Windscribe  Logo

Windscribe

Browse the web privately as it was meant to be.

Windscribe Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.84/10

See full reviews by rating

Windscribe supports a good amount of devices so you can conect to a VPN server whenever you want. It also has a Chrome plug-in that you can use and I think it's a great feature.
It is simple to use, I like how it automatically connects to the best VPN or lets you select which one you would like. I tried out a lot and this one is the best.
Windscribe makes it very easy to maximize privacy and with a very ease to navigate interface allows you to browse with comfort and ease.
I understand why, but the limit of 10Gb of data transfer per month is a pain. Today's files are very large, and these limits should be updated.
One thing that can be frustrating at times, is the feature on the software that is supposed to connect your device to the closest possible server.
At time the firewall the blocks traffic can just turn on while I'm not connected and I can spend a bit of time not knowing why my browser keeps saying Blocked Access.

Ryan S.

Trader

Financial Services, self-employed

Great site that works as it should, effective way to browse anonymously

Transcript

Ryan S.: Hi, my name is Ryan. I'm a crypto trading operations specialist for a brokerage firm. I give...

Karambir K.

CEO

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Affordable VPN for Router

Transcript

Karambir: Hi, my name's Karambir. I'm the CEO. I give Windscribe a four. And for more reviews like this,...

AS

Amin S.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Well-developed VPN software

Overall, the software works great and 99% of the time can successfully connect to the chosen server. It is a good VPN software and I recommend it to my friends.

Pros

This is a well designed VPN software that has many servers and works most of the time.

Cons

There are some times that none of the servers works although you have a premium account.

Ozan O.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Easy to use VPN solution

I used the free version and it is very practical to use for temporarily usages.

Pros

Windscribe is a very easy yo use VPN solution that works on couple of platforms like MacOS and Chrome extension. Especially Chrome extension is really good and easy to use. There are various countries and servers should be connected in free version and more on the paid version.

Cons

Free version serves adequate locations and servers but the connection interrupts very often. And mostly cannot connect the same server again.

Monday A.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

I love using Windscribe

Windscribe is a good VPN services and I have recommended it for some of my friends who don't have the much needed cash to buy any VPN service to try out their free trial before they buy any VPN they need.

Pros

Windscribe is one of the best VPN app that I love to use. For the fact that they give free 10GB bandwidth monthly to use some selected servers makes it one of the best VPN I have used and I will continue to use them because they always have their customer attention at their core center and also reply to every inquiries being sent to the through email.

Cons

In as much that they offer free trial on some selected locations their premium version is limited in some locations and does not have much more location than other VPN services that I have used. Though some of the locations might be what I used mostly but some that I need on occasional basis are not available for me.

MG

Markus G.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

Just the free Version is already usefull

I am fully satisfied with the VPN from Windscribe. It fullfill my needs and the WINDSCRIBE VPN was finally exactly that what I was looking for

Pros

That it have 10 GB free Volume per Month to use and that it works without any BUGS etc...Til now not once any Problems with interrupted Connections etc.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing to criticize eg. to rate as "worst" or something else...really, Top Product!

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Outstanding VPN with excellent free option

Great VPN to ensure internet privacy with a comprehensive free option as well as additional paid services.

Pros

Unlike most VPNs, Windscribes free subscription does have a full VPN. This VPN integrates seamlessly into normal internet use, although it doesn't work with some streaming services. Additionally, the Windscribe staff are incredibly funny and send humorous emails frequently.

Cons

Although uncommon, certain streaming services, such as netflix, do not seem to work with Windscribe.

SA

Sandesh A.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

One of the most convenient VPN out there

It is overall a very nice software and the cons i found can easily be fixed in some updates in front end design part. It technically hasnt done a loss for me only turned out to be useful.

Pros

Windscribe gives different servers for each region and specifically showing latency before connecting to that server. It gives well information on connecting and disconnecting from any server. The servers were hardly down. And on top of all these we get 10 gb volume every month with all the pros.

Cons

Sometimes the best location/server fails to provide the best one for me. The windscribe user interface does need a refresh in my opinion.

JD

Jeff D.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Top VPN Top Support

This wasn't solving a problem other than feeling like I can browse the Internet without someone tracking and/or knowing exactly what I was doing. The privacy is worth the membership.

Pros

I really like how the creator Yegor is still very much involved with the product. It isn't very often that you can get one on one support from the creator of a product. This is the best VPN I have used. I also appreciate how upfront Yegor and the team is on their privacy policies.

Cons

I had to really think about this, but the only thing I could think of is maybe improve/update the documentation a bit. This is really just a nit pick though.

Ben T.

Internet, self-employed

A Good Consumer VPN with a Free Option

Windscribe is generally trouble-free software - quick to install, easy to use, and does what it's meant to. Having used lots of VPNs this is one I would recommend, especially for occasional users who'd rather not pay for a subscription.

Pros

Windscribe does everything a good consumer VPN needs to do, and it also has a nice simple menu-bar interface. It offers a reasonable amount of traffic (10GB) per month, which is adequate if, like me, you only need a VPN for occasional use, such as when on public wifi or quick trips. It is simple and effective and doesn't noticeably slow down my internet connection.

Cons

Very occasionally I seem to lose connectivity and have to disconnect and reconnect, but this doesn't happen frequently enough to be a major problem. Also the interface feature to change the country to connect to doesn't always seem as intuitive as it could be.

Corneille Y.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Windscribe VPN usage experience

Windscribe is an easy to use VPN and it helps me a lot when I watch my streaming videos and such.

Pros

Windscribe is a VPN that works well, its extension works very well, easy to connect and use, it has a nice design and the price is reasonable, so it's really interesting.

Cons

This VPN works well except that there is not too much location and sometimes its connection becomes a bit slow when I use it and.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Best Free VPN!

If you need a VPN service from time to time or just want privacy when surfing the web, Windscribe is the perfect option. Whether you use the generous free amounts of data each month or are paying for unlimited, Windscribe will not disappoint.

Pros

I love how easy Windscribe makes it to browse the web privately. I love that Windscribe gives you ways to increase your monthly free amount. I love having 15GB of data to use each month. The application is easy to install, easy to configure, and super simple to use. Other applications can be tricky to install and configure and won't give you near as much free data use. Windscribe is the best hands down.

Cons

I've never had a problem connecting to the service or with the application itself. Updates have always worked fine.

RT

Ryan T.

Computer Software, self-employed

The VPN that's worth switching to.

I have felt a lot more secure using this service while also enjoying the ability to check other sites.

Pros

Simplicity, prices, speeds, ways to pay and the anonymity while using the service.

Cons

The "mine for upgrades" method used for buying premium.

SS

Sevinc S.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Secure and Effective VPN Service

This is an effective VPN service with high speed and many available regions, I recommend it.

Pros

This software has some positive aspects that I would like to emphasize. First, as I know this software available for all regions ( mostly everyone can use it ). Second, this software has almost all important and available region servers to join. Third, even though there are many servers that are premium, you can still use several other free servers.

Cons

Many essential regions are not available for free use.

Dhanushka S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

A fast VPN for a every low cost.

Windscribe helps me to be invisible in the world wide web and fast browsing.

Pros

It has been a couple of months since I started to use Windscribe products. I was using lots of VPNs before, so far this is the best VPN I've ever found because Windscribe provides some aweome services for a very low cost to their clients. As an example, usually you have to pay around 10$ - 40$ per month for a VPN but the cool thing is, with Windscribe you can customize the VPN's feature according to your budget. That means if you want to have a VPN for 2$ per month you can do that with Windscribe. When it comes to features, they have tools to block ad trackers and web beacons, strong encryption methods, Web browser extension and desktop application suitable for all the operating systems, and much more...

Cons

Sometimes their customer support bit slower than I thought.

Andrea V.

11-50 employees

Absolutely amazing!

Pros

Working as a freelancer or working overseas sometimes makes it difficult to do your work effectively because of the distance. Windscribe helps me do my job as good as I was working right there at the office.

Cons

It's so hard to describe how much it helps you. It's so useful and easy to use. You really don't need to be an expert to use it and gives you great results!!

The hidden Alice in VPN-Land

Best VPN I have ever used

Pros

A happy customer using the software for a very long time and have been satisfied with the service. AS this has many options for changing the location blazing fast.

Cons

So this VPN has a setting where Unless I connect with it I will not be able to access my internet which puts me off at first and then I have changed my firewall settings.

O. Kelvin K.

Internet, 201-500 employees

The Best VPN So Far

Windscribe enables me to connect all my devices simultaneously, there's no limit to the amount of devices you can connect. This is one thing I really love about Windscribe.

Pros

I currently use Windscribe for all my devices, VPN usage has never been this easier for me. It connects easily on all my devices, my internet connection speed remains fast, I surf all pages flawlessly. I have even went on to recommend windscribe to my students. Keep up the good work.

Cons

Nothing really, but it won't be bad if we have more servers.

Rahel W.

E-Learning, self-employed

Very cost effective

It's gives well needed security when browsing the net.

Pros

It's very easy to use, easy to set up and create your account and extremely cost-effective. The smartphone app makes it easy to switch between different locations.

Cons

The thing I like least about it is that it's not available on most devices for example gaming consoles.

KR

Krishna R.

Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees

Works like charm best VPN ever

One of the most complete package, bought the lifetime membership of this VPN. Im really happy with the performance

Pros

Bought the unlimited plan with unlimited devices, I'm very much impressed with the VPN services, Works well on all the devices. This might be the only one VPN which offers unlimited bandwidth with unlimited devices. I have never faced any connectivity issues whatsoever. Speed is also very good compared to other VPN's.

Cons

Havn't found anything yet it looks perfect for me till date.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

It works.

Pros

It works. The features for this VPN work well for work and play.

Cons

No complaints other than I bought a lifetime license and it expires in a few years

Johnbosco I.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Windscribe

Pros

Windcribe offers a free account with 10GB monthly transfer

Cons

Sometimes, Windscribe doesn't not offer full anonymity and blocks some web app access.

MP

Matthew P.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Simple and useful free VPN for everyday use

As an expat myself doing work for Australians, Americans, and anyone else in between, it's frustrating to encounter websites that cannot be accessed from my country (perfectly legitimate businesses like gardeners or roofers even!). Windscribe allows me to quickly turn on my VPN to access anything I need from wherever I am in the world. It's also quite reliable as far as free VPNs go.

Pros

I like that it's available as a web extension as well as on the Android store, meaning that I can access this VPN from any device seamlessly. It's also got a great choice of countries available (even multiple choices within many countries), even on the free trial version.

Cons

Trial users are only permitted to use 10 GB worth of data, however this resets each month. As you might imagine, streaming services and video will use up this amount very quickly. Consider upgrading to the paid version.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

If you need a simple VPN service you should check Windscribe

I don't use a VPN in a daily basis, only in some ocasions when I'm out using a public connection, so I needed something that had a good free plan (decent speed and a good quota) and after testing a few VPN services, this was the one that best fitted those needs.

Pros

The servers in the free plan have a decent speed/quota for a normal browsing (you can even download torrents if you need), supports a strong stack of security protocols and it has a really user-friendly application, available for the most common platforms.

Cons

So far I have had no problems with the service whatsoever, but when I was looking for a VPN service I found something to keep in mind: it is based from Canada, so there's a chance they are forced to give away your information to the government. The chances are slim, but they exist. For my occasional use I found that to be acceptable.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Great Free Version

Pros

I am very happy with their free version of this product. They are generous with their data allowance and quick at loading anything I throw at it. You can even send a recommendation to some friends or tweet about it to earn more free data for each month. They have quite a few countries available to choose from and a best location option for automatic choosing. For the paid version, they even have some servers that work with Netflix for people who like to bypass country restrictions (not recommending that part).

Cons

When on a slow connection, this makes it almost unusable, but that is expected from a VPN.

Anoop K.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

The best product I have used so far

Browsing internet without ads on any device. Easily able to connect and use the service.

Pros

It's fast and deliveries what they tell. Support is quick and really good. Netflix works good on US and UK servers. Server side ad blocker.

Cons

Doesn't support http proxy. Has very few socks proxy servers.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Windscribe review

I use windscribe to guarantee my security and privacy when surfing the web, as well as accessing websites that are blocked by service providers in my country without problems, allowing me to access a wide range of content and digital services.

Pros

What I like about winscribe is that it is very easy to use and its price compared to the functionality offered is relatively low, additionally it has a completely free version, and although it has limited functions, it allows me to fulfill my objectives of ensuring my privacy and security when surfing the internet as well as allowing me to access websites with access restrictions by country.

Cons

Until now what I like the least about the software is that sometimes when the Internet connection fails the program is disabled and it does not resume when the connection is restored.