DropSecure Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.67/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

The product is extremely easy to use and the customer service is some of the best I have ever seen. Very happy to have found DropSecure.
My absolute favorite thing about this product is the ease of use on the student end. Not requiring a log in has really increased the number of documents we are able to successfully collect.
The best thing I like about DropSecure is that my patients or providers do not need to create a username and password and it is still more secure than any traditional file sharing service.
Limited to 20 files at a time. We send crime scene photos and usually have to send 75-100 photos from one case, which translates to 4-5 emails for the recipient.
N/A - I haven't used it long enough to identify any problem areas for our team.

Mattias G.

Airlines/Aviation, 10,001+ employees

Intuitive, reliable data exchange / collaboration solution comes with excellent customer support

DropSecure allows for quick and secure data exchange with our customers. The team behind DropSecure is very friendly and competent.

Pros

Companies do restrict access to files sharing sites for security reason, which makes data sharing quite difficult. DropSecure is accessible by most of the customers we are dealing with. The team behind DropSecure was willing and capable to make required adjustments in short time.

Cons

Company IT security settings blocked the site despite fulfillment of all security requirements.

Mattias, thanks so much for the excellent review. I am looking forward to having an opportunity to work with you again!

MD

Mani D.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Must have for Accountants!

From signing up to receiving documents , it took us under 10 minutes. Its great that we can customize it to our branding. With 2FA feature on all user logins, folder creation, activity monitoring and easy user interface , it was a no-brainer. To top that , cust support has been amazing.

Pros

Highest level of Encryption level and ease of use

Cons

Nothing at the moment. I believe the more we use this software , we will end up with a "wish list" which we will communicate with DropSecure account management team.

CB

Caitlin B.

Accounting, self-employed

I like it!

So far so good. Only been using it for about a month but seems to work seamlessly on a computer. Customer Service is amazing, they worked with me and my branding as a single user!

Pros

No-knowledge encryption is great! I know that I am securely sharing files

Cons

Not mobile friendly, would be better if clients were able to easily access docs via their phone

EO

Edie O.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great product

Customer service is great

Pros

Easy to use for collecting sensitive data

Cons

Have not found anything that could be improved at this time

RS

Rick S.

Financial Services, self-employed

Super Easy!

Super easy and efficient!!

Pros

The most notable thing, my clients do not need to create an account or download anything. Drag and drop!....

Cons

Integration was easy. A desired feature that would be nice is having email reminders set to go out for X number of days when requesting documents. This is still awesome though!

Thank you very much Rick for the outstanding review. Do spread the word about us to your friends and colleagues

RM

Rosanne M.

Accounting, self-employed

Best customer service I have EVER experienced

The customer service is amazing. Although the chat said someone would get back to me within 48 hours someone got back to me within one minute the first time I needed help. The second time was late on a Sunday night and I got a response within 2 minutes. I tried the free trial for about two hours and was sold on it.

Pros

I work with sensitive personal information and want to protect my clients from identity theft. Providing them a secure link to upload their information is critically important . Drop secure provides a link and then notifies me when my clients have uploaded their documents.

Cons

I was hoping to rename documents but that feature is not yet available.

Hi Rosanne, really appreciate your wonderful feedback. We will look into the feature of renaming documents. If you need anything else in future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

JH

Jerry H.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Intuitive Product for us and our customers

The ability to send and receive files securely from customers.

Pros

The great simple features to secure files to our external customers over the Internet.

Cons

I don't have any cons for our use case. We use the software to transfer files back and forth to our customers. We switched from FileShare by Citrix because of the cost and overcrowded feature set. We needed a simple tool for our customers to send files reliably and securely. DropSecure does that. It accomplishes that well.

Thanks Jerry for the excellent review. Your comments are very helpful and help us strive to keep our user interface clean and simple.

FM

Felix M.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Most User-Friendly Affordable Secure Document Sharing

I have had an amazing experience. I highly recommend this software for anyone that deals with sensitive information such as banking, tax returns, medical records, payroll records, insurance records, government records etc.

Pros

I have been using DropSecure since 2019, and prior to that I had tried several other file sharing services over the last decade or so. As of this writing, I have to argue that this is the BEST I have ever laid my hands on. I have used expensive tools/applications for transferring files back and forth between my company and clients. DropSecure is amazingly easy to set up, easy to use, easy for the recipient to download their file and most importantly, very affordable. I have not needed a lot of tech support, but the 2 or 3 times I reached out, I was met with nothing but pleasant people willing to go the extra mile to make sure you got all the help you needed. It is worth noting that DropSecure is so easy that chances of needing tech support are very minimal.

Cons

There is nothing not to like about DropSecure. It is an excellent choice.

SV

Samudra V.

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Great value for money and ease of use for a secure communication software

Secure communication and sharing of encrypted files.

Pros

Ease of use, security, end to end encryption, cost effective.

Cons

Not much. It does what it is supposed to do.

Thanks Samudra for the wonderful review. We are glad to have you as our valued customer.

DN

Daniel N.

Government Administration, 1-10 employees

Exactly the software I was looking for

I was looking for a way to share multiple large files with sensitive content. DropSecure allowed my office to share files with ease without the recipient needing to jump through several hoops to access the received files.

Pros

The ability to share large files securely.

TP

Tyler P.

Financial Services, self-employed

Awesome Secure & Easy-to-Use File Sharing Service with an A++ Support Team!

I had a unique situation where I got married and legally changed my name. I use my URL on a daily basis, and changing the URL from my old name to my new name would cause the old link to break and no longer work. I submitted a support ticket to see if there'd be a way to create a new URL and allow the old link to continue to work. Their engineering team quickly worked on a solution. Thank you for all of your help (especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT])! I'm a very happy customer!

Pros

The web interface (both on the admin and user end) is very easy to use.

Cons

More integrations with other apps. Otherwise, I'm very happy with the software.

Hi Tyler, thanks so much for the wonderful review. I am glad we were able to solve your quickly. In future please do not hesitate to contact us for any other questions/suggestions.

MH

Megan H.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Excellent value and extremely easy for clients

Drop Secure and their engineers have been helpful and prompt, and implementation was a breeze.

Pros

Cons

I think that not having a system of cataloguing by name, e-mail, etc., makes it hard to refer back to something received previously, but I think for the price that would honestly be too much to ask.

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review and feedback. We are working on an easier way to catalog the received emails. Will be in touch with you to see if we are able to accomplish your requirements.

JK

Joseph K.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

A secure document transmission platform

Our institution is very pleased with the platform. The Dropsecure price is extremely affordable and easy to use!

Pros

The platform provides a seamless interface to interact with receiving secure documents from individuals. This helps our institution comply with FERPA guidelines.

Cons

I think the product works well and I've not experienced any negatives with the platform.

Hi Joseph, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. Really appreciate your feedback and highlighting our efforts to keep the portal extremely secure, yet intuitive.

DD

Dr. Devang S.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

ease of use

Pros

Cons

I liked the simplicity. Dropsecure is perfect for my need.

SM

Samuel M.

Government Relations, 1-10 employees

DropSecure is game changing!

It completely solves the problem of recipients stating they didn't receive your documents.

Pros

The features that come with product, ALL Inclusive. This make submitting documents a breeze. My clients aren't worried anymore about their financial information getting out to the public.

Cons

Nothing. Everything is very informative and the demo was great..

Hi Sam, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and realizing the efforts we take to keep all our user data end-to-end encrypted.

YL

Yzidro L.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Dropsecure review

Great.

Pros

Ease of use and encryption. The customization is nice too.

Cons

Not being able to identify a folder I would like the documents to download into onto my computer hard drive. This would be nice to have some sort of plug in access to download so i can drop the documents direct in the file of my choice.

Thanks Yzidro for the great review and your feedback. Desktop client is definitely on our roadmap and we will keep you updated.

AP

Archie P.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Great price for the features

Pros

The email add in for outlook was key and pretty easy to deploy. Support and development team are pretty good too. Always ready to help and listen to us regarding product updates.

Cons

I wish we can get the attach large files direct from the email add in.

Thanks Archie for taking the time to review us. Appreciate your feedback! We are looking into removing the file limitation for outlook addin.

AH

Alexandra H.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Awesome system and well worth it!

They have made it easy and effective for people to share documents with us securely. Also the DropSecure team was very quick on responses if we ever had any questions!

Pros

It is very user friendly and very easy for our candidates to maneuver. It is also very convienent that the person uploading their documents doesn't have to make an account!

Cons

Everything was great, no cons to this software yet!

Hi Alexandra, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. Pleasure working with you!

NM

Nancy M.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Outstanding Product

Excellent

Pros

Security is important to my government customers.

Cons

Not applicable to my review of this product.

Thanks Nancy, for the wonderful feedback. We are always there to support you as you get your account fully setup.

JL

Jo L.

Medical Practice, self-employed

DropSecure is a Must Have for Sending Your Sensitive Files

Absolute love DROPSECURE. Customer service is AMAZING in this day and age.

Pros

DropSecure is very easy to use and is very straight forward.

Cons

I think the software could be improved by allowing the administrator to see when the file is downloaded and how many times.

Thanks Jo for the wonderful feedback. We consider you one of the power user - and your suggestions are really valuable and looking forward to getting them implemented.

RL

Renee L.

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

Great experience with DropSecure

great!

Pros

Love how easy it is to utilize on a day to day

Cons

Sometimes its hard to navigate back to an individuals message from clicking straight from the email to open up the URL, but other than that its easy to use!

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback. We will certainly look into simplifying the navigation.

JH

Jade H.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Great product

Pros

We were looking for software that was secure for document sharing. Our clients send us documents with confidential information and it was important that it was secure and user-friendly.

Cons

N/A - I haven't used it long enough to identify any problem areas for our team.

KP

Kris P.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Brand New To The Software

We are a new customer, but so far so good

Pros

Customer Service - from demos to sign up to chat - all very pleasant, helpful, and quick to respond.

Cons

Training - nothing scheduled, just videos. Chat rep was excellent in helping with my questions

JS

Jason S.

Defense & Space, 1-10 employees

Great CMMC Compliant File Sharing Solution

Pros

Encrypted File Sharing running on GovCloud

Cons

No issues so far. Everything has worked well.

Hi Jason, thanks for taking the time to review us. Glad everything worked out well. Looking forward to serving your secure file needs.

TS

Tina S.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Easy and simple to use

Pros

Be able to request documents from clients

Cons

be able to transfer file directly from here to another software

Hi Tina, thanks so much for taking the time to review. Really appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you as our subscribed customer :)