All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Ashop Reviews

Great for small brands to build their business

I helped set up with an online store for baby products. We went with Ashop because their service included a lot of premium features that other platforms charged for. I found it easy to set up new pages and upload content. We had over 1000 products to include and we could get them online with ease. Orders are easy to track and the metrics are great to find out which products are selling well. The interface was a bit trickier than some of the other ones out there (eg there's no drag and drop), but once you figure it out, it's straight forwards. I would recommend Ashop to other businesses looking to build their online presence.

Pros

- Clear set up steps. Lots of features included. - Has a marketplace like eBay to get more customers. - Metrics included to track performance week to week.

Cons

- You need to get a developer if you're going to do customized designs and templates. There are however LOTS of templates included in the gallery.

We have used Ashop Commerce for several years. Stabilized now after early issues due to upgrades

Much easier to track orders and shipments than just using PayPal. Allows discounts to be given to re sellers or repeat buyers.

Pros

Easy to add new products afresh or as a copy of an existing product. Integrates with many payment methods. Basic options are a reasonable price.

Cons

No FTP access for integration with accounting system, just use of CSV files. They are not keen on listening to customers. The cost of some add-ons is high.

Beware...

I am an Ashop customer, have been for 8 years and have stuck with them though many bad upgrade and reductions in functionality. During the version 4 release back at the beginning of August i decided i had had enough and decided i could no longer stand by and be quite regards the mess that the software and support was in, despite being warned by other customers that Ashop could be quite nasty if stood...

Pros

none

Cons

Everything

Makes job easier

Anyone that has a shop and they are looking to ad awesome software to their company, this is the one to pick.

Pros

product is very easy to use. having awesome customer service behind this product is like having second pair of hands with you the whole time.

Cons

few times i had problem but don't let this scary you at all. customer service was right on top of the issue and we got it resolved fast.

Very happy

Myself and my husband run a pet products business called Jimbella Pets. 6 years ago we set up our website through Ashop and overall we've been happy with them ever since. We went through some issues when version 4 was released last August just like MrD said in his review. At the time, we had a look around at other options, but they either were too expensive, didn't have enough features or charged...

Pros

Phone & chat support is very good and any issues get fixed quickly. Admin interface is much easier to use than Bigcommerce. Good value (the $25 plan does everything we need)

Cons

Designing the store was a bit tricky. I've learned it's just easier to pay someone to do the design work rather than try and do it myself. Ashop provides design services too, and I've been pretty happy with the results.

Really good for wholesalers

I run a mens fashion brand. We sell both wholesale and retail and finding a store builder that works for both is pretty difficult. I switched my store from bigcommerce to ashop last year and so far i'm pretty happy with the decision.

Pros

Really, really good B2B module. It's like having a separate website for wholesale clients where i can display different products and set up different discounts. For example, I only offer quantity discounts to wholesale clients.

Cons

The support is 24-hours Mon-Fri only, not weekends. This isn't a big deal for us as we're closed on weekends, but this might be an issue if you have a day job and your running an online store on weekends.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.