ACE Reviews

ACE

Web-based debt collections & AR recovery software

4.5/5 (133 reviews)

Pros
  • Friendly from day one and always available. Great software which does everything you need and more at a great price.Paul R.Read the full review
  • Furthermore, it's the finest system of any agency that I had to audit for the bank. The automation capacity is amazing.Mark M.Read the full review
  • Reliable product, great selling point with prospects, keeps current clients happy and makes them self sufficient. Would recommend to others in the business.Melissa L.Read the full review
Cons
  • I have made some foolish mistakes and they do not judge. The support is always trying to improve so that they can get to all companies with problems.Sandy M.Read the full review
  • Finally a product that is straight forward and user friendly. No hassle, no down time, no worries.William M.Read the full review
  • He never makes me feel like an idiot when I make a mistake.TERRY S.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Matt Kiefer

Ace Collections Software

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Trial by fire when we first started. I want everything done yesterday and am always looking for ways to build it better. Years ago, training and learning the system was cumbersome and the learning curve was steep...so many ways to get from A to B...but now it is much better.

Pros
The ability to integrate and bring other vendors to the table, automated jobs to make your processes leaner, continuous innovation and staying ahead of the curve in technology and application.

Cons
Lack of examples that you can learn from and training on their analytics reporting tool. For instance, build a query the wrong way hooking multiple tables together can be a guessing game at times because the query will timeout or break. If you don't know SQL you could have a sharp learning curve.

John Brown

WebAR - Collection Software

Reviewed 2012-06-05

WebAR can definitely compete against some of the bigger systems on the market and they have several different packages depending on your size business. We looked at 20+ systems before picking WebAR. It was excellent for us because we started small and have since grown to a medium sized agency without the need for software / server changes etc to interrupt business. The automation has eliminated the need to hire extra resources and clients love the online access.

Pros
Most of all, our clients actually use it and love it and it cuts down on customer service (ie - if they want to report a pay direct, they just login and report it on the account instead of calling). Cloud based hosted solution, secure, ease of use, client portal, online payments, automatic payment plan & posting, flexibility, HIPAA compliant, automated workflows, SQL reports, scoring capable (ie - able to hold 5 scoring values per account and calculate different scores after each no answer, hangups, etc), batch dialer disposition importing, integrated skip trace capabilities, integrated credit reporting capabilities, sftp file upload/download portal, user role based permissions, account forwarding/tracking, and flexible custom forms you can create at will to fulfill any special need that you have.

Cons
Not many and they are minor ... payment remittance invoices to the clients are a little confusing on reversals/NSF for gross remit clients, requires an outside accounting program (ie - Quickbooks) to track outstanding client AR, only a couple of ready-made canned reports are available but other reports can be made on SQL, paperless document management automation (ie - uploading paper backup to accounts, account entry, etc) could be improved and they are working on that, no legal tracking but you can create a form to include any field you want plus they are working to integrate the forms across different clients, technical service staff availability limited to mostly email and sometimes on phone but they are US based and available in tight spots for emergencies. Again, none deal breakers and they are always improving ... with no upgrade fee!

Response from InterProse

¿
John,

Thank you for the wonderful review of WebAR Enterprise Debt Collection Software. You are definitely a WebAR POWER user, you push us and WebAR to the limits and beyond. It is hard to put into words what you and your business mean to us. We find our self's often saying in our implementations meetings "What would John do? or How does John do that?" You have helped shape WebAR into the World Class Debt Collections platform it is today.

We thank you!

I hope we have addressed your cons, with the addition of Trust Accounting & enhanced Invoicing and Remittance. We have also added the ability to electronically deliver your clients documents and reports.

If you have any other concerns please reach out to support at any time.

~ The InterProse Team

Stephanie Work

WEBAR? ACE? INTERPROSE?

Reviewed 2019-02-07

It has not create faster steps for collection reps. I do not feel adequate training was given for such a large intricate set up of our business.

Pros
I like the fact that accounts can be pulled into Excel easily.

Cons
There are too many steps when performing certain actions. My reps take longer on account due to the slowest of the system if the accounts have many bundles in them. I do not like the fact that reports are never accurate. I do not like the response attitudes or tines from service. I especially do not like constantly being told there is an extra charge for items or corrections especially when ACE created the report, or jobs etc.

Response from InterProse

Hi Stephanie,
We take any negative experience with ACE very seriously and will address your concerns directly. We pride ourselves on positive customer service experiences and will help you resolve any outstanding issues. Thank you for your business!

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Jason Rutkauskas

Great Product Poor Execution

Reviewed 2016-11-16

I have been running WebAr SB for over a year, this has been a great step up from what we had before. there customer Support is a bit lacking, seem to take several hours to get anyone to respond than takes several time to explain the issue. They seem like a great company just very overwhelmed. Also there is no extra help, if you have a questions you still have to go through the same support channel.

Pros
Cheap, Mostly Reliable, some cool features that saves time.

Cons
Make sure you have all your questions answered before you finish with training. Customer support very slow. No user manual, no outside explanation for anything..when an updates come out no fallow up on features.

Response from InterProse

Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to review our software and our support. We take our customer feedback seriously. I personally take it seriously. I have been working on utilizing new and more software to help my support department answer customer issues quicker and with more detailed information. We are in BETA right now with this enhanced support experience. We plan on going live with it on Jan. 1st 2017. I believe you will find our new and enhanced support very pleasing. It is not just one channel as you mentioned in your feedback but will incorporate many channels for our customers. Including online access to your tickets as well as potentially a knowledge base, Q&A, and a community for our customers to respond on ideas and issues. There are other things as well but we have not tested them yet. Which include Live online chat from the application. If you have further feedback or concerns please reach out to support.

Thanks Again,
Tim Monahan
Director of Software Support

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Mark Mastenbrook

WebAR is the most robust & impressive collection system I have ever used.

Reviewed 2017-08-25

Pros
It seems this system can be configured to do just about anything for A/R or debt collection management. I've been in the collection (1st and 3rd party) industry for 25 years. From a small agency to large 200 seat national agency; from buy here pay here lending to bank - This is the finest system I have ever used. Furthermore, it's the finest system of any agency that I had to audit for the bank. The automation capacity is amazing. It has functionality of which I haven't even scratched the surface.

Cons
A Con? No factor - there is no Con to this system. The only thing I can make a stretch in being a thing that I "like least" could be the set up time. But, if you're objective and are serious about getting the most out of the system - then this is not a factor for purchasing but a factor for planning and development. Because the time spent setting this thing up right on the front end - translates to time saved every day on things you no longer mess with because the system is doing it for you.

Response from InterProse

Thank you, Mark! We are very proud of our software and thrilled that your trust in our product and team has been such a great experience for you!

Amy Leslie

Attorney use for collections

Reviewed 2016-11-16

There are many functions that can only be used half way. Its like having peanut butter and no jelly in the house. I think that if you are going to say you have a capability then you should have it all the way. Examples.... You can write a check to your client but not your company for the commissions. You can keep a running trust account but have no way of balancing to the bank. But advertise full trust accounting. Admin can change the top of an account but others can not see the changes made. You can make 100's of letters batch up but have no way of printing them all at once. I was told by support to hire an outsource company. You have wonderful support but by e-mail only. Some things can not be explain in an e-mail. I have spent 50 emails explaining something that can take up to 5 minutes on a phone call. Spreaders can spread up to 6 buckets on the screen but will only spread 2 buckets when you take a payment. Just a lot of peanut butter with no jelly in the house. Overall the product has made a great impact on this office.

Pros
The ability to select a path of how we want every file handled. It does the work for us.

Cons
Only half of the perks work. You have to manually do the other half.

Chris A

WebAR user review

Reviewed 2016-11-16

We were forced into changing software providers due to unforeseen circumstances and had to make a decision fast. We reviewed several options vi phone calls and web demos and chose to go with WebAR. The implementations team worked with our Company to ensure Our WebAR fit our needs. They continued to work closely with us through conversion/upload of prior data and all aspects of implementation. We have found WebAR to be versatile as well as user friendly. If I had any criticism it would be regarding their Canned Reports and Dashboards. In my opinion, basic reports and dashboard information should be addressed, revised and made available asap.

Pros
User friendly and ease of Worklist and data movement

Cons
System Reports and dashboards need work.

Response from InterProse

Chris,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We value our customers feedback the most. We do have a basic set of canned reports. However we do have a robust suite of reporting tools. Like SQL report builder, WebAR Analytics, and recently enhanced our standard report builder. With thease tools the end user should be able to create any report they dream of. If the customer doesn't have time to build the reports them self's we do offer our services in creating any report you can imagine. The dashboards are a recent addition to WebAR. We are currently developing more dashboards including client dashboards. With the WebAR Analytics tool customers will be able to create there own dashboards in the future.

If you have any current reporting needs please feel free to reach out to support and we will be able to help you.

Tim Monahan
Director Software Support

FRANK PEP

BEST COLLLECTION SOFTWARE

Reviewed 2016-11-16

WE HAVE BEEN USING WEBAR FOR OVER TWO YEARS AND THE SOFTWARE HAS EXCEEDED ALL OUR EXPECTATIONS, WE WOOKED WITH MANY OTHER PLATFORMS AND FOR EASE OF USING THERE IS NO BETTER SOFTWARE ON THE MARKET THEN WEBAR

Pros
EASE OF USE

Cons
NOTHING

EVIE COWAN

SIMPLE USE

Reviewed 2016-11-16

A WONDERFUL SOFTWARE TO USE, MADE EASY AND WORKS WELL WITH OUR BUSINESS MODEL. SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND AND NAVIGATE.

Pros
MAKES FINDING ACCOUNTS EASY AND LOVE HOW REPORTS CAN EASILY BE OBTAINED.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Tyson Schaefer

Great product, Great Service

Reviewed 2012-06-05

Service is top notch and the techs are knowledgeable of the industry so they understand what you need and they get it done right the first time. Highly recommend this company

Pros
Webar has created services that have increased revenue and decreased time. The best of both worlds. The #1 Pro is the automated payments system allows my debtors to login and make partial payments, payment in-full or simply dispute their account. It automatically updates the account applies the payment and/or updates all credit bureau reporting. The ability to customize the flow of accounts myself and not having to pay to have custom programming has allowed me to make changes to how I work accounts without having to pay outstanding bills to get it done Clients love the fact that they can add accounts themselves and they don't even realize they are saving my agency money. Clients can also login to view their accounts and many times answer their own questions without calling our office.

Cons
The only bad thing, which really isn't a bad thing is I have to set time aside to actually contact my client to build the personal relationship, because they really never have a reason to call...

Response from InterProse

¿Tyson,
Thank you for the Great review of WebAR Debt Collection Software. We have been doing business with you for many years. You were customer #2 on WebAR Collections, you and many others have been key in WebAR maturing over the years. We really do appreciate you and your business. We look forward to many more years to come.

Thank you!

~ The InterProse Team

Sandy Slocum

WebAR review

Reviewed 2019-08-08

Customer service is great. Quick response times.

Pros
Very user friendly. Can be customized to meet our needs. Very good customer service. Love the work lists, as we did not have with our previous product.

Cons
It is more of a third party collection tool, and we are not a third party collection agency.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Sean Foody

WebAR Review

Reviewed 2016-06-10

The experience with the implementation team was great, however after implementation we were switched over to customer support and those folks need some classes on how to win friends and influence people. Typical IT support group, act like your bothering them when you ask a question or reply in a way that implies you are stupid because you didn't know how to do something.

Pros
Has all the features the collectors need to collect debts.

Cons
The dashboard could use work, we haven't gotten proper totals from the get go.

Leon Brownell

When it is working it is great, when it doesn't it is a nightmare.

Reviewed 2017-09-06

Pros
The automation when it is working properly.

Cons
We have been running WebAR for 4 years this Fall. I would say between years 2-3 we saw a definite fall off in customer support. Recently beginning this year, they have addressed this concern by hiring on additional staff and the turnaround although still in its infancy is greatly noticeable. Previously I would have to track and follow up with support as they would not keep me in the loop with updates or questions regarding my issues. This year has been a complete 180. Responses are timely, informative, and helpful. I rate customer support as a 3 because of the average of poor service in the past, but if this trend continues it would easily be a 5.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Troy Davis

Terrible

Reviewed 2016-04-14

I could not be any more disgusted with this company and some of their employees. First off, what we saw in the demo was NOT active after we signed their contract and we were told we would have to "upgrade". Their President Matthew apparently does not care about his customers or his reviews, more of a "do what you want, we don't care" mentality. Their tech agent Kyle Nelson is unprofessional and takes most concerns and complaints as a joke. Their software works when they want it to work and we had issue after issue. Their software is not user friendly and in my opinion is not collection friendly. More than 70% of the time we had issues logging in, setting up clients and never had the ability to run reports. Buyers Beware, they will make you feel like you and only you matter until you sign the agreement. I would never recommend these people to anyone.

Response from InterProse

As President of InterProse I would like to personally address Mr. Davis' comments. The InterProse team is professional, caring and focused on our client's success. A review of other Capterra Reviews suggests our customers agree, and that WebAR is a world-class product.

We are always happy to share references with prospective customers to address questions about our approach to engaging customers in their successful implementation of the software as well as their overall business success. With twenty+ years of experience in this industry, our team goes the extra mile to advise and guide each customer in the use of WebAR with the goal of maximizing their results.

If there were an event where we were in breach of a mutually agreed upon contract, I would gladly refund every dollar paid. In the case of Mr. Davis' interaction with us, such was not the case. If you have questions about this review, our product or our team, feel free to contact me directly at matthew.hill@interprose.com.

Tyson Schaefer

Finally a virtual agent that works

Reviewed 2015-03-21

Pros: Ammina is collecting even when were not open. Debtors login late at night and the payment is applied to the account that day. It s remarkable to sign in each day and see that we re already collecting money. Debtors can also login and dispute their debt, which loads the entire dispute right onto the account and updates credit reporting. Ammina walks debtors through a series of steps that make it easy to get what you need from the debtors without having to talk to them. All in all, this is a feature that pays for itself many times And she speaks spanish and english. Cons: None because you can set up the requirements. For example if you don't accept payments under $100 you can add that... or if you only accept payment in-full you can add that... or if you don't want debtors to be able to dispute their account you can stop that... If there ever is something you don't like about this product you can change it. Overall: Very highly recommend this product. If you've never had an employee that can work 24/7 and never gets tired, You don't know what you're missing out on.

Jennifer Turenne

Virtual Collector Increased our productivity

Reviewed 2015-03-21

We have been using the virtual collector for a number of years. We like being able to select the avatar for each of our portals and the text that they will "speak" to our consumers. The screens navigate through the process the way we want them to and can be modified as needed to accommodate changes in the industry. We have not had any complaints from our consumers indicating that they can't figure out how to use the service. The only negative we have found is that the voice of the avatar could be a little clearer on some words, so it is important to listen to your text as the screens are being set up to make sure that all the words are pronounced clearly and properly. Overall we are very pleased with the product and believe that it enhances our ability to recover our clients receivables.

Auntuell Mills

I used this product when it was still WebAR

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-03-08

Pros
I like this product as a way to keep organization within the company and liked that they we trying to improve the app to make it better.

Cons
Their customer support at the time wasn't the greatest, but i could tell they were looking for ways to improve. I do not know now what thier response time is.

Response from InterProse

Hi Auntuell,

Thank you for the feedback. You'll be happy to hear that since you used our platform we have tripled the size of our service department to make our response time even faster.

We've also continued to improve the platform with more integrations, business analytics, additional process automation, and a transition to Amazon's AWS cloud computing infrastructure, giving us and our customers the highest security and infrastructure compliance in the business!

All of these advancements are why we renamed WebAR to "ACE" - InterProse's Advanced Collection Environment.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Rick Bonitzer

WebAR - Look no further

Reviewed 2015-03-19

I looked, reviewed, and analyzed all software solutions in the ARM industry. All of the "big guys", all of the "next gen" platforms, ALL OF THEM. I received demos and pricing proposals on most and even engaged industry consultants to help me decide. I ultimately chose WebAR and encourage you to give them a look. The off the shelf framework of the product is very straightforward and not "over engineered". The pricing is "ridiculously reasonable" considering the features included. My staff all love the product. The support is excellent and their developers are first rate. Conversions are hell, no question about it. I'm glad I don't have to go through it again but my conversion to WebAR was the easiest one I've experienced. Cheers!

Nick Speth

Fantastic Product for Debt Collections

Reviewed 2015-03-23

We've been using WebAR for just over a year now, and in all that time, I've never once thought about making a change. The thing I love about WebAR is how versatile and adaptive it is. If I want it to do something, I can make it do exactly that. WebAR's structure and ability to specifically tailor how the accounts behave at any given time make it stand out for me. Recently we made a big change to how our accounts were handled by our collectors, and WebAR never missed a beat. I changed a few settings, set up a new job to run every day, and it worked perfectly. I wouldn't hesitate to recomment WebAR. It's just an amazingly useful piece of software for managing your collections accounts.

T H Burgess

Great Product....constantly changing to perfect an already good thing!

Reviewed 2014-07-17

Pros: No longer on site and must deal with back-ups, up-grades, etc. Userfriendly, well received by Collectors. Cons: Takes some getting use to by Admin, different way to analyze and breakdown admin tasks at hand, but do able. Interprose is very willing to help step by step through your transition and even after. New "Tweaks" are always happening to make the program better and better!!

Response from InterProse

Hi T H, Thanks so much for your great review. It's wonderful to hear that you've had such a positive experience using WebAR Debt Collection Software and it is meeting all the needs of PMC. We look forward to bringing you more great features and updates in the future. Best wishes, Tim

David Carden

Very Robust and feature rich software!

Reviewed 2016-06-09

We have been incredibly impressed with the number of features that WebAR offers. It became apparent very early that we will be saving a lot of time and hopefully money with how we will be able to automate the way we do a lot of our processes. I am very impressed with the customer service and the training. Kyle and Ben are great guys to work with. Kyle is an excellent trainer who works hard to make sure the training and implementation is very thorough. Ben is very fair in working with a company to get everything setup and established with WebAR. I look forward to many years of a great partnership with WebAR!

Sandy Muller

Webar software review

Reviewed 2016-12-01

this software is very functional and they are constantly upgrading to improve it. I have known Interprose for a long time and they are very helpful. I have made some foolish mistakes and they do not judge. The support is always trying to improve so that they can get to all companies with problems. The debtors can sign on our website and pay their debts online. We can also process credit cards immediately which is a big help. The software is very functional but hard to learn as I am still learning but once you learn it you will love it. This software is very efficient.

David Mecham

Reliable, functional, easy to get up and running,

Reviewed 2012-06-12

Secure, stable, feature rich collection software with excellent support and reasonable pricing.

Pros
Excellent payment integration. Near zero down time. Responsive customer service. Open to client input.

Cons
Main collection screen needs streamlining. Client access screen needs overhaul.

Response from InterProse

Hi David, Thanks so much for your great review. It's wonderful to hear that you've had such a positive experience using WebAR Debt Collection Software and it is meeting all the needs of Titan Revenue Solutions. We look forward to bringing you more great features and updates in the future. Best wishes, Tim

Nicola Henry

WebAR software experiences

Reviewed 2015-04-01

There are many pro's about the WebAR software experiences, but my favorite are the user friendly options that are provided. It's easy to navigate thru the menu options which allows me to run reports and provide detailed information to my staff which ultimately makes us more efficient. My overall impression has been remarkable, the software has provided our company with tools that we cannot seem to do with out. I continue to be impressed with all the upgrades they have made because I know that their number one priority are there clients.

Ashley Eichelberger

Our experience with the WebAR team and the software has been phenomenal!

Reviewed 2015-04-01

We have been using WebAR for almost 3 years now and have had only a handful of down times. The team is very quick to help with any issues and give a time frame to complete any requests. The system is very customizable and with most options we are able to make changes on our own. The payment system and reporting is very detailed and it is quick and easy to walk through setting up any reports we need. WebAR is very efficient for our team and has helped us keep our labor cost down while taking on new clients every month.