All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

ElephantDrive

Secure cloud data storage & syncronization

ElephantDrive Reviews

I use ElephantDrive to backup all my date and work on the go!

Pros

I love how seamlessly it syncs to all my devices and is accessible from anywhere. I work on the go and in many different locations. It also instructs how to use the software very easily, which helps me a lot because I'm by no means tech-savy. I feel secure knowing my data is protected.

Cons

I had some initial trouble using it with Android, but then almost immediately after I ended up switching to Iphone anyway, so when I downloaded the app on ios it was totally fine

Thanks for posting - we will look into the problems you experienced with our Android app, but are glad to hear that it sounds like you are up and running on the iPhone app.

I back up everything in my life with Elephant Drive - it never fails me!

Pros

While I love the automatic backup function, the Elephant Drive Everywhere feature is my lifesaver. I've been far from home and needing to remember some small detail - whether it be a medical record, or something even more personal that no one else would have access to, and Everywhere is there for me. One good story of ElephantDrive Everywhere coming through for me happened when I found myself near...

Cons

It took me a little bit of learning to get used to the UI. They could have a better start up or tutorial process.

Excellent - glad you are getting value out of ElephantDrive. We will keep working on improving the UI to make it easier in the future.

Back up your files

Pros

Backed up files fast once the steps were followed More than one user Works with multiple devices Fast connection

Cons

Not user friendly Too many steps needed to back up the information compared to other products Costumer service took long to respond

Hi Monica, Thanks for your candid feedback. We apologize for any delay in our support response and will work to improve that in the future. We would be happy to offer you a credit or some additional bonus storage to make up for it - just reach out to feedback@elephantdrive.com and reference this link if you are interested. Thanks, ElephantDrive

Elephant Drive gives me total peace of mind. No more worries about hard drive crashes!

Peace of mind.

Pros

Multi-device backup all within one account. I have two computers plus my phone backed up to the cloud and the files are sync'd between them. If I add a NAS then backup for that is included too.

Cons

It does file sharing very well but isn't designed for collaboration as much as some other programs. This does make sense though since ElephantDrive is more for cloud backup of all my files than for anything else.

Thanks for your feedback! In addition to protecting you from hard drive crashes, ElephantDrive protects from ransomware and natural disasters too. We appreciate your use of ElephantDrive and for sharing about your experience.

Simple, yet powerful with an easy to use interface

Pros

ElephantDrive can backup files to the cloud and synchronize files between computers. Another great feature is the ability to synchronize across different platforms and devices through mobile apps for every device.

Cons

The biggest con has to be the file size limits. Currently there is a 1 GB file size limit (5 GB for business plans). I would love to see this increased.

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review and for your candid feedback. One important note - while we still do enforce individual file size limits, we are increasing them over time and already allow larger files than you note in the "cons" section. Current personal plans support files up to 2 GB and current business plans support files up to 15 GB. If you are seeing anything else, please write to us at support@elephantdrive.com (it could be that you are somehow on a legacy plan). Looking forward to helping you back up larger files!

Very competitive in price and features to more well known storage solutions.

It is hard to decide between Elephant Drive and Dropbox. I get much more free storage with Dropbox, but all in all, I prefer the interface and reliability of Elephant Drive. Especially on th eAndroid app.

Pros

The price is competitive. And it works at least as well as Dropbox for my incremental backups. I think it wins on the syncing side. Just seems more reliable in that respect. They had a free trial so I could play with it and see how it was. I liked it. I'm not sure if it is just me, but the android app does seem faster and easier than Dropbox.

Cons

I wish file size didn't have limits, so I can backup large backup files. That seems pretty universal though.

Thanks very much for your review - both the positive remarks and the candid feedback about file size. Please feel free to message us directly via support@elephantdrive.com. Depending on the file sizes you need supported, we may have special plans that can help.

this is a cloud storage service that allows its users to perform data backups in a scheduled manner.

Pros

it is nice this service runs on both Windows and Mac platforms, and allows users to create simple automated rules for protecting data by moving it into an ElephantDrive account.

Cons

the least i like about is that ElephantDrive doesn't offer an unlimited plan. so you have to add that plan because the competitors offer unlimited backup.

Hi Moises - Thanks for the feedback. We want to address your note that we add an unlimited plan since it's an important issue and relevant to others. We found there are 3 ways to offer "unlimited": 1) unlimited capacity with other limitations (e.g. limit number of devices, transfer speed, file types, etc.). This seems like deceptive marketing - promises unlimited, but imposes practical limits. 2)...

Good solution to NAS backup

Pros

I have a Qnap Nas and needed a good way to backup the data an Elephant drive seems to do the job and take little management to get things setup

Cons

Pricing is a little more money than others, wish it had a desktop restore client to restore files locally.

Hi - thanks so much for your feedback in the Capterra review. One important note that might address the concern in your "cons" section - we do actually have a desktop client for restores (and you can use it to back up the desktop or laptop). This is part of the plan and has no additional costs. Also, we have mobile apps for iOS and Android, also free to use. We would be happy to help you get the desktop client set up and running. Just shoot us a note at support@elephantdrive.com.

A life saver!

Pros

Super simple to use and really enjoy it was able to learn a very quick and its very reliable to me. Feel confident that everything is working well as a backup

Cons

Thanks so much for the positive review - we really appreciate it and are glad you are having a good experience.

Works Seamlessly Across Multiple Systems

Pros

It's super reliable, integrates really well with multiple platforms and offers cloud accessibility as well as file sharing.

Cons

It's not the most affordable option, but likely offers the most features compared to similar software.

Great customer support, great features, but it needs to improve Linux (RedHat) version

Pros

I choose this service because it covers almost all my needs ad it works on Linux, which is a must for me. Some others offer the same features but don't have linux support

Cons

1. File size limit 2. According to logs it looks like it's excluding some file types from backup, I don't remember this restrictions from the documentation. In any case, if I use a backup system I want all files to be backup up, it's up to me to select which files types to inculde and what to exclude

Love this product!

Pros

Amazing and functional cloud storage program that works flawlessly! I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for reliable cloud storage.

Cons

No cons! Great software and absolutely no complaints. I would compare this to other cloud softwares like icloud.

Great product

Pros

We really found this software easy to use and very versatile with lots of different options to meet all our needs.

Cons

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. Let us know if there are any new features or tools you would like us to implement.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.