ComputerEase Cloud Reviews

Pros

We were also very pleased with the price and ease of implementation. The implementation specialist was very helpful and we implemented on our schedule and at the agreed budget.

Jeffrey K.

Jill C.

Training and resources through our reseller, Microvisions, has been fantastic. They are very knowledgeable about ComputerEase and have excellent representatives and quick response times.

Allen D.

Elizabeth R.

To do pay applications was hard. It had so many things that just didn't apply to our business and it was hard.

Colleen M.

Duplicate work and most errors have been eliminated.

lesley h.

Meets all our needs

We have been using ComputerEase since December of 2014. I am the Accounting Manager. I was on the selection committee that chose ComputerEase. We have two companies, construction and service. We wanted one software platform that could handle the needs of both companies and have capabilities for growth. I oversaw the installation and implementation of the software and I am the software administrator. ComputerEase handles our project management, service management, and all our accounting needs.

Pros

The reporting function is phenomenal - between the canned reports, user reports, QTool and ODBC capabilities, most all reporting needs are met. If not, for a nominal fee, ComputerEase will create a custom report that is seamlessly added to the software. Though we don’t frequently need them, customer support is always very responsive, and all issues are quickly resolved. If the software does not have a function or feature that we need, we can make a request for it to be added to a future update. If it is something that can not be added to an update, ComputerEase will offer suggestions for work arounds, alternative methods or examples of how their other clients accomplish similar tasks.

Cons

ComputerEase provides updates to the software frequently, usually once a month. We self-host ComputerEase. The issue is that all users must be logged out of the software to install the update. Unfortunately, all our users do not log out. This causes delays and limits the times that I can do the updates. However, this is not a ComputerEase issue and is internal to our company. If we go to a ComputerEase cloud hosted environment this would not be an issue as updates are automatic.

Hi Donna, your review blew us away. A Thank You doesn’t truly express how we feel. Treating our customers as if they are family is important to us and our values here at ComputerEase. Your review lets us know that we are staying true to those values with our customers. We appreciated all your honesty. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to improve our software for you and your company. Yours sincerely, Donna, ComputerEase Representative.

ComputerEase is a great construction software to build on.

ComputerEase is a robust system with a lot of flexibility, great tools and reports, and a reliable platform to run a construction company on.

Pros

The respective Centers allow a central place to go and get great information and allow easy navigation to reports and other job/maintenance functions. ComputerEase allows a lot of flexibility so it can be set up to best meet your needs. They have many modules, including standard GL, A/P, A/R, Payroll and Job Costing, but also CRM, Service Management, Document Management, Subcontract, FieldEase, etc....

Cons

There is so much there to learn and what ComputerEase can do, it can be overwhelming. This is overcome with experience and training, but it can be daunting at first.

Hi Allen, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. It's only when we receive such positive feedback, do we rest knowing that we have done our jobs well. ComputerEase was designed with the construction contractors in mind. Knowing that no two contractors have the same needs, we realized we needed to provide flexibility and functionality within the software. So, hearing that ComputerEase is a robust system with a lot of flexibility tells us that we have accomplished just that. If you ever need anything else do not hesitate to reach out! Sincerely, Donna, ComputerEase Representative

Does the basics, but is clunky to use and has terrible presentation.

It seemed to have worked well for our company when we were a small GC, but now that we have grown to +$100M annually with multiple offices, it is struggling to meet the needs of the project managers.

Pros

Does the basics of what a small construction company would need. Is flexible in certain ways, like setting up job cost codes. Prints to AIA billing forms.

Cons

Costumer support is terrible. Templates are sloppy and unprofessional and clunky to use, so all need to be recreated by the company using them. Answer to one of my questions about generation of a purchase agreement was "there is a glitch in the system that requires text in a form field to generate the document" The text in that form field does not carry through to the PA itself... so we just need to type "x" and it will work. Report read outs look like they are from the 1980's.

Does it all

Pros

ComputerEase provides all the reports that the owner needs and much more for running his business. Also, I am able to provide our accountant with any reports he requests. ComputerEase made it possible for our accountant to interact with our program by providing software and tech support to our accounting firm. Tech support is amazing! They have always been able to solve my problems and answer my questions without hesitation. They really know their product. Also, they all appear to have more than just basic bookkeeping knowledge which really helps when I don't understand something.

Cons

1-There is no way to search for a number, dollar amount, etc. Sometimes, you just don't have any more info than a dollar amount or number (invoice, check #, etc). 2-I don't care for the way credit card purchases are handled. You enter each transaction as an invoice and pay it with the credit card "account". I think our old software had a better way of entering, paying and tracking credit card transactions and statements.

Hi Rosemarie, thanks for taking the time to share your opinion on our Customer Support. We take pride in giving outstanding customer service to every customer and we're overjoyed to receive your compliments and appreciation. It lets us know that we are accomplishing our core value here at ComputerEase. We have addressed your other comments on searching capabilities and how credit card purchases are handled, and we have sent this to our development team. We strive to make every user’s experience with ComputerEase as easy and streamlined as possible. With appreciation, Donna, ComputerEase Representative

Excellent Product, More than excellent support, excellent accountability and tracking.

Pros

The "transparency" of the data; the ability to have "drill-down" reports for the data displayed. Great "paper trails" to help analyze and understand just exactly where the data came from that is used in the reports. There are no limits to this software. The only limits on this product will be from the end user, not the product. Also, if you require a custom report the good people at ComputerEase can create it for you. ComputerEase support is unequaled; it is provided with a simple phone call or through the software itself with a direct link to their Customer Corner where you can go online and research yourself or request support.

Cons

I have been using this product since 2008; I do not have any "cons". As I've stated above the only limit will be on the inability of the user to know what they want and why/how to get it.

Hi Beverly, thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us such a positive review and for being a long-time user of ComputerEase. Most people don't bother to leave reviews about positive experiences unincentivized, and that's what makes us truly grateful. It’s customers like you that make our day! We will strive to deliver great experiences consistently. Let us know if there is anyone else that would benefit from using ComputerEase. Thank you again, Donna, ComputerEase Representative

Very mature software product!

We have been on this system for about 7 years or more now and are VERY happy with it.

Pros

This is TRULY a fully integrated product that combines Project Management, Submittals, Accounting and Change Orders. Very user friendly with a very well thought out Graphical User Interface. My wife and I are both Engineers with my wife being a Master Degreed Software Engineer. We studied many products and settled on Computerease. We are extremely happy with our decision and I believe the product is very scaleable and will meet all of our demands as our company grows.

Cons

Scheduling tool is weak. We just use MS Project instead. The product does offer a scheduling module but it is not robust. Also, certain fields are limited to 10 characters which is very cumbersome when naming job names and customer names.

One system does everything!

Pros

How the accounting and project management systems integrate with each other is key. Love the payroll system. This is my first time using it and it is awesome. The subcontract module is a great tool and very easy to use. Overall, it is good program for GC's.

Cons

No direct export to Excel. Qtools is mediocre at best. It is so cumbersome to use. I have used CE for close to 10 years now. I've recently completed my third system implementation from Quickbooks. Onsite training is so much better than online but entirely too pricey. With regards to training sessions, the amount of time it takes to get one scheduled is way too long. I also feel that at the end of the session, one should be able to accomplish what they were being trained to do.

User friendly

Pros

The customer support is amazing, they will walk you through any issue you have.

Cons

Some parts seem a little outdated (the overall design) but updates are taking care of that.

Poor at Best

None, currently shopping for new software

Pros

There are no pluses for this software, many other better choices on the market

Cons

Not user friendly, does not work with any other programs, will not live 2 way integrate with other software packages

Brilliant! Accounting Software especially for Builders - just what was needed

this one is a definite stand out. Great customer support, great documentation and a freephone number. What more could you like?

Pros

This is just a snapshot of the list of features and each one of these were a definite pro for us - to have all of them in the one package really ramped up our ability to save time and make money. No one likes doing "paperwork" but to be able to use ComputerEase and have it all in the cloud and easily accessable was a dream come true for the company I advised to use this. They are very happy with it, and so am I. Construction Accounting Project Management Job Costing Payroll Administration Purchasing Management Inventory Management Contractor Management Customer Relationship Management Service Management

A step up from QuickBooks

Pros

Hands down, the support is what I like best. They respond almost immediately and are very friendly. I also appreciate that the company is small enough that they accept recommendations for improvements and sometimes you see implementation as quickly as the next update. I feel it's an easy program to navigate and learn - far more so than some of the competitors I reviewed. However, some of my less technologically...

Cons

The reporting is not as robust as QuickBooks, and I really miss the ability to create just about any report imaginable. I also don't like that you sometimes have to go to multiple screens to get all the information related to a single transaction. Unlike QuickBooks, you can't drill down in every report - only certain ones have links. Some reports that you think should be standard are not and some cannot even be created without paying extra. If I could change one thing, the ability to drill down and customize reports like QuickBooks would be it.

This reviewer only left a rating

Wow. When I last posted about using ComputerEase, we were lost. Our support team was non existent. I got a call from the Corporate office that quickly set us up with a new support group. They got us on the right track, helped us with issues we were having in payroll, mainly certified payroll settings. As anyone that has to complete certified payroll reports knows, they can be a nightmare. We are on...

Straightforward

Pros

the product is windows based and is easy to navigate around in. The price is very reasonable. The product design allows for flexibility when customizing it around ones organization.

Cons

While easily navigable and flexible, there are some advanced project management functions that computerEase doesn't easily allow, if at all.

Hi Dennis, thank you for giving us your honest opinion about ComputerEase. Since we are a small company, most of our customers are referred to us by our existing customers. Since the construction industry can be so diverse it great to hear from you that ComputerEase allows for flexibility. We hope that you continue to remain a loyal customer with us here at ComputerEase and if you every have any questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks Donna, ComputerEase Representative

User friendly and never have a problem with it. Customer Support is 100% if an issue

LOVE THIS SOFTWARE!!!! So user friendly! Perfect for our profession and business.

Pros

Everything!! It is so user friendly. There are never any issues. We like the Q Tools where we can make up our reports. The software has the perfect reports already in the reports section through too. LOVE that it imports into EXCEL and Emails directly from Computer Ease.

Cons

No spell check in description of the invoices :) This is pretty much the only think I can think of.

Hi Allison, we are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. Our company values put customer satisfaction as a top priority and we are committed to our customers. It's customers like you that make our job wonderful. We look forward to serving you again. Sincerely, Taylor from Customer Support.

Overall, very pleased to be using CE as our accounting software solution.

I had researched and implemented CE many years ago, when I was working in the commercial construction industry. When my current company (an industrial construction company) had the opportunity to use a different accounting solution, I recommended CE. I was very glad we made the switch and the recommendation was taken.

Pros

Very intuitive interface. Workflows are great for frequent operations. Good module interface between modules. Relatively easy to train others to use.

Cons

Some inflexibility when comes to the equipment module. Does not let us easily input our equipment use the way we use equipment. Would like equipment functionality in FieldEase.

Hi Mark, we are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. To hear that you recommended ComputerEase to your new company from the researched you did years ago speaks volume. Please reach out to us with any suggestions or questions you may have. Thanks again, Donna, ComputerEase Representative

Good program Good Support

I like the software however it would be better if there was a way to delete instead of just making accounts inactive.

Pros

I like the search features, the maintenance features and all the reports that are available. I also enjoy the customer support that is available.

Cons

I think it is too industry specific, and the accounting features could be more user friendly. Also a feature allowing the reprint of a paystub on plain paper would be handy

Hi Randy, thanks for taking the time to share your opinion on the maintenance features and reports in ComputerEase, as well as, our customer support. We take pride in giving outstanding customer service to every customer and we're overjoyed to receive your compliments. Our hope it to show our customers how important they are to us. Your review tells us that we are succeeding in this goal. Do not hesitate to contact us with your ideas for improvements to our software. Yours sincerely, Donna, ComputerEase Representative

Simple and Affordable

Pros

The ease of the process from purchasing to setup to use. This software offers a solution to having all your information in one place. From HR to Accounting this is the easiest way to keep track of your business. The variety of reports allows you to produce information to meet preferred formats for coworkers. Customer support responds in a timely, courteous fashion and always works with you to resolve any issues or suggestions to assist your company to be the best it can be. The continual updates to the software insure that your information remains current for the industry to allow you to focus on growing your business. Call and talk to someone about how ComputerEase can make things simple for you, you will not be disappointed.

Cons

The only thing I can say is a "con" to this software was getting the Project Managers to stop using multiple programs and start using ComputerEase. Once they saw how easy it was to use and the information that was available to them, they were on board with the software.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a roofing contractor providing roof replacement and repair services, siding, gutter, masonry, chimney restoration, metal fabrication, windows, doors, and OTC supply sales. We serve both residential and commercial customers. Prior to using ComputerEase, we utilized three separate programs to operate our business: QuickBooks for our accounting, a custom software program called ScanTerm for...

This reviewer only left a rating

I am the Accounting Manager for Randall Mechanical, and all of the Randall companies. These companies include HVAC, sheet metal fabrication, plumbing and tilt-wall concrete construction companies among other enterprises. We had been using a UNIX/DOS operating system for accounting and job costing for many years. This system was labor intensive, and very limited in functionality. I had used ComputerEase...

This reviewer only left a rating

I am the Vice President and CFO of Stallion Builders LLC. Stallion is a General Contractor -we self-perform 80% of our projects involving HVAC, building Renovation and New Building Construction. Our client base includes: New Hampshire DOT, Massachusetts DOT, U. S. Air Force, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, Private Sector Commercial Build-outs and various municipalities throughout New England. Each...

Ah-ma-zing

I have been using this software since 2000. It is amazing. I've also used Quickbooks, Sage, Peachtree. They all have nothing on ComputerEase. I'm trying to convince my new employer to take a look at it as I know it will work for him way better than Quickbooks. Change is scary sometimes. ComputerEase may look intimidating in the beginning, but give yourself time to get to know it and you'll never stray.

Pros

Payroll, Project Management, Inventory - all of it. Of all the accounting programs I've tried, this one is the one I will stick with.

Cons

Nothing yet. Sometimes it can be a little difficult for people within your company to accept change, but it's not hard to use.

Great Construction Software - Lacking HR component however

This software would be complete if it contained the HRIS component.

Pros

Job set up, tracking, tax reports, AP & AR systems ease of use, GL accounting system, contract/subcontract/p.o. templates and ease of payroll.

Cons

Lacking the HRIS component - Had to purchase a separate HRIS (Human Resource Information System) through BambooHR that our employees could log into to track their time off, for benefit enrollment and tracking and for supervisors/foreman to perform performance evaluations and post job openings.

Great Product

This product gives you several ways to set up and track work items. Some jobs you want more detail and others not so much. You choose by job what info you want to track. It is great for small companies as you don't have to use all the features to get the info you want. You choose which modules you want and only pay for those and not others you don't need.

Pros

Practice company makes it easy to see if a journal entry etc. affects accounts as you thought it would do without changing anything in the live company.

Decent product

Pros

This product allows you to house and report on a lot of important information pertaining to payroll and human resources.

Cons

It can be difficult to find the information you are looking for. Would be nice to have a tutorial or manual housed in the product.

Hi Shannon, thank you for writing a review on Software Advice. To hear that ComputerEase helps to allow you and your company to keep payroll and human resources in house is great. This was one of the aspects that we wanted to accomplish with our software. We hope that you will continue to be a valued customer. Please feel free in reaching out to us with any questions. Thanks again, Donna, ComputerEase Representative

Accounting starts to be simple and easy

Pros

Very simple software, but very powerful and covers all major and minor needs of construction accounting, it help in reducing lot of expenses.

Cons

Some fine tuning will be great to cover Projects variable items and details, overall more than great Software

Hi Mazen, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We are glad to hear that ComputerEase has made accounting for you and your company easier. We believe that an accounting software should be easy and functional. Your review tells us that we have accomplished just that. If you have any suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you, Donna, ComputerEase Representative