USATestprep Reviews

USATestprep

Your Classroom Partner

USATestprep

USA Test Prep has been an integral tool in our classroom.

Pros

Teachers are able to choose what they want to integrate within their existing curriculum. There are many resources and activities to choose from. Teachers are also able to include their own teacher created items.

Cons

Misty, Thanks for taking the time to review us.

This is my go-to testing and test preparation platform. There is none better!

Students are better prepared for state-wide standardized testing. Also used for in-class testing in classes that do not have state

Pros

The platform is extremely easy to use and has all of my current standards pre-loaded. Additionally, the data is automatically extracted after testing so that I may review the data and determine what changes to my teaching/delivery I need to make. Creating, sharing, and editing tests is extremely simple and the test banks are vast. Extremely easy to use and extremely thorough!

Cons

I do not have any cons from my perspective. This is everything I wish from an on-line testing software platform.

The Best Tool

I am using it for Data Driven Instruction

Pros

It is aligned to the state standards and it has a Large selection of passages and questions. It also lets you manage data and progress monitoring.

Cons

I honestly do not have anything that I dislike.

I've never used a program I could so easily align to my state assessment.

Pros

Alignment to standards. Ease of assessment creation. Instantaneous feedback for students.. Videos and follow-up activities are already linked to standards for easy targeted differentiated instruction and remediation. Class creation is easy. The assessment data gives a strong picture of a whole class or any small group you create so you can fully remediate.

Cons

As a K through 12 school I didn't like that licenses had to be purchased separately for middle school and high school. Because it is a test prep program there isn't any content for my subjects which are not state tested.

Excellent Product

I love this platform. It has a lot resources to help teachers in all subjects.

Pros

USA testprep is an excellent product. It is a very helpful tool for planning and assessing students.

Cons

It does not provide lessons or PowerPoint for the standards.

Great for review and more.

Pros

Easy to access from anywhere and students like options like "retakes" on assignments.

Cons

Some settings are limited like sharing tests and practices from Assessments, which teachers could use to customize even more for students.

USAtestprep Review

Pros

My teachers' use this to help us with studying for state tests, Act's, and just regular tests. This software really helps you if you need help in a certain subject too.

Cons

What I least like about it is that sometimes it acts up if you don't have a really good connection to Wi-Fi or anything. And the website really seems to crash all the time in my area, at least just for me.

Specific common core lessons and practice, great tool for End of Year testing practice and prep.

Standardized test preparation and practice. Real time grading. Review suggestions, Class games

Pros

USATP is user friendly and kid friendly! The activities are fun and engaging but also informative. Users are able to see their progress in real time and USATP has a feature to show what needs review.

Cons

Some of the questions for the tests are confusing in their wording. I would like to be able to write my own.

Tabitha, Thank you for your kind review. Within USATestprep, you are able to write and add your own questions for benchmarks. If you find a question that is confusing, please submit a feedback and our team will review the question.

Test Bank

Pros

USATestprep is a great product that can be used for remediation and providing an assessment for students. More importantly, you can match the skill with the assignment. This is indeed helpful for teachers who are seeking ways to differentiate lessons with their students.

Cons

As with any testing platform, teachers must be careful with the question test spec. Some questions did not provide the rigor that matches with the expectation of the Common Core Standards- this note is especially evident in Science.

Barry, Thank you for your review. We appreciate your note on the rigor of science questions as well.

I have loved the customer support with USA Test prep, but we use the data differently.

Great data to pull, looking forward to see the updated Michigan Science standards and how the more interactive performance tasks align with NGSS.

Pros

I like the ease of use to build benchmark tests and also assign students their weakest areas to work on.

Cons

The ability to pull data to compare how students are progressing and growing and what I need to help students work (spreadsheets to pull and use to group students and move them to the next level).

Hi Amy, Thanks for your kind review. Have you tried using our Progress Reports to monitor student progress by standard? You can export some of this data too.

I have taught high school math for 10 years, and have used USA Test Prep most of those years.

Increased student achievement, alternative paths to student engagement, increased resources ready to hand. Seriously, lots of stuff.

Pros

The variety of questions is the best part. And how user-friendly it is. And how quickly the customer support folks will respond when needed. There is no just one thing that is the best.

Cons

I like everything about it, but the thing I like least, I guess, is that in some instances the questions go from way too easy to extremely difficult within the same assessment. Sometimes that can be a bad thing.

Neal, Thanks for your review.

USATestPrep

Pros

Standards-aligned activities and lessons that students can practice and are assessed on. I like that there are games and puzzles that help reinforce the concepts in the lesson. If I have a parent ask how their child can do some extra practice at home, I direct them to USATestPrep.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more variety as far as the games and puzzles go. Some more exciting and interactive games might be a good motivator for students to login and practice!

Zachary, Thank you for the feedback! We take all teacher suggestions to heart and I'll be forwarding your comments re: more game variety to our intrepid product developers. Thanks again -- we know teachers are busy and truly appreciate your time.

Great interactive resource for Keystone Literature test prep

Pros

The videos and interactive activities. Its not just straight up questions but performance tasks and various objective questions. It keeps my students engaged.

Cons

I would love to see a progress report for student grades by activity that they completed. When I have a student who was absent complete a group assignment after I have recorded grades I need to go into each activity to recored the grades. It would be so much easier if I could click on the student and bring up their grades for the group assignment all at once.

Excellent support

I use it to strengthen student learning and improve test-taking skills.

Pros

I have been using USA TestPrep to enhance student learning and improve test performance for more than 10 years. I like the interactive user-friendly aspects that are tied to specific skill enhancement and test practice.

Cons

The occasional errors found in text and answer choice and sometimes repeated questions.

This is one of the best remediation AND enrichment tools I have ever used.

The making of individual learning guides, the remediation possibilities that are tailored to the individual students, the countless questions in the test bank and the ability to make my own assessments.

Pros

I like the tiered testing, the constructed responses, while my students like the games. Students can also be remediated with an individual plan which differentiates their learning.

Cons

I have no complaints about USA Test Prep. I beg my principal to renew it every year. I also encorage my colleagues to make the most use of it because it is so effective.

Excellent product for use in the modern classroom.

Pros

USATP is aligned with our state standards. It is perfect for helping students prepare for state tests, but I also love it as a tool to help identify strengths and weaknesses for individual students (as well as to identify holes in our teaching methods).

Cons

I don't like that I can only share each class with one other teacher. We co-teach and we also work closely with SpEd.

Shelby, Thank you for your review. I agree about sharing a class with more than one teacher. This is something that will be changing in the future.

A Lifesaver for State Exams

Pros

USATestPrep provides an incredible amount of testing support for our South Carolina English I exam. My students find the games fun and great for review. I also love analyzing the multiple choice questions with the class to see exactly how test wording impacts student answers.

Cons

While the interface can be a little difficult to navigate, you can pick it up with one of their training sessions.

Alyssa, Thank you for your review. We now offer online training here: https://www.youtube.com/user/usatestprep/videos

Great with potential to be amazing

I get the benefit of being able to differentiate for my students based off of their individual needs.

Pros

It is standards based and I can pull just the standards I need. I love that I can monitor my students progress and differentiate based on their individual needs.

Cons

I feel like the GA History/8th grade SS could be more aligned to the standards than it is. It seems to mention items that are not in the standards which makes it hard to pull from like I have in the past (for 6th and 7th grade).

Hi Ashleigh, Thank you for your review. When you see an item that is not aligned, please report it to us using the feedback option in USATestprep. This will allow our team to review and correct the item. Thanks!

Easy, Love, User Friendly, the kids LOVE it!

I love the short videos and questions to help make connections with the content. I love the performance tasks that allow the kids to actually take part in the question and answer.

Pros

We love that this is the closest thing to the actual state test they will take and it truly helps to prepare them with the performance tasks!

Cons

Each teacher needs to be able to add a new student (in case of transfer) into the system. Otherwise we may have to wait several days for someone else to do it.

Leslie, Thank you for your feedback!

Review for Coosa High School English Department

Overall, USATestPrep has been a great tool to use in the classroom. The students benefit from it, and it helps teachers with preparing for our End of Course exams. I will continue to use this program as long as my school will allow me. It is a huge benefit to the way I run my classroom.

Pros

This software is teacher-friendly. The data that it provides has single-handedly helped me in differentiating instructions for my students.

Cons

Sometimes the questions repeat too often within assignments or assessments.

USA Test Prep will prep your Students!

Pros

This program has test like questions and performance tasks that will allow your students to be content ready and they will be testing format ready. It will give you data on your students' progress which will help you to know if you need to re-teach anything.

Cons

I have been using USA Test Prep for over 6 years now, and I have no issues with it.

Hi Leslie -- Thanks for the review and for 6 years of being part of the USATestprep family. We appreciate you!

Upping the Rigor and Standardized Scores

I loved implementing USAtestprep in my classroom. I used it for the past three years and saw my students grow accustomed to the rigor and grow deeply in their understanding of their learning standards and essential concepts. My classes especially loved playing “Battle Royals” for review.

Pros

The rigor, alignment to standards, access to immediate data, analysis of data over time, interactive games for individuals and small group...

Cons

Inputting your own test is arduous and time-consuming.

I have used USA test prep for many years and it is user-friendly and gives good formative data.

It allows me to help my students

Pros

It is great for milestone review. I especially love that you can add your class and then select what you want them to work on individually.

Cons

The printable's need to be updated. Some of the tests seem a little too difficult to me. We used the program for remediation and credit recovery, but many of the children could not pass the test and it broke my heart after they had worked so hard.

USA Test Prep is a teacher's best friend and a student's study partner. Love it!!

I get awesome data that helps drive my instruction. USA Test Prep has truly been a great tool for the classroom.

Pros

I love the data it provides. I also love that I can add my own standards based questions. This helps the data truly be reflective of the students learning.

Cons

I wish the videos were more engaging. I do however like that they are short and that it requires the students to wait a certain amount of time before answering.

USA Test Prep has taken my classroom to a level I've been trying to attain for years!

Instant feedback and great practice for the state exam.

Pros

Ease of use and support of tested standards. I appreciate how easy it is to choose activities for my students to do and they can easily get feedback. Once they have completed a set, we can home in on where they need the most assistance, making my job much more efficient.

Cons

Lack of ease creating my own test sets and glitches in retesting. The last time I checked, there was no way to organize "favorite" questions and short responses were not being saved for students to resume later.