Windscribe  Logo

Windscribe

Browse the web privately as it was meant to be.

Windscribe Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.79/10

Reviews by rating

It is simple to use, I like how it automatically connects to the best VPN or lets you select which one you would like. I tried out a lot and this one is the best.
Windscribe makes it very easy to maximize privacy and with a very ease to navigate interface allows you to browse with comfort and ease.
I understand why, but the limit of 10Gb of data transfer per month is a pain. Today's files are very large, and these limits should be updated.
One thing that can be frustrating at times, is the feature on the software that is supposed to connect your device to the closest possible server.
At time the firewall the blocks traffic can just turn on while I'm not connected and I can spend a bit of time not knowing why my browser keeps saying Blocked Access.

Karambir K.

CEO

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Affordable VPN for Router

Transcript

Karambir: Hi, my name's Karambir. I'm the CEO. I give Windscribe a four. And for more reviews like this,...

Ryan S.

Trader

Financial Services, self-employed

Great site that works as it should, effective way to browse anonymously

Transcript

Ryan S.: Hi, my name is Ryan. I'm a crypto trading operations specialist for a brokerage firm. I give...

Danny V.

Internet, 5,001-10,000 employees

Excellent software to stay anonymous

The experience I've had with windscribe has been positive, my privacy is always protected and I can connect to public Wi-Fi without having to be afraid of hackers. Now I can visit web pages that are blocked in my country and without noticeably slowing down the browsing speed. As the Pro plan is quite accessible, I was able to hire it and benefit from all the tools offered by Windscribe.

Pros

Windscribe has many features that I like, for example, it offers a free plan for new users where you can surf the internet up to 10 Gb of data monthly and with access to 11 countries. As I have the Pro plan (which is quite economical), I can surf the internet safely and unlimitedly, I can connect to more than 60 countries and the speed is really good. Security is strict, I can use Windscribe on my cell phone and also on my laptop simultaneously, that way I am protected from hackers that can steal information. Its interface is excellent very intuitive and easy to understand and the technical support always respond quickly when I have a problem. Without a doubt, a real wonder.

Cons

Windscribe works perfectly, I just wish it had more Latin countries, such as Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela and Panama, since it has very few.

Tim P.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Windscribe is an affordable, powerful VPN for safe, anonymous browsing!

Overall this is a solid, powerful VPN that has a lot of great features for a fraction of the price of most other VPN clients. If you can get a subscription on sale, it's an even better value. I definitely recommend Windscribe!

Pros

I managed to get a lifetime subscription on sale for this software, so I like the price for the features this software offers! This VPN is easy to install and use, and Windscribe doesn't keep logs so I don't have to worry about my browsing information being shared by others. It offers many different VPN connections so you can adjust as needed, should one of the connections be slow.

Cons

The only downside of this software is the frequent updates it needs, but it's more of an annoyance than a flaw. My lifetime subscription also requires that I log into the website every 10 years or so to keep it active, but that's another minor annoyance.

CE

Candace E.

Computer Hardware, 501-1,000 employees

Windscribe is an open source VPN!

The benefits of using Windscribe include being able to protect IP address while surfing the web. Other benefits of using Windscribe include disabling internet connectivity. Additional benefits of using Windscribe include three diverse monthly plans that unlock locations and IP addresses. Benefits of using Windscribe include being provided 1.7 GB of none chargeable data. Overall, companies such as PayPal and American Express trust the brand or company.

Pros

Windscribe is an open source VPN. Windscribe selects a random IP address for the user. Windscribe is available for Windows or MacBook operating systems. Windscribe offers various features such as an extension for any web browser. Windscribe is only 42.5 MB in file size. Windscribe allows user to select LAN traffic with firewall available.

Cons

Windscribe can allow users to enable proxy gateway. Windscribe launches on start up but user can modify within preferences. Windscribe interrupts the natural server or internet connection. Windscribe online account remains logged in as the user after two days of accessing the account and turning off the application. Windscribe maintains payment information and usernames as well as email addresses after discontinuing services.

Orlando B.

Internet, 5,001-10,000 employees

A very fast VPN

I have been using Windscribe for 2 years and it has worked perfectly. I have the Pro version and that way I can surf the internet safely and unlimitedly. The cost of membership is very economical and if I pay the annual plan I get much cheaper.

Pros

I like several things about Windscribe. First, I can use it for free. It's really good because it hides the IP perfectly and allows me to enter pages that have restrictions for my country. In addition, security matters a lot to me and with Windscribe I feel protected and I can also use it on my cell phone. As for the connection, Windscribe is very fast, I can connect to the server you want in a few seconds. The cost of the monthly membership has an affordable price. I really like its interface too.

Cons

I would like it to have more Latin countries, such as Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Honduras, etc. Everything else is excellent.

Karambir Singh K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Affordable VPN for Router

All-in-all, Windscribe was well worth the effort to configure OpenVPN. They are dedicated to providing a high level of service.

Pros

I can configure my router to access Windscribe via OpenVPN. That way, all devices on my WiFi network benefit without the necessary effort required to install VPN software

Cons

The documentation for configuring OpenVPN on my router was nonexistent and support could not direct me to appropriate resources. I was able to find documentation and determine the right settings through trial-and-error.

Joshua K.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Perfect speeds for a reasonable price

Overall, Windscribe has passed my test. They have very affordable monthly (annually, too) payments. I have never had an issue with connection speed in my years of using their service.

Pros

Windscribe is very clear about their privacy policy. They do not store any logs that can be tied back to the VPN subscriber. There are numerous VPN locations all with great latency. I also appreciate that they have made it possible for subscribers to be able to pay via cryptocurrency.

Cons

Their software for MacOS is sometimes finicky. I also wish that they supported PPTP and/or L2TP so that I could configure it manually in my operating system.

Kim H.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Great VPN for Marketers

I use Windscribe to test geo settings in marketing. Often times, you need to set up different flows for different countries. This tool will help you check if the geo settings are correct. I also use it a lot while traveling, both to secure my IP when accessing hotspots, but also to connect to NetFlix for entertainment. Same goes for reading local news from abroad, one of my favorite publications is blocking a lot of content for foreign users.

Pros

It has a huge range of countries you can use to connect the VPN. Connection is usually fast and trouble free. It has an IP-lock that will block traffic until your VPN connection is running, it will also block the traffic if the VPN accidentally drops out. This is a great way to protect your real IP, even in case there is a hickup. It has servers that will bypass NetFlix VPN check. These are named Windflix in the server list. If you travel a lot, this is a great feature.

Cons

I do not have any particular dislikes about Windscribe. The only thing I can think of, is the frequent updates. Each update, requires you to download the installation file, close down Windscribe and then run the installation. I would have liked it to auto-update in the background. That way, I would not have to do this myself before I can use the software every other time.

Keith D.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

“Easy Install VPN“

Windscribe is a virtual private network that help Wifi to work better with your mobile and computer devices. It secure your privacy while you are browsing the web.

Pros

The VPN can connect to nearly all the countries in the world. I like that it offer large GB and it does not take up any resources on your computer.

Cons

I notice that some of the countries like Atlanta, Kansas, and Boston require you to enroll into a subscription plan.

RJ

Rail J.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Incredible VPN Software

All in all, Windscribe is a great VPN service that I recommend for everyone.

Pros

This software offers a free plan with 10 GB of monthly data, which is fantastic. It helps to get experience of the service before committing to a paid subscription.

Cons

The free plan of this software allows only one device connection at a time but that is not a big deal.

Kerby R.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

When security is a must.

I love this product i have it installed on all my devices. It's my always on VPN on my phone. Wouldn't trade it.

Pros

This product is absolutely amazing. Works on just about any platform. Some of the best security available and fits into any budget.

Cons

My only problem is that there's not more servers. It has a great choice i just wish there was more location specific servers.

Internet, self-employed

The best vpn

I feel safer when using Windscribe to search on the internet. It is easy to use and I don’t need to lose time on setups.

Pros

It is easy to use. There is a little humor on the communications. Set up an account is easy. You can use any of the standard plans or build your own custom plan - depending on what you need, it could be really cheap.

Cons

Really don’t see any cons in this software. Although I guess the iPhone app could be improved, sometimes it crashes. But for desktop computers, Windscribe is great.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

My favortie VPN on the list

Simply awesome the ui is good, the connection is fast, the speed is top notch, plenty of locations to choose from, etc just say a nice location they don't have in thier list but on top of all the support is outstanding.

Pros

Seriously, there is not even a function i can say i don't like or don't use, there is ROBERT and autopilot that can connect to a nearest server with best connectivity in real time, manual server selection is so wide sometimes i feel its much more advanced then any other VPN services out there. Been using it since 2 years with no complaints so far better then any other i have used till now.

Cons

nothing, simply there is nothing i don't like, but if i have to say i would say its much more advanced and much more useful then its competitors sometime its feel like ruling and not giving them any chance to grow at all.

OT

Oguz T.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

BEST VPN EVER

Overall I think Windscribe is one of the best VPN provider. I recommend it to everyone.

Pros

I think the best thing is that you can share your account with unlimited users. So all my family can use a great VPN for a very good price. It connects and disconnects super-quickly. User-interface is also very easy to use and you have a lot of server choices. Windscribe supports a good amount of devices so you can conect to a VPN server whenever you want. It also has a Chrome plug-in that you can use and I think it's a great feature.

Cons

Personally I don't think there are any cons but the connection speeds are slow sometimes.

RE

Ricardo E.

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best VPN ever!

Pros

This is the best actual VPN I’ve used that works the best, you can even build your own plan to still get the best server connections and still get the service you want. Trust me you won’t regret using this software.

Cons

The least thing I like about this software is that it does not allow me to view thumbnails before actually clicking on the video to play it.

Joshua H.

Broadcast Media, self-employed

Pretty Solid Entry-Level VPN

Windscribe has worked beautifully for my needs as someone who only needs to use a VPN every now and then on a once- or twice-a-week basis. It connects quickly and the speeds are pretty solid for my needs.

Pros

Windscribe is a very easy-to-use VPN client. I hadn't used a VPN before, but Winscribe came highly recommended after doing a little research. Windscribe's free tier offers a solid amount of data and you get email alerts when your data has reset. For someone like me who doesn't use VPN 24/7 but needs it at times, Windscribe's free option is a perfect starting point!

Cons

As is to be expected, Windscribe's free tier is a bit lacking in features. Data is limited, as are your VPN server options. When subscribed, you have much more control over which VPN server you'd like to use, as well as higher data caps.

RP

Richard P.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Powerful VPN software for both Phone and PC.

I really like the application, it runs well, doesn't crash. It has good quality updates. I'm a fan of Winscribe and would struggle to move to another VPN,

Pros

I like both the phone app and pc software. Both applications are feature packed and do a fabulous job. It is always quick to connect and reliable. It has a good list of countries to hide your location behind. It has a well designed UI, no adverts and wasn't expensive at all. Then again, I purchased this when it was a brand new release and relatively unknown. I got a lifetime licence for hardly any cost.

Cons

I can only think of one feature that I would like to see added into this program, the ability to allow the application to select a random country to connect to.

Fidel S.

Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees

Great VPN

I have been using Windscribe for the past year and so far I am very satisfied it's a really good VPN at a very competitive price.

Pros

Windscribe is one of the best VPN in the market with a good selection of servers to choose from, their mobile app is really good and easy to use.

Cons

Although they have a great mobile and Windows app, they only offer a command-line utility for Linux systems.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

A VPN You Can Rely On For A Reasonable Price

A VPN is essential these days for both Privacy and Security. Windscribe delivers both. But a VPN is no good if it slows you down. Windscribe speeds are the best I've seen after trying over six other VPNs.

Pros

Fast speeds, easy configuration for all platforms, transparent once it's installed and running, keeps you private and secure with no leaks.

Cons

Customer service could be a little more responsive. However, you rarely need them, and they mentioned on their reddit that they are adding support staff.

MG

Markus G.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

Just the free Version is already usefull

I am fully satisfied with the VPN from Windscribe. It fullfill my needs and the WINDSCRIBE VPN was finally exactly that what I was looking for

Pros

That it have 10 GB free Volume per Month to use and that it works without any BUGS etc...Til now not once any Problems with interrupted Connections etc.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing to criticize eg. to rate as "worst" or something else...really, Top Product!

AS

Amin S.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Well-developed VPN software

Overall, the software works great and 99% of the time can successfully connect to the chosen server. It is a good VPN software and I recommend it to my friends.

Pros

This is a well designed VPN software that has many servers and works most of the time.

Cons

There are some times that none of the servers works although you have a premium account.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Outstanding VPN with excellent free option

Great VPN to ensure internet privacy with a comprehensive free option as well as additional paid services.

Pros

Unlike most VPNs, Windscribes free subscription does have a full VPN. This VPN integrates seamlessly into normal internet use, although it doesn't work with some streaming services. Additionally, the Windscribe staff are incredibly funny and send humorous emails frequently.

Cons

Although uncommon, certain streaming services, such as netflix, do not seem to work with Windscribe.

JD

Jeff D.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Top VPN Top Support

This wasn't solving a problem other than feeling like I can browse the Internet without someone tracking and/or knowing exactly what I was doing. The privacy is worth the membership.

Pros

I really like how the creator Yegor is still very much involved with the product. It isn't very often that you can get one on one support from the creator of a product. This is the best VPN I have used. I also appreciate how upfront Yegor and the team is on their privacy policies.

Cons

I had to really think about this, but the only thing I could think of is maybe improve/update the documentation a bit. This is really just a nit pick though.

Ridwan A.

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

I can keep browsing when Windscribe has my back

Pros

Windscribe has several server locations so I can choose cities if necessary. But what I love about Windscribe is the moment I turn it on no website can find my location. I even worked on sites that are highly restrictive about location.

Cons

I think they should add the option of auto-switching if some reason the connected server is slow. If auto-switching is not possible let me know I can switch to a better server. Their graphical view of the server load is still confusing. I prefer simple numbers and good old percentages.

Dhanushka S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

A fast VPN for a every low cost.

Windscribe helps me to be invisible in the world wide web and fast browsing.

Pros

It has been a couple of months since I started to use Windscribe products. I was using lots of VPNs before, so far this is the best VPN I've ever found because Windscribe provides some aweome services for a very low cost to their clients. As an example, usually you have to pay around 10$ - 40$ per month for a VPN but the cool thing is, with Windscribe you can customize the VPN's feature according to your budget. That means if you want to have a VPN for 2$ per month you can do that with Windscribe. When it comes to features, they have tools to block ad trackers and web beacons, strong encryption methods, Web browser extension and desktop application suitable for all the operating systems, and much more...

Cons

Sometimes their customer support bit slower than I thought.

O. Kelvin K.

Internet, 201-500 employees

The Best VPN So Far

Windscribe enables me to connect all my devices simultaneously, there's no limit to the amount of devices you can connect. This is one thing I really love about Windscribe.

Pros

I currently use Windscribe for all my devices, VPN usage has never been this easier for me. It connects easily on all my devices, my internet connection speed remains fast, I surf all pages flawlessly. I have even went on to recommend windscribe to my students. Keep up the good work.

Cons

Nothing really, but it won't be bad if we have more servers.