Breeze Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.72/10

See full reviews by rating

Cons

Our whole team is so very grateful for Breeze. Their customer support is FAST and HELPFUL (and very friendly).
It was built for churches. It also had a great text to give feature and a wonderful event calendar feature that is easily and beautifully embedded on a website.
I can not think of anything that we dislike about the software.
I still have trouble navigating the system as they have their own language around organization tools.
We have yet to cancel it because we still need its check-in system for Children’s Ministry.

Breeze users...

+ 2

Servant Keeper

Church Windows-logocaret

Church Windows

How would you rate Breeze?

Cher H.

Impact Consultant

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Easy to use -- Makes my job so much easier!

Transcript

Cher H.: I'm Cher and I am a spiritual facilitator and impact consultant, and I want to talk to you today...

Affordable and somewhat user friendly

Transcript

Stefani G.: My name is Stefani and I'm a childcare coordinator and I give Breeze a five. And for more...

Great product and excellent customer service - WIN!

We are able to track our members and visitors with ease. The calendar feature allows us to track attendance, volunteers, and works well with our website, and other media. The online giving has made data entry so much easier! I highly recommend this product. I worked with another company for over 10 years, and thought they were the best. Breeze changed my mind. They by far have been the best solution for our church software needs.

Pros

The software is easy to use for both staff, and church members. It has features that allow us to work with other software programs we already use. The online giving portion is my favorite! It was an easy transition from our old church software and from our online giving software. The support team has helped me figure out creative ways to use the software, and they always respond quickly to my requests.

Cons

I wish it had church financials built in.

Breeze Is The Entire Package

This software has EVERYTHING we need, plus some! Everything from data organization to analysis. It's very user-friendly & extremely customizable. It has everything (plus some) that our previous system had & it's less than half the cost. The customer service is top-notch. The response time is within minutes (considering hours of operations.) The capabilities of the program are endless, I'm learning something new every day. But the glory of it is that I don't NEED to know everything there is to know about the system to be able to use the features we use most.

Pros

Its impossible to choose, the texting and email integration is pretty awesome!

Cons

There is nothing I have found. if there is a setting I don't like, it can be changed.

A product who's name actually fits

Pros

Lots of features, that actually work. It's affordable and I can understand what I need to use the product.

Cons

I wish the text feature could be bi-directional instead of just outward.

Breeze is a Breeze and the best bang for your buck!

I have loved using Breeze! It is very intuitive to use, easy to customize, and an incredibly good value for the cost. Prior to Breeze we were paying literally 8 times more for a church management system that was INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT to use and charged different rates for different levels of functionality. Breeze is one low price, comes with friendly customer service, and works really well. We have used it for several years and I am still happy with it and sing its praises!

Pros

What I like most about Breeze is how easy it is to sort data and then run very specific, targeted reports. We used to use another popular church management software that literally cost 8 times as much and was incredibly difficult to use; you had to take classes with the company to learn it. Breeze is not like that at all. It is very intuitive and customizable.

Cons

Breeze uses a tag system to help you organize groups in the system (e.g. If you have a Sunday School class and you want to keep track of who all is in it, you create a specific tag for the class and then tag all of the profiles of the people who are in that class). The one thing I wish you could do for each class or tag group you create would be some way to mark in the tag listing who the leader(s)...

Best All-Around Organizational Product

I don't recall any issues that I have had with Breeze.

Pros

I love the ability to track and share information as appropriate. With Breeze, we are able to track giving information while keeping it secure, AND collect personal information which we are able to share with everyone. It is the best of both worlds. Breeze is very user-friendly and effective, giving one great place to store the information we use day-to-day.

Cons

I was not with the church at integration, but have not had any problems with Breeze. I have had some folks who had trouble with the app, but the result was only needing to have their password changed or reset.

Breeze as cost effective ChMS for small and medium size churches

Pros

Church Management Software various in price and capabilities. There are other solutions that may have a bit more flexibility or capabilities than Breeze but have a higher monthly fee. If you don't use various features or capabilities why pay for them. Others software you may also pay based upon the amount of usage. Breeze is very reasonably priced for what is has to offer and works well for our church. From our perspective you get the best bang for your buck with Breeze. Again this might differ for other churches. When we determined what was key/critical features, what would possibly of use in the future, and compared cost, Breeze came out on top.

Cons

It would be great if a user profile could be assigned multiple roles. this would reduce the need to have to created more customized roles. For example, only some deacons have access to 'contributions' as there are limited number of leaders involve with donations. So this requires a different role for different deacons. There is the workaround of having very specific roles that maybe only one or two users might be assigned but ideally if a user profile can be assigned multiple roles, it would reduce the number of roles we'd have to create.

It's truly a BREEZE! :)

Compared with our last database management software, Breeze is incredibly simple to use, easy to customize, and the best value on our dollar when compared with almost everyone else in the industry. Their customer service is excellent in every way!

Pros

Breeze is the best church management software we have used. When we switched over from the last software, the staff at Breeze made it a seamless transition. The features we use daily and appreciate most are the financial tracking and the communication features like email and texting.

Cons

The only feature of the Breeze that we would improve on would be their email. Sometimes the formatting of fonts and layout is a little extra to work with. But we use it every day for communication with our people and very seldom have any issues.

Breeze is the best church management software

All of our member info is one place: family units have photos, giving information and we can create tags to group people such as choir, youth, Sunday School, or other ministries.

Pros

It is intuitive to use. The customer service is the best in the industry because they use regional people who actually use the product.

Cons

After almost three years, we are still waiting to find a weakness. Having used several other church software products, we can say that Breeze outshines them all.

A great program!

I enjoy using Breeze and see no need to change programs. It meets all our needs.

Pros

Breeze was very easy to setup and it is very easy to use. We use it on a daily basis. The data base is easy to use, the kids are easy to check in, and the online giving section is a "breeze." I am not a tech guru, so I appreciate the ease of use and training others to use it is also easy.

Cons

There are some features we have not used yet, such as integrating Breeze with Planning Center and Mail Chimp. But, I can't really think of any major cons of this software. We are a small church and it suits our needs.

Breeze is a truly a Breeze!

From onboarding to implementation, support at Breeze was great. I chose it because the price point was excellent and it had all the functionality I needed: ability to create forms, take payment online, collect donations, categorize them, and create a thorough membership directory.

Pros

Ease of use. It took little training and it was not only for me as an administrator to use, but for our office staff and directors as well.

Cons

I can't recall anything I didn't like. At the time I was using it, we weren't able to have push notifications, but then again, I don't believe the organization was using it to its fullest capacity.

User-Friendliest Interface

Our previous ChMS was so difficult and confusing to use. I couldn't even figure out how to send quarterly statements to more than 50 people. Also, our previous database did not offer free or unlimited customer support, which seems insane in 2021. I was really nervous to manually transfer the data from our old system to our new, but the help articles on Breeze's website were so thorough and comprehensive that I managed to do the export/import on my own. Not that it would have even mattered because they don't charge for that either! I mean! What a dream! I've only been using the system for about a month now, so there remain a lot of things that I need to learn about and put to use, but I'd recommend this product to anyone who needs to manage a church.

Pros

Using Breeze is just what they want it to be - a total breeze. Everything about the platform is about as user friendly as it gets. There's no getting lost in the product, or confusion about how a feature works because it's so intuitive as well. I've used a lot of platforms that are more akin to tough-to-query databases, but Breeze takes all of that confusion and frustration and... sends it off in the breeze.

Cons

The only thing that I don't love about Breeze is that it does seem to be user friendly for the computer literate. Personally, I'm a millennial. Admittedly, I'm a little nervous to unveil the member portal to our predominantly retired congregation. I'll come back and let you know how it goes once I tell them about it.

Excellent Product with GREAT Customer Service and always innovating

EXCELLENT. I recommend Breeze to everyone I can - they are super competent and super helpful, a GREAT combination in information technology.

Pros

Super intuitive, organized, easy to use for reporting & communicating, always improving, and GREAT customer service. When I have a question about how to do something, I get an answer within the hour - not within the week. And on those rare occasions when they don't currently have a tool I need, they send me a link to request a feature. Great company, I can't wait for them to roll out their next component!

Cons

I wish Breeze had an accounting platform that could replace my QuickBooks. Breeze understands the needs of churches and non-profits, so I appreciate their take on managing our information.

I will never go back to another church management software

In my ministry, it is vital to have access to contact information and to know who has and who hasn't been attending so that we can follow up with them. Breeze makes this, literally, a breeze!

Pros

-Easily look up church attenders by a variety of search fields (including age, grade, membership status, etc.). -Easily take attendance for events and check-in children with the check-in system. -Quickly create a report to show who has or who hasn't attended in a specified period of time (great for follow up! -Not overly cumbersome. Other softwares that I have looked at are less user friendly and harder to learn. This one gives us all the features of the other ones without the learning curve. -Integrates with MailChimp -Easily download lists of each tagged group with contact info and more. -The price is amazing. We were paying exponentially more on another church management system and getting much less out of it than we are with Breeze.

Cons

-Since it is web based, the load times can take a little longer than I'd like (but I'm talking extra seconds, not minutes). -I've had an issue when trying to change the time of a recurring event--for some reason it only changes one specific instance instead of all of them, but that could be user error.

Make your data usable and easy to access

Breeze has been a wonderful company to work with. Training new people to use it has been so easy. We are extremely happy with this software.

Pros

I like many things about this product. For contributions, it is so easy to track giving and to teach others how to input the data. Reporting is quick and easy. Online giving is easy for donors to use. I also like the ease of editing categories and tracking attendance for our training classes and Sunday school. For a general database of members, it is so easy to edit and tag people for the various groups you create. The customer service at Breeze is the best! They have always answered any question quickly and cheerfully, and they are available to any user. The cost is reasonable and includes all of the features.

Cons

Sometime I cannot get the reports I want, but I think that is because I haven't researched how to do it. Online contributions can take a week to get into our bank account; however, the notifications are immediate, so that is helpful.

This is a great product for the money

Overall, my experience with Breeze has been a Breeze with the exception of the Children's ministry. It was very easy to learn and is easy to use.

Pros

This product helps us take attendance, organize lists, communicate with committees/volunteers, check in to children's ministry with ease. We used to keep multiple databases and this can all be done in one with Breeze.

Cons

When doing rosters for children's ministry and other events, names of parents are not linked to their children. This makes it very difficult to continually update the parents AND children's names in two separate lists. I've had to devise a special mail merge template to make it work. Apparently, this is an issue with a lot of other Church Management systems.

You can't lose!

I love this product. As I've said before I've installed and used it at a church previously and sold two other churches on it - no Breeze isn't paying me to say this! Perhaps one of the main reasons I DO love it is that it is one of the only businesses out there staying true to its promises, even as it grows. I trust them and I trust their product. They've also managed the evolution well, without adding more bells and whistles than they can support from the back end. You really can't lose giving it a try. Easy Breezy (I know that's corny, but really!)

Pros

EXTREMELY user-friendly on both the admin side and the user side. The flexibility affords those using it to obtain and use only the information that is specific to the way they are doing business and the needs they have for collecting data or serving a community. The support is "always on" from a rich bank of videos and blogs to fast and friendly phone support. Becasue there is no start up fee and Breeze will even cut your install time to really nothing giving this a try is a wi- win!N

Cons

I've used Breeze for two different orgs now - both churches. I'm about to consult on a third and we have doubts about it being able to transfer the immense amount of education dense/event registration info from Fellowship One - a possible "con." A second missing option is end user's capability to determine how much info is shared in the online directory. This is only determined by admin via tags and not flexible for the individual. Some families with children may not want to share their street address while others might, birthdays, etc. Right now it's either visible to all or not.

Breeze chms is the way to go

It's been great to also have a phone/ipad app to use, which I use all the time. Breeze chms is easy to learn and use.

Pros

Working in Children's Ministry we needed an affordable & reliable way to check-in our children. Our main church software program was not user friendly and to get the check-in portion added was ridiculously expensive, so I began researching for our church something that we could use in Children's Ministry but, would serve our overall church staff as well. We began with Breeze near their beginning and I'm been very pleased to have seen it grow to add more and more to help churches like us. We are very pleased and happy with Breeze CHMS and I would & have recommended it to others.

Cons

In the beginning it was the customer service and the ability to get a quick answer but, they have made vast improvements and there is no problem now.

Thanks for your review, Candy! Blessings to you and your church.

Breeze is a Church Database Game Changer

So far, I absolutely love Breeze! I cannot overstate how much nicer and easier it is to use than our old database. Breeze is intuitive to use, you can easily customize its data fields, sort data easily, etc. and they have really good customer service. Every time I have called, people have been friendly and have worked quickly to get the answers that we needed. During our set up process and with some questions after they, they have responded very quickly. I am very happy that we have made the switch and only regret that we did not do so sooner.

Pros

Breeze is easily customizable and intuitive to use. The previous database we used literally required hours-long training classes to learn how to use. This is not the case with Breeze.

Cons

We are new users to Breeze, so we have not experienced a lot of hiccups yet. The only thing it does not have is a financial accounting piece. You can track pledges and giving with it, which is nice, but you ultimately still need to use something like Quickbooks to manage the money side of things. For us institutionally, that is actually fine.

Love it!

We didn't really have a systemized and affordable way to manage our year-round, summer, and winter community membership that empowered involvement, tracked complicated giving, and provided ways to keep information up-to-date. Breeze was the one stop management software we needed!

Pros

Easy interface, up-to-date and instant access to member data, volunteer management, contribution tracking, and online giving. It's worth it's weight in gold for our small parish. I'm a busy clergy person and my parishioners change their info frequently, so this type of management software that is easy to use, is critical to our capacity to keep things afloat. This is the second church I've used it at and will take it with me everywhere, big and small!!!

Cons

Some of the beta versions were clunky and confusing, but the team was always VERY helpful in navigating. The tutorial videos made it easy to implement.

Breeze CHMS, simply the best.

Our overall experience with Breeze has been excellent. The customer support is the best and they almost always answer the phone within the first minute of calling them. They have helped us thinking through our various uses of Breeze and helped us get Breeze setup for each. The implementation of Breeze was very smooth and went much faster than we expected.

Pros

The best aspect of Breeze is that it is easy for all of our people to use. In a church you often deal with volunteers and people of various levels of technical proficiency. I have yet to find anyone on our teams who does not find Breeze intuitive and easy to use. I do have to manage user accounts, access, and stay in tune enough with what is going on to be able to set things up for people and answer questions on site. But the questions that come in are easy to understand, easy to address, and the goals we work towards are easy to achieve.

Cons

We have used Breeze now for a little over a year and it works extremely well for all areas of our church but one. The one area where Breeze is lacking is with general accounting. Breeze has modules and features for Contributions with tons of options for online giving, online registrations, contribution reports, etc. But, there is no module or features for keeping general ledger. So, we have to use a separate system for this and reconcile these regularly.

Breeze is a breeze!

We are a small church and decided it was time to come into the 21st century. We researched many options for church management software and narrowed it down to two, based on price and features. The folks at the other site sent several canned messages but never really responded to our questions. The team at Breeze - real people! - touched base, answered every question we had (even the "stupid" ones), and even extended our free trial after a death in the family interfered with our ability to really evaluate the program.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service, tons of tutorials. If I can't find the answer to a "how to", I send an email and get a reply within a day or two (usually within hours). And having the team at Breeze transfer our data was a huge timesaver and one more thing off my plate. While we're new users, having only been with Breeze a few months, I am very impressed with the program and the customer service.

Cons

Breeze is individual driven, rather than family driven. I find this makes it a little trickier to do some of the things I used to do with my former program. It's a small issue, so far, but I do see it as a drawback.

Breeze CHMS lives up to it's name.

Breeze has been incredible. I recoommend them all the time. They provide an incredible service for a great rate. We were paying more for less before moving to Breeze. Every aspect has been an improvement. The few times we've had a concern, we had a solution within minutes.

Pros

This software is extremely user-friendly. I make the lame joke each time, that it's a breeze when training someone new. It was extremely important for our needs that we find software our volunteers could use with ease. Breeze through its website and mobile app have made our lives much simpler. It's easy to use and train others on how to use. Add in the built-in text and email communication PLUS forms that easily integrate into our website, it's incredible. We've been extremely happy with our decision as a church and love seeing the new updates that continue to come out. It's great knowing that a company is always trying to improve the user experience, listening to its customers, and providing updates, often.

Cons

The only con I have is that I would like to be able to schedule an email or text at a specific time rather than just 'on the hour'. It is small, but it would be great to have that flexibility.

Best Tech Support

We use the database to track our church membership, and it's great. We use a separate Visitor Management System and would like to integrate both into Breeze, but the additional charge is holding us back. So far, though, everything that we DO use Breeze for is seamless. We love Breeze and would use more of their functions if the cost weren't so high. Excellent tech support!

Pros

Breeze is so intuitive that I rarely need help, but when I do, their tech support team is not only incredibly knoweldgeable, but they are also so friendly and easy to work with. They always follow-up their phone calls with an email containing additional information that might help with whatever the problem is. There hasn't been a single time that the tech support team has disappointed us! :)

Cons

I wish it had more colors on the interface. I think the blue and gray is rather boring.

Thanks for the kind words! I would agree (although I may be biased :) our support staff is the best! The majority of us have worked in ministry and understand the administrative obstacles that cause frustration. We approach every call with a servant-minded core value and love what we do. You mentioned using a separate Visitor Management System, I'd love more info. With no limit on the number of...

Breeze lives up to its name!

I'm thrilled with Breeze.

Pros

The one thing that brings Breeze above other great products is their support team. It is the most responsive, helpful team of any product I've ever come across in any context. These guys are fantastic. How I use Breeze: Breeze lets me communicate easily via text or email to various sub-groups of people using Tags. We use Breeze's automated reminder/RSVP system for our children's program which has...

Cons

Two things I would love to offer to our people that Breeze can't do currently: 1) We are currently limited in our ability to let folks pick the roles they'd like for various event signups. I have to go to outside sites like SignupGenius for that, which is no longer linked to the database. A cross between SignupGenius and TakeThemAMeal would be fantastic and allow us to stay inside Breeze for all that...

Database gamechanger for minsitry. Hard to believe so many features are packed into one tool.

This tools was a game-changer in our communication. We are able to hold all the data we need, and then communicate to only the specific people we need for each communication by filtering people. I can't believe how helpful this tool has been!

Pros

*Allows texting to people right from the database, so you can send a mail-merge style text to any tag, group, or filtered option. *Allows online payments/donations at a low credit card processing rate. *Allows the ability to organize volunteers to RSVP for events by email or event text. Makes volunteer management super easy. *Allows data to be collected by forms. I can create an form questions I want/need....

Cons

*Someone needs to know a little about database structures to set-it up. (You don't need to know programming, but comfortable in how data moves and functions in databases). *The form data is not saved as an unalterable .pdf, so it is hard to use the form feature as an online legal document since the data is alterable after being submitted. I would love to use forms as a permission form, but since...