BuildSafe

Web & mobile safety software for contractors & developers

BuildSafe Reviews

Pros

App functionality is great, easy to administrate the system for our project and great response from the support team whenever I need help of any kind.

Erik S.

In general, I think it works wonderfully. A great tool that makes communication and follow up easier and quicker.

Cynthia A.

It is easy to use and the online support is very good. People that work dedicate their time to help customers and try to fullfill the customers needs as much as they can.

Panos K.

Cons

Some functions are missing and it takes time to get them implemented in the application.

Fredrik W.

A bit expensive, lack of possability to use drawings for pointing out where the deviations are.

Fredrik W.

Cynthia A.

4.5

Buildsafe's opinion

Very good program that helps us in our everyday life at the construction site

Pros

Easy to get an overview of the project's security work

Cons

Missing the opportunity to mark on a floor plan where you have found something that needs to be addressed

Thanks Patrik, appreciate the kind review!

An efficient deviation handling system that works for us

There are a lot of updates that i as a user and administrator are looking forward to. I strive to see that Buildsafe can make a better product that is even more usable in our line of industry/Construction work with more connectivity and statistics to prevent future accidents.

Pros

Im encouraged how big this is for the construction industry in Sweden. With this Application it gives the possibility to handle the deviations as they come to notice and sends an email directly to our co-workers to handle instantly, you are in the front seat as an projectleader. This application have given us more time to manage our risk and study our future workways. We are looking forward to what more to expect in future upgrades with this application.

Cons

There are Always some minor bugs in this application but it doesn’t interfere with the general experience in overall. We have a good Connection with the developers and the support is an awesome place to gather thoughts and wonderings on how to work with the application and we feel that our demands from the application is meet thru the ultrafriendly people working on this software. I miss out the function to see whats the latest deviation when I open my application in my phone.

Thanks Kenny! Appreciate the kind words and your dedication to BuildSafe the past years.

BuildSafe Review

Pros

Easy to use overall in the Projects for people with different state of IT maturity.

Cons

Thank you for the review, Fredrik! We are constantly adding features to create the best possible experience for all users - hopefully you'll see the one's you request soon.

Health and safety

Good. Buildsafe made my everyday job more easy to handle plus if i am away from work my colleagues can follow the deviations in buildsafe them selves. Good tool to show everyone in the Project how we work with Health and safety plus environmental questions.

Pros

It is userfriendly, even a person that is not used to apps or digital workmethods knows and uses Buildsafe at my Company/Project. Buildsafe has a good design, you can easy find the information you need. That you can build your own Health and safety round, invite participants and so on.

Cons

It could be translated in to more languages, like polish, russian or latvian. Has been some problem with the registration but fixed now.

Christine - thank you for the kind words!

Product that is easy to implement, has great flexibility, excellent UX and with a reliable support.

A tool that when fully implemented can be uses to reduce the risk of work site accidents and injuries.

Pros

The flexibility of the software allows us to get a streamlined and scalable usage without compromising management and monitoring of data. Feedback from the end users suggest that Buildsafe has set a new level of what to expect from modern software. The support organization needs to be noted - we could not handle the implementation without that team.

Cons

No software is perfect; there are still some scale effect that needs to be addressed as the usage increased. However, the team behind Buildsafe has more than once proven they are very agile when it comes to fine-tuning the platform as the usage increase.

Thank you for your kind review Emil, we really appreciate our partnership with you and the whole Skanska team!

Very good product from a company which strives to always improve and broaden the apps functionality.

Pros

The team behind the product is always striving to improve the product and to extend the functionality of the Software. The software itself is a very time-efficient tool which has a lot of potential for developement in the future - implementing more features to enable the sharing of experiences between similar projects in order to, on a more global scale, work as safely as possible.

Cons

Since the product and the team itself is still pretty new on the market, and since there are no other tools like it - there are some minor hurdles for them to overcome and some minor issues to fix until the product will reach 100% functionality. It is still pretty restricted, but the team is super motivated and with the help of their costumers feedback they have all the possibility in the world to achieve this and more.

Thank you for the kind words Jones - we will keep working hard to provide a world class product!

Great piece of software

Pros

I use this software for taking safetyrounds. I do however feel the true value in this software lies in its unused potential not originally featured, with a bit of tinkering I'm able to set up almost all my admisitrative tasks trough BuildSafes software. It does a good job keeping you informed about deviations or faults beeing reported troughout projects!

Cons

Missing features. It could make the software a gamechanger in the construction market.

Thank you for your review, Kim!

Excellent tool for a professional work environment

It is a very helpful tool, it brings awareness to the safety work and in the end it is economically beneficial for the client.

Pros

Buildsafe is a user-friendly tool for the professional building site. It is very helpful to structure the work environment and to create a safe workplace. The developer or the property owner overviews the complete work environment with an admin interface. Buildsafe also creates detailed reports with statistics. The best part is that the tool encourage everybody at all levels to participate for a high standard of safety work at the site.

Cons

Any minor trouble the support team have already taking care of.

Thank you for reviewing us!

Great health and safety work tool with lots of potential. Professional support team at BuildSafe.

Pros

Cons

I'd like to have a function of a hierarchy of peoples responsibilities which I have described to the BuildSafe team. The idea of having only one person responsible for each deviation is good in theory but not so functional in practice. However, if they fix something like I've proposed I will be very satisfied.

Thank you for your review Erik, we appreciate it!

CONSTRUCTION PROJECT TRACKING

Everyone on site agreed to use this application effectively it has helped in tracking our project implementation accuracy and job risk mitigation through quick notifications by emails.

Pros

the software is user-friendly, and its amazing in the way it helps us to communicate on site, about possible reviews, situations notifications through emails, to prevent accident, in terms of working conditions, help to follow up on work progress, with the experience we had with this application, we can plan better for future project

Cons

loading the software can be slow, the interface hangs due to some bugs, nevertheless the software has been very useful, with the help of the customers support and the easy to understand interface made everyone with little or no IT knowledge use it with ease.

We love BuildSafe!

In general, I think it works wonderfully! A great tool that makes communication and follow up easier and quicker.

Pros

Very user friendly. When i have a question, i get an almost instant answer from the FAQ or the chat function. Great to have both mobile app and desktop platform.

Cons

I wish i could put in a picture when i mark something "green" OK/approved. Right now the only way to put in pictures when something is good is to make a seperate positive obseravation. You cannot put in a picture directly under the point on the inspection if you mark it OK/green. Otherwise if you mark it "red" as something is wrong it comes up where you can add in comments and pictures and assign it to someone to fix. I would like the same function to be able to document with pictures directly under the specific point in the inspection that something was done right and then use the protocols as doumentation for BREEAM, LEED, Svanen, etc.

Hello Cynthia, thank you so much for the kind review. We really appreciate it! Regarding adding pictures to approved items - I am happy to say we are currently working on this functionality. Would you like to be involved in the pre-launch testing and provide feedback? Let us know :)

Easy to use, Save time

It is a very good tool that everyone can use, which makes everyone involved in the work environment work

Pros

Easy to use, saves time for site management, easy to get statistics to see who is addressing their work environment points within the right time.

Cons

That it is not always possible to perform certain things via a smartphone, one has to go to a computer.

Thanks Charlie - appreciate the great review and the partnership with Allegro and Oscar Properties.

loose the paper and pen

We work faster, we work safer, we save paper

Pros

Its easy to use, if you get a observation you get a mail - "fix this"

Cons

If you send a observation you have to unclick many names

Thanks for the great review Thomas, we appreciate it! Have a fantastic week.

Reliable and easy to use

I use BuildSafe/ROS which is one of the good application I've used to manage the safety and environmental rounds. Good customer service and a company that listens to customers feedback.

Pros

Being specific is one of the key things that the platform uses leading to having a clear protocol that categorises the risk observations and state who is responsible for it.

Cons

The app is designed to be managed by the tablets/mobiles and lacks the freedom of editing/finalizing the protocol in PC.

Easy, effective and transparent

Pros

As above and that it can be a way of involving subcontractors and build relations with them. Work environment is high lighted and lifted on the agenda. It simplifies the dialogue.

Cons

It would be great to be able to get the statistics we want by ourselves. It would also be useful if reports to Arbetsmiljöverket and Försäkringskassan could be done through Buildsafe.

Thank you for a great review Annelie!

Einar Mattsson

With Buildsafe we have gained an increased focus on the work environment at our construction sites. With the help of the statistics, we have the opportunity to focus on the right efforts where we see needs.

Pros

The overall statistics for the management team. The simplicity of use, everyone can easily report any deviations.

Cons

The filter funcionality and that the application differ from the platform on the web.

Thank you for the great review Carolina, we appreciate that you use BuildSafe!

Helping me save time

It save me time, save me time not to come to office and create my rounds/Points in excel/Word to send them out. With BuildSafe I can go offline/online, do my work and send it to the people that need to see it. Buildsafe saves me around 1 hour each week.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to find a specific thing under the menu, but that is because we did chose to have many stuff showing.

Thank you for the kind review Panos - we appreciate your feedback!

BuildSafe Review

Pros

The quick support function on the website and the quick response time of the support function.

Cons

That you can not choose more than 1 disciplin when filtering deviations.

Thank you for your kind review Robert!

easy to use

Safetywork have become so much easier, we went from 5-10 % to 90 % safetyround observations completed over the course of implimenting buildsafe

Pros

Made my job so easy, customer support is great!!! it's easy enough for our 65 year olds to use.

Cons

Still somewhat in it's betafase, but that leaves room for sugestions and improvements.

Thank you Simon - great to hear that you are seeing such good results!

BuildSafe

It is easy to use both on tablet and phone. When you report a deviation you just take a photo, write a short description of your observation and then send it to the person that is responsible for it.

Pros

BuildSafe is easy to use and it has made the safety rounds more effective as it does not require any work when I am done with the round. The protocol is sent automatically when you finish the round.

Cons

Nothing special that I think of right now.

Thank you for the great review Niclas, we appreciate it!

Paradigm changing software

Pros

Easy and visual software that enables you to get control of the deviations and status of your site.

Cons

N/A

Many thanks for the kind review Henrik!

BuildSafe for a secure work environment

I'm using this application on handling deviations on our work environment (constuction site) It saves us a lot of time and effort and gives me a better control of the work site environment.

Pros

I like the features of this application which make us more efficient, especially when all deviations on the work environment will be sent by email to the person that we have set responsible to handle it.

Cons

I've not found any downsides of this application yet, it's easy to use both on the computer and mobile phone.

Thank you for your kind words Mikael, we appreciate it!

More efficient safety inspections and communication

Pros

Reports and observations are sent directly to the right people. They can tailor and improve the system to meet our specific needs. Quick and effective support.

Cons

It is not possible to write a safety inspection's report on a computer, all has to go through the app.

Thanks for the review Celia!

It saves your time and gives better opportunities

Saves me a great amount of time and gives me a far better control.

Pros

I get a better control of all the actions from the safety round and a real time update when the actions are implemented from my contractors.

Cons

Did not find anything yet that is worth to mention.

Thank you for the great review, Paul!

BuildSafe rewiew

Pros

It is user friendly, nice that photos can be attached. Quite easy to make changes. Good support!

Cons

Im missing posibility to create own reports and export to excel.

Thank you for the great review Pia - we appreciate it!