VT Docs

Document Analysis Software for Proposal and Contract Teams

VT Docs Reviews

Valerie O.

Sarah M.

I love the "new" dashboard as you have click only to do what you need/want to do. Everything about VT is wonderful, time-saving, and FUN.

Jean H.

Sarah M.

Elizabeth F.

Scott H.

4.9

Provides significant capability to quickly identify actionable information across many documents.

What used to take hours and days of reading, tagging and extracting key / actionable information from solicitation packages now takes us just seconds or minutes. As a user for about 2 years, it is obvious that the VisibleThread team continues to release new features and improve the others at a good pace. To speed up proposal reviews and improvements - we do this using the concept tracking features...

Pros

This is an experts' product that provides so many useful tools, that there is no way I can even begin to address them all in the word limit this survey allows. We continually come up with new methods to automate portions of our analytical and document preparation work with VisibleThread. We are a bid /proposal management firm supporting customers on over 100 proposal projects each year across a wide...

Proposal Manager's helper

We have it set up on an internal computer so it's available for commercial and government proposals. Our team uses it a lot.

Pros

I use Visible Thread a lot for building acronym lists. It cuts the time down significantly by showing me what is spelled out and what isn't, where it is 1st used in the text and not spelled out, duplicates, etc. I can download a report, fix the document and create the first past list. I also provide reports to authors to improve writing such as passive and long sentences.

Cons

It doesn't always catch the acronyms when they are not capitalized when spelled out which we do a lot so not to interrupt our readers concentration and retention.

Shredding documents in minutes!

VisibleThread is a versatile tool that meets the needs of our company. It has helped RFP turnaround time as well as improved our proposal content.

Pros

I use visible thread to shred all incoming RFPs/RFIs. It cuts time from hours sometimes days to minutes. The interface is easy to use and very straight forward. I like the fact you can choose key words to dissect your RFP which helps eliminate user error. Dictionaries is a feature any RFP tool should implement. While shredding the document it also helps provide assignments to one's responsibility matrix. The support team is at your fingertips. They provide video tutorials, quarterly demos of features one might not know about, and training sessions if needed.

Cons

No central repository for responses like some other cloud based companies offer. I would like the capability of creating a template or customizing the output of the responsibility/compliance matrix. I currently have to format it in a way our internal team is accustomed to reading compliance/responsibility matrices. Lastly, there should be a way to remind admins of any updates to the software, unless one is proactive and reaches out to VT, there is no way of knowing if you're running on the latest and greatest version.

Great Vision

Pros

The software user interface is easy to navigate and use. The features and capabilities appear robust without being overly complicated to review like other comparative software.

Cons

It takes the vision; it requires multiple customized solutions which I believe turns many users away from actively exercising the software to its full potential. More out of the box dictionary starters or external support in establishing custom solutions to meet the needs of the various users would help initial roll out and active continued use over time.

VT Docs helps us work smarter, not harder!

Our Bid Team has been using Visible Thread for around 6 months now. It has been an excellent tool in improving the quality and internal compliance checks on our tender responses. For small proposals we have been using functions such as the acronym checker, which has led to our teams being more mindful of this in their writing. On major proposals we have used concept tracking as a tool for interrogating...

Pros

VT Docs has a fantastic user interface, it is easy on the eye, easy to navigate and intuitive to use. The support team have been invaluable, with tech-gurus readily available for one-to-one coaching when needed as well as ongoing support from the sales team on new tips and tricks. There is also a library of videos and documents to facilitate learning the full functionality. The outputs such as annotated word files and excel reports are incredibly easy to use and incorporate into our bids process. As a Bid Manager, I find this tool takes a lot of stress and time out of combing through large volumes of both internal and client documentation.

Cons

Some of the terminology used for given functions e.g. discovery and concept tracking are not immediately intuitive. It does take some time to get used to using those terms but once you get the hang of it, it's fine. The support team are always on hand to help with reminders and coaching along the way.

If you want to save time/money on your proposal work, VisibleThread (VT) is definitely your answer!

I am a 7-year user and have watched a wonderful evolution of VT. My work group and I have made numerous suggestions, which, to my delight, have been incorporated into VT. I feel honored and privileged that VT personnel would listen to me AND create a software update that does exactly what I suggested. I love that and feel honored. In addition, I LOVE going to the yearly VT Conferences in VA ... they are always entertaining and enlightening. It doesn't hurt, either, that the workers and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of VT know me by name. That is thrilling to me.... I know someone who is IMPORTANT! Yee Haw!

Pros

I LOVE every bit of this software! Shreds take 15-20 minutes to complete instead of 2-3 weeks. Compares take 10-15 minutes, the results come back in 1 Excel document with the 2 original side-by-side ... and take less than 10 minutes to completion, instead of 2-3 weeks. Acronyms take somewhat longer due to undefined acros, but still take 30-60 minutes to complete. Readability takes less than 5 minutes...

Cons

I have no trouble with the Excel macros because I am an Excel expert .... but many people have trouble with macros simply because they do not understand or know Excel all that well. Thanks for this wonderful feature, no matter if it is somewhat difficult to use. Other than this, there is NOTHING I dislike about VT! nothing at all!!!!

Visible Thread's Unexpected Utility & Value

Absolutely amazing. It's been a huge time and effort saver - its value greatly outweighs its costs. I have convinced all of my past three employers to buy and use it, and it remains in place. So it isn't just me. It requires creativity to get the most out of it, and my investment of time devising creative uses has driven my success using the tool. It is uniquely useful in the Government Contracting field. It has made my Business Development, Capture, and Proposal Writing efforts easier, better, and much more successful. All of the big wins I brag about involved using VT to scrub teammates, to develop themes by efficiently analyzing many lengthy documents, and instantly producing error-free compliance matrixes to ensure I didn't miss anything.

Pros

Value: proposals involving a dozen staff in 2011 now involve 2 or 3. This tool makes those fewer people competitive with the output (quality and quantity). Everyone has to do more with fewer people to help. This tool helps fill that gap. Time-saving - not all time is equal in the Gov. contracting industry, and VT saves a lot of time in critical moments: after solicitations are released and after amendments...

Cons

You have to know who in your organization does what - they're used to doing things the hard & slow way. Your recruiter can use this to 'scrub' scores of resumes at a time against a specific requirement - but you have to know VT can do this and explain how to adopt the tool into their process. The same goes for every member of a proposal team and members of your corporate staff. In the same way that Excel does not do an accountant's job for them - it changes the nature of their work. They no longer worry about arithmetic, but they do have to worry about formulas, etc.

A Product to Save Time and Improve Quality

My overall experience has been outstanding, and I have been able to deliver quality documents to a variety of clients in less time, saving them money. Using Visible Thread's many capabilities, such as Concept Dictionaries, I have been able to pull out key concepts necessary to respond to requests for proposals and meet customer requirements. I have been able to show clients where we, as a team, needed to include additional information to help win business. Overall, Visible Thread has helped me as a small business in consultant delivering professional solutions.

Pros

Visible Thread has many features that make it an excellent tool in a writer's tool chest, particularly for proposal writing. I use its Readability feature frequently to demonstrate to technical managers that I need to edit their writing so others may understand it better. This feature also show progress as writing is improved. I also use the Compliance Matrix to ensure I've met proposals' requirements...

Cons

I found it a little difficult to navigate at first, but then found the support personnel excellent. Visible Thread's Help documentation and videos are easy to follow, too. In the time since I first became a customer (11/2017), Visible Thread has also added many new webinars and a Visible Thread University to help clients understand the many available features and options available.

Core tool for accelerating business development, proposal and contract compliance processes

It's been a huge time saver, easy to find related content across multiple documents. VisibleThread is perfect for shredding documents to reveal the content that is relevant to your business. Ability to create a single fully traceable view across RFx requirements, themes, partner capabilities and evaluation factors. This saves a ton of time when reviewing opportunities and making bid decisions.

Pros

Content Analysis: Visible Thread is great for shredding RFP documents, analyzing all content and use of acronyms. The result is an easily consumed presentation. Multiple Document Insight: Flexibility to discover the content you need with the click of a button across all documents within a folder. Speed Speed Speed: The quickest way to discover information that is otherwise buried in many sources. We use Visible Thread to analyze potential targets and to generate compliant and responsive RFx responses. It serves as a "force multiplier" for our small team. We've greatly reduced the time spent assessing and responding to acquisition packages and can focus on things we can win.

Cons

You must maintain and build dictionaries in order to get the most effective results. However, Visible Thread provides community sharing (Dictionary Marketplace) to help accelerate this task.

Amazing feature set

VisibleThread is perfect for breaking work bid documents and highlighting the content that is relevant to your business. This saves a ton of time when needing to review a bid and decide if it should be bid upon or not.

Pros

While the most mentioned features are great, some of the more overlooked features are real time savers. The comparison tool for both PDF/Word and Excel are the best I have ever used. They provide a fast and outstanding overview of the changes to a document version. Also the acronym checker is excellent to help you verify that you have defined all your acronyms in your document.

Cons

The time is takes to reload the folder structure, since all changes to th folder list or folder content forces a refresh. And with hundreds of folders, this can take some time.

Instant boost to your proposal efforts and p-win

We use VT for almost every RFP. It is an essential tool in our proposal response toolbox. And it's not just the software, from client services to training to support, Visible Thread the entire experience is outstanding. If you're in the business of responding to RFPs, this is a critical tool to add.

Pros

"Out of the box" incredibly easy to use and very powerful, however the ability to customize features adds a next level to its' capabilities. With VT Docs, we can rip an RFP and create a draft compliance matrix and responsibility matrix in minutes versus days. The Compare Docs feature is essential to detecting changes from one version to another, especially when RFP amendments without changes noted are released. The Readability features allow for voicing and grammar checking in minutes.

Cons

We don't have any "Cons" to report. The software is easy to use and performs as expected.

A Persuasive - Accurate - Complete Proposal

Pros

VisibleThread is a software program is a that takes a programmatic approach with helping Business Development, Capture Management, and Proposals produce a Persuasive Proposal. Thereby minimizing the customer's risk of picking your company. More importantly it is performed Quickly and with a touch of a button. Beginning with parsing through PWS, RFP, SOW documents in minutes - Establishing your Capability...

Cons

A minor, but albeit an issue, the Capability Matrix and Annotated Outlines do require a bit of a touch-up to make pretty.

Proposal Team Productivity Greatly Enhanced With Visible Thread

We have spent the last year integrating Visible Thread into our proposal workflow and as a result we will never want to work without it. We have no pre-post statistics to offer, but we know we've cut as many as 4-5 days off preparation time using all of the different product features. To begin, the first thing we do when we receive an RFP is to shred the document using the Compliance Matrix feature....

Cons

Review from a user who is fairly new to VT Docs

We mainly use VT Docs for RFP shredding and creation of compliance matrices. It's been a huge time saver for those two aspects alone, but I know we could be using more of the tools such as those to confirm compliance in a completed proposal. That's our next step in using this tool...

Pros

Visible Thread is great for shredding RFP documents and analyzing use of acronyms. The system is speedy, and technical support is fantastic. The software produces nice excel outputs that are easy to manipulate, and I like that the user may upload as many files and folders necessary. There doesn't seem to be a limit to how much data the system will hold and analyze. I appreciate this feature because I don't ever have to clean up or manage the files that I have uploaded.

Cons

I get a little lost in all of the available features, but that's more of my own problem in not taking time to better understand the tools available. I was handed the account from a predecessor, so I am unclear how things were set-up. I don't understand how dictionaries are defined and set-up, and the user interface isn't intuitive at first glance. Again, it's probably a user error in that I need to spend the time educating myself on how the tools are used.

Core tool for business development, proposal production, and contract compliance processes

VisibleThread is incredibly versatile and easy to use. The tools available in the VisibleThread Doc suite instantaneously create actionable compliance matrices and document readability reports. We now use it as a core tool in our business development, proposal production, and contract compliance processes. Our primary uses include evaluating potential opportunities with the Discovery tool, generating...

Pros

The versatility of the tool is incredible and it is so easy to use.

Cons

Nothing really

Great tool! Time Saver! Quality Improver!

Bottom line this tool saves money by speeding up the process of RFx reviews and increases quality. Documentation comparison is a time, money and quality saver as well.

Pros

Rapidly parse RFx documentation Theme and concept discovery Quick compliance and teaming matrix Quality checking and readability Document version comparison Flexibility to discover what you need multiple documents to reveal to you Customer support and training is top notch

Cons

Best value proposal productivity tool out there, supported by a highly responsive service team

Pros

Visible Thread can be used for more than just proposals. Great for everything from checking writing flow/voice to examining and comparing policy documents to identify friction areas. I like the website crawling feature that allows me to identify and compare firm capabilities as well. Generally easy to use after a couple training hours - dashboard is straightforward. If I cannot figure something out, the customer service and training team is readily accessible. Versatile tool.

Cons

Some data exports are in an older version of MS Excel that I must open with my current version of MS Excel

Really useful tool for Proposal Development

More than anything else, it saves me time.

Pros

It's really easy to use: Even with minimal training, you can use the most basic functions. It saves time: It significantly reduces the amount of time spent on developing compliance matrices and generating acronym lists. It improves the overall quality of your documents: It evaluates readability, passive voice, acronym usage, etc., making it easier for writers and editors to identify areas for improvement. It supports in-depth document analysis: When set up correctly, the tool can help with detailed document analysis.

Cons

It has a bit of a learning curve, and the analysis results can be a little confusing sometimes. However, with sufficient training and regular usage, it becomes easier to use.

I use the VT for contracts reviews and RFP compliance matrix creation. It is exactly what I needed.

Saves me tons of time! Good for contractors and people reviewing complex documents. It has other feature for proposal readability, but I have not used those.

Pros

Ease of Use High quality useful output Good comparisons Cloud services architecture Good support from VT Lots of best practice sharing and a good product development plan

Cons

For some reason is says it will run slower if there are a lot of files in the folder. Not sure why this would be but rather than taking a chance, I move the files into spare folders.

Saves us an incredible amount of time

We strongly recommend this to our clients, particularly those in the procurement and legal fields as it significantly reduces the amount of time reviewing documents and gives you confidence that no changes between contract versions have been missed.

Pros

The versatility of it is incredible. It can be used to: - Pull out all of the obligations in a contract - Check whether anything's changed between contract versions without the need for track changes - Quickly seeing what documents are likely to be when moving to a paperless office - Review CVs for keywords - Review tender responses to see that they've addressed key evaluation criteria

Cons

Would like the ability to do scanned docs (images) too

VT @ BId Management

VT as a package is at the moment the only place where I have a complete set of tools which is required for my daily business in Bid Management. Shredding docs in minutes, creating responsibility matrices in Excel based on the results of the VT doc examination and the ability for Word and Excel comparisons without an additional set of tools is fantastic.

Pros

This software is what I am looking for since my life started as a Bid Manager. It holds all tools that you really need in one place. Creating document responsibility matrices and doing acronym searching with a click instead of searching documents manually save dramatically my time doing more important things like Bid Story shaping etc..

Cons

Except the fact that it is a cloud based solution which can led to problems especially in public tenders I have no other cons at the moment.

Thank you for your review, Kai! It's great to hear VT Docs is making your life easier. For anyone considering VT docs who needs an on-premise solution: We understand that a cloud-based solution can be an issue for some businesses. VT Docs is available as on-premise deployment to any organization which requires it.

Very effective in improving the quality of documents.

Pros

Takes out a lot of costly editing, proofing, etc. Also good for a quick-and-dirty request for proposal shred.

Cons

Sometimes the answers are too good, and we need to prioritize responding to the results. For example, we have prepared a list of "avoidance words" for proposal documents, and we'll often see several hundred recommended repairs.

True to its commitment - Increases pWin rates & productivity of proposal professionals

It was a complete package for any proposal management team. Ideally reduces the time taken to analyze the quality of a proposal and shred the documents. Biggest benefit is that it increases the productivity of a proposal professional. Neverthless its a onestop shop for producing a quality proposal

Pros

Instant shredding of complex documents was an awesome feature for proposal managers. Swift preparation of the starting compliance matrix, responsibility matrix is definitely VT Docs' USP. Dictonaries were industry standard and customizable to every proposal team / organization Win Theme / Concept Analaysis / Readability / Compare docs & excel are some of the best complete

Cons

There is a scope for continuous improvement of some features like dictonaries, customize the whitelists, etc.

This product helps me produce compliant documents is less than 1/2 the time!

I have more time to work on multiple projects, knowing I have the capabilities to ensure each project it 100% compliant!

Pros

1. Compliance Matrix ( with in minutes) 2. Comparison Feature ( I use this on RFP Amendments, NDAs, TAs, RFP vs Prop) 3. Acronym Finder (such a blessing)

Cons

Creating Dictionaries (but that's the only con) The dictionaries are key for comparison features. There are tricks that I'm finding to make it quicker and easier!

My Review

Super user

Pros

The ease and user freindly UI. Need not be an expert user

Cons

I would love to have the tool integrated