Slidebean Reviews

David Lee

Spice Up Your Presentation Slide

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-04-19

I use Slidebean to prevent the others from using my slide if I email it to them.

Pros
- simple to use - ready templates to speed up or inspire your slide design process. - sharing with the option to lock with a password so you can track who has viewed your slide - analytic although pretty redundant to me. Maybe someone else will find it useful. - lately they have added in A.I functionality to spice up your presentation

Cons
Hmm... I have a strange love-hate feeling towards this app. On one hand, it feels simple to use but on the other, I blame it for not having enough flexibility. Once you have chosen a template, there really isn't much room inside for you to play with. So ended up you'll feel like there are a few slides having the layout you like while another few only so so. Because I need to put in a lot of graphic in my presentation, I hope to see more options for showcasing those graphics. The team need to increase their template options to cater for people that have different needs instead of focusing on Startup Pitch Deck only.

Response from Slidebean

Hi David, thanks for your honest review. This is going to help us improve Slidebean.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Melanie Evans

This Has Become My Go To Tool for Pitch Decks

Reviewed 2019-04-06

The quality of the appearance of our pitch decks has improved 200%. And while it's what you say in that pitch that matters most first impressions and apparences count and the fact the agency has won jobs over bigger companies has at least a little to do with this.

Pros
Pitches are a part of daily life for my agency, and although over the years we have tried a number of pitch deck softwares when I found Slidebean I haven't used anything else since. It's hard to pick a best feature. It's not a steep learning curve to begin using it successfully, the design templates are great and the customer service is fantastic. A favorite tool for sure.

Cons
There's nothing to not like here. If you need to present pitch decks and do not maintain a full time design department to do it for you then this is the best tool out there.

Response from Slidebean

Melanie thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are more than happy to know that you found value in Slidebean.
We wish you the best!

Edwin S.

Sleek and breathy slides; it separates content from design and eliminates the huge learning curve

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-07-28

It does the thinking for me in terms of design and formatting, and that is where a lot of time was wasted when I created slides. And I don't need to spend extra time learning what a huge range of tools does when it's done for me automatically in the background.

Pros
I've used the classic PowerPoint for many years and I still use that at time for particular reasons when I need hefty presentations rich in facts and figures. But more often than not, I need sleek and breathy slides that showcases tastefully 1 or 3 points per slide. I find Slidebean to do a neat job at separating content from design. Unlike what I was used to previously and that was tons of tools and a huge learning curve, Slidebean's design and formatting is automated and can be tweaked quickly. Since the end result doesn't require perfection, I'm rather grateful with the automation features as I don't have to be too creative myself and I can rather cherry pick the suggestions I'm offered.

Cons
It works for me. No hiccups there. Tweaking and editing just takes getting used to, but I knew what my expectations were when I went in, and they were met.

Response from Slidebean

Edwin thanks for your review, we are glad you found Slidebean useful. We have something new coming in the nexts days. We'll keep you posted.

Mike Myers

Buggy and terrible customer support

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Pros
Some of the App templates they have are very nice The animations of graphics are tastefully done and the graphics are fairly good.

Cons
Graphs dont allow you to adjust the range which often leads to a lot of blank space. No way to adjust the width of text or objects. Lining up multiple objects on a page is imprecise and the tools they offer to help have a major flaw. The price for what you get is waayyyyyy too high. But the cardinal sin is the awful customer service. I accidentally deleted a graphic from the AirBNB slide deck and tried to return it using ctrl z which did not work. I spent a few hours trying to figure it out on my own and eventually put a request out to the "live chat" support. It took them two days to respond and when they did, rather than acknowledge their software is buggy and offer one of several easy fixes I suggested they said "I'm sorry Mike, but as this template was used as a courtesy, there's no way to open up a new one. (confused emoji) If you are interested in upgrading your plan to have access to this and the other templates, I'd be happy to help you out. An automatic prorate would be applied. " Are you a new user that made a mistake using our flawed software? Well pay us more so you can remake your presentation from scratch! And enjoy our useless emojis! I think I'll pass and I encourage others to as well

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Anonymous

The fastest way to create a deck

Reviewed 2019-01-09

It works great. As you start to use it more, you will fall in love with it.

Pros
- Ease of use - They have intelligently separated out design from the content. You write your content at one place and Slidebean automagically creates a unique design for you based on that content. - Present on the web itself. - Send ppt as a web link which removed the need for a compatible version of ppt on the recipient machine.

Cons
Frankly nothing. They can do with more templates.

Wendy Lin

Site has numerous bugs and is very unstable

Reviewed 2019-10-22

Pros
Professional existing templates and easy to use.

Cons
The website is very very unstable. I am creating a deck for my company so I paid for an annual membership. For the past week, I used this platform everyday. There are some small bugs here and there such as the table chart etc. I understand that this is a newer platform and the team is ironing out issues. That is understandable. But then comes today. OMG. The website wiped out all my images and logos. Spoke with a support person. They said it is because Amazon Web Services is having issues so the images cannot load properly. I am pretty sure there is some sort of bug However, not only was the image not loading, it was doing crazy things. I tried to upload a picture, it turned my slide background black! I cannot export my presentation to PPT or anything. The representative whom I spoke with kept saying this is a AWS issue. He couldn't tell me when the issue can be fixed. These issues rendered my deck completely unusable. I am pretty sure this is not just an AWS issue. I like Slidebean until now. I didn't appreciate how they kept blaming everything on AWS and did not give me an estimate on when the problem will get resolved. Its unprofessional.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Oliver Braithwaite

A must for entrepreneurs

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-01-15

Pros
The slide deck templates from famous companies are priceless. Building on top of these forces you to do thorough research where you may have left holes and results in a deck with the wow factor.

Cons
Customising slides and rearranging elements is still a bit clunky and there are a few other minor bugs.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Heath Hamilton

Enhance your Pitch Deck and make your slides more visually striking.

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-08-09

Pros
I'm not the most "design" skilled person, one thing i struggle with is making presentations really pop and look striking or complex. Slidebean has really helped bring my presentations to life once i have all the data, text and graphs imported. If you are in a creative field (or presenting to a creative business) then Slidebean saves time on the visual aspect of your slide deck and makes sure it's more appealing for viewers. I like that it's intergrated with Powerpoint and Google Slides, not just their own platform - that way people think you designed everything yourself!

Cons
Nothing i disliked, but maybe they could integrate with more tools in future? If they could get skilled and help out with Prezi or Canva presentation, even though they are competitors, it would be fantastic. AS the downside to those other tools if the fact there's very little help and support. Slidebean on the other hand is very personal and supportive.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Paola Salmon

Never looked better

Reviewed 2016-11-02

I have to send presentations to my customers weekly and this tool has saved me around 1 day A WEEK of work, nobody knows it takes me minutes to put up a report way better looking than my coworkers

Pros
All resources are there, I don't have to go hunting for images or icons.

Cons
It sometimes has a hiccup when working in the collaboration mode (two people editing the same presentation)

Response from Slidebean

Soo happy to hear that Slidebean has saved you time :) We are currently working to improve the collaboration mode <3 so stick around :D

Really easy-to-use alternative to PowerPoint

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-07-10

Pros
You can instantly apply design changes across the full presentation and continue to do so, until you find a design which is a good fit for you. Also the native image bank is a big plus.

Cons
I can't think of anything which I don't like. Only, if you need to control and edit every single bit of your graphic elements, then SlideBean will not be for you.

Joby Ingram-Dodd

Great place to create and host your pitch decks

Reviewed 2018-04-18

Pros
The site has lots of templates including copies of the decks that companies like airbnb used to raise finance. You can also create your own from scratch, the system is very easy to use so you can have a great looking deck up and running very quickly. They also offer great tracking to see who is opening the deck how many views it getting etc. all hosted online.

Cons
My only criticism is that I would like more flexibility of the modifications I can make to a slide on the site. You do have the option of creating something in power point and keynote and uploading it, but it would be good to have that power online.

George Gonzalez-Rivas

Give it some time for you to shed your .ppt-thinking. Then you'll like it!

Reviewed 2018-09-21

It's really quite good! I have made my last few marketing decks in Slidebean (replacing Keynote which replaced powerpoint) and have been very happy. THe ability to share a link instead of a file means there's nothing to download which is something that frightens customers today.

Pros
You can make beautiful slides that are nicely formatted and have carefully chosen color schemes. At first it seems too limiting, but once you get the hang of the approach you'll find it very useful and easy.

Cons
I'm not crazy about the presentation experience... it builds one element per click -- I'd like to move along at 1 page per click. I'm worried that customers will get bored and abandon...

Anonymous

Early in the process, great value for money if you can get in now while they build out roadmap tech.

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Cloud slide presentation development at a good value for the cost of the product.

Pros
Love the easy edibility within the slide software. Pre-made templates to choose from that makes editing a professional presentation easy and accessible. They have the ability to share and integrate with ease.

Cons
The platform is newer, at least it seems to be, and that has caused the platform to seem not fully built out yet. The roadmap will include far more pre-made templates and integration features, however right now the value for money is on point with where they are in the development process.

Jackline Mejia

Bombass Presentation Software

Reviewed 2016-11-02

been using it for service proposals mostly but my clients seem to really love the format of delivering the proposal with a link and I can also use their insights to track how far along my clients got into the proposal

Pros
easy to use

Response from Slidebean

Happy our service proposal template are working out great for you :)

Richard Sanders

Really easy to use!

Reviewed 2016-12-01

So, I'm not very good with design, presentations or any of that. And with Slide bean I managed to make really clean slides, that actually look good, and it was easy. Overall very happy with the service, fast and simple.

Pros
Again, it's easy and to the point, great for quick slides, fast and simple presentations, I used it for some lectures no issues really.

Cons
It needs to grow a bit, I could use some other features, and maybe more kinds of elements, or an app to handle things on the phone, but as problems go, nothing mayor.

Anonymous

Excellent app to create visual and dynamic Presentations

Reviewed 2018-02-06

Excellent app to create very professional and visual presentations, with the possibility to share with other people and track it.

Pros
Excellent app that I love to create professional presentations. The Best think is that you can add a tracking when you share it, so you can check who opens it and who doesn't. I like all the templates and very visual dashboard.

Cons
I don't like that the number of templates is very limited and the number graphics, too. I miss the possibility to use a free picture library to implement and get better results.

Camille Ang

Creat great-looking presentations. A total time saver!

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-04-30

Pros
- It is a great replacement of PowerPoint. - Save time creating presentations. - Share and collaborate with others. - Can be exported to PDF.

Cons
- Needs more flexibility as we build custom slides. - Can't export to PPT. - Needs greater quality templates library.

Response from Slidebean

Thanks for the awesome review!
PPT export was recently added :)

Don Draper

I suck at design but you wouldn't know that with Slidebean

Reviewed 2016-11-02

Easy to learn tool that allows me to write great content while they take care of the design. I spend much less time on my decks now and end up with a higher quality result. Huge library of templates and content for your decks. Their chat support is great as well!

Pros
Value to me. Time savings and quality of the finished product.

Cons
It's buggy sometimes but what startup app isn't?

Anonymous

An amazing online presentation tool for use

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-03-22

The great advantage slidebean has is the insights which It can show it for the presentation.

Pros
Slidebean is an awesome online presentation tool which I think is more geared towards Pitch Desks. I had an opportunity to create a pitch desk with one of my clients and the option to see the insights of the presentation is very good to have.

Cons
They could include various themes and an option to create our own theme, right now there isn't many themes which personally like.

Isabella Sevilla

My favorite online presentation tool!

Reviewed 2016-11-02

I've been using Slidebean for over a year now and I love it! The simplicity of the platform and the variety of templates that it offers makes it a great presentation tool. Not only I would recommend it for startups, but also for marketers and businesses that need to create presentations on a daily basis.

Julian Jimenez

Best Presentation App out there!

Reviewed 2016-12-01

Slidebean is super easy to use! It helped me create awesome looking presentations for my startup! Great customer success team! Never using PowerPoint again!

Pros
Easy to use Awesome looking presentation Great Design Team Great Customer Success team Great Pricing

Cons
Nothing

Rocío Chacón

The best presentation experience

Reviewed 2016-12-01

The most versatile tool, simple and with multiple possibilities in terms of design. It is not easy to find all these attributes in a single platform, at the same time is accessible ($$) and with an awesome Customer Support team , always willing to provide the best customer service. Slidebean.

Maria Brito

very good, with this program I can make attractive online presentations very quickly.

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-06-23

Pros
It is extremely easy to use and allows you to create a presentation in a short time compared to other presentation programs. It has beautiful templates that allow you to guide yourself in the creation of presentations. The best thing that you have is the speed with which the changes are applied when you are creating or editing the presentation, also the loading time of the presentations is very fast.

Cons
has no free plan, only offer a trial period of 2 weeks and with most of the important functions blocked, you can not download the presentation in any of the popular formats such as ppt or pdf, nor can you share on social networks unless to subscribe to some of the payment plans.

JACKSON CHASE

Great slide sharing/pitching/presentation software

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-07-20

I picked this up on a lifetime deal from AppSumo in 2016, figuring I'd need it someday. That day finally came this year (2019) and I'm glad I invested in it to "future-proof" my business. The software seems much improved from the time it launched. I had no problems learning and using it, and I'm not much of a techie, so that's a good sign anyone can quickly master Slidebean.

Pros
This was easy to learn software that creates nice-looking, professional slides. It includes a library of animated GIFs, color palettes, pitch templates, and royalty-free stock photos to jazz your slides up.

Cons
I have not had any real problems with this software yet.

Response from Slidebean

Hi Jackson, we are so glad to know that we were able to bring value to you. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Cheers,

Slidebean Team

Joshua Sells

Great start but too buggy for real use

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2017-07-12

Pros
Easy quick and beautiful. Great starter templates and color themes. Love the icon library and the simple intuitive UI.

Cons
Too many small frustrations. Moving my entire layout when I add a content block. Pushing the title or other blocks off canvas so they have to be deleted and recreated. Buggy content editors causing me to have to input text over and over again. Things not saving, or overwriting other content blocks when making selections.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10