Compliance & CE Logo

Compliance & CE

Cloud-based learning management system (LMS)

Compliance & CE Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.35/10

Reviews by rating

It's nice also to have access to PDF format of the presentation that you can download to help you review. The mini quizzes throughout the presentations are really nice.
Very easy to use and navigate. I enjoy the abundant topics presented and the course presenters have articulately structured each course for maximum benefit with great content and graphics.
The ease of use and overall quality is excellent. The information is appropriate for my place of employment.
There are mistakes on information provided. Some of the images identifications are incorrect.
There is really nothing that I can think of that I dislike.
They ask you to do a survey at the end, it can be skipped, but it's a bit annoying.

MT

MOHAMMAD T.

excellent

Pros

for me this software is very useful ,as per our user's & including me we are not face any problems of this software so easy & our exp is excellent cause i am using this software more than 10 years,easy to use any one .

Cons

i would like to thanks your software team because they did wonderful job for your IT team ,i am using this software more than 10 years and never face any problems of your software,especially after finish the course & get the exam & get the certificate & your valuable survey.

AK

Abby K.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Easy to use document control and CE software

Pros

I really like the versatility of the software and that we have several modules that are used for different aspects of our laboratory. We utilize the document control module for the entire company and that allows us to track training (who is complete, incomplete, etc.). We also utilize the CE (continuing education) module for company-wide and department-specific trainings. We also have the InspectionProof module, which has helped us become CAP Inspection ready for our last two CAP Inspections. This module, in particular, we enjoy because of the ability to assign checklist items to different employees who can answer the checklist items before completing the checklist and then it can be put into "Inspection Mode" where groups can inspect each other.

Cons

There are occasional glitches or flaws in the software, as you have in any software. But the majority of the time, you can work with MediaLab's customer support team to get the problem solved quickly.

DV

Doris V.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Help set up this system in a few labs

Pros

Cheap in cost, easy to implement..

Cons

need more ways to organize effectively and efficiently, have the ability to create online forms that can be directed

AD

Annamarie D.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great learning tool! I just found the Course Builder a little confusing at first, but am better now.

Con Ed learning We have built our training modules in the Course Builder We have also set up our yearly Skills Assessment for all staff using Medialab. We have about 250 staff members in the laboratory.

Pros

There are many topics to choose from. This is also a great Skills Assessment software which we use a lot of at our hospital. All staff are provided a yearly skills assessment.

Cons

The special Histology courses and TM courses are costly. There are not enough licenses either when we do pay for the extra Histology and TM packages

LS

Lee S.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Easy to set up and easy for staff to get used to!

Integration of various lab operations and compliance elements

Pros

The price point and features are second to none when looking at similar software and well designed. The diversity of CE's and the overall expertise in their development is keep in staff competency.

Cons

Lack of solid mobile platform can be a down side for more tech savvy staff. Reporting could be a bit more fluid and robust, but it does provide a decent amount of drill down.

LC

Linda C.

Medialab reinforces our students with quality courses and excellent cell morphology

Increases student comprehension and understanding of courses and cell morphology

Pros

The software enables me to customize courses and cell morphology per student. Courses assigned to students allow them to review questions and materials for review and better comprehension.

Cons

With students taking the courses I would like to see all their scored attempts in one view on a spreadsheet for easier grading of the assignments

CE

Candance E.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Great tool to use for Document Control, POC Administration, Inspections and CEU's!

It really helps with Inspections and keeping up with regulatory requirements.

Pros

The ability to link documents and forms from Document Control to uploaded Inspection checklists. CEU courses are fantastic!

Cons

I can't think of a con, maybe a little more ability for customization of the Compass functions like being able, as an administrator, to waive some requirements that may be redundant.

GS

Gwenn S.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

MediaLab's Compliance and CE package includes the courses our lab staff needs to be compliant.

As an administrator, it is easy to create new employee profiles and set them up with the courses they need. You can also easily track their progress and send out emails. I am also a user and take advantage of the clinical courses to keep my ASCP certification current.

Pros

The comprehensive and broad course offerings. I am ASCP certified and must earn 12 CEs every year in hematology, micro, BB, chemistry, lab safety, and HIPAA, all of which available to me and make it easy to keep my certification current. Plus, our lab and New York State requires all lab and admin. staff to have certain CEs per year, so we all use MediaLab.

Cons

Many of the same courses that MediaLab offers reappear each year. The courses are not updated as often as I would like.

pb

peter b.

Biotechnology, 10,001+ employees

I really like medialab. The courses are wonderful specific summaries of lab topics.

I like most technologists find myself working in the same discipline throughout my long storied award-winning illustrious career . Though my memory is sound and I keep abrest off the new exciting developments in clinical technology I still like to broaden my knowledge - expand my horizons, etc etc and the reviews from media lab fit the need.

Pros

You could go back and forth through reviews. Stop at any time and get back to it later, print material out. Also you could take exams three times and the answers were explained. I love that feature. Also it was very easy to do exactly what you wanted to do.

Cons

Nowadays especially with PowerPoint lectures all over the place online, you get use to colorful backgrounds and numerous photos. could use more of them I suppose

LD

Lisa D.

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Makes offering and attaining CE credits super easy!

Enables our organization to provide technologists with the required CE to meet regulatory standards.

Pros

Requires ZERO training to begin using provided CE courses. Making customized courses is very easy, and can be edited easily as well. I haven't found anything I don't like about the CE program. The feedback from my company's users is always positive.

AD

Anna D.

Excellent training and customer service. User interface could be a bit more modern and navigable.

Pros

Document control module makes maintaining document control compliance a breeze. Over all content is a 9 out of 10.

Cons

Navigation between modules is and home screen are a bit outdated. A home dash board interface vs. drop downs and less wordy links would be great improvements. Organization of content is 6 of 10.

SD

Sean D.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Amazing. Couldn't imagine a better platform for compliance training.

Pros

Ease of use with multiple users. It's a powerful platform to ensure compliance across my entire staff.

Cons

Wish the HR courses were not separate purchases. It was frustrating to see a new offering marketed separate despite heavy course overlap with our existing software.

DB

Douglass B.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Used other for 6-12 months

It was overall a very good experience. The courses were easy to navigate and informative.

Continuing education requirements to maintain licensure.

Pros

I liked the simplicity of the interface and how organized the site was. It makes navigation easy. I like the way the courses are presented too. Slides are concise with each dedicated to a single topic. Providing definitions at the beginning of each course was a nice touch as well. And the courses were not overly long. Being concise and easy to navigate is a pro that I don't think I can overstate! It really makes the experience pleasant. The slides were very informative. some were more or less a review for me while others introduced me to things I wasn't familiar with. I have a greater understanding of flow cytometry because I could grasp the material presented in the course.

Cons

No cons but I would like to say that it would be nice to see more material that presents new ways to test for disease. The "Emerging Cardiovascular Risk Markers" course was very interesting.

LS

Leslie S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Helpful with staying in Compliance

Love MediaLab and the staff! Tim Westover and Michael Davis will always take great care of you!

Pros

I love the Reports, you can generate any type of report. Whether it's per user or course, it opens a variety of options to fit your company preference.

YL

Yvonne L.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

I've been informed and kept up to date in my areas of interest. Have been exposed to new areas also

I use this for all my CE requirements. It is a great savings in time and money and it is most convenient to use. I'm always assured that my CE hours will always be approved because the subjects are relevant and the certification is not just for attendance of a Seminar but has test results also.

Pros

All the learning objectives are usually met. The convenience of doing the required CE credits anywhere is most useful. Being provided with practice questions throughout the course helps to boost retention of the material.

Cons

I have not yet met an area that has elicited a negative response. There are a few times that the credit hours given could be more.

MG

Michelle G.

We've used the tutorials and the practice certification exams for several years and love it.

Gives students a great review

Pros

From and administrator's point of view, it is very easy to use. I can easily set up the required tutorials and pull the reports to see how the students have done.

Cons

I would like to see more on the analysis portion of the certification exam. Specifically, if a student takes the exam, there would be an option to possibly assign a quiz based on the area that the student was most deficient. Currently, I rely on the student to look at the results and assign themselves another test on just that area.

MN

Michelle N.

Great Experience, easy to use

Pros

I have used this software for over 15 years for continuing education of my staff in the hospital and on the academic side for my students to supplement lectures, as review and for training before they go into their clinical rotations at the hospital.

Cons

I would love the exam simulator software to have the option to time practice exams, meaning that the exam stops when the student reaches the two and half hour mark so it helps them practice time management for the certification exam.

BW

Brenda W.

Used other for 2+ years

Best courses to maintain CEUs; can be done at your leisure

I have used this program along with the ASCP program to maintain my 36 credits that I need every 3 years to keep my license.

Pros

you can take a course and exam at the same time or you can print it to review and go back and take the exam by allowing a re-take of an exam immediately, things are more apt to make sense and stay with you for awhile

Cons

Some of the pictures are very confusing, particulary in the immunology course The bloodbank course for the disappearing antibody was also confusing and I found it difficult to read the antibody panels

MM

MICHAEL M.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Great Product - Saves Time and Money

Pros

User friendly and customer service is always available to assist and answer questions. Otherwise, the self help solutions are easily available.

Cons

It would be a good addition to include mock exams for ASCP, AAB, AMT for certification for HCLD, MT, and Technologist.

MN

Michelle N.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

I have used software in the hospital setting & in academic setting with students and I love it.

Having additional information for our students to help prepare them for the their clinical rotations

Pros

Ease of use, students and employees have no problems accessing and using the software. There are several different reports I can run to track employee and or student progress

Cons

Wish there were more courses in each section. More panel practice for blood bank would be great, more bacteriology for microbiology would be great.

JM

Jane M.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

MediaLab is a very easy product to use.

Documentation required is now computerized.

Pros

It documents compliance in a very easy to use format for both administrators and staff to use. All of the documentation is electronic so reduction of paper.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I can think of regarding this product that I dislike. Maybe in the beginning it took a little time to understand how to use it but once over that hurdle, it is easy.

SK

Sona K.

Used other for 1-2 years

I highly recommend this to both educators and students in the medical lab science.

Pros

I started using this in 2016 for my CLT students.While I am teaching a course say Hematology in my CLT program, I can assign the similar topics from Compliance and CE to practice on. The students loved it and I am very pleased with this product.I feel my students are better prepared for certification exam because they can do the courses as many times as they can with detailed explanation to all the answers.The best thing they liked is the Game mode.

Cons

I wish they have more topics to cover in the Immunology and serolgy like different immunological techniques etc.

AT

Amalia T.

Great product for keeping up with competency.

Pros

I like that you can customize the training information. You can use charts, pictures, different files. And it's easy to use.

Cons

Need to be able to customized the different reports. Need to be able if we existing checklist in like word or excel format to be able to import the file in and then enter the information instead of us having to copy and paste. Make it easy to change over.

TW

Tracy W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Made studying for my exams easier and fun

I passed my test when i used it to study

Pros

It was specific to whatever topic and i wanted and descriptive too. I would not have done as well as i did in my test if the software wasn't easy to use

Cons

I didn't have any major complains except when it keeps asking me to sign in again on my phone even when i didn't sign out the last session.

ML

Mary L.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Excellent tool for access to CE opportunities.

Pros

I like that I can incorporate photo images into self developed competency courses. I also like that courses that Media Lab already has that are available for competency and also CE.

Cons

Sometimes when in Course Builder, I struggle with downloading reference materials. Even when using the help button function, it is still with some difficulty.