Essential Studio

UI development suite for .NET, Xamarin, Javascript, Angular

Essential Studio Reviews

Pros

I find it's API very accessible and self-explained and in the fly I did get attached to it, nice UI and very good performance.

MC

Mohamed C.

The Community License, this is so amazing. And very outstanding amazin support, never seen this before.

BN

Benjamin N.

I love the community license for small developers like myself. I have only used customer support a few times, but each time the response has been outstanding.

DB

Dennis B.

Cons

It seems lack of unit tests to their products. For example, some correct Excel equations could be messed up for some reasons which may scare users.

BD

Bing D.

It makes me very hesitant to upgrade to the latest version for fear that something which used to work now doesn't (unit testing UI components is very hard).

JH

John H.

The documentation is very bad. Include only very basic and unreal samples.

AA

Abigail A.

Complete, robust, fully functional web UI

Overall it's a great product. It does everything Telerik Kendo does but is cheaper and therefore a better value.

Pros

The Syncfusion Grid component is as good or better than any other on the market. It has every feature you could want: paging, sorting, filtering, sizing and reordering columns, exporting to PDF, CSV, or Excel. And they have just about every other rich web component you think of: Calendar, sortable list, embedded rich text/HTML editor, charts, maps, you name it. And best of all, their free community license includes ASP.Net MVC so you can develop rich MVC web UI applications. And also includes Xam

Cons

Although they have extensive documentation, they so many components that do so many things, that not every feature has specific programming examples, so you sometimes have to figure things out through trail and error. And although the MVC components all have tons of methods and parameters you sometimes have to write JavaScript to make it work the way you want. So you need to be a strong programmer.

Great Product

Overall it's been great. As my familiarity with the product increases, my productivity has increased dramatically, which I'm very excited about.

Pros

I love the fact that the software is usable across a broad spectrum of different technologies - Blazor, ASP.NET Core, Javascript, Flutter, etc..

Cons

The 'immediate' support team could do a better job, but support overall is better than it would first appear. You have to

Good product

Satisfactory

Pros

Conversion of word docs to pdf with ease

Cons

Having to obtain a new key for every version and/or bug fix Conversion of word doc to pdf was buggy at first - tables were not converted properly

Syncfusion for the StartUp

In addition to supporting Xamarin Forms, we are following a strict MVVM methodology and leveraging C# as much as possible across as many platforms as possible. Currently, this includes the most popular standard platforms that Xamarin Forms supports: iOS, Android, UWP. We will also be supporting Blazor (C# in browser web assembly) and one of the Syncfusion features we hope to leverage is their Blazor support. We are waiting for .NET 5 GA to leap into that part of the project, but are hopeful our good experience with Syncfusion componentson Xamarin Forms supported platforms will be matched in the Browser based client using Syncfusion Blazor components.

Pros

Our project is to build a commercial-grade, security-compliant, serverless mobile app platform using only tools that are budget-friendly for startups. Our tool-chain selection includes AWS services (API Gateway, Cognito, Lambda, DynamoDB, ...), Microsoft .NET Core/Standard, Visual Studio and Xamarin. All these tools are essentially free until your app starts scaling. Syncfusion's community edition was chosen because it provides commercial-grade features and doesn't burden the entrepreneur with out-of-pocket expenses until their app is generating revenue. Finally, our experience with Syncfusion's support has been first rate.

Cons

Syncfusion targets many different UI presentation layers. In our case, we use Xamarin Forms which is relatively new for Syncfusion. The controls are generally solid but do require more "code-behind" work than is generally recommended in the Xamarin community. There are shops that totally refuse to allow "any" code-behind and if you are one of those you may have some issues using all of the Syncfusion controls. In our case, the limited code-behind required is not considered a barrier. In addition, the Syncfusion documentation is obviously not written by a native English speaker and as such can be amusing at times and occasionally annoying .

World Class Tools for Developing World Class Apps

I am the CEO and Sr. Developer of my own company and since we generate < million annually in revenue we qualified for a free license (Awesome!). However, I also work for a corporation and was able to acquire a paid ES license because the tools had very much become a valuable part of our application development team.

Pros

Great set of Tools! But equally important I would say is the stellar support that you receive. ES also has a huge community so I've rarely had to reach out for support as there is usually documentation on whatever issue I am currently having already. However I have been amazed that such a Enterprise Level company has a support team that actually gets back to you in a day or two with either code examples or a resolution! In my whole development career of over 15 years, I've never seen that level of dedicated support! Not from Microsoft, Google( Does Google even do support?) or any third party tool.

Cons

Integration into projects isn't bad... I just wish it was a little more streamlined especially into Visual Studio. I ended up going with the Nuget Package installation because the other proved to be buggy and problematic.

Great tools with great feature and make us save time.

Me and My team we appreciate this tool because it really help to bring our new software to another level. With all the documentations and the demos this help me and my team to go quickly thru the learning curves.

Pros

They provide a lot of demo and they have a great support.

Cons

Sometime some feature are taking long before being deploy with there version.

Syncfusion Blazor

Transition my Visual Basic 60 LIS software to Web application.

Pros

I have invested Grid control, in WebAssembly configuration, using EF core. It works fine. Support is very prompt and good.

Cons

In some cases, events handler, Data Manager of UI controls are black boxes without more details.

Great product

Support was superb when I had a challenge and they got back to me explaining the issues and I was able to implement a workaround.

Pros

Ease of implementation. An abundance of capabilities. Responsive support.

Cons

I am pretty new to Syncfusion, but I have been developing apps for a long time, so far I only see good signs from this suite.

Syncfusion helps me to be smart

Pros

Richness and completeness of controls and good and quick support.

Cons

Examples in the github non always complete and clear, poor availability of code snippets.

Syncfusion, much better was JS1

Pros

Components number Grid component Easy to use

Cons

Many components or features of the previous version JS1, are still not implemented in JS2. The presence of many bugs.

One of the first companies to give entrepreneurial Software Developers a break.

A great thing about the Syncfusion components is that they work in Xamarin. I can create mobile apps without changes. Xamarin did not generate a Windows app that I liked, so I build an app using Winforms that looks like the mobile apps. Syncfusion for Winforms allowed me to do this and share code with the mobile apps.

Pros

Six years ago, I started developing a large scale enterprise product. It required a lot of full stack development. It runs on Windows, Android and IOS. The infrastructures is all Docker containers. I am not a UI guy and didn’t have the time to build the UI components needed. Syncfusion components work well. Their generous licensing policies made using the tools possible. Most impressive, is...

Cons

There are components that I found difficult to understand even after reading the doc. But it was more the task at hand then a problem with a component. For example: To use the Word functions to manipulate a Word file, you must understand how Word structures its documents. But a note to support always results in a sample. So, really there is nothing negative to say.

Essential Studio for WPF

Overall experience is fantastic. Installation is straight forward, updates are published at a timely manner.

Pros

I like the completeness and in depth features of all the controls that I use, especially the data grid control which I use extensively. The sample application and online documentation is clear and succinct. I find that breaking down the examples by feature is great when compared to other control vendors I have seen, that simply provide a high level example and nothing to demonstrate each feature separately. On the few occasions that I have requested support, I have always received an answer in a timely manner. What makes the WPF suite good value is not just the number of feature rich controls, but the complete package including the documentation help and support that is available.

Cons

There are only two minor issues that I have with the suite of tools. 1. I get regular feedback from users that the date picker control is clunky to use. I can echo the feedback. Entering a date does not feel smooth, especially when entering the year. Hard to describe, but feel like it cycles back around to the year zero. 2. I would like it if I could customize the calendar control more. Would be great if I could easily template out the control for each date so I could use it to display what ever info I wanted in each date cell. Maybe there is a way to do this, but either way I have not been successful in being able to template out the calendar control for the requirements at the time.

Expensive and poor support but best available solution

I had to rely on their support team for almost everything when it came to integrating the scheduling component into my software because the documentation was really poor. There is a lot of documentation but the problem with it is that it just doesn't explain how to use anything. You'd find a reference to the problem you're having, and the documentation tells you what this thing is supposed to do...

Pros

I got Syncfusion primarily for the scheduler component and having looked at other options, this was the best front end solution I could find for my software. It's not perfect, but it's very good in terms of functionality and user interface. I think my clients will enjoy using this scheduler.

Cons

It's a bit awkward to implement and the documentation is very poor. As for the scheduler, it comes with built in popup windows for creating and modifying events, but trying to get their styling to match my own was a nightmare because they did not use the same classes for every window, and not even the same classes for every button. It was surprising how inconsistent they were with their styling and that made it impossible to create consistent spacing and styling to match the rest of my system, so I ended up blocking all the popups and creating my own but this also was not easy or obvious. I had to contact support several times just to figure out how to use my own popups.

Xamarin UI controls

I’ve used the Syncfusion controls when I worked at other companies so I knew what I was getting into. I felt very confident in the controls, ease of integration and quality of the technical support team. By using these controls I’ve been able to get my apps out the door much faster than before.

Pros

Integration is a breeze. The software is well designed and is rock solid. One of the best additions to the software are two apps you can download, Syncfusion Controls Explorer and Essential UI kit. The Controls explorer does a great job of showcasing various controls and illustrating different ways the control can be used. The other app, Essential UI Kit provides me with both a jumpstart for getting certain screens up and running but also a real work example of how the controls can be used. As an independent developer, I don’t have the luxury of hiring a full-time designer nor the flexibility of time to see how the control works. These controls allow me the ability to get my app up and running faster than before.

Cons

The grid control still needs work. It’s great for presenting data, but if you’re looking for more flexibility when entering values directly within the grid, you’ll be disappointed. The richness of options available to you just isn’t there. Knowledgebase on the website needs work. You can drill down to a specific control, say, Xamarin.Forms -> SfDataGrid however if I search for "Initialize" it searches the entire product line. Really frustrating and makes the feature rather useless.

Superb Support! Practical stuff microsoft left out Good C# Library

Good Sf DataGrid, great column types that do most of the validation I need without a lot of coding And really,really,really good support. They just answer my questions in a day with a code snippet that they have written. The XLSIO lib's which read/write pdf, microsoft office files are also excellent. Minor issue with them is that they hold on to File's a bit too long as mentioned in the con's easy workaround give XLSIO calls C# FileStreams whenever possible...the XLSIO save and saveas functions work fine...

Pros

Good Grid Great PDF read/write , Excel read/write much better, faster and more reliable than microsoft stuff Support is just outstanding; Send in a request and they both answer the questions and frequently write the code snippet for you...wow! Excellent Code Samples, Be sure and use the Code demo/sample browser for Windows..good stuff

Cons

If it takes more then 10 or 15 minutes to understand where to find a particular feature or functionality just send the question to Support. Documentation is mediocre and not nearly as good as Microsoft. Some things that should be exposed in properties and instead implemented via event handlers. Still much less work using Syncfusion tools then coding in Microsoft GUI widgets Grid by default does not...

Html->Pdf Converter works well mostly, but could be easier to use for the cost

Support could have been better - we encountered a critical bug (which was fixed quickly by the developers, no issue there) and we got from support a windows nuget package without native binaries (because the support portal can't upload > 50mb files apparently) in them, which we decided to repackage to linux (which is the platform we reported the bug on) and add the native binaries binaries - the version was also identical to a live version on nuget.org so we had to change that in the repackage to avoid conflicts too. The suggestion was to "Manually reference the dlls" which is a bit mad considering the effort already sunk into locating the native binaries originating from the nuget package, and the lack of transistive resolution etc...

Pros

It works, renders html correctly enough.

Cons

Non-platform independence for devops - requires package installation on deployment targets. Also requires manual setting of path to syncfusion binaries (that are in the nuget package!) at runtime. Extra package e.g. Syncfusion.HtmlToPdf.Blink.Static.Linux could be created with a static compile to eliminate system dependencies and manage CVEs etc. The code (which we have had to write ourselves) to...

Great software especially for small outfits

Overall, I like the product but it can be frustrating at times when I come across a new "oddball" requirement that I need to ask of the product and trying to figure out the best way to make it do what I want.

Pros

It's free for small outfits - seriously though, the community edition is really useful for myself who is a small sole trader and allows me to create powerful and capable web sites easily. There is a lot of powerful functionality "out of the box", I especially like the functionality built into the Grid components and dropdown / combo boxes are handled the way I expect them to be with little coding required for normal situations. Their community support is very good, I have used them about 3 or 4 times and each time they have responded within a day or two with both a written solution and normally a working example that I can download and examine

Cons

One of the big issues I have is, for me, the lack of clear documentation. This is especially true when you go "off the beaten track" to try something different and it can be a headache to determine the best way to go about achieving the result (e.g. on a grid, what events fire when with what arguments). However, the support people have been good at coming up with solutions when I draw a blank. As the product covers different environments (asp.net core, JS, MVC, Angular etc) and there are different versions (ej1, ej2 etc) it can be a bit difficult navigating through previously answered questions and applying them to my environment (in the main I use asp.net core).

SyncFusion Blazor Components Review

I really like the product suite. I find that I can do almost everything I need to do using their out-of-box experience.

Pros

I like having the large number of components in the bundle as it reduces the number of third party components I need to complete my projects. I also like how rapidly SyncFusion rolls out updates to their products and the quality and speed of response of their technical support.

Cons

I am not sure if this is SyncFusion Blazor specific or something inherent with Blazor itself, but the lack of Support for GUID in their dropdown list and other things like their event callbacks require that I change my GUIDs to string types in my models and then have to map them back to GUIDs for CRUD to the backend. Also, I really wish they had a good Step / Wizard component. I currently have to use Radzen's Step component for my WIzards and there are often CSS conflicts between Radzen and SyncFusion. If they do not add one, I will most likely have to create my own custom Step (Wizard) component before the project is finished.

Syncfusion controls are essential to my applications

Overall, I could not produce the quality and usability I have in my apps, without Syncfusion Essential Studio. Support, when needed, has been excellent

Pros

Syncfusion controls add style and features to my app that would be prohibitively time consuming (if not impossible) for me to code on my own. My app makes extensive use if Radial Menus, Photo Editor, PDF Viewer and many many other controls. They are simple to use and work consistently well on all supported platforms. My app runs on iOS, Android and UWP and providing a consistent and rich interface across devices is essential.

Cons

Given the complexity of supporting multiple environments, I have occasionally run into stability issues with new releases. The occurrences have been rare and Syncfusion support has always come through.

Feature-rich easy to implement product with amazing customer support

This products solves almost all our needs along with the standard ui and productivity components on the platforms that we deliver solutions on. We are almost entirely an angular/typescript, asp.net core and Xamarin shop. This makes our life much simpler and the less complex and we are able to deliver multi-platform solutions quickly to the customer and make our own customer service more responsive.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the documentation and examples leave something to be desired but the very quick and responsive customer support more than compensates for that.

A Must Have for Every Software Developer

Overall, I am very satisfied with the product and I strongly suggest that you start using it too. Before, designing the user interface consumes a lot of time. Since I started using Syncfusion, most of my time now are dedicated to coding the business logic. These translates to faster development time and spending more time with my family.

Pros

Whether you are building a website, desktop or phone applications, the tool you will probably need is already available within the library. The dashboard application also eases the development time by providing real life sample codes. They have regular updates with new features and bug fixes. If you encounter a bug, just report it to them and expect a fix on their next update.

Cons

Although the software provides lots of tools and libraries, there are still some room for improvement. They counter this by having an amazing group of customer support people that are always ready to fix or offer other solutions. They will even provide you with a working code solution.

Great components outstanding support

I'm using both the WPF components and the Web components, both on ASP.Net MVC and .Net Core, The use of these components reduces dramatically the development time and they have a great support for tasks as exporting to excel, word, html, and importing from external source, they have great PDF management and Visualization components and Great components to manage Word and Excel documents.

Pros

The good documentation, many samples, easy to apply on our software, but most of all the outstanding support from the company that supplies a sample to solve a problem or any How To question. Is very attentive when a possible bug is pointed out and if it is a bug a fix is provided in a scheduled time.

Cons

the only thing I don't like much is that upgrading the desktop projects when I upgrade the libraries is a time consuming task. But I don't think there is a way to avoid this.

Syncfusion Essential Studio - A world class set of tools

Until now, I see that Syncfusion controls are enough for all my development needs.

Pros

Lots of components for different platforms. It is easy to use. Tech support is world class, I usually have an answer in 24 hours, and they let you know when it is going to take longer time and provide an expected date. There is a Community version which is free but you must qualify to get it (this is the one I use). Although I have not used them, there are also Reporting, Data Science and Business Intelligence support, which I plan to test shortly.

Cons

Documentation can be improved with more examples. However, this is not critical.

Great developer suite with unique components

We are very happy with Essential Studio, it has always evolved fast with every new technology, developing a lot of components with a good quality and excelent customer support.

Pros

Essential Studio has a huge library of components, many of them unique or not very common in the market. The customer support is great and always helping solve our issues.

Cons

The documentation has to improve because would allow the developers to find issues faster without asking to customer support. I thing that just making every customer support ticket public unless expressly asked by the customer would add a lot of Q & A besides improving the documentation.

Everything we need in the component suite

Pros

+ Complete suite of UI controls for .NET and Xamarin.Forms. Also its includes report, pdf and others libraries. No other library is needed. + Support is great. Generally they bring a one week solution when an issue if found or a quick workaround. + Many samples and Documentation available. + Grid is great.

Cons

Sometimes there are some specific functionalities that we wanted but with some extra work we can cover them.