ComputerEase Reviews

Donna Bowman

Meets all our needs

Reviewed 2018-08-09
Review Source: Software Advice

We have been using ComputerEase since December of 2014. I am the Accounting Manager. I was on the selection committee that chose ComputerEase. We have two companies, construction and service. We wanted one software platform that could handle the needs of both companies and have capabilities for growth. I oversaw the installation and implementation of the software and I am the software administrator. ComputerEase handles our project management, service management, and all our accounting needs.

Allen Dunford

ComputerEase is a great construction software to build on.

Reviewed 2017-09-28
Review Source: Software Advice

ComputerEase is a robust system with a lot of flexibility, great tools and reports, and a reliable platform to run a construction company on.

Rosemarie Watson

Does it all

Reviewed 2018-04-20
Review Source: Software Advice

ComputerEase provides all the reports that the owner needs and much more for running his business. Also, I am able to provide our accountant with any reports he requests. ComputerEase made it possible for our accountant to interact with our program by providing software and tech support to our accounting firm. Tech support is amazing! They have always been able to solve my problems and answer my questions without hesitation. They really know their product. Also, they all appear to have more than just basic bookkeeping knowledge which really helps when I don't understand something.

Kellie Ferry

A step up from QuickBooks

Reviewed 2015-01-06
Review Source: Software Advice

Hands down, the support is what I like best. They respond almost immediately and are very friendly. I also appreciate that the company is small enough that they accept recommendations for improvements and sometimes you see implementation as quickly as the next update. I feel it's an easy program to navigate and learn - far more so than some of the competitors I reviewed. However, some of my less technologically experienced co-workers have found it challenging. Honestly, I think that's a reflection of their limited exposure, not the program. I like (and sometimes dislike) that it is far more secure than QB - people can't change posted transactions willy-nilly! The password maintenance is excellent and people only see what they have access to. Sometimes it's tricky because you think you're giving permissions to do something but you haven't checked another box that prevents it but, all-in-all, it's slick. The job costing feature is far superior to QB - no comparison. We haven't completed implementation of the Service Management module and are not using FieldEase to the full extent possible but I'm looking forward to exploring the possibilities. Being able to import time from the field has been a huge time-saver. The field employees grumbled at first and still do sometimes but not only has it saved time, it's improved accuracy. No more trying to decipher chicken scratch!

Jerri Scott

Reviewed 2012-10-31
Review Source: Software Advice

Wow. When I last posted about using ComputerEase, we were lost. Our support team was non existent. I got a call from the Corporate office that quickly set us up with a new support group. They got us on the right track, helped us with issues we were having in payroll, mainly certified payroll settings. As anyone that has to complete certified payroll reports knows, they can be a nightmare. We are on the right track now. Corporate has been a lifesaver. We can email, call and they have an answer to our questions.. As with any new program, you need a great support team to help you with the transition from one program to another. We still have some things to work out, but with our new support team it will be completed correctly. Thank you Peggy and Lesley. And all that have helped with correctly setting up Computerease. **UPDATE** We are a Georgia based utility contractor. Our company has been using Computerease since 2008. Previously we wer using QuickBooks Pro for Construction. . The program was purchased prior to the current office staff that is now in place. They used it for a few months, then went back to QuickBooks. When the new staff took over in May 2007, the decision was made to use Computerease starting the beginning of 2008. I have to say, I do not find the program user friendly. It does not seem that one module talks to the other. The updates other than federal tax updates, really don't apply to Georgia. The appear to be more geared to the northern states. We make suggestions to our "Suppor team", and I use that word for the lack of another term , but nothing is ever done. Especially the accounting and payroll portion. We work on federally funded projects that require certified payroll reports. Each job, pay rates and fringes are different. We ask about setting up the union portion of the payroll to ensure payrates and fringes were correct. We were told not to use that section. If an employee works on a certified payroll jobsite and one that is not, the fringe is split between the two jobs so it appears on the report that we are not paying the correct fringe. We have to send copies of employee paychecks with the reports to show that the correct fringe was paid. Sorry, but, I am not only dissappointed with the product, but our support is basically non-existent. We call support and sometimes they call back. We called yesterday for example, and as of 3:52 this afternoon, have not received a return call. I emailed them twice last week, and although the messages were received and read, we never hear from support.

Beverly Goebel

Excellent Product, More than excellent support, excellent accountability and tracking.

Reviewed 2017-09-26
Review Source: Software Advice

The "transparency" of the data; the ability to have "drill-down" reports for the data displayed. Great "paper trails" to help analyze and understand just exactly where the data came from that is used in the reports. There are no limits to this software. The only limits on this product will be from the end user, not the product. Also, if you require a custom report the good people at ComputerEase can create it for you. ComputerEase support is unequaled; it is provided with a simple phone call or through the software itself with a direct link to their Customer Corner where you can go online and research yourself or request support.

Thomas Brandon

Very mature software product!

Reviewed 2017-03-09
Review Source: Software Advice

We have been on this system for about 7 years or more now and are VERY happy with it.

Jill Cone

One system does everything!

Reviewed 2018-04-17
Review Source: Software Advice

How the accounting and project management systems integrate with each other is key. Love the payroll system. This is my first time using it and it is awesome. The subcontract module is a great tool and very easy to use. Overall, it is good program for GC's.

Dennis Hamlet

Straightforward

Reviewed 2017-10-12
Review Source: Software Advice

the product is windows based and is easy to navigate around in. The price is very reasonable. The product design allows for flexibility when customizing it around ones organization.

Allison Corrigan

User friendly and never have a problem with it. Customer Support is 100% if an issue

Reviewed 2018-04-09
Review Source: Software Advice

LOVE THIS SOFTWARE!!!! So user friendly! Perfect for our profession and business.

Mark Brocato

Overall, very pleased to be using CE as our accounting software solution.

Reviewed 2018-01-17
Review Source: Software Advice

I had researched and implemented CE many years ago, when I was working in the commercial construction industry. When my current company (an industrial construction company) had the opportunity to use a different accounting solution, I recommended CE. I was very glad we made the switch and the recommendation was taken.

Randy Jenkins

Good program Good Support

Reviewed 2018-01-16
Review Source: Software Advice

I like the software however it would be better if there was a way to delete instead of just making accounts inactive.

Martha Gill

Simple and Affordable

Reviewed 2017-03-06
Review Source: Software Advice

The ease of the process from purchasing to setup to use. This software offers a solution to having all your information in one place. From HR to Accounting this is the easiest way to keep track of your business. The variety of reports allows you to produce information to meet preferred formats for coworkers. Customer support responds in a timely, courteous fashion and always works with you to resolve any issues or suggestions to assist your company to be the best it can be. The continual updates to the software insure that your information remains current for the industry to allow you to focus on growing your business. Call and talk to someone about how ComputerEase can make things simple for you, you will not be disappointed.

Ryan Heffelfinger

Reviewed 2012-09-05
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a roofing contractor providing roof replacement and repair services, siding, gutter, masonry, chimney restoration, metal fabrication, windows, doors, and OTC supply sales. We serve both residential and commercial customers. Prior to using ComputerEase, we utilized three separate programs to operate our business: QuickBooks for our accounting, a custom software program called ScanTerm for our job processing, job costing, inventory, and an outside payroll service provider. With these three programs there was a lot of double entry and redundancies occurring so we decided to make a change, which is not an easy thing to do. ComputerEase was selected when the other programs we looked at seemed to be good but just weren't the right fit for us. We installed ComputerEase in March of 2012 and went live on July 1st 2012. We had four months of training and practicing with the software which helped a lot. ComputerEase is pretty comprehensive and there's a lot to learn. The program is very easy to navigate but it takes sometime until you know where certain things are under each menu. ComputerEase really does all your accounting for you as you process your daily work. The downfall is that we found ourselves entering more info or taking more steps then we were use to in our old system because the accounting system was not integrated. It created a little extra work for us, but it will eventually help save us on CPA fees. Having everything integrated is the key for us. It really helps us get a better picture of our business overall instead of waiting until the end of the year to see how we did. We have a pretty unique business here but ComputerEase seems to be able to handle it all for us. One thing I will say is that their support and training is outstanding. All training is done over the web, at a time that's convenient for you. Also if you have any questions you can email or call your support person and they make it a point to get back to you as soon as they can.

Donna Roberts

Reviewed 2012-10-15
Review Source: Software Advice

I am the Accounting Manager for Randall Mechanical, and all of the Randall companies. These companies include HVAC, sheet metal fabrication, plumbing and tilt-wall concrete construction companies among other enterprises. We had been using a UNIX/DOS operating system for accounting and job costing for many years. This system was labor intensive, and very limited in functionality. I had used ComputerEase a few years earlier, when I worked for an electrical contractor. So one day, when I could no longer tolerate this backward UNIX system, I called ComputerEase to see if it would be a good fit for Randall. They put me through to John Meibers, the President of ComputerEase. John began giving demonstrations to our key personnel in each division of our operation - A/P, A/R, payroll, purchasing, etc. He answered every question and showed us that ComputerEase could handle every aspect of our businesses, better and more efficiently than the old system. When the Owner saw that we could have a far better system for the same price as we pay for our old system, there was no reason to say no. We went live on July 1, 2012 and every person that works in the system has expressed appreciation for ComputerEase. Everyone has been impressed with the new system and how much more they can get out of the system. With the old system, we felt like we were working for the system. Now the system works for us. The people at ComputerEase are all so helpful and great to work with, especially Maribel Scarnecchia, our Trainer. Her endless patience has been instrumental in our transition to ComputerEase. Maribel guided us every step of the way with moving open A/P and A/R and payroll, etc. which resulted in a smooth transition. I have worked with several accounting/job costing systems in the past. ComputerEase is by far the most user-friendly, construction-based, intuitive, complete software I've ever used. We look forward to a long and happy working relationship with ComputerEase.

Michael Berlan

Reviewed 2013-04-10
Review Source: Software Advice

I am the Vice President and CFO of Stallion Builders LLC. Stallion is a General Contractor -we self-perform 80% of our projects involving HVAC, building Renovation and New Building Construction. Our client base includes: New Hampshire DOT, Massachusetts DOT, U. S. Air Force, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, Private Sector Commercial Build-outs and various municipalities throughout New England. Each of these Government and State Agencies individually require many different forms and reports from Certified Payroll Reports to Contract and Change Order Management. The ComputerEase Software functions and form design capabilities allow us to easily comply with all of the reporting requirements for each agency. I have over 25 years experience in the construction industry, and have worked with many Construction Job Cost, Project Management and Accounting Programs and have found the ComputerEase Software and Support System to be the best of all that I have used. John Meibers, the President, was very hands-on throughout the introduction and answered every question and showed us that ComputerEase could handle every aspect of our business better and more efficiently than the other Construction Software Programs we were considering. We went live on November 1, 2012 and the transition of the accounting and job cost data to ComputerEase was smooth and painless. We use all that ComputerEase has to offer including FieldEase, payroll & tax service and ProEst Estimating. Our trainer, Bill Hutchison was and continues to be the reason for our success in leaning and using all that ComputerEase has to offer. Integration of Accounting, Job Cost, Project Management and Estimating provides a snap shot of our business position at any moment in time. Keeping your finger on the pulse of your business is the key to success; ComputerEase puts your finger on that pulse! We look forward to a long working relationship with the team at ComputerEase.

Laura Pearsall

Ah-ma-zing

Reviewed 2017-06-07
Review Source: Software Advice

I have been using this software since 2000. It is amazing. I've also used Quickbooks, Sage, Peachtree. They all have nothing on ComputerEase. I'm trying to convince my new employer to take a look at it as I know it will work for him way better than Quickbooks. Change is scary sometimes. ComputerEase may look intimidating in the beginning, but give yourself time to get to know it and you'll never stray.

Beth Thompson

Great Construction Software - Lacking HR component however

Reviewed 2017-03-20
Review Source: Software Advice

This software would be complete if it contained the HRIS component.

Amy Frebis

Great Product

Reviewed 2017-03-27
Review Source: Software Advice

This product gives you several ways to set up and track work items. Some jobs you want more detail and others not so much. You choose by job what info you want to track. It is great for small companies as you don't have to use all the features to get the info you want. You choose which modules you want and only pay for those and not others you don't need.

Shannon Yates

Decent product

Reviewed 2017-12-05
Review Source: Software Advice

This product allows you to house and report on a lot of important information pertaining to payroll and human resources.

Mazen Zahra

Accounting starts to be simple and easy

Reviewed 2018-05-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Very simple software, but very powerful and covers all major and minor needs of construction accounting, it help in reducing lot of expenses.

Todd Cobin

Reviewed 2012-10-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Southern Energy Management went live with ComputerEase in August of 2011. The growth of our business coupled with the absence of true job costing with our previous software prompted moving to ComputerEase. The software continues to deliver as advertised. Job costing, payroll management, sub contractor management, FieldEase data entry, etc... Each module has integrated well with the business processes at Southern Energy Management. Training and support is outstanding, the company continues to put out monthly updates and is constantly seeking user enhancements. We've seen productivity gains largely in Accounting - Payroll processing has gone from 2 days to several hours. In other areas of the company where we've been able to move from spreadsheets and double entry to an integrated system (Excel time sheets are gone, inventory is no longer a manual process, project managers can evaluate jobs on the fly!) Perhaps the most impressive has been the wealth of information we've been able to mine from ComputerEase. Standard reports abound, but the level of customized reporting thru XML templates, ODBC (thru both MS Access and MS Excel that we have used), and CE's own programming team really shines. This is above and beyond the options we had with previous accounting software and is something I would encourage anyone to explore. Our business is complex, and ComputerEase has managed to provide tools for everything from inspection jobs that may last 2 hours and involve 1 invoice to multi-million dollar yearlong jobs requiring AIA invoicing. The ComputerEase team is available, responsive, personable, knowledgeable and more than capable in assisting the management of their technology with our processes.

Denise Reeb

Great software for a great price.

Reviewed 2016-05-24
Review Source: Software Advice

ComputerEase is distributed and served by Target Systems in our region. Our rep was with us from implementation, and throughout our use. She knew the software inside and out and was always easy to contact and very helpful. The software itself was intuitive, easy to use, and had all the features we needed as a medium-sized insulation company. It was very useful with our union, even with several locals. I was pleasantly surprised at how much we liked using ComputerEase, as it was not at all expensive. I definitely recommend this for a small to medium-sized construction company.

Stacy Webre

Great software choice!

Reviewed 2017-04-28
Review Source: Software Advice

ComputerEase is extremely flexible and can be built to run just about any type of business. We use it for construction, engineering, controls and manufacturing. It is extremely trustworthy and will produce exactly what is needed. From both the job management and cost accounting, ComputerEase has proved to be exactly what we needed. I have no regrets moving to this software.

Sheri Lybarger

ComputerEase Construction Software

Reviewed 2016-03-30
Review Source: Software Advice

ComputerEase is easy to use and very intuitive. Offers numerous management, budgeting, costing tools & reports for tracking your production process from start to finish. Control Centers for Jobs and the other modules offer great charting and one stop viewing of all facets of a project.

Heidi McGraw

Valuable

Reviewed 2017-12-12
Review Source: Software Advice

This software had made our construction business much more profitable because we have the tools to review all aspects of our building process.

Carmen Vardis

Reviewed 2012-04-19
Review Source: Software Advice

We are Commercial General Contractor specializing in building hotels, shopping plazas, etc. but we are diverse in the entire commercial business. We are a Ceco metal building distributor as well. We were seeking a more cost effective, user friendly software that will be strong in job costing reports and have the similar capabilities that Sage Timberline Office offered. We previously used Sage Timberling Office. We are currently operating 9.0 version and it was purchased in June 2011. It took a couple of weeks to start getting familiar, but we were up and running in a week. The ComputerEase staff were very helpful and patient. The project managers have not utilized the software to it's full capacity, however, once they do it will be wonderful. The software is great and so easy to use. I give customer support a 2 star, simply because you have to place a call and wait for someone to become available to phone you back. I am use to speaking and resolving issue with inital call in. However, when I get the call back the support is awesome. We always get the issue resolved or question answered in a timely manner. Not to mention the webinars are very useful and I love them! I feel the software is an asset to our company because it is very affordable, user friendly, great at tracking job costs, and an all around wonderful software. The reports that we are able to produce are amazing from tax reporting, payroll, accounts payable/receiveable, cost control, and document control. The software has saved our company time and money. We love it!

Susan Kuzmic

Very thorough software

Reviewed 2017-10-03

Accounting information

Bryan Ramos

Review From an Analyst

Reviewed 2018-10-29

What is most useful to me as an analyst is the Qtools software that comes with ComputerEase. My job involves alot of report making and Qtools is useful for quickly pulling information out of the system.

Jeremy McDonald

This fulfills all of our accounting needs.

Reviewed 2018-05-16
Review Source: Software Advice

This program works as described. It takes a good deal of set up time but that's to be expected. Overall a great product.

Sam Park

Works from anywhere

Reviewed 2019-09-12

I enjoy expense ease more than our last software which was sage. I like being able to use the software when not in the office.

Lyndon Lualhati

ComputerEase saves the day

Reviewed 2018-09-23
Review Source: Software Advice

It really works well in small scale company, but like us it has a struggling the need of project manager.

Priscilla Reese

We use it primarily because we job cost 95% of our employees.

Reviewed 2017-10-13
Review Source: Software Advice

Easy for job costing our employees. Great customer service. Really easy for certified payroll because we can pay more than one pay rate per check.

Natasha Schamens

Computer Ease

Reviewed 2018-05-31
Review Source: Software Advice

Computer Ease is a phenomenal tool for any business. It is so customizable that it works for your needs. We use it for everything from inventory to tracking a job and where it was at in the process.

David Dyrbye

Fairly easy to learn the basic accounting processes.

Reviewed 2018-04-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Your staff has been very helpful in working with us to resolve various user issues.

Jean Meisner

Great Construction Accounting Software

Reviewed 2019-08-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Is a great system to track all of your cost for each project

Elizabeth Robison

Does the basics, but is clunky to use and has terrible presentation.

Reviewed 2017-09-14
Review Source: Software Advice

It seemed to have worked well for our company when we were a small GC, but now that we have grown to +$100M annually with multiple offices, it is struggling to meet the needs of the project managers.

Cristy Schimmoller

I have been using ComputerEase for 7 years on a daily basis.

Reviewed 2016-03-30
Review Source: Software Advice

1. Integration of accounting, purchasing and project management; 2. Ability to promote a "paperless" office; 3. Ability to merge into Microsoft Office products; 4. very responsive to user recommendations

Danielle Carrington

Great Software

Reviewed 2018-10-04

I would use it again very soon

Boris Lopez

Great software for small sized electrical contracting company

Reviewed 2018-10-04
Review Source: Software Advice

The ease of use and the correlation of all the information into one software. The accounting process is easy to use.

Bre Leiva

I think computer ease is one of the easiest accounting programs I have ever used

Reviewed 2018-06-08

Accounting program that makes your life easier, hence, you have more time to execute other parts of your job description!

LouAnne Jameson

Ease of Use!

Reviewed 2017-03-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Computer Ease helps me keep track of the many facets of our construction company. The customer support is fantastic and very timely with their help.

Jessica Fix

Reviewed 2013-04-10
Review Source: Software Advice

We are an excavation company who has expanded into many different divisions such as pipelining, clearning and grubbing, earthwork, utility, erosion and sedimentation, boring, rental, trucking, and mechanics. Before using ComputerEase, we were using Quickbooks. ComputerEase gives us a better idea of how each division is doing money wise; which division is costing us money and which is making the money. We used to have to create several spreadsheets on Excel, and now we have eliminated many of those. Learning how to use the software was a little difficult because it was different than Quickbooks, but thats with anything new. Their support system is quick to return phone calls that are put in for support questions. We also started using the payroll module with ComputerEase and are having ComputerEase file our taxes for us. We were entering payroll several times since we use to use ADP for our outside payroll company. All that is done now is the payroll gets directly entered into ComputerEase; once its entered, ComputerEase logs into the computer and gathers all the information entered, prints the checks, and sends all the information that is posted from the payroll. All in all, using ComputerEase has made everyone's life in our office much easier and saves us all time!

Kristen Coleman

Some features are very useful for project management but as a CRM tool, it's underwhelming

Reviewed 2018-08-03
Review Source: Software Advice

NOT FOR PUBLICATION, JUST FOR BACKGROUND: I have changed companies and industries since I was using ComputerEase. At the time, I was in the construction field, and used CE for CRM functions, sales reporting, financials, and some project management reporting. I worked for Redrock Security and Cabling and reported directly to ownership. My role incorporated sales management and marketing functions.

Krystal Harrison

Not a Relational Database

Reviewed 2017-06-16
Review Source: Software Advice

ComputerEase seems to be one of the less expensive software options out there while still offering many optional features. There are multiple pre-built reports to see profitability, etc. We have not had any system "crashes".

Berkeley Carver

Really affordable software

Reviewed 2018-04-25
Review Source: Software Advice

Really easy to use, and is affordable. Has the capabilities for some operations within our organization that does not hinder growth or expansion.

Tracey MacKenzie

Brilliant! Accounting Software especially for Builders - just what was needed

Reviewed 2018-02-07

this one is a definite stand out. Great customer support, great documentation and a freephone number. What more could you like?

Colleen McKenna

It was not very user friendly.

Reviewed 2018-04-19

The ability to upload documents into the system was a great help. Doing payroll in house was not hard to set up. I think that this would be better for larger companies with more jobs rather then smaller companies with a few larger jobs.

Audrey Adrao

ComputerEase have it all

Reviewed 2018-09-30
Review Source: Software Advice

If your going to use this make sure you have enough staff to provide the output you want on this product.

Keith Stewart

Great next step from Quickbooks

Reviewed 2018-04-16

Solid accounting program that lets me know how my projects are doing and helps me manage my cash flow.

Shannon Mortensen

Computerease works great for Construction companies!

Reviewed 2018-09-10

There are so many things you can do with the computerease program. We do all of our accounting in this program for our jobs as well as keep track of all of our equipment. We discover new things all the time that will help us in our business.

lesley hammer

Reviewed 2012-05-16
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a 400 employee mechanical contractor serving the Midwestern US. We specialize in large commercial, medical and industrial construction. We currently have 60 users using ComputerEase everyday. Project manager, foreman and service technicians enter their time daily via the FieldEase web-based timesheet system. Project managers are also able to access real time job data by accessing the web with iPad, iPhone or any web enabled device. Our invoices are routed electronically and approved by project managers using their web browsers. This has saved so much time. Job costs are now updated daily, in real time processing. Project managers can now turn on a dime to correct job problems. Productivity at the job site has gone up considerably. Duplicate work and most errors have been eliminated. It used to take 4 employees two days to process payroll, thanks to FieldEase we have 1 person monitoring time entry and have cut payroll processing to 1/2 day. We switched from our old system to ComputerEase because of their excellent remote processing capabilities using web-based tools. I have to say the ComputerEase support personnel are real team players and promptly work on solving our problems.

Gladys Miller

Reviewed 2012-10-15
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a Plumbing Contractor that does both contract work and time and material work. Before ComputerEase we were using Quick Books and in house generated Excel spread sheets to follow our jobs. We felt we needed a comprensive program in order to track our jobs and service men as well as doing payroll along with job costing and job profitability. We hired a consultant to find us a software program. After looking at many options we chose ComputerEase. We purchased the program in January, began our training and implementation and went live April 1 of this year. The training and implementation went without a hitch. Our trainer (Maribel) was absoultely wonderful. Most of our team learned quickly and were able to manage the program. If you are computer literate it is a user friendly program. The customer support has been great. If I have a problem or can't figure out how to do something, I get a call back in a timely manner. If it is an emergency...I get a call back immediately. Since using the program, jobs and service calls are easier managed. There aren't things "falling through the cracks". Tracking employee time and doing payroll is more efficient.

Jesus Zabala

Easy to use project management software with ComputerEase

Reviewed 2018-08-14
Review Source: Software Advice

* a very efficient job costing solution * very useful on job scheduling * helps on inventory management

Dana Diodati

Great Product and Great Support!

Reviewed 2015-05-12
Review Source: Software Advice

We are new to the product, but we have been blown away by the support and training we've received (Deb Cotton). CE accepts feedback...If you make a suggestion that they feel will improve their product they incorporate it into their next update. Great company and product. The product is very easy to use and can be customized per user to allow each person to work as efficiently as possible.

Gay Fraley

Reviewed 2012-05-03
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a family-owned construction company in Tulsa, OK. We have been in business for over 45 years. Our previous accounting software (GEAC) was outdated and GEAC hardly ever did any updates. (Aside from tax updates.) Add to that, the annual customer support cost had gone to over $3,000. We had received information in the mail from ComputerEase. Management decided it was time to shop for a new system. I contacted the company and spoke with John Chruma. John was very professional from the beginning and was never pushy in any way. It's been my experience, if you have a good product, folks don't need "convincing" . . . . . We purchased the ComputerEase system over 5 years ago. Training was quick and accurate. (We purchased at the end of the year and I was up and running in January!) Customer Support is absolutely the best and the annual cost is very affordable. (Currently around $1,300.) Xavier, Beth and Ed have always gotten back to me in a timely manner. Usually within 15 minutes! I cannot say enough about ComputerEase! We are so pleased we made the decision to use their system.

Mamo Meaza

User of ComputerEase since 2010

Reviewed 2016-03-23
Review Source: Software Advice

I like the accounting module for the most part. I mostly like the invoice approval process for its ease in processing payables approval and the ability to review contract or POs from the approval screen. The ability to customize access for each user is a plus. ComputerEase can do a lot more with better training and better user manual

Sandy Moore

Just like the name says - "Ease"

Reviewed 2016-09-13
Review Source: Software Advice

My ComputerEase is hosted in the Cloud by CSS (Common Sense Solutions). They are the distributor / reseller and trainers. The transition from Sage50 to ComputerEase was so easy with their instructions. Changes with software or hardware is NEVER easy and causes so much stress for me. They trained me and walked me through every step. The trainer KNOWS accounting, job costing and she knows the software. Most software trainers only know the software!!

Richard Gomez

Its saving us ten times the cost

Reviewed 2017-12-07

Its a great program

Linda Johnsen

So far, I am not impressed with all of it

Reviewed 2015-02-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Using it is easy. Reports need work. The daily functions are great to use, and I caught on quickly. I am not so impressed with the month end reporting. The payroll reports that I need are incomplete, and I need to print several and then create my own spreadsheet to complete my union reports. When I asked for wages to be listed and then totaled at the bottom of the report, I was told that there would be an extra charge for that. Not impressed.

David Salomon

Reviewed 2013-10-29
Review Source: Software Advice

I have used Computer Ease for more than 10 years. During this time, I have used all of its capabilities except inventories and project management. I had great results in areas like job costing, payroll, accounts payable & receivable, and general ledger (financial reporting). One of the features that helped me a lot, especially after having experienced the software, was the capability to prepare reports that I could download into Excel spreadsheets. This feature worked like query reports; I was able to go into the database, select fields, make calculations, and then present them in the most convenient way according to the purpose or goal. I would like to highlight the fact that at the time of analyzing job cost, I haven't seen data better summarized or presented in an easier way than the one that ComputerEase provides: simple, to the point, and able to show totals by invoices from vendors and sub-contractors. I highly recommend this software for its features and price, which was very affordable.

Lynann Harmon

Easy Construction Management

Reviewed 2016-04-12
Review Source: Software Advice

I like the way all the information pulls from one module to another. If you can use Microsoft Office you can use Computer Ease

steve walter

very good product. easy to use.

Review Source: Software Advice

ease of use. learning curve is very short and the programs are very intuitive.

Margaret Turturro

Do not use this software if you can avoid it!

Reviewed 2017-01-04
Review Source: Software Advice

It's format is still DOS - like in the late 80's before we all switched to the windows format. All this software did was remove the use of the F1-10 keys and replace it with a double click. It shuts our printer down and locks it into an internal loop at which point we have to turn off the computer and the printer, wait - repower everything and try again. Ever so often it decides to print the payroll checks backwards and other inconvient things like that. I suppose it is better than no software and is also cheaper than the better written programs for this industry. I guess you get what you pay for.

Ron Ash

Contoller, Water and Sewer Utility Line Contractor, 8 months

Reviewed 2016-03-23
Review Source: Software Advice

Computerease does a great job at handling job costing and data entry is simple and the flow can be absorbed fairly quickly.

Jerri VanOster

ComputerEase Review

Reviewed 2016-03-25
Review Source: Software Advice

ComputerEase is exactly what it's name says...Ease. I have so many options, and the support is undeniably the best. They always are so helpful in guiding you through any issue. We use the Job Cost and it is so valuable towards are budgeting, payroll (which I have used with another company) and AIA contracts. We are a General Contractor and having these tools make our jobs so much easier.

Jane Marsh

Good, but lengthy transition.

Reviewed 2014-11-07
Review Source: Software Advice

I like that company financials are current. I like being able to track notes, attachments, and submittals with projects.

Michael Grubenhoff

Streamlining the Construction Industry

Review Source: Software Advice

The integration process is extremely smooth. The previous system we used was very slow and would not integrate.

Hugh Ayles

As a business owner, we found ComputerEase was more expensive and opted to update to a different program.

Reviewed 2018-05-25
Review Source: Software Advice

It came with several reports that were handy to use. Initial set up support was good. They could import your info, which I would suggest doing.

Michale Kowalski

Do not Purchase

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-08-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Do more research and find a user friendly program

Anne Doyle

This program is very easy to navigate but lacks complex reporting

Reviewed 2018-02-23
Review Source: Software Advice

Easy to learn and navigate through. Works for simple accounting and job costing. New menu makes getting around easier.

beveryly campo

Easy and Useful Tool for Inventory and Tracking

Reviewed 2018-08-31
Review Source: Software Advice

* I like the most with ComputerEase is the usefulness of it's feature for tracking our tools and equipment including the inventory management

Pete Sullivan

President

Reviewed 2017-07-12
Review Source: Software Advice

We are exploring software options that are more aligned with our growth that support Heavy Equipment in all aspects.

Carolyn Peel

Reviewed 2012-10-11
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a fire protection sprinkler company and our sprinkler fitter employees are union workers. We have been using ComputerEase since 1990 and it has been great since the day we starting using it. Setting up was fairly easy and the practice set helped out immensely. We are now on Version 9 and the updates are always there and ready to download. The union payroll is a little tricky but the payroll module, the imput, and the payroll reports are outstanding. If we ever have a question, or having a problem with something different, support is unbelievable. We call and shortly ,we receive a call back with someone with the knowledge of the subject matter, courteous and always trying to help us resolve our problem. I cannot say enough about the product and support. We will be using this software for a long time to come. Keep up the good work ComputerEase.

Don Ballou

Would recommend to any construction Company

Reviewed 2015-04-15
Review Source: Software Advice

ComputerEase brought to the table a comprehensive computer system that tracks and helps evaluate your business on any given day or stage of construction. There people that are assigned to your company to train and support all through the process.

Bill Telles

Reviewed 2012-05-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Our company first started using ComputerEase 11 years ago. Prior to that we used QuickBooks for Contractors. ComputerEase has grown with our company. We find it to be functional and very easy to use. Our project managers use the system everyday. The new FieldEase system gives us real time access to live job data. Our PM's also enter time sheets on line. This has eliminated duplicate entry to prepare payroll and stopped most errors. The best part of working with ComputerEase are their highly qualified trainers and support personnel. The ones we have worked with came from a construction background and know how our company works. Their response is great. The national operations manager, Mari Scharpecchia is absolutely the best. She has helped us immensely. We recommend ComputerEase and give them all five stars!!

Toby Hensley

Be Careful

Reviewed 2016-12-20

Demo is not representative of full product. After purchase during setup we realized the application would not live up to the sales pitch. We did not complete the setup or receive the full product. Support was abysmal. Computer Ease says - No refund. Fine print says Computer Ease not responsible for claims made by sales representatives.

Julie Horan

Reviewed 2012-10-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Our company is an electrical engineering company that specializes in heavy highway construction. When we started in 2006, we used QuickBooks Premier. In December of 2009, we migrated to ComputerEase because it was a better fit for our type of business. It allows us to track jobs by all the contributing costs. Because we are a small business, it is very beneficial for us to breakdown the costs by item. There are some reports that I need that are not part of the software such as an AR trending report (I can get a custom report but would have to pay for it.) Although I was not part of the implementation, I found it fairly easy to use but I need to take some additional classes to get the full benefits of the product. I do rely heavily on the support team and find them to be helpful and friendly.

Jeffrey Krall

Upgrade from Quickbooks to ComputerEase

Reviewed 2016-06-14
Review Source: Software Advice

ComputerEase had the unique blend of functionality at a great price. We are a growing construction company who quickly outgrew QuickBooks so we needed to move to a software made for construction. We researched a number of packages but ultimately selected ComputerEase for their integration with estimating and fully integrated modules. We were also very pleased with the price and ease of implementation. The implementation specialist was very helpful and we implemented on our schedule and at the agreed budget.

Shannon Yates

Reviewed 2019-06-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Payroll and HR housed in same area, as well as accounting

Michale Kowalski

Just getting started

Reviewed 2016-11-17
Review Source: Software Advice

So far the software seems to do the job. Trainer is good, need more training time and it should be included

Jeffrey Johnson

Computerease Review

Reviewed 2016-06-07
Review Source: Software Advice

My latest experiences with Computerease and my sales person has been very frustrating as we purchase service and additional modules with training and technical help. When we call for this help or email,I get billed.

Daniel Corsentino

Great Product especially for the price

Reviewed 2017-01-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Great integration and functionality. From bidding to billing and everything in between this program has it all. It has a lot of features and modules that can be customized for each trade in the industry.

KYLE WALTER

I use this product for our construction files

Review Source: Software Advice

Easy to navigate, easy to add and remove files. Anyone is able to use it

Malia Johnson

10.4.16

Reviewed 2016-10-04
Review Source: Software Advice

I have been in the construction field for over 20 years and this is by far the best software I have used.

Maurice Patterson

Reviewed 2012-10-09
Review Source: Software Advice

We have been using ComputerEase for two years. We process payroll for 155 employees each week. CE"s new FieldEase iSeries allows us to collect payroll data from the field. We just purchased their new "CELive" iSeries which gives us real time data from the field. Project managers can check their job costs up to the minute. The CE equipment costing system has greatly improved our equipment cost reporting and helped us determine profitability by each piece of equipment. We also use their new bar code system along with CELive to track up to the minute location of our equipment. Great support, I love our trainer, she knows her stuff. I highly recommend this software.

Kristin Kondakor

Good software

Reviewed 2017-05-26
Review Source: Software Advice

This software has a pretty easy to use the system. You can keep track of all your projects. Good for general contractors or subs.

Shannon Adams

One Product for everything

Reviewed 2016-10-12
Review Source: Software Advice

I have been using Computer Ease for a year now and it has been a great asset to our construction company. We are able to understand where all of our money is going for each job as well how we can improve because of this software.

Anne Fitzgerald

Reviewed 2012-10-24
Review Source: Software Advice

We are an Industrial Electrical Contractor and have been using ComputerEase since 2006 and currently use version 9.0. Prior to ComputerEase we used Forefront which was not windows bases or user friendly. The implementation went well and ComputerEase was able to import the data from Forefront into ComputerEase for us. The program is easy to use and new employees can learn it quickly. Software updates are easy to do through the help tab. We have few problems, if we do customer support (Lisa) is always very helpful to us. The only draw back with customer support is having to call in or email and wait for them to call you back.

Kent Snyder

I have used ComputerEase-Timberline-Maxwell-Masterbuilder-Promation

Reviewed 2014-06-23
Review Source: Software Advice

Ease of use, Flexibility, Functionality, Ease of creating user defined reports.

Jerssie Batrina

Reviewing ComputerEase

Reviewed 2018-10-10
Review Source: Software Advice

what I love about this, is you can actually monitor your projects in terms of budgeting, tracking your workflow. It's conveniently easy to use!

Lacey McCaskill

Excellent

Reviewed 2016-11-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Everything is there at your fingers tips to provide you with the most up to date information on job cost, inventory, payroll, and accounting.

Tom Mattlin

Reviewed 2012-05-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Six M Company is a major bridge builder in the Washington DC, Baltimore and Philadelphia corridor. We have been using ComputerEase software for 12 years. The software has grown with our company, and the annual updates are full of new features that help us run our business. Recently, we installed their new FieldEase web-based payroll time sheets. Our project managers are now entering time sheets from the field. This has saved us a great deal of time. The ComputerEase support team is very helpful. They know construction and they know how to apply their software to our actual needs. We highly recommend ComputerEase.

Jack Traeger

Computerease

Reviewed 2016-11-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Good product. Easy to use. Great customer support. Flexible system with good drop downs.

Theodore Misiewicz

ComputerEase is a comprehensive low to medium end Accounting Solution.

Reviewed 2016-04-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Used in the cloud it provides access to information readily.

Peter Nicolaou

Reviewed 2012-06-01
Review Source: Software Advice

Our company is Furlong Building and we are just over two years old in the Design/Build commercial construction industry. We came to ComputerEase looking for a program that was user friendly and could grow with us from a functional and financial standpoint; ComputerEase has not disappointed. Implementation was quick and the program has evolved with us ever since. ComputerEase is like dealing with family. They take care of their customers and the support is second to none. The ComputerEase reports are fantastic and easy to learn. We plan on being a ComputerEase customer for many years to come.

Wendi Lakes

Computerease Construction Accounting Software

Reviewed 2016-12-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Produce it great for general contractors and specialty contractors.

Anonymous

We use FieldEase which is software within ComputerEase.

Reviewed 2018-05-23

FieldEase is an easy to to keep track of hours as a contractor. It makes submitting time cards on time a breeze. I like that I am able to split my daily hours up between jobs.

Paul Williams

Great integrated Package for small to medium size business requiring dispatch, job cost and equipment usage tracking.

Reviewed 2016-11-11
Review Source: Software Advice

This product is being used by 2 companies we acquired. It is great at linking equipment and labor into job costs using simple tools like a dispatch board to assign resources. Multiple labor rates can be sued for wage rated projects or negotiated T&M rate schedules . Job costing can track each project for profitability. The programming team is very responsive to request for customization especially reporting and user interfaces.

Todd Diamond

Reviewed 2012-07-23
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a general contractor that has used ComputerEase for 7 years. We were previously using Quickbooks. ComputerEase is just as easy to use but has all the functionality our project managers need. We use their FieldEase browser based remote entry program. Now we can access live job data without the need to import or export files. We enter timesheets and check up on jobs in real time. It is a great product. The people at ComputerEase are nice to work with.