Nomadesk Reviews

Nomadesk

Business file sharing & synchronization software

Nomadesk

Review Summary

4.1

Good piece of software!

Overall experience is really good. almost no problems. The only problem we have once in a while, is that we have opened one file with 2 persons. Then we get a notification about is, so it is solved quickly.

Pros

- Always up to date with files - 99,9% online - Local browsing really fast - Unlimited storage available.

Cons

Updates are done manually. Not automatically yet. That is sometimes a miss, when there are important updates available.

Secure file-sharing system

Pros

Easy enough to use shared-file system. Great for our small, somewhat geographically-scattered, research team that does lots of entering [and double-checking] data into very large data files for research studies more efficiently. It worked with all the Microsoft programs very well, and for the most part it worked with our SPSS (data-analysis software) files.

Cons

There were some aspects that didn't work for our team. Sometimes the program made our computers seem really slow. The saving and the syncing of files wasn't always on-point. Our team ended up using a different, less expensive, service that worked better for the file types and file sizes we often use.

My Favorite App

About a year ago, I was using Google Apps to collaborate and store large files that were too cumbersome to email. I hit many limitations...especially when it came to formatting in my Powerpoint presentations. Then I found out about Nomadesk. Nomadesk not only supports every application, so my formatting issues were gone, but it makes collaboration, synchronization, backup and storage easy and safe....

Pros

Eliminates my need to reconcile multiple versions of docs. Automatically backs up files, stores them locally & in the cloud. I can access files from my phone and any computer. FolderLink, FileLink, TheftGuard Unlimtd Storage Affordable Live S

Cons

Team members have ability to move, change files.

very good, but not as good as g suite

Pros

does most things people need. easy to use.

Cons

just not quite as good as g suite. g suite is a better value and has more features, in my humble opinion.

antiquated -- great for the year 2005-2010

Pros

it works -- very very reliably! very functional with both desktop and online client... it just works.

Cons

it's not dropbox or box which are best in class. everything is slow and clunky. it's got a desktop login thing that you have to use and the online client is really slow. mobile access is also really clunky. i don't know how to explain it better than that. just...clunky.

This reviewer only left a rating