Margill Loan Manager Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.62/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I like the ease of use and accuracy in computing interest and terms. The reporting aspect is great and provides all the information I need to close the accounting period.
We have been very happy with the software and the excellent support service and will continue to expand our licence as our business grows.
When I purchase software, the most important thing is customer service. On any given date, I can email, and I always get a response within 30 minutes, How wonderful is that.
The updates are a little expensive. You get what you pay for though.
The Document Merge feature has cut down our processing times by half.
The only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner.

Margill Loan Manager users...

Microsoft Excel-logocaret
listing-logo

Microsoft Excel

How would you rate Margill Loan Manager?

We have been using MarGill for over 4 years and are very satisfied with the services provided.

Pros

The software is user friendly and regular updates with new features are provided. It is very flexible to meet your business model and you can customize the reports to what you want to see. Usually there are pre-set reports in other softwares and I personally love this feature. They provide exceptional Customer Service. Questions and concerns are addressed right away. It is the Best cost to value software out there in the industry.

Cons

The only thing I gave 4 stars was at Features and Functionality, the software has improved a lot over the past years and our feedback and is always listened to and added on to the next update. Cust support and the team have been continuously evolving the software.

Ease of Implementation and USe

Exceptional - particularly due to the customer service and assistance.

Pros

Margill provides our organization with all the functionality we require with the comfort that nothing will wrong. Customer service and assistance is exceptional and provides assurance if there is any questions or clarification required as to usability or functionality.

Cons

Our methodology for calculating late interest required a work around. Would be nice to have this as a core capability of the software.

Thanks for this Michael. Glad you are enjoying the software. As for the calculation methodolgy, Margill follows laws and regulations and industry and accounting rules. I am convinced your clients and your accountants will appreciate this rigor.

Good product

Pros

The developers are easily reached to assist you with any problems with the program. It is backed by it's developer

Cons

The program is really expensive the cost could be lowered significantly though offering a standard fee

Thank you for the review. I do understand that you being based in Jamaica, the price may seem slightly high because of the currency exchange, but Margill is one the most affordable software out there starting at less than $2000. I'm a little surprised by your 3.5 stars. Seems because of the price...

Excellent software with great support

Pros

We have used Margill for 3 years to monitor our growing private mortgage and auto loan business. We have hundreds of loans under management. We are a family office with our own money at risk. We would not use a software product that didn't deliver the information we need. We have been very happy with the software and the excellent support service and will continue to expand our licence as our business...

Cons

Would like more video tutorials as we probably only use a fraction of the software's capability. We find video tutorials more effective than most manuals.

Thanks for the comment Steve. As for videos, we are starting our little collection which you can see in the Support Center: www.margill.com/en/support-center/. The Support Center also has our blog in which we regularly answer user questions. Many good questions in there!

Utilize software to administer 4500+ client mortgage files. This software has been exceptional.

Pros

Margill representatives have been very good with us. Pros are ease of entry of information onto the system, ease of creation of custom reports for export and merge(s), flexibility of the software/program providing options for subsidized loan payments, actual loan payments and ability to enter multiple interest rates and ability to change interest rates as well as the feature to have multiple loans under one client (borrower). We have been using this software since 2012 and it has been flexible enough to accommodate loans and mortgages with very specific idiosyncrasies. Any and all issues encountered with the software and/or system performance have been resolved in a timely/professional manner by Margill representatives.

Cons

We have experienced a few minor performance issues over the years, however, they have been dealt with and addressed satisfactorily in a timely manner each time with great support from Margill representatives. We have been able to access and use the software everyday since installation with any downtime being minutes to hours, not days. WE CAN NOT AFFORD ANY DOWNTIME WITH OUR LOAN SYSTEM.

Margill Loan Manager Has Greatly Improved Our Lending Processes & Reporting

After a year-and-a-half in use, I for one am very happy we selected Margill Loan Manager. Our workflow and reporting capacity is greatly improved with the Margill Loan Manager. We're generating amortizations for different repayment scenarios, including irregular payment schedules, on Margill now, which has given us tremendous ability to better serve our customers. The Document Merge feature has cut down our processing times by half. Moreover, we've customized reports to accommodate the requirements of the different shareholder entities and loan programs we administer.

Pros

Amortization, modification of payment schedule/amount, Document Merge, Accounting Entries and ability to export directly to our accounting software, ability to customize Reports, APR calculation and much more.

Cons

I wish we could further customize the "Detailed Tables" available for creating statements. Otherwise, I feel like I haven't really learned how to use all the available features yet.

Thanks very much for this Lindsay. For the "Detailed tables" (so the actual payment schedule in the Document Merge module), there are 14 templates and we can create others for our clients. What you can do on your own with any of the templates is change the header names, column widths and font size. We should probably eventually do another training session so you can learn even more. Thanks!

Margill is Great Value

Margill has been great and is a welcome option for us. It takes some getting used to but its value and functionality are what make the system work well.

Pros

The price, ease of use, and over functionality. It is right-sized for my company and has many great features such as a document merge and versatile customization.

Cons

How the information is presented takes some getting used to and there are some details of the system that do not agree with how the information should be presented or what is expected. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] offered several work arounds for us and we are looking at these options now.

Thanks for this Christopher. I'm curious to find out more about the information presentation aspects you mention.

Positive for the whole time we have used it

Simple, low cost solution. Great for a start up or small business to manage all types of loans. It has helped us grow out customer base substantially and keep clear records of all the transactions.

Pros

The ability to add-in unlimited fields for information gathering, record keeping and future analytics is really helpful. The calculations are correct and there are variations to the standard loan amortisation calculations which suites some alternate situations. Most of all we have really appreciated the high level of support provided by the Margill team and the low cost to implement and use the software.

Cons

Simply that is was a new system and therefore just navigating around it was a unique experience but if you can get used to all the shortcuts etc it is actually really simple. The main item we miss is the ability to access within a web browser as it needs to be hosted somewhere. The offset of this is you, the user, have more security of data.

A great loan management system

Margill has been hugely helpful for my firm, helping us to keep track each bespoke deal when our firm is growing at a fast rate.

Pros

Margill has all the main features we needed: the ability to book loans and equity deals, fees, build alerts and reports. It is great value for money. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at Margill has been a delight to work with, he has been incredibly helpful helping us adapt Margill to suit our firm.

Cons

It would be great if we could use Margill to calculate risk on our deals: principal repayment profiles for the portfolios, interest rate sensitivity analysis and credit analytics.

Thanks very much for this Alanna. We should discuss the needs your outilined. You can do quite a bit with "Equations"

We are a group of investors that buy loan pools...great loan manager for what we do....

Pros

Again, we are a group of investors that by loan pools. The program works very well for us. we like the simplicity of the manager and it's overall manageability of our loans.

Cons

Statements and reports are great...sometimes the printing alignment is an issue... The updates are a little expensive.... you get what you pay for though !

Excellent Software for Loan Management

Margill Loan Manager has simplified the way we manage our loans, saving us time as we don't have to create separate Excel amortization tables or go to a separate documents to post interests; we can keep all the loan information in just one place, and the information/reports are accurate. Great software and excellent customer service!

Pros

I love that this software is user friendly, easy to use, to learn and to manage the loan data.

Cons

So far, this software is perfect for our Company; the only inconvenient I have experienced is that when listing several payments due on the same date, the report only takes the first listed amount.

Thanks for this Arlyn. As for your issue, I think you are choosing the field called "Next Due Payment". The software looks for the next Due payment but can only take the first one it sees. We rarely see multiple Due payments on the same day - these would usually be combined to one due amount. We can talk about your particular need together and why you do it this way. Will call you.

Responding to our needs in Loan MANAGING. Very user friendly.

Help our co. to expand faster and help every department to improve quality work.

Pros

Affordable and easy to install . No bug and no high costs developping. Time for training was very low and everyone was happy to use a so powerfull tool.

Cons

Letters and documents should be improved as .doc instead of .rtf , but it is working like it is. We would have purchase this software many years before if we knew it was available on the market.

Thank you for this Mr. Desjardins. The good news, in our version 4.4 now being released, we have vastly improved the document merge module and can now merge to Word (and PDF of course) and can even include start-of-loan-to-date, year-to-date and previous reporting period data in your statements .

good product

Pros

Easy to customize the software yourself to meet your needs.

Cons

Hope it can eventually become an accounting system that specific in mortgage.

Thank you for the review Ms Zhu. Fortunately, Margill Loan Manager will never become a full-fledged accounting system since our core is mathematics and loan servicing capabilities. Don't forget, you can include your general ledger accounts in Margill and extract any accounting information from the system in seconds and export the data to QuickBooks, Sage, Excel, CSV and TXT formats. We can even customize to any other accounting package. If I am not mistaken, your were using TMO before switching to Margill...

The Margill team is very responsive and has demonstrated flexibility whenever needed.

Pros

Our company needed custom software that was difficult to find in the open market - we chose to purchase Margill which did not meet our exact needs out of the box, however, the team crafted a customized solution that has served us well. Cust Support and the team understand client needs and provide a personalized experience.

Cons

It would be great if the software evolved to have some more CRM functions in the future. Otherwise, as far as a loan management system is concerned, this is a good option.

The right fit for a small mortgage loan company like Financière Victoria

Pros

I can't imagine going back to an Excel & check protocol. Margill allowed our company to grow and streamline the process. It is very easy to use for me and my assistants.

Cons

The possibility to access the database remotely could be a must, especially in Covid time.

Thank you for this Maxime. As for access remotely in these special times, you can remote into your server (by RDP connection or other. We also offer Margill on the Cloud (Azure) as a service (SAAS).

The best customer service!!

Pros

The flexibility to handle multiple types of loans from promissory notes to leases. When I purchase software, the most important thing is customer service. On any given date, I can email, and I always get a response within 30 minutes, How wonderful is that!!!

Cons

Improvements need to be made in the custom report writer. I wish there were more standard reports available, as I don't have time to custom design.

Thanks for this Darla. You're putting pressure on us with the 30 minute support! Ouch ;-) We always try our best! As for reports, we do have standard templates for the most common needs, but reporting requirements from one company to the next range dramatically. That's why Margill includes over 1000 fields from which to create custom reports. Marc

This program is Great!! And Tech support /customer service have been A+++!

This program makes my business so much easier. The daily record keeping and reports are everything I need.

Pros

The program is easy to use and integrated so I only have to make entries once. The reports are great! When my server crashed Margill was right on top of saving all my data. I couldn't be happier with the program and the support!

Helped automate 2 significant customer payment processes

Automation of 2 manual processes for tracking customer loan payments

Pros

The software implements best practices and provides multiple ways to handle loans and customer payments

Cons

Integration with a mid-tier ERP system was complex and required some customization from the vendor to give us the information we needed

Transferred from very old software for long term receivables to Margill

Secure and accurate system for our long term receivables.

Pros

Cons

I do not have any dislikes in the system and am looking forward to when the Margill software will be fully interfaced with my general ledger.

Lovely customer service for inexpensive interest calculating software

Calculate interest on disbursements for a law firm personal injury practice.

Pros

The price for quality on this software is tremendous. We had quotes that were 4X as much. It's a simple software that basically anyone can learn. I have people with very little experience, learning how to calculate interest with this software. The customer service has been incredible and we were trained up incredibly quick. They respond fast when we indicate that we're having trouble and generally answer our question on the first response.

Cons

WE are loving this software!

We are very pleased with Margill. It has simplified our Loan accounting and helped us eliminate the need for many spreadsheet and data outside the software.

Pros

simplicity with so many advanced features and options, easy to learn, easy to export and makes accounting for loans a breeze

Cons

The only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner.

Excellent Software and Company

As a nonprofit lender, we make many different types of loans; Margill allows us to tailor the software to each scenario.

Pros

Margill loan manager is extremely accurate and easy to use.

Cons

It is well worth purchasing the training and setup assistance, as it takes a few minutes to become familiar with the program.

Easy to use loan management software

Great in-house loan management software.

Pros

Great price. Easy to use interface. Custom loan invoices. Very easy to get customer support when needed.

Cons

I don't have any complaints regarding this software.

Review for Margill Loan Manager software

The Prescott-Russell Community Development Corporation (PRCDC) has been using Margill Loan Manager software since 2013. With Margill, we can create reports for all our needs and the needs of our clients, whether for a general or specific report, with the huge field base, equation management, standard or tailored reports. The calculation tables (depreciation) are clear and very precise. Even tasks such as correspondence, databases, global calculations, individual calculations, and billing are done with ease. It is a user-friendly, professional software, and a charm. We would also like to note that the support of the Margill team was and is still phenomenal and on behalf of the SDCPR, we thank you.

Cons

Everything we need to manager our loan portfolio

We have been using MLM for about a year and we are extremely satisfied with the product. It does everything we need it to do, and more. The team at Margill has also been very helpful in helping us customize certain features of the product that we needed for our special requirements. With a portfolio of nearly a thousand loans it would have been impossible for us to manage our businesses without Margill. The service is excellent and we receive very timely responses to our requests and questions. No hesitation in recommending this product and this company.