BiT Dealership Software Logo

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

marinago
smart-waters

My experience has been good with the software and great with the customer service team from BIT.
Easy of use, awesome support!!! Not a computer expert, works great for my buisiness.
Its easy to use, very good customer support, its allowed us to be more efficient in our work routine. We only use two of their modules and have plenty of room for growth with BIT.
We are a Canadian company and there is no option to auto populate Canadian Postal codes. Every time we put one in it pops up with a warning that address can not be found with this zip code.
Report writing is very hard to do unless you have been taught and do it regularly. Hard to learn new features as training is expensive and hard to get.
You're billed per user, making it costly for small operations, and more difficult to use the system as intended with scheduling and the calendar feature.

RF

Ray F.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Great program and well worth the money

I've worked in the powersports industry for 13 years. The two previous dealers I worked at used Lightspeed NTX and EVO. I opened up my own shop four months ago, and I was initially really leaning toward Lightspeed. I did demo's with four DMS programs while shopping for a DMS, and I really liked the features ofn BiTDMS. Funny thing is that this was the program I was least interested in demo'ing...

Pros

The parts and service side is what really sold me on BiTDMS. The ability to set your parts markup automatically by vendor makes it super easy to make sure you're maximizing profitability. The ability to make service job descriptions makes repair order write up much quicker because of the ability to automatically fill out job descriptions by clicking on one menu item rather than typing it all out.

Cons

No cons at all for me. The parts and service invoicing is totally different than Lightspeed and other programs I've used in the past. Basically everything including labor is treated like a part. Once you get that in your head and used to that it's easy peasy.

Thank you so so much Ray!! This is an awesome review, thank you for taking the time to write it. Please let us know if you need anything at all!

BH

Bruce H.

Long Time User

Pros

Ease of use, economical, Cloud-based. Flexibility to use in any location.

Cons

Not being able to sell a serialized piece of inventory on a work order.

Bruce, I'd like to thank you for being a BiT customer for more than 7 years. We really appreciate your kind words and the constructive criticism! I'll certainly send this over to the product management to team to be prioritized!

GB

Gil B.

Clunky Program- Customer Service is AWESOME

Learned what I need and what I want from the next software we choose. ****Update- Bit has stepped up and is addressing our issues. They have resolved one issue and are working on the others! Thank you Bit!

Pros

Interchangeable parts, alt number use, open work order look up, work order task separation. pick list import for invoices. ****UPDATE- Since my original review Bit has really stepped up and looked into many of our concerns. They have resolved the issue with motor information when looking up work orders. They are also working to resolve the other issues we are having. I would say that Bit does listen to the concerns and issues of their customers and does work to make their software better.

Cons

Not being able to use the same part number from different vendors. Persona allows you to have the same number from different vendors it just opens a screen that you chose which vendor part you wanted.****(This issue was resolved)- when you put a motor in multiple WO for same customer and you need to quickly look up the order you have to have the WO# because it does not list the motor numbers in look...

Gil, Thank you for letting me know you are having difficulty, and for El Dorado Cycle and Outdoor Equipment being a customer for almost 3 years. Enhancement to address the engine info in the work order lookup has been in process and will be in the next update. BiT doesn't allow the removal of parts from an invoice for internal control purposes, but I see how you would want to remove a part before...

BN

Barb N.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

BIT Software in the Marine Industry

Pros

The software truly helped us get organized and streamlined- you can easily see past services and records as well as track progress of current jobs.

Cons

Manually entering all the inventory- however this would need done with any program but this is very time consuming!

Hey, Barb! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we really appreciate it! Thank you for being an awesome customer for the past 6 years - we really value your feedback. Entering inventory when you're first getting set up during your initial onboarding can be time consuming if you don't have a data import to begin with. If you've got a data import from an old system (or even a spreadsheet) it can be a breeze! If you're talking about entering inventory into a different part of a the system, support may be able to help streamline your process. Go ahead and give us a call - we'd love to talk to you about it! Thanks again!

TB

Tasha B.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Software that works

Pros

We implemented this system at the beginning of the year and it has just helped so much. With having multiple locations we can view stock at each individual store as well as company wide. Our technicians now have an easier time locating work orders. Finding parts in our store has never been easier.

Cons

Tasha, Thank you for the kind words! We love that it's working out so well for you all. Thank you for the great feedback as well! We really value this from our customers and we listen. I'll throw this over to the product development team to have it prioritized. Kind regards,

jk

jon k.

Retail, 11-50 employees

very long term user, like the system but hard to learn

Pros

inventory management & work orders does what we basically need but know there is much more it can do but don't know how to implement. accounting is working fine.

Cons

report writing is very hard to do unless you have been taught and do it regularly. hard to learn new features as training is expensive and hard to get. user manuals to my knowledge are limited.

Jon, Thank you for your review and feedback and for being a BiT customer since 1999! Best regards

TM

Traci M.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

BIT review

Very good overall. Just a few quirks.

Pros

Moving around the tabs and transfer to quickbooks with ease.

Cons

Certain features in editing Invoices and understanding and using packages.

Hey, Traci! Thank you so much for writing us a review! Your feedback means a lot to us. If there's anything in the system that isn't making sense to you, please don't hesitate to reach out to support - it's what they are there for! If you would like, I could have a support team member reach out to you - please let me know. Otherwise, thanks again for being a great customer!

EH

Erin H.

BiT works great

Pros

That all my departments can communicate and I can access it from anywhere!

Cons

It gets a little complicated by how many choices you can use to customize your reports. Sometimes less is more. But they do have a good team to help you through it!

Hey Erin! Thank you so much for your review! We're here if you need anything at all!

KG

Kristin G.

Love this program

So far it has been great. Customer service ha been amazing and the setup staff did a great job as well.

Pros

It has made our process more seamless and easier to maintain

Cons

Sometimes the reporting is hard to figure out for custom reports. I wish that the standard reports lined up with more of what I need

HL

Heidi L.

User Friendly DMS

I've used many different DMS systems in the last 15years, and this one has to be the easiest one I've encountered.

Pros

BiT is web based! No need to download, can open on a browser. Even if you haven't had training, the system is easy to navigate.

Cons

No accounting in BiT. Which is also a reason I like BiT. So 50/50.

Thank you for the kind words, Heidi! We're here if you need us!

KP

Kyle P.

Maritime, 11-50 employees

5-Stars

Overall, I would highly recommend this software (and have before!) to other marine and powersports dealers. It fits our needs, and truly encompasses our whole dealership from Service Department, our Sales team, to our Parts Department.

Pros

Easy interface to navigate. It makes employee on-boarding easy, reports are simple, but well structured, and you cannot beat BIT's U.S. Based Support Team. While the software gives our organization every tool we need to conduct business, having exceptional support team behind the software is what we love about doing business with BIT.

Cons

No matter the business, updates and improvements are always happening. BIT is always looking for better ways to improve on their software. One feature we have inquired about several times now is introducing the ability to create a "Drop Down" List of Locations under the "Inventory Update" screen. It would be a true game changer to be able to pre-input all your company's locations, and then have a...

Kyle! On behalf of all of us here at BiT, thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write this awesome review. It's been a pleasure doing business with you all for the past 7 years. Thank you for the fantastic feedback as well! It's great ideas like this from customers like you that help us keep our fingers on the pulse of what our customers need. I'll get this over to product management ASAP!

KP

Kristina P.

It's been a "bit" rough.

Pros

The only thing I can say that I like about this software, is the email feature. But we're making due with what we have because we have already invested in this.

Cons

You can only have one customer name & email on an account, therefore if you have customers who share ownership of their vessel, only one can be named. One-off parts/services mess up accounting and inventory and cause more headache than it does help. You have to pay a additional fee to get the Map feature for slips. You're billed per user, making it costly for small operations, and more difficult to...

Hey Kristina! Thank you so much for taking time to give us this feedback. We're dedicated to bringing a great experience to our users and we're disappointed to hear that your time with us hasn't held up to the high standards that we have here at BiT. As always, the support team is here to help you with any issues you may have. Also, please let me know if you would like for someone from product management to reach out to you about your concerns. Thanks again!

KT

Katelyn T.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Would recommend!

I started with Bit about 5 months ago for our golf cart dealership and have seen such an improvement in our business. We're a small company and I was looking for a system that is made for a golf cart dealership and I found it in Bitdms. The support and organization in Bit has been a huge step from use Quickbooks. Took about a month to train and implementation. Between the parts, service and sales end...

Pros

I love the customer support. Aside from customer support, I find the flow of each the sales and service are easy to use and efficient. Just about everything is linked and makes it easy for the user and the customer.

Cons

I wish the reports were a bit easy to use for accounting.

Hey, Katelyn! Thanks again for these reviews, we really appreciate it. Please let us know if you need anything.

PD

Patrick D.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

I love my BiT dealership software!!

My main problem was tracking where work orders were in our process. Now I can look at any customer and see exactly where they are in our process.

Pros

It makes business so much easier from start to finish and then tracking where invoices are in our progression.

Cons

I disliked how to look up previous work orders until I figured out there was an easier way by checking with customer service. Once I learned it, no cons at all.

Hey, Patrick! Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad the support team was able to help you figure out a better way to look at things. We're always here if you need us! Thanks again!

VV

Vickie V.

Cumbersome and inefficient

Inventory tracking is good . Point of Sale features are ok.

Pros

Equipment tracking from inventory, to sale to maintenance is good when used properly. Pre-installation training could be improved.

Cons

Reports , A/R functions, inventory maintenance. The developer should have consulted with someone in the accounting industry.

Vickie, Thank you for your feedback. I would like to hear more about what reports you aren't able to create using our custom report builder so that we can help you get the information you want. Also, I checked and you never took advantage of the free online training hours we offer. Please let us know when you want to schedule that. We should talk about your challenges with accounting. Our...

SK

Scott K.

Maritime, 11-50 employees

When looking for software we looked for ease of use, value and customer support, got it all with BiT

Pros

Ease of use and customer support have always been a key feature. We have fast turnaround on all support requests. We look at the support team at BiT as part of our team and all we have to do is make a quick phone call to get that support. BiT has offered the dealership a way to expand our data base and have quick turnaround on finance deals and over the counter sales. Inventory management has also been taken to the next level. Actually being able to see what parts we have in stock and what needs to be ordered has increase efficiency and saved money by not have too many overstock items.

Cons

Really not many cons, being web based can have issues with internet disruption but that very rarely occurs, mostly during major storms. Biggest thing we see is not being able to use the entire program, there are a lot of features we currently do not use but are working towards implementation.

Scott, Thank you for the detailed review. Best regards

GL

Greg L.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Bit Software Review

I have used BIT software for over 15 years and have been very satisfied with the support I get and the improvements that are always being made.

Pros

What I like best is that I can easily make work orders and bill out jobs. Also, I can keep an eye on my inventory and export orders easily.

Cons

Taking physical inventory seems more complicated than it should be. Just saying....

Greg, Thank you for taking the time to write this review and thank your being a great customer for 15 years. We really appreciate and value the feedback. We're always looking to innovate and improve. A great way to do that is by listening to our valued and loyal customers like you. We would love to hear your detailed thoughts on the physical inventory process and what your thoughts are on streamlining it. If you would like, I can have a member of the product management reach out to you so you can speak to them about your ideas. Let me know! As always, if you need anything else you know where to find us. Thanks again!

JS

JENNY S.

Maritime, 1-10 employees

Complete management software for a great price

Bit is a full service DMS Cloud based so I can see my business from everywhere! And there is not a huge upfront cost. This was a huge factor for us. I recommend BIT to anyone looking to upgrade and streamline their Marine software.

Pros

The bit system has allowed us to integrate our Boat Sales Service and retail store into one system. Plus it integrates with Quick books. Bit loaded all of our vendors and products into the system. Huge time savings! We now have an accurate Inventory. Bit makes it easy. Pricing tabs allow us to make instant decisions in regard to profitability. I can see when pricing a boat all my costs and profit margin. Plus Bit support is outstanding! They respond very quickly, research issues and follow up with better ways of working with the system. Adapting to new software is hard but Bit makes is easy and painless.

Cons

The only reason I didn't give Bit 5 stars and "Ease of use" is because it's hard to adjust to new software. I's not a problem with them. I just have to go over it a couple of times. But the software support is happy to go over the same thing with me as many times as I need it.

Jenny, On behalf of our Support team I want to thank you for your business and for the kind feedback. The team works really hard to get new businesses up and running and to help you grow with the software as well as tending to issues as they come up. It's really nice of you to recognize them and their earnest efforts to help. Thank you, Ed.

JN

Jason N.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Best business decision we made! Easy to use software, excellent customer support.

Helps make our business run more efficiently.

Pros

Automatic backups, automatic import of parts pricefile updates. Easy to use, easy to customize to our individual needs.

Cons

Having to re-type user id switching between service and parts side, then again to open invoice or work order. Will not open cash register. When you have an existing customer and they have a change in address or phone #, if you update the info it will not transfer over until you get out of invoice and reopen it.

Jason, Thank you for the thoughtful review. I will have someone follow up with you regarding the cash drawer. Also, the prompt for user ID is a setting. Let us know if you want us to turn off the prompt. Thanks and regards

RY

Richard Y.

Sporting Goods, 51-200 employees

Help with forms

Pros

To be honest price, otherwise we would look at others.

Cons

Help with creating documents to be used

Richard, On behalf of all of us here at BiT, I'd like to thank you for partnering with us for over 20 years. We value you as a customer and would like to remedy any problems you may being experiencing with forms. As you may know, BiT creates and maintains government deal forms like title A and registration documents at no charge. If you have anything that needs to be updated, please let our support team know. If there is another issue you're having, we would love to hear from you and will do our absolute best to try and correct it. Kind regards The BiT Team

SB

Sam B.

Very Pleased with our Decision to go with BIT

Pros

Cons

They only offer one credit card integration option. Unable to attach a contract to an email. If we have an outstanding invoice and changes need to be made, it takes an additional five to six steps to go in and add the additional items. Its not a quick and easy fix to complete it.

JN

Jon N.

Retail, 11-50 employees

BIT is a solid and reliable business system with the best parts and service modules i have seen.

Pros

Stable and reliable. BIT almost never crashes which is not the case with several of their competetors. The system is flexible enough to allow businesses to use it in the way that best suits them.

Cons

Major unit/Sales f&i module needs work. Sometimes we encounter issues with the system when it gets really busy. A great system for small to medium dealerships.

Jon, Thank you for the review and the thoughtful feedback. If you are interested in upgrading your sales, quoting and lead management capability, I encourage you to take a look at our newer cloud version. Thanks and regards

Amanda R.

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Great Customer Service

BIT has great customer service. They are very helpful and prompt with requests.

Pros

The reports help the most with bookkeeping.

Cons

Wish there were other features available for my business. We need an online booking/calendar.

Hey Amanda! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We really value your feedback - it means a lot! Thank you for your idea about the service calendar. I'll be forwarding this over to the product management team as soon as possible! Thanks again for being a great customer!

LC

Lee C.

Great tech support

The learning curve for this product is kind of steep but as I learn to use the features we have been able to integrate it more and more in the business. It has enabled us to streamline some of our processes.

Pros

When ever I need assistance from tech support, they are very knowledgeable and helpful. Most of the time there is zero wait time.

Cons

Their documentation is a bit sparse but the top notch tech support compensates for this.

BL

Brian L.

Best Value in the market

Pros

Cons

I have none, this system works great and support has always fixed an issue that I create.

Brian! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write us this great review! We look forward to many more years of working together. Please continue to reach out if you need anything!