Icecream Screen Recorder Reviews

Screen Recording and video sharing for SMBs

Review Summary

Sterling T.

Lotte G.

My overall experience with this software is amazing.

Ruth H.

Ruth H.

4.4

Excellent screen recorder but many limitations in the free version

The software is useful to show a specific procedure in much more detail to my clients or colleagues. The use of this software is very casual and more in its free version.

Pros

Record videos easily due to the very good interface it offers. Its organization makes it very easy to use, even for users not very experienced in the field. I can record any area of my screen or save screenshots. It is an app that stands out for being very intuitive and very lightweight, it also keeps constantly updated.

Cons

It has too many limitations. I cannot record more than 5 minutes and it includes a watermark of the software. Apart from the limitations, the software offers very few formats and video codecs, so from my point of view it is preferable to opt for other solutions with more benefits.

Guide your Staff to the Right Direction through Icecream Screen Recorder

Having this software helped to educate in house staff and staff who are located in different geographical areas and time zones. There are many instances we had to utilize this tool to guide finance and operation teams which are located in various countries. Moreover, This software helped our company to save our expenses on Air Travel, taxi, accommodation, and insurance. Simultaneously, inhibited repetition of training multiple times. I can assure you that this tool will never let you down.

Pros

1. This software allows you to record your whole activity in your PC, without missing a single mouse pointer movement. 2. Never encountered gaps in the recorded videos or any sort of a glitch. 3. Does not interrupt your activity despite the recording has started, you will not even notice that there is a background recording occurring. 4. Once the recording is finished it quickly goes to a dashboard where it allows the user to decide how to deal with the final output. For Example whether to upload it to YouTube, google drive or Direct Dropbox. This is a plus point in this software. 5. Enable user to customize the region he wants to record, hence the user can utilize the other area to continue his other activities on PC.

Cons

1. Audio quality sometimes not smooth but this is an area where the developers can easily improve the quality of the audio output. 2. Shortcut keys can assign to keyboard letters rather than using multiple keys at once. For example, you need to press Ctrl+Shift and C simultaneously just to do a copy. 3. The user always has some sort of a worry whether the recording saves in a third party location or a drive, hence developers need to find a way to increase customer reliability and satisfaction for the recording videos.

The easiest-to-use screen recorder I've ever known

It has helped me a lot for didactic exercises that I have done for my colleagues and clients, so I take the opportunity to add annotations and zoom in on the videos to improve the understanding of a process. I think that taking video is better than taking a thousand screenshots and a huge time saver at the end.

Pros

With Icecream Screen Recorder I can record all areas of my computer easily and convert videos to different formats, including MP4. It is very intuitive in all its aspects, the edition is very friendly so I can have pretty decent results to be able to share my videos on a professional level without any problem. Many new features for video editing have been added, so these improvements in the software are greatly appreciated.

Cons

It is almost useless in its free version, since it adds a watermark that reduces the professionalism of the video. Likewise, it has very few video formats in any of its versions, so it is very limited in that aspect. Sometimes the audio gets distorted when I edit the video, so I find it difficult to correct the segments I need.

A very easy to use software

Pros

This software is very simple because it can be easily run on computers & laptops. It operates in any configuration.

Cons

I will be the first to say that is good in this software. It can be easily recorded with this software. However, in that software, can't record more than 10 minutes continuously, which I didn't like.

Going beyond the Boundaries with Icecream Recorder

Since I am into the Educational sector, this has become a fundamental tool in my office. Especially we have branches in our country, likewise outside the country; therefore to educate my subordinates and students in onshore and offshore, I never had to book a time slot or think of geographical distance because Icecream software has enabled me to eliminate all these obstacles and record some quality videos. My simple advice is, if you are into the educational sector and want to reach your students and teams, this is a must software in your office.

Pros

Very elegant software to use and I did not have to waste a single second to learn this fabulous software because it is quite user-friendly. So far never experienced a recording hiccups in terms of picture quality; hence giving a big thumbs up on this feature. Access to Video Dashboard and sharing a recorded video has never been this easy in my life.

Cons

While I am writing this, I badly want to find any negative points about this fascinating software, unfortunately, I hardly found anything, therefore, you guys won this game with me. Nothing much to say but few modifications can be done. For example, allow several PCs to add to the Pro version instead of limiting to few. Further, can reduce hotkeys to either 2 or 1 key.

Must Software in your PC if you are into Training a Team

Since I am into a tacit knowledge-based industry I need to record the work I do to show my staff, thanks to Icecream software this activity has become very easy and neat; therefore I am over the moon with this software. I never received any concern about recorded videos because all clips delivered a great result. Thank you very much, developers.

Pros

Very useful software, as it can capture exactly what I experience on my interface. No blurry images or stuck moments throughout the work. I never had a disruptive situation with other running programs while recording the screen. Quick upload to Dropbox is a very handy feature. Finally, having the option to convert to GIF is always an Ice-breaking moment for the watching team.

Cons

Watermark is placed only in the default area where the developer has given. Developers can increase customer satisfaction by guaranteeing video is password protected by placing an option to put a password to open sharing files; however, this is just a suggestion only.

High quality recorder with simple Interface.

Perfect tool for recording screen in high resolution easily.

Pros

The thing I like most about Icecream screen recorder is it is very easy to use . Unlike other recorders it does not have a lot of buttons that confuses me about which one to use.

Cons

It slowed down my pc for the first few seconds at least two times. The cursor keeps blinking always, though this is not a big deal.

Ice Cream Screen Recorder

This app can only be best experienced on the premium package and the trial version is mostly a tease to see what it can do which promises to be quite a lot including scheduling recording, converting videos and adding your own custom watermark

Pros

its simplicity. The screen recorder is very simple too use, you can record any area of your screen and include sound and feed from your webcam with speed and ease.

Cons

I used the trial version which only lets you record upto a maximum of 5minutes and leaves watermarked content . You also get only one output video format in webm while the other options are available only to the premium

This is a good quality screen recorder

My overall experience with this software is amazing. I like this software.

Pros

This software is easy to operate. It can record your screen nicely. You can add audio and use your microphone to record.

Cons

The free version has some limitations but the paid version is really excellent!

Icecream Screen Recorder

We use it to record steps that we would want our clients to take. It makes it easy to illustrate

Pros

The User Interface is simple and easy to use.

Cons

The free version of the software has very limited features

A preeminent scree recorder ever

Icecream screen recorder is an extremely simple screen recorder by which you record your fullscree with great calrity. It doesn't have any limitations. It have tool box to identify an object. For providing tutoral it is great and it also identify hot keys entered.

Pros

It is very easy to use.it can record in any format from low resolution to high. It can record full screen size and game also. It doesn't have any time limits and watermark. We can draw and underline an object with drawing features during recording

Cons

It has very limited editing facilities.