Zendesk Sell Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend7.96/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

If you are already a Zendesk user, then I definitely recommend choosing Zendesk Sell as a way to expand reach and get higher quality leads. As with Zendesk, I love the simplicity of the program.

OS

Olivia S.

We liked Base because it does not cost too much and it is good with history. It also plugs with dropbox which is a good feature.

SC

Samuel C.

Base CRM has the best mobile apps seamless integrations with phonecalls, emails. Best feautures are Contactclipper, Outlook plugin, gmail support and superb integrations with other webbased apps.

Per E.

Zendesk has the worst customer service, which is crazy because they are a customer service platform. Not many third-party integrations.

Brenden S.

Google apps sync is really bad, users all over the world complain about the very poor solution already since 2013 but base doesn't do anything about it.

MB

Marc B.

Wanted to give this system a chance but the code is so bad and the amount of times things break or functionality doesn't work is shocking. Upgraded our service and half the stuff stopped working.

DS

Salesforce Sales Cloud

SugarCRM-logocaret

SugarCRM

Compare both
How would you rate Zendesk Sell?

Base CRM

Overall this is a decent CRM for a young company. However, as with any CRM, you need to sit down and do your homework. Look at where your business is now and where you want it to be in a few years. Will you outgrow this app quickly or will it serve your needs well over the long term. If you feel you may outgrow the app in short order, you may want to consider jumping right over to Salesforce rather than try to migrate your data. If you feel this app will serve your company and users well over several years, it is a solid option.

Pros

What I liked best about this app is that it is fully integratable with other systems, and has great native mobile apps.

Cons

What I liked least about this product was the ease of use, there is a bit of a learning curve. Also, the setup costs are a bit high.

Beautiful interface and smart features on top of a solid CRM system

Pros

The "underdog" of the modern CRM marketplace offers a beautiful user interface with an exceptional mobile platform and some smart features, such as the process-driven conversion of contacts to leads or the sales funnel analysis. What makes this system very intuitive is the integration of many familiar elements, such as tags, drag and drop functionality, and smart filters.

Cons

I would consider the dashboard base's "achilles' heel". While it was not a major problem during my evaluation, it already became cluttered with updates. Unlike most of the other areas, the dashboard does not offer many visual cues that would help in getting a quick(er) overview. Qualifying my statement, the mobile applications appear to be better designed in that regard.

Zendesk purchased Base CRM and let it die

We were a long time Base CRM user, but since Zendesk purchased the platform it seems as if they have stripped down the development and support resources. I had questions about the platform, and could not get any response from their support team after months, I tried their sales team and still took weeks to get a response to my inbound lead. What a shame.

Pros

Easy to use You could get a good understanding of all the interactions with a customer from one screen.

Cons

Decent CRM system for small businesses with mobile app support.

Pros

Base CRM have a decent entry level (price and proposition) point that allows most small businesses get started with CRM. The fact that it also includes mobile app support (across iOS, Android and Windows) is commendable also.

Cons

I found the sync of contacts with the system and the plugins it uses caused a bit of my mess in my contacts. It was a minor gripe but something that over time became more tedious.

Great user interface

Pros

Base was intuitive to use and offered a great service with solid user experience. Rather than throwing a lot of features and functionality on a platform, Base created a sound workflow.

Cons

Base still has some catching up to do to compete with the giants like Salesforce in terms of offerings and apps. However, if the target market continues to be small to mid size companies rather than corporate giants, that may not be necessary.

Ease of use and clean interface

Pros

I found the system to be really easy to use and integrated well with other software programs. The interface was also clean which I think improved navigation.

Cons

When my team ran into a problem with the software, customer service wasn't the easiest to get a hold of.

Great starter CRM for our start-up company

Pros

The simplicity of Base help us move from clunky Excel/Word tracking systems into a straightforward CRM system with ease and at a relatively low expense. This was the first CRM we used when we were just ramping up our sales efforts for our start-up company.

Cons

At the time, Base served our needs very well, so I don't have a "like least" comment.

A very nice sales pipeline with nice editing and filtering features

Pros

Nice user interface. Nice ability to edit data on custom lists without needing to open a form. Pretty easy to create and filter lists, then store the configuration for later. Email integration is nice for storing all your conversations. Base handled the import well and was good at working with our sales people.

Cons

Support is only by email and often takes a day to answer your question. Although you can customize by adding fields and manipulating views, there are aspects of the pipeline you can't change. The help system and documentation leaves a good deal to be desired when digging into the system.

easy to use

Pros

fast interfase with easy access to contact and deals with just a few clicks and the ability to send and receive messages

Cons

Does not support email integration similar to constant contact or mailchimp or social media interaction features

Does not support SaaS business model. Very overpriced in comparison to other options in the market

Zendesk is good for companies that sell products and don't need advanced reporting capabilities. For other businesses, it is not a good option. The system is ok despite its limitations, but the price should be halved for it to be worth it.

Pros

The system is intuitive and it is fairly easy to customize and set up. Available reports are very customizable and easy to use.

Cons

System has limited functionalities. It mainly doesnt support SaaS business model and lacks certain key and also unimportant features. Despite excelling at the available reports the system offers, it does not allow you to access other key reports to the business without upgrading to the most expensive option (199$), leaving key business metrics to be manually calculated unless you pay 200 bucks per user.

#1 sales CRM hands down !

As a Professional Business Technology Consultant for over 15 years, I've created, integrated and supported CRM Apps in verticals including but not limited to: Legal, Real Estate and Renewable Energy projects. Throughout my professional tenure I've not only written code but have had the experience of collaborating with EVERY SINGLE professional CRM applications on the market. My conclusion, Base CRM is THE answer to streamlining your sales & marketing processes and cycle.

Pros

SIMPLICITY SELLS! This is the genius behind Base CRM.

Cons

None that I've ever experienced in 3-4 years.

Good for product based sales, but not so much for services

Pros

It has a user-friendly interface with a good number of tutorials and webinars to help you learn the ins and outs of Base.

Cons

It is still growing to meet the needs of clients that have very specific needs with more customization. It also isn't designed for a service that has recurring monthly payments and service offerings. For example, Base itself has three paid levels. To organize a pipeline for those sales, you would either have to recreate a deal every month, or leave them in the pipeline forever. Neither of those is a great option, and the reporting features are rather useless when the latter option (which we do) is used. Since they never truly "close," since they are recurring, and even a lower level service commitment is still a revenue generator for us, the reports cannot give helpful information.

Funcionalidad

En general nuestra experiencia con Zendesk Sell es muy buena y nos ha ayudado a nivel organizativo.

Pros

Lo que mas nos ha gustado del Software es que es fácil de usar y podemos llevar un control mejor de nuestros clientes, vendas y posibles oportunidades, además tiene multitud de integraciones para estar conectado en todo momento con otros software.

Cons

Lo que menos nos ha gustado del software es que el portal de clientes para enviar archivos y mantener conversaciones en un poco lioso y ofrece una interfaz poco atractiva.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Sales Pipeline motivates our sales team

Pros

Base CRM helps managing our team with deals within the Pipelines. It always motivates the team when they say the prospects moving within the Pipeline in the right direction. Its a helpful CRM for sales people and help them define their activities.

Cons

the mobile view need more attention to improve the activities management. The reporting of visual elements can be improved as well.

Great entry-level CRM, friendly and helpful support, good core CRM for your growing company.

Pros

The dashboard is good and the ease of 'deal' creation and updating is excellent. The ability to modify various records, deals, etc. from just about any screen is very useful and a time saver.

Cons

Most of the useful features do not come with the 'baseline' product. They require upgrades to various levels. Among these features are the ability to generate customized extracts and reporting.

The So-So CRM

Pros

Creating and maintaining contacts in BASE was pretty easy and intuitive. It also pretty easy to add various tags to leads/customers based upon certain sorting criteria.

Cons

BASE just lacks features. Its lacking a lot of strong integrations. Creating and building workflows/charts/stat trackers was either too difficult or unintuitive. BASE does work and serves a need, but does not work well with big data. Once our company reached a certain size, BASE could no longer support our growing needs.

Very bad customer support

Terrible. When it was BASE CRM the customer service was flawless now since zendesk took over there is little to no support. We dont even have a number to call.

Pros

its easy to use but lacks common functionality

Cons

lack commonly functionalities other CRMs have Poor reporting and extremely expensive for the poor reporting

Really great CRM, more than I needed and more pricy than I was looking for.

Simple CRM, really nice app. Enjoyed using it while I did, just found a less cost solution that did what I needed.

Pros

I really liked the contact management and deals management. The reporting was amazing and it was very customizable. The integrated voice option was very nice too. UX design was great too.

Cons

I wasn't in love with switching between screens all day long. It also did have a learning curve and my employees didn't like it. Lastly, it was more money than I was looking to spend per seat.

A simple sale automation software

Zendesk sell has vastly improved the productivity of our sales team who concentrate more on making deals rather than writing reports

Pros

Its a very simple to use sale automation software which allows our sales team to easily access the sales data and easily analyze it. Sell creates wonderful sale reports.

Cons

The glowing response by our sales team makes it hard to dislike the software. however, new users find it tiresome to upload and download contacts in CSV format

Very good tool if you are an independent sales rep.

Pros

Complete customization for your needs pertaining to your industry & customers and allows you to input as much information as you would like.

Cons

Actually, I can't say that I don't like the platform. it was a very useful tool when I was an independent rep. I was not a huge fan of the way you could link your phone to a number provided by BASE but that is just a personal preference. I like people seeing my number on their phone when I call instead of a "dummy" number.

Base is okay. I probably wouldn't recommend them.

I get to track my leads. That is a big deal to me.

Pros

I like how I can keep track of my leads. I can turn them into whatever categories I choose and I can follow them through until they become clients.

Cons

I don't like the lack of integrations. When I want to integrate with other software Base is very lacking in that regard.

Easy to Use CRM

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use for keeping your list of contacts organized during the entire sales process.

Cons

The Gmail integration currently only works with your username as email, but not aliases. Tasks could be integrated with Outlook calendar to get calendar prompts instead of email prompts.

Very strong CRM/ Sales Tool

This is the best out of the box tool I've used. The reporting capabilities are endless and incredibly strong but I think we like it best because the reps actually use it.

Pros

Strong mobile app... you can geolocate/get directions right from your phone. The reps like being able to "talk" their notes into the phone right after meetings rather than type.

Cons

May have been a learning gap... companies vs people in the contact section.

Easy to use CRM

Pros

The setup and import into this CRM system was incredibly easy. I really like the dashboard and intuitiveness of the software

Cons

No major cons, very happy with this CRM. Was transitioning off of a free platform and it was easy to import and make the switch

Great CRM

At my company we use Base CRM to keep track of notes, schedule appointments, create tasks, keep track of deals and more. It's very easy to use. We work with hundreds of media stations. Base helps us keep track of what each station is doing.

Pros

I really like the email integration. It's nice to see email threads in the notes.

Cons

I wish the mobile app was as easy to use as the desktop.