easily from the get-go. Intuitive keyboard mapping makes for quick results without touching the mouse. Available themes are great and formatting is straightforward - everything with a click of the mouse.

Cons

Drag and drop sometimes works counterintuitively, and the content of some fields disappear when I start editing another field.

AP

Andrew P.

Computer & Network Security, self-employed

Finally, my search is over!

I have used many different mind mapping tools and Mond Master is by far the best I have used. I am very pleased.

Pros

I especially appreciate that Mind Master is cross platform. It is very intuitive and easy to use. The cloud storage is perfect for my needs.

Cons

Custom themes were a bit confusing at first, but it didn't take long to figure them out.

KM

Kuldip M.

Management Consulting, self-employed

Excellent program

Unlimited scope for creative minds. Serving the purpose. Strong tool for expressing the mind.I found it excellent. I am using in variety of purposes and Edraw MindMaster is making our task easy. Due to Edraw MindMaster's illustrations and freedom we are able to convey our mind more constructively. We use less words and more MindMaster. Due to Edraw MindMaster our mind has become more expressive.

Pros

Easy 2 use EYE-CATCHING illustrations.

Cons

Nothing. It has enough freedom to express mind.

AG

Andres G.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Powerful tool

Organization of legal problems and procedures

Pros

It has all the capacity of more expensive programmes. Helps organize ideas and factual issues. New capabilities discovered with every new use.

Cons

The mobile app still has some deficiencies on an ipad