All categories

Breeze Reviews

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly and the ability to customize for our needs is excellent.

Marguerite M.

It was built for churches. It also had a great text to give feature and a wonderful event calendar feature that is easily and beautifully embedded on a website.

Shaelina H.

Our whole team is so very grateful for Breeze. Their customer support is FAST and HELPFUL (and very friendly).

Harley P.

Cons

I can not think of anything that we dislike about the software.

Stacie G.

I still have trouble navigating the system as they have their own language around organization tools.

Jon K.

We have yet to cancel it because we still need its check-in system for Children’s Ministry.

Daniel E.

Works well for our needs.

Transcript

Justin R: Hey, I'm Justin. I work at a church and I am a youth pastor, and I'm giving Breeze a five rating....

Solid Choice but lacked a few key features

Transcript

Andrew: I'm Andrew. I'm a pastor in the United Methodist Church. And I give Breeze a five out of five....

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Great product and excellent customer service - WIN!

We are able to track our members and visitors with ease. The calendar feature allows us to track attendance, volunteers, and works well with our website, and other media. The online giving has made data entry so much easier! I highly recommend this product. I worked with another company for over 10 years, and thought they were the best. Breeze changed my mind. They by far have been the best solution for our church software needs.

Pros

The software is easy to use for both staff, and church members. It has features that allow us to work with other software programs we already use. The online giving portion is my favorite! It was an easy transition from our old church software and from our online giving software. The support team has helped me figure out creative ways to use the software, and they always respond quickly to my requests.

Cons

I wish it had church financials built in.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Overall a great investment

Overall I have found Breeze ChMS to be a valuable resource for our church and well worth the monthly fee. I would highly recommend trying it if you are at all curious. The support is very good, which helps with the learning curve.

Pros

It's great for tracking attendance, kids min sign in and sign out. It functions as a church directory for us, but is a little clunky for that. Once set up this software service works really well for a small to medium sized church. We haven't used the giving section of the service, but it looks really solid. Overall this is a really good solution for a church that wants to track attendance, giving and some communication aspects.

Cons

It was a bit of work to get set up and understand, but their customer support is excellent and they are very willing to help you. I have found it difficult to access the data I want at times, such as clarifying who was at what events/gatherings. It's not a straightforward or simple process to access information, such as who was at a certain event, and takes several steps and even then isn't clear if it's the actual information I'm looking for. In other words, it's not always user friendly.

Breeze ChMS can't be beat - Especially for small churches

Overall, it was a relatively easy transition from Shelby V5. My ministry assistant has become somewhat of a Breeze guru.

Pros

The price is unbelievable. Breeze may not have all the features of the big dogs, but it can hold its own with the key features that small churches will need.

Cons

It does have it's feature limitations, so we often submit feature requests, and they are very responsive, but must prioritize the requests that come in to them. And our don't always get addressed promptly.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

A product who's name actually fits

Pros

Lots of features, that actually work. It's affordable and I can understand what I need to use the product.

Cons

I wish the text feature could be bi-directional instead of just outward.

Excellent Product with GREAT Customer Service and always innovating

EXCELLENT. I recommend Breeze to everyone I can - they are super competent and super helpful, a GREAT combination in information technology.

Pros

Super intuitive, organized, easy to use for reporting & communicating, always improving, and GREAT customer service. When I have a question about how to do something, I get an answer within the hour - not within the week. And on those rare occasions when they don't currently have a tool I need, they send me a link to request a feature. Great company, I can't wait for them to roll out their next component!

Cons

I wish Breeze had an accounting platform that could replace my QuickBooks. Breeze understands the needs of churches and non-profits, so I appreciate their take on managing our information.

Breeze For Churches

Breeze keeps all our information in one place: church directory, giving, managing volunteers, calendar events, and attendance. Plus it works well with our website and facebook groups too.

Pros

Breeze Chms is an absolute easy-to-use church management system for staff and church people. We can track attendance, issue surveys, plan programming, manage volunteers and evenmore. The church people have access so it's also our church directory. I've experienced excellent customer service. There are trouble-shooting pages but if I cannot find my answer, I inquire and receive an answer that same day.

Cons

The only con would be the monthly fee. It adds up over time, but that's the only complaint that I might have.

Great Church Software

Overall, it has been a great experience. The ability to have our pastoral staff access the database when they need to without paying an extra fee for each little feature is very nice.

Pros

It is easy to find and update church members' profiles. We are using it to make life easier for the whole church.

Cons

One of the items I wish would have transferred from our previous platform was the attendance records. We no longer have a clear record of when people were at church or when their profile was created, they are all set for the date the info was transferred.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Affordable and somewhat user friendly

Great experience, friendly staff & somewhat easy to navigate.

Pros

Great way to keep and share information all in one place.

Cons

It’s missing some things that would be helpful, but they are open to adding them if enough people need them.

Breeze ChMS is a breeze!

From day one Breeze has delivered on its promises. The product is easy to use and integrates beautifully with our website and mobile app.

Pros

Integration was seamless. User friendly and captures information without any issues. The best church management system I have ever used.

Cons

I am so happy to say there are no cons with Breeze.

I love this product!

Overall we are satisfied with this product.

Pros

This system is easy to use and customer support is great!

Cons

It's an industry standard, but when sending text messages through the system, you are limited to 160 characters including punctuations and spaces.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

I will never go back to another church management software

In my ministry, it is vital to have access to contact information and to know who has and who hasn't been attending so that we can follow up with them. Breeze makes this, literally, a breeze!

Pros

-Easily look up church attenders by a variety of search fields (including age, grade, membership status, etc.). -Easily take attendance for events and check-in children with the check-in system. -Quickly create a report to show who has or who hasn't attended in a specified period of time (great for follow up! -Not overly cumbersome. Other softwares that I have looked at are less user friendly and harder to learn. This one gives us all the features of the other ones without the learning curve. -Integrates with MailChimp -Easily download lists of each tagged group with contact info and more. -The price is amazing. We were paying exponentially more on another church management system and getting much less out of it than we are with Breeze.

Cons

-Since it is web based, the load times can take a little longer than I'd like (but I'm talking extra seconds, not minutes). -I've had an issue when trying to change the time of a recurring event--for some reason it only changes one specific instance instead of all of them, but that could be user error.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Make your data usable and easy to access

Breeze has been a wonderful company to work with. Training new people to use it has been so easy. We are extremely happy with this software.

Pros

I like many things about this product. For contributions, it is so easy to track giving and to teach others how to input the data. Reporting is quick and easy. Online giving is easy for donors to use. I also like the ease of editing categories and tracking attendance for our training classes and Sunday school. For a general database of members, it is so easy to edit and tag people for the various groups you create. The customer service at Breeze is the best! They have always answered any question quickly and cheerfully, and they are available to any user. The cost is reasonable and includes all of the features.

Cons

Sometime I cannot get the reports I want, but I think that is because I haven't researched how to do it. Online contributions can take a week to get into our bank account; however, the notifications are immediate, so that is helpful.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

This is a great product for the money

Overall, my experience with Breeze has been a Breeze with the exception of the Children's ministry. It was very easy to learn and is easy to use.

Pros

This product helps us take attendance, organize lists, communicate with committees/volunteers, check in to children's ministry with ease. We used to keep multiple databases and this can all be done in one with Breeze.

Cons

When doing rosters for children's ministry and other events, names of parents are not linked to their children. This makes it very difficult to continually update the parents AND children's names in two separate lists. I've had to devise a special mail merge template to make it work. Apparently, this is an issue with a lot of other Church Management systems.

You can't lose!

I love this product. As I've said before I've installed and used it at a church previously and sold two other churches on it - no Breeze isn't paying me to say this! Perhaps one of the main reasons I DO love it is that it is one of the only businesses out there staying true to its promises, even as it grows. I trust them and I trust their product. They've also managed the evolution well, without adding more bells and whistles than they can support from the back end. You really can't lose giving it a try. Easy Breezy (I know that's corny, but really!)

Pros

EXTREMELY user-friendly on both the admin side and the user side. The flexibility affords those using it to obtain and use only the information that is specific to the way they are doing business and the needs they have for collecting data or serving a community. The support is "always on" from a rich bank of videos and blogs to fast and friendly phone support. Becasue there is no start up fee and Breeze will even cut your install time to really nothing giving this a try is a wi- win!N

Cons

I've used Breeze for two different orgs now - both churches. I'm about to consult on a third and we have doubts about it being able to transfer the immense amount of education dense/event registration info from Fellowship One - a possible "con." A second missing option is end user's capability to determine how much info is shared in the online directory. This is only determined by admin via tags and not flexible for the individual. Some families with children may not want to share their street address while others might, birthdays, etc. Right now it's either visible to all or not.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Breeze chms is the way to go

It's been great to also have a phone/ipad app to use, which I use all the time. Breeze chms is easy to learn and use.

Pros

Working in Children's Ministry we needed an affordable & reliable way to check-in our children. Our main church software program was not user friendly and to get the check-in portion added was ridiculously expensive, so I began researching for our church something that we could use in Children's Ministry but, would serve our overall church staff as well. We began with Breeze near their beginning and I'm been very pleased to have seen it grow to add more and more to help churches like us. We are very pleased and happy with Breeze CHMS and I would & have recommended it to others.

Cons

In the beginning it was the customer service and the ability to get a quick answer but, they have made vast improvements and there is no problem now.

Thanks for your review, Candy! Blessings to you and your church.

Breeze is a Church Database Game Changer

So far, I absolutely love Breeze! I cannot overstate how much nicer and easier it is to use than our old database. Breeze is intuitive to use, you can easily customize its data fields, sort data easily, etc. and they have really good customer service. Every time I have called, people have been friendly and have worked quickly to get the answers that we needed. During our set up process and with some questions after they, they have responded very quickly. I am very happy that we have made the switch and only regret that we did not do so sooner.

Pros

Breeze is easily customizable and intuitive to use. The previous database we used literally required hours-long training classes to learn how to use. This is not the case with Breeze.

Cons

We are new users to Breeze, so we have not experienced a lot of hiccups yet. The only thing it does not have is a financial accounting piece. You can track pledges and giving with it, which is nice, but you ultimately still need to use something like Quickbooks to manage the money side of things. For us institutionally, that is actually fine.

Love it!

We didn't really have a systemized and affordable way to manage our year-round, summer, and winter community membership that empowered involvement, tracked complicated giving, and provided ways to keep information up-to-date. Breeze was the one stop management software we needed!

Pros

Easy interface, up-to-date and instant access to member data, volunteer management, contribution tracking, and online giving. It's worth it's weight in gold for our small parish. I'm a busy clergy person and my parishioners change their info frequently, so this type of management software that is easy to use, is critical to our capacity to keep things afloat. This is the second church I've used it at and will take it with me everywhere, big and small!!!

Cons

Some of the beta versions were clunky and confusing, but the team was always VERY helpful in navigating. The tutorial videos made it easy to implement.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Breeze CHMS, simply the best.

Our overall experience with Breeze has been excellent. The customer support is the best and they almost always answer the phone within the first minute of calling them. They have helped us thinking through our various uses of Breeze and helped us get Breeze setup for each. The implementation of Breeze was very smooth and went much faster than we expected.

Pros

The best aspect of Breeze is that it is easy for all of our people to use. In a church you often deal with volunteers and people of various levels of technical proficiency. I have yet to find anyone on our teams who does not find Breeze intuitive and easy to use. I do have to manage user accounts, access, and stay in tune enough with what is going on to be able to set things up for people and answer questions on site. But the questions that come in are easy to understand, easy to address, and the goals we work towards are easy to achieve.

Cons

We have used Breeze now for a little over a year and it works extremely well for all areas of our church but one. The one area where Breeze is lacking is with general accounting. Breeze has modules and features for Contributions with tons of options for online giving, online registrations, contribution reports, etc. But, there is no module or features for keeping general ledger. So, we have to use a separate system for this and reconcile these regularly.

Breeze is a breeze!

We are a small church and decided it was time to come into the 21st century. We researched many options for church management software and narrowed it down to two, based on price and features. The folks at the other site sent several canned messages but never really responded to our questions. The team at Breeze - real people! - touched base, answered every question we had (even the "stupid" ones), and even extended our free trial after a death in the family interfered with our ability to really evaluate the program.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service, tons of tutorials. If I can't find the answer to a "how to", I send an email and get a reply within a day or two (usually within hours). And having the team at Breeze transfer our data was a huge timesaver and one more thing off my plate. While we're new users, having only been with Breeze a few months, I am very impressed with the program and the customer service.

Cons

Breeze is individual driven, rather than family driven. I find this makes it a little trickier to do some of the things I used to do with my former program. It's a small issue, so far, but I do see it as a drawback.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Breeze CHMS lives up to it's name.

Breeze has been incredible. I recoommend them all the time. They provide an incredible service for a great rate. We were paying more for less before moving to Breeze. Every aspect has been an improvement. The few times we've had a concern, we had a solution within minutes.

Pros

This software is extremely user-friendly. I make the lame joke each time, that it's a breeze when training someone new. It was extremely important for our needs that we find software our volunteers could use with ease. Breeze through its website and mobile app have made our lives much simpler. It's easy to use and train others on how to use. Add in the built-in text and email communication PLUS forms that easily integrate into our website, it's incredible. We've been extremely happy with our decision as a church and love seeing the new updates that continue to come out. It's great knowing that a company is always trying to improve the user experience, listening to its customers, and providing updates, often.

Cons

The only con I have is that I would like to be able to schedule an email or text at a specific time rather than just 'on the hour'. It is small, but it would be great to have that flexibility.

Best Tech Support

We use the database to track our church membership, and it's great. We use a separate Visitor Management System and would like to integrate both into Breeze, but the additional charge is holding us back. So far, though, everything that we DO use Breeze for is seamless. We love Breeze and would use more of their functions if the cost weren't so high. Excellent tech support!

Pros

Breeze is so intuitive that I rarely need help, but when I do, their tech support team is not only incredibly knoweldgeable, but they are also so friendly and easy to work with. They always follow-up their phone calls with an email containing additional information that might help with whatever the problem is. There hasn't been a single time that the tech support team has disappointed us! :)

Cons

I wish it had more colors on the interface. I think the blue and gray is rather boring.

Thanks for the kind words! I would agree (although I may be biased :) our support staff is the best! The majority of us have worked in ministry and understand the administrative obstacles that cause frustration. We approach every call with a servant-minded core value and love what we do. You mentioned using a separate Visitor Management System, I'd love more info. With no limit on the number of...

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Member/Customer Data Management : Affordable, Efficient, Effective, Easy to Learn & Use

We continue to have a very positive experience. We are completely satisfied. We are excited about some of the new features which are in beta testing right now. We have referred several churches/non-profits to Breeze and we have purchased a second account to use with a county-wide service organization we are a part of.

Pros

Breeze ChMS is affordable. Designed for churches, it would also be appropriate for non-profits & small businesses. Keep individual profiles with plenty of options to customize. Email, text, export date, create electronic forms, electronic check-in, receive payments/contributions, and so much more all in one place. The data transfer from our old system into Breeze was amazingly straight forward, almost...

Cons

All the pros far outweigh the four cons for us; the text feature is outgoing only, the web link is pretty long (yourorgname.breezechms.com), photo files are not exportable except in directory form, and there is on one option for paying them - once monthly.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Breeze lives up to its name!

I'm thrilled with Breeze.

Pros

The one thing that brings Breeze above other great products is their support team. It is the most responsive, helpful team of any product I've ever come across in any context. These guys are fantastic. How I use Breeze: Breeze lets me communicate easily via text or email to various sub-groups of people using Tags. We use Breeze's automated reminder/RSVP system for our children's program which has...

Cons

Two things I would love to offer to our people that Breeze can't do currently: 1) We are currently limited in our ability to let folks pick the roles they'd like for various event signups. I have to go to outside sites like SignupGenius for that, which is no longer linked to the database. A cross between SignupGenius and TakeThemAMeal would be fantastic and allow us to stay inside Breeze for all that...

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Database gamechanger for minsitry. Hard to believe so many features are packed into one tool.

This tools was a game-changer in our communication. We are able to hold all the data we need, and then communicate to only the specific people we need for each communication by filtering people. I can't believe how helpful this tool has been!

Pros

*Allows texting to people right from the database, so you can send a mail-merge style text to any tag, group, or filtered option. *Allows online payments/donations at a low credit card processing rate. *Allows the ability to organize volunteers to RSVP for events by email or event text. Makes volunteer management super easy. *Allows data to be collected by forms. I can create an form questions I want/need....

Cons

*Someone needs to know a little about database structures to set-it up. (You don't need to know programming, but comfortable in how data moves and functions in databases). *The form data is not saved as an unalterable .pdf, so it is hard to use the form feature as an online legal document since the data is alterable after being submitted. I would love to use forms as a permission form, but since...

The Best Church Software God Has Given to Humanity

It is inevitably a common experience in the trenches of a database that the frustrated user thinks of an improvement to the program. This has happened only a few times with me while using Breeze, and on virtually EVERY occasion they have come up with a real solution to my "problem" as the next update. Now it's a joke on our staff; when someone says, "I wish Breeze could do [xyz]," someone will say,...

Pros

It is a BREEZE to learn and use, and volunteers adapt well to it. It is extremely inexpensive for what you get with the program. It has tons of features. I could go into all the features, but for the sake of time, they're ALL genuinely helpful and efficient. It is tailored for specifically for churches, but I would think all kinds of organizations would benefit greatly from it. As an unexpected bonus, their blog is extremely helpful as well! I tend to devalue most blogs that have 3 trite or self-evident ways to this or that, but every post that has caught my eye has been truly wise, biblical, insightful, and practical. I go back and refer to them as a resource; they're that helpful.

Cons

The only "cons" I've experienced have been small inefficiencies along the way, but they have virtually ALL been fixed days or weeks after I discovered them. (For example: I wish that recipients of a mass text could subscribe/unsubscribe/reply, but my hunch is that they're working on that and that there's some limitation w/ phone companies or something.)