Clear Estimates Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.94/10

Reviews by rating

The customer service is outstanding. I had a one-on-one call with CSR to help with a few questions I had, and he was extremely helpful - patiently explaining those things I was confused about.
Keep up the great work and customer service I appreciate it. It has made my business more profitable.
The quick response time is amazing and I have grown to count on their availability to help me with any issues and they have never let me down.
Lack of Flexibility causing time to be wasted.
In the desktop software I used to be able to put a negative sign in front of a number (-10.00 for example) and it would subtract from the total.
Some of the categories use the wrong labor code so I have to pay attention, but that is relatively a small deal.

BO

Barry O.

Home Improvement Clear Estimate Review

This is the second time for me using Clear Estimates. After not using the program for a couple of years, I was surprised at the updates made, that made it easier and faster to develop my estimates, and the fact that the cost for the program had remained the same. The support and the new videos are fantastic. I have recommended it to several of my friends, who are also contractors. The nice thing is,...

Pros

Easy to use, and cost.

Cons

I do Wish it had more small Home Improvement cost items.

Hi Barry, We're happy you've found our support articles and videos to be helpful. We do our best to provide as many resources as we can to make sure our customers succeed. Thanks for the home improvement part suggestion - we will look into it. - The Clear Estimates Team

KS

Keith S.

estimating basics

I bought this after trying several others. As a small business, I couldn't afford to spend a lot of money up front.

Pros

The estimates seem to be right on for both Materials costs and the labor hours. As my own fault, I don't put enough overhead in the projects.

Cons

I wish I could edit the markups on the alternates individually I wish I could print out the alternates in detail on a combined report, not separately . I wish the tree would expand based on specifics (more like a windows tree) as opposed to scrolling down the whole thing, then having to scroll back up to close. I wish there was some way to track the projects... i.e. bids submitted, waiting on customer. signed.. completed.

Hi Keith, thanks for taking the time to review our software. We are happy to hear that Clear Estimates pricing is accurate for your area. Individual markups is something we would like to implement in the future. Thanks for the input. - The Clear Estimates Team

JB

Joe B.

Construction, 11-50 employees

A good program, just needs a couple of things added and would be my go to estimating program.

Always liked clear estimates just needed the sketch feature to be my go to program.

Pros

Ease of use, able to change line item information, updated pricing.

Cons

I would like to be able to sketch a floor plan and then drag and drop items into it. Also would be nice to sketch a kitchen layout and then show it in 3d to a customer, a lot easier to sell a customer on kitchen remodel when they get a basic idea what it is going to look like, same goes for any type of remodel.

JW

Jon W.

works FLAWLESSLY

I've been using "CLEAR ESTIMATES" for about 6 months. I put very little time into learning how to use this software, (I basically jumped right in) and the estimates get done flawlessly. If I have a question I go to the tutorial videos and they walk me right thru it, and if there's a question I can't find an answer to. (Hasn't happened yet) I can press the question mark at the bottom of the page and...

Pros

Professional looking, easy to use. VERY EFFECTIVE

Cons

Hi Jon, thanks for the kind words! We are so glad to have had you on board for the last several months. Happy estimating! - The Clear Estimates Team

CS

Corey S.

Great Etimating Software

We have easily conquered the estimating cross training, easy access from any computer, built in adjustable pricing., as a result, of saving time estimating, we are seeing increased closing rates

Pros

I switched from Xactremodel about 6 months ago, and as a small growing business, I can much easier train Clear Estimate software to other coworkers, plus it is web based which makes it very convenient for any user to access from a web browser. I was a fairly smooth transition, As Clear Estimates is very easy to use. In reference to how the estimating function works it is fantastic. I am able to set my labor rates and multiply by fractions of the hour-the ability to manipulate the clean template make its very easy for our customers to read and understand, as a result, I believe my closing rates have increased by roughy 10%.

Cons

I really can not think of anything I do not like. Sorry, but I love Clear Estimates

Hi Corey! It's great to hear Clear Estimates has become a useful tool for your remodeling company. It is stories like yours that keep us going. We strive to offer an easy to use, functional and valuable tool and are glad you have found it to be so. Keep up the good estimating and let us know if any questions come up! - The Clear Estimates Team

RF

Ryan F.

Used other for 1-2 years

Co owner

I didnt care for it. It become to time consuming.

Pros

I thought it was easy to use. AAnyone with a pick up truck and a slap on magnet can use it.

Cons

Needs to have trade specific software and Brand pricing.

HS

Howard S.

Clear Estimates Review

I am a long time user and have been using Clear Estimates since the first revision. I am very happy with the updates, modifications made over the years. Customer support is the best of any SW company I have ever done business with!

Pros

Ease of use, able to put estimate together in a modular form. Jack in customer support.

Cons

I would like to better control the boiler plate items.

Howard, thank you so much for your support over the years. We're very happy to hear that CE is working well for you. Take care. - The Clear Estimates Team.

TB

Terry B.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Overall good estimating software but lacks estimating for larger projects.

Pros

Easy to learn and use then customize the quotes. Does feature pre-built estimate groups for certain projects. Customer support is great, and after hours questions or concerns are addressed first thing next morning.

Cons

Spend a lot of time adding custom line items. Prices for planning and permitting are grossly underestimated, planning is about half of what it should be and permitting is a third of what it should be. Online based so it becomes slow at times when the servers have a lot of users on at the same time.

DL

Dave L.

Time saver software

We went from producing our own excel sheets to the Clear Estimates program. What a difference that made in time savings to produce estimate, as well as producing a more accurate estimate.

Pros

There is a huge database of options with fairly accurate starting points for labor estimates. We are "Jacks of all Trades", so it's difficult to estimate labor without these guidelines.

Cons

I need to educate myself more on templates for time savings. I'm looking forward to watching the free Webinars to learn how to set these templates up.

Dave, it seems that many of our clients have switched over from excel spreadsheets. We're glad you are finding our software much more helpful and easier to use. Take advantage of those templates! Thanks for your time with us. - The Clear Estimates Team

WB

Wes B.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Clear Estimates software review from Wes Ballinger.

The software works great. The templates are very good, but it is also very easy to customize. I am very happy to have the service.

Pros

The fact that you have gone online is great. Not needing to backup my database is wonderful.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints.

Hi Wes, Thank you for the review. We strive to provide you with a great estimating tool. When you have success, we do to!

JK

John K.

Best So Far

I don't don't think any estimating program out there is exactly a perfect fit, but this this one comes as close as I've tried.

Pros

Flexibility, customizable, great support and now on the cloud.

Cons

There is a number of things I would like to change to fit us better but it is excellent for the most part.

Hi John, Thanks for the kind words. We're glad you find the flexibility and customization of Clear Estimates useful.

HS

Howard S.

Construction,

I have used this product for greater than 8 years.

Pros

I have enjoyed the added features which have evolved over time. The product support team is great! hey actually listen to the voice of the customer and have continuous exchange of dialog. I don't believe I have experienced this much with software companies. Just recently i borrowed a tablet with a keyboard and brought it with me to look at a potential job. I was able to quickly generate the majority of the estimate in real time. When I returned to my office, I completed within 1/2 hour. Saved myself alot of time. Using touch screen also helps moving around.

Cons

For the online version, I would like to be able to save a local copy of the data base and use it off line. If i can

SW

Sharon W.

What I Was Looking For

After setting up our company info and playing with it a bit, I had a few issues to work out. I was able to call and have someone walk me through what I had missed in instructions. I like the formatting of the invoices and this is what I was looking for.

Pros

Ease of use once the company basic info has been set up.

Cons

Monthly fee is a little pricey for smaller companies like ours.

Hi Sharon! Thank you for taking the time to review Clear Estimates. It's great to hear you found the program you were looking for. We focus on ease of use and ability to produce accurate, professional bids. I'm glad our support team was able to help you get started. Please let us know if you have any questions! - The Clear Estimates Team

CR

Cirilo R.

Clear estimates software

I recommend this software to everyone who is any kind of business very easy to use does not need any training

Pros

I have to type anything I just select what I need and all price out labor and materials in the best software

Cons

I do my estimates in five minutes and I am very happy with it and the customer services is very high quality when I ask a question I get the answer right away.

CR

Ceolus R.

Construction, 1-10 employees

My experience using the clear estimates software okay or not...?

Pros

I think it has a lot of potential. The ability to take information and plug it into a pdf or word document is great. The basic functions are easy to move around and the overall system is straightforward.

Cons

The issue I have with it is the materials/supply markups. I think it could a whole lot easier to get updated product cost for an area and use it in the estimate. Every time I used it the price was always off even from the smallest supplies. It scared me so I could trust the software...

AH

Aristede H.

Nothing more nothing less

As we say in New Orleans “Easy Breezy”

Pros

It meets my need 100%. I can store customer info and pull up in field.

Cons

There’s nothing to dislike about it. I knew what I was looking for in an estimating software program and Clear Estimates was the perfect collaboration.

CL

Cody L.

Nice Software, but horrible after purchase customer service

This software is now provided to contractors via a subscription service only now. However, a few years back you could purchase a license for the software outright and the only thing you would need to pay for were the cost updates. I specifically asked the company before I purchased the software if I could buy the updates occasionally as I'm a small contractor and mostly need the software to help...

Cons

Hi Cody, I'd like to thank you for your honest feedback. We have made changes to our support system and team. I think you will find we are much more up to par. Feel free to come back with a month on us to see if things have changed for the better.

RG

Ricardo G.

Happy

I can estimate a price with out worry to check on material price at stores

Pros

Pricing updated , costumer support. Able to convert to a written estimate

Cons

Able to track a job proses , send invoice ,

DT

Dane T.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Great program, very well supported with attentive customer service...

Knowledge and process of pricing in areas we don't work in enough.

Pros

The customer service with this software is awesome! There's a lot of feedback from a "Real" person.

Cons

Well, at the beginning, it needs just a little modification on pricing compared to my company's pricing, but overall I believe that tweaking will yield great benefits and quicker turn around time on estimates. We are keeping one of our accounts because we know it will bring about higher quality estimates and a better overall competitive edge in our industry.

Hi Dane! Thanks for taking the time to write this. We're very pleased to hear our support team has been up to par. Pricing is one of the most important aspects of winning and staying profitable on bids. While we provide pricing, it is always possible to customize to fit the needs of your company. Glad to have you on board, Dane! Let us know if you have any questions. - The Clear Estimates Team

DD

Doug D.

Great product

Pros

I loved that this software took guessing out of estimation and helped me to earn far more in projects by helping me to account for all aspects of the projects. Multifaceted and well designed. Very helpful customer service. Highly recommend.

Cons

There is some layout design that could be changed to make using it easier. This being said, I only did minimal training on the program so this may have held me back some.

Hi Doug! Thanks for taking the time to write this. We're happy you found Clear Estimates a useful tool in accounting for all aspects of an estimate. It's important to know your numbers! Thanks again, Doug. - The Clear Estimates Team

BR

Bryan R.

Self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Very satisfied with this product -- been using about 10 years.

Providing customers with a quote using Clear Estimates adds credibility and professionalism to our company image. It is easy to create estimates, edit, keep track of customer quotes and projects.

Pros

allows you to provide potential customers with an accurate estimate, including all aspects of the project

Cons

Hi Bryan. Thanks for taking the time to write this. First of all, we want to thank you for your continued support over the years. We're happy to hear Clear Estimates helps you provide accurate, professional looking estimates. The sales process of a bid is very important to us, and we want to make sure you can win the most important ones. Know that we will do our best to continue to provide a quality product. Let us know if you have any questions! - The Clear Estimates Team

GL

Greg L.

Lee Remodling

I am a remodling contractor. I use it to give estimates to my customers. It is accurate and fairly easy to use.

Pros

I like the professional reports it generates. It has accurate costs for labor and products.

Cons

I would like more templates. It is a little difficult to change the wording of the descriptions.

Hi Greg, thank you for the kind words and useful feedback. We're glad that you are finding our software helpful and wish you the best going forward. - The Clear Estimates Team

GL

Guadalupe L.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Clear Estimates has definitely improved the efficiency of our Estimating Department!

I would recommend this program anytime, and would advise the developers to make the ease of use with a little bit more steps!!

Pros

It is somewhat easy to use after you have been trained, it gives you the ability to do your job costing before a job is started. You can keep customer database as well as pricing information very easily.

Cons

One of the cons is that they charged 59 for every user, they should have a group rate!

This person has never used Clear Estimates. This is not an actual review. We apologize for the inconvenience. - The Clear Estimates Team

RR

Ramachandran R.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Good estimation software with a solid cost database

Pros

I like the way the Remodelmax cost database is organized with parts grouped into categories and subcategories. Standard Sections as reusable components on top of those parts makes it easy to create any estimate from scratch.

Cons

I feel that the UI is a bit flunky and old fashioned. It makes it difficult to perform basic and repeating actions with ease. At least I am not aware of keyboard shortcuts that can make power users perform well.

RW

Raby W.

Construction, 1-10 employees

I have been using Clear Estimates approx. 5 years or more.

During that time have looked at other software and keep coming back to clear estimates because of ease and reliability. I recommend it highly , once you set up your templates you are good to go. The presentation of the proposal is also very good. There are a lot of good features. Pricing gets updated every few months that goes a long way for feeling confident about your proposal. For the Re-modeler it a best choice.

Pros

Speed of presentation and putting together bids.

Cons

Some areas of construction are lacking in the area of plumbing . Its weak there.