MindMup Reviews

Anonymous

Very useful for planning

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-03-17

We use it for objective planning of future business strategy.

Pros
Links to google docs/drive. Free and premium versions are equally useful. Endless mapping size. Zoom, reorganize with ease.

Cons
Can take a while to load but not super slow or anything like that.

MUHAMMAD SHAKEEL

Mind Reader

Reviewed 2018-12-27

Pros
MindMup is basically Mind mapping application that helps you let your ideas flow on a chart. Instead of paper, you can save your ideas on the cloud. You can also use it as whiteboard in online sessions or meetings. You can also attach a picture or any other document to any object. With unlimited users, it's the cheapest mind map available in the market for Enterprise.

Cons
You can not arrange object with custome lines. It has its own curved line that adjust itself accounding to objecs position.

Quai Franklin

MIndmup - Useful for Basics

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-01-21

Pros
Mindmup is straightforward to set up and connect with Google Drive. This connects it with you Google account and leaves a mindmup file in the folders on your Google Drive.

Cons
While most of the functionality works well and has some good keyboard shortcuts, it can also be a bit confusing. It's sometimes unclear which object you're leaving a comment on for example, as it has separate user pane to work on for thing like comments, but doesn't necessarily make it clear which object is being acted on.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Angela Canter

Great Graphic/Visual Tool for Learning

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-12-11

I use this software with students in creating mindmaps an d capturing notes during lessons. The mindmaps can be screenshot and then shared, as well as saved. it is an excellent tool to differentiate learning and to graphically organize student instructional content and curricular connections.

Pros
I love the fact that not only is this program almost effortless, but it is a fun and manipulative way to organize thinking in a creative fashion. Students have reported that this is one of their favorite note-taking tools.

Cons
Printing. When we try to print the mind maps, they are either scaled way too small too read or take multiple pages. if you want to print this , you have to be strategic to ensure you only use "document sized" space, as you aren't forced into this option.

Rika Lukac

Can't acces my file anymore

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-02-12

Pros
Easy to draw the mind maps. Nice colors, elegant looking.

Cons
I can't open my file anymore, even though I downloaded it, I keep getting the same error message: "There was a problem connecting to Mindup. Please try again later." WTHF??

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Antti Wright

Just great for personal use

Reviewed 2019-07-16

Probably the JSON format allows clever people to write import and export filters to automate...e.g. to compose product structure in MindMup and export that to ERP?

Pros
I like that I could get started free. It is much cleaner to write stuff to MindMup than using pencil and eraser to achieve the same on paper. I like how the app integrates with Google and saves its data to Google Drive. I did not have to create a new account anywhere. I made the mistake of starting my first map in Cloud storage mode but I was still able to export the data to a .mup file and then open it again while in Drive storage mode. PNG export looked good.

Cons
Perhaps I am doing it wrong or have not found these features yet but... My map grew quite large, to the point where I would have had use for hierarchical maps (link to another map from a node). If MindMup would be used for business then I think at least linking to external documents would be needed.

Shain Ahmed

Mind Mup

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-02-28

Pros
MindMup is idea mapping application that help me let my ideas bloom on chart. Its cloud based applicaiton. The beauty is its so simple to use and learn. Its free for individuals users and keep data on cloud upto 6 months. It also adjusts the containers or objects it self, so don't need to worry about arranging them.

Cons
Its difficult to manage longer notes in MindMup

Anonymous

Mindmup is a great little flowchart tool!

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-21

Using mindmup free version to determine if it is user-friendly enough to purchase for a team. It has made the cut to the top three at this point.

Pros
This tool was super easy to learn, very easy to put together flow charts and diagrams. Using the free version

Cons
The only complaint I have (and it may be a quirk of thefree version) is that each time I edit a mindmup, it generates a new URL save - so if I am not careful, if working with bookmarks I end up opening the wrong one.