All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Magisto

Video management solution powered by artificial intelligence

Magisto Reviews

Reviews Summary

Rachel H.

Read the full review
The app is fairly easy to navigate through, and offers a nice range of editing possibilities, which are pretty good to be used "on the go.

Stefano S.

Read the full review
It was good i enjoyed this software i would recommend it to every body its easy in use and its features and functions are awesome.

Syed S.

sunny c.

sunny c.

Read the full review
I fell like it is an unfair business practice the way they refuse to cancel my subscription.

Victoria M.

4.4

Perfect

I love this program. Definitely my go to out of all the apps out there

Pros

Awesome software to edit and create videos. You’re able to add effects and filters. Cut and trim the video to your liking

Cons

The price is the only con. Other than that the program is amazing and I go back to it all the time to edit and create photos

Magisto -- Makes Pro Videos Easily and Quickly

I can literally make a very simple Marketing/client video in less than an hour! I edit the photos I want to use with a photo editing app. Then I add them to a New Video via Magisto. I can either select one of he few free stock templates to use OR make my own creation using one of the few free templates/styles/filters and apply. The next step is to add a title and select a music bed to include. Then? Magisto puts it all together into a Draft...which I can edit or use. I could definitely get more from Magisto than basic capabilities if I was able to afford the Magisto Professional upgrade. I feel it's kind of expensive...and they don't even offer a trial so I can determine if the results are worth the high monthly subscription.

Pros

I like that you can use one of several premade templates that you simply add your photos and a music bed to...and Magisto does the rest! It's very user friendly and the results are excellent. If you don't want to spend HOURS editing photos and creating an eye-catching video? Magisto is an excellent tool! Love that I can use the software on my computer OR via an app on my phone.

Cons

Many of the templates are only available via that Pro Upgrade. For a small business? $59.99 every month is a large expense when there are free software and apps that do essentially the same thing. I have to count every penny, so I'm only able to use the limited Free capabilities of Magisto

Rip Off

Awful experience. I realized Magisto wasn't the service I was looking for the first day I tried it. Due to that, I cancelled the trial. No confirmation was sent for my cancellation, but I left it alone thinking everything was fine. A week later I received a notice that a subscription payment was taken from my account. Not only was money taken, it was taken for the premium level instead of basic personal...

Pros

There wasn't much to like. It didn't stand out from basic video editing sites.

Cons

They restrict users to ratio sizes like 1:1 or other ratios that do not allow users to get the fullview of the images they're using, like the common 16:9, or even 4:3. Limited features

Disruptive content/media.

Overall it does exactly what it is meant for, with no issues with functionality.

Pros

I use this monthly to create easy quick mashup or artisanal type videos for customers. It has AI software embedded which typically has a decent outcome. Easy to use, quick creator. Just drop and upload in any format needed.

Cons

Not a one stop shop for all content needs, this is a supplementary video AI creator but not something i can use for all my platforms.

Video editor online.

Magisto has benefited me a lot in my daily work, since with this software I have created videos based on photographs in a very fast and simple way.

Pros

I like Magisto because it is a free video editor, which helps me create photo montages quickly and in a very simple way which allows me to create incredible videos by joining thousands of photographs in a few minutes.

Cons

So far I have not detected any problems in this application.

Very good software for making videos

Pros

The ease with which you can make a nice quality video is astounding. Also allows you to do editing but their templates work just great.

Cons

The surprise me option - this is where it automatically takes pictures & videos from your gallery. We use this in business for a few people so dont EVER want any surprise movies. Even though you can set that to off - it comes back on sometimes if you have to sign back in etc.

Hands Off! The App Stands Alone.

I don't mind paying a subscription for something as worry-free as Magisto. It may not be my go-to (by any stretch of the imagination), but whatever. If you're in the market for simplicity and ease, this is one of my top two. Kudos!

Pros

I didn't have much say in my videos from Magisto, lol. Sure, I could choose music and genre and template (and media used), but it felt like the app was like those people who say stuff like "STAY OUT OF MY KITCHEN!" even when you're trying to help. It does a good job for those who aren't obsessed with bringing their detailed (or vague, even) idea to film. It's the best auto-slideshow-like app I've had the pleasure to use, and were I not a creative control-freak, I would use it more. (Perhaps I will, now that I've gotten my opinions out in the open, heh :)

Cons

There are some templates I LOVE...but that have filters that I do NOT. (Love, I mean.) And I haven't been able to turn up any methods of changing that. (This feature would be a big PRO for someone who wasn't a creative pro. (And control-freak.) Which I happen to be... Sigh.)

Magisto Magic

This is a wonderful product for creating videos to promote a business or product. It is very easy to use and I was very happy with templates and filters that I used in my free trial.

Pros

I love the templates I've used with the free trial I had on Magisto. There were filters that gave my videos a layered look which I really loved. I thought the software was very easy to use and I was very happy with the end results of my videos that promoted a music class I was teaching.

Cons

The biggest con for me is that once the free trial was over, I had to subscribe. As a professional who only occasionally creates new videos for promoting certain classes, I don't find a monthly or annual membership to be cost effective. I thinkk there could be other pricing options.

Great Application!

Overall, I did enjoy using this application. The final results of making it, was well worth it. HD picture, and sounds that you use in the video, are great. Especially when you use music or sounds from your own library.

Pros

Simple to use, easy to navigate. I loved making videos by using photos from my phone. Live photos from iPhone/iPad work really well too.

Cons

I didn't like the free trial details, such as certain amount of videos could be made. I think for free, you should have unlimited access to make them, but have some of the extras, in application purchases.

Awesome A.I. Interface

Pros

Magisto is a top of class digital video content service . With an above average user interface and full template library, anyone can become a video content king. It is easy to use. software and you will look like a pro when the video is complete.

Cons

Though the automation is helpful in reducing overall post production time, the AI limits the human editor having the access to each of the individual element channels. This limits the artistic choice of the producer/editor and determines the overall aesthetic with little input.

Magisto isn't always what I need

I use Magisto to make promotional videos for my business.

Pros

What I like about Magisto is that they have a great library with great themes, great music, and a relatively easy to use platform.

Cons

What I don't like about Magisto is thatI can't always pick what scenes the narration is going over and I can't always get the timing correct for photos overlays during a video. I also can't always get the text to match up and of course there is not a good closed caption feature.

Easy way to create short videos

Really like this software for quickly creating and publishing short videos.

Pros

Easy to upload photos and videos - the software does the rest.

Cons

Sometimes a little limited in the types of videos offered.

It is what you are looking for!

It has been a super easy and fun way to create video for our online presence when we don't know what the heck we are doing.

Pros

SO EASY TO USE. In the age of telling a story via video online, this product will give you what you want. You can edit, add music, add graphics.

Cons

No followers so I truly used this software to create a video to share elsewhere. No one I know uses this program.

Happy Customer

Pros

One of the best things about this software is the ease of use and the amazing customer service. I had an issue and emailed the customer service address (not expecting a response anytime soon) and heard back the next morning. They were very respectful and helpful, my issue was solved within 24 hours. I love this software and service and would recommend it to anyone!

Cons

The price was a little high for me since I have imovie for free but a great software for anyone who does not have imovie!

Magisto

Overall Magisto is easy to use, user friendly and I would recommend to someone looking to make videos for personal or business use.

Pros

Super easy to use, great options for templates! So far I have only used the Free Trial but am considering purchasing a monthly subscription because the software makes video editing so easy!

Cons

The monthly subscription fee is high, but if you use the program daily it would be worth it.

Not Bad but not great

Compared to other video makers, it was just OK. I did find it expensive for monthly costs. I was happy to have used a free trial.

Pros

There are some nice templates with this program.

Cons

Everytime I wanted to change a video, I would have to first make a copy and then change the copy. That was a little frustrating

A video-generating no-brainer

Quick answer to a question. About 25% the cost of the other video generator I was using before.

Pros

Fairly intuitive to use. Love the access to iStock photos and a Vimeo account. Cost was 75% less than what I was paying for something similar.

Cons

Took several trial-and-error starts to figure it out. Would have like a step-by-step tutorial or video to walk us through key features or at list first try.

Fun!

Magisto is great for social media content creation. Easy to use and gives a fun feel to the finished product.

Pros

Making short films on the go is so easy with Magisto. It gives the user enough creative power unlike a template but still offers music choices and template options.

Cons

You have to have an idea for what you want to create. No fill in the blank templates.

A nice app to edit videos on the go

I worked on Magisto as a tester, and I actually enjoyed the app, although I'm not entirely sure I would suggest it to experienced users or people who already know the basics of editing. It's a good starting point for users who are interested in creating "stories" and short videos, while also keeping them relatively simple.

Pros

The app is fairly easy to navigate through, and offers a nice range of editing possibilities, which are pretty good to be used "on the go"

Cons

Some functions were a little intricate to use, and I would say most options do not offer enough customization.

Stuck in Subscription

Pros

It makes cool videos, easy to use and quickly. I liked that the video was easily downloaded to my iPhone and was emailed to me. I love that I can add music to my videos.

Cons

I was unable to cancel my subscription via their app, website or through customer service. The customer service person responds with a vague response and refuses to help me.

Exceeded my expectations

Pros

Broad variety of songs! Also, I’m satisfied with the video quality, with diverse amount of artistic ideas for my videos, with very colorful and interesting effects!

Cons

The music won’t play until I add it in the video, which makes it inconvenient because it takes a lot of time to pick the most fitting song. Also, The app loads very long time, I don’t think the premium price worth it.

Super easy to make decent videos

Is great for running localized Facebook campaigns and testing different videos in different sizes on a limited budget!

Pros

- Very easy to use - Library of free to use stock images and videos - Lots of different themes to choose from

Cons

- Would like to have more flexibility to make more complex videos - Would like to have simple editing for current videos

They will Scam you on the free trial

Terrible customer service. They will ignore your messages and leave you un answered. They will scam you on the free 7 day trial. I canceled within the time and they still charged me. They ignored me even after I sent them proof I canceled. They are dishonest and I wouldn't trust doing business with them.

Pros

Was easy to use and had good footage. Simple.

Cons

Still very bare and minimal. Not as in depth for the price.

MY VIEW ON USE OF MAGISTO

it was good i enjoyed this software i would recommend it to every body its easy in use and its features and functions are awesome .

Pros

This software is Phenomenal all you have to do is to select the photos, select the videos ,select the duration select the themes, select the song and they do the rest for you .So easy in use for both the beginners and experts .Its best for seminars trips events and stuff like that .

Cons

Things that i don't like about it is that you are stuck with what you get ,you only have one title text ,you gonna pay money if you wanna use it on instagram.

Cute app

Pros

Makes cute movies with an app which was pretty easy. The free trial period was nice. It's more like moving pictures.

Cons

It's expensive after the trial. The free version is limited. There are free apps that do a better job.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.