Clear Estimates Reviews

4.62/5 (78 reviews)

Kim Maggio

Overall a good product

Reviewed 2016-07-20

We have been overall happy with the program. It is really hard to teach someone new how to use it though. We have a new employee and there have been several huge mistakes that have costs our company money in the long run due to over seeing some things. Produces estimates fast, great to keep track of jobs, easy to change estimates for customers, cuts down on the time spent on the estimate

Arnold Moore

My Clear estimate review.

Reviewed 2017-02-09
Review Source: Software Advice

I've been using Clear estimates software for about 4 years and the Program is very compatible with other programs out there. What makes Clear estimate different is that it is user-friendly and the layout of the program is very professional. When I hand my estimate over to my customer it's very well laid out and detailed . What I like most about Clear estimate Besides it's layout it pretty much covers all the trades. But the best thing is that it's very affordable for contractors like me that runs a small business. What I like most about this software is being able to set up Parts & Templates which makes putting together an estimate a lot faster which means you have more time to oversee your business.

Kevin Cates

Great product it has helped my business.

Reviewed 2017-03-15

I do not like the estimating side of my business cause I am bad at it and I tend to be optimistic which causes me to short myself in the long run. I started using this product to help me with the process to get estimates out faster and to know I am giving a good estimate that doesn't short me. It has helped me in that aspect for sure. The customer service is superb. There is this little icon u click and send them a msg with your questions and they get back to you in a timely fashion. The nice thing is the msg comes back in the program and they also send me an email. So if I am in the field working I know they have responded with an answer when I get the email. I love how you can email the estimate right from clear estimates and the estimate looks very professional. You can customize the formal estimate to how ever you like. Also if you don't like the prices they give you, you can easily adjust them for that estimate per item. Or you can customize that item to show up every time with your adjustment in price on every estimate. The customization to the items and pricing is endless. I have had to add very few new items they have so much to chose from already. The program is easy to use. I could teach my 11 year old to use it if I needed to. I have had nothing but great success using there program. They also give u a free trial to use it first. Take the free trial and try it you won't be dispointed. I am surprised this program does not cost more. I have made up for its cost monthly in the more money I am making due to its estimates. Thank you clearestimates.Easy of use, price, use on any device, customer support, the quarterly updates for pricing, and formal look of the estimates, and being able to email the directly from clearestimates to my customers.

Chuck Roth

Worth every dollar!!!

Reviewed 2017-04-14

I used this software when it first came out. Now it has come a long way on appearance and functionality. As far as learning a new software, the curve was easy for me. If you are a small contractor this is a must for speed of quoting and accuracy. Also with the reports function you look as professional as the big guys. If you want to step up your company, get Clear Estimates!!!Easy to learn. Professional looking reports. The ease of updates prices for material and labor. Customer support is spot on. And the software was created by remodelers that understand the struggle. They are always striving to make the software better.

Zack Burns

Only great experiences using Clear Estimates!

Reviewed 2018-08-22

I've been a Clear Estimates subscriber for several years now and couldn't imagine what I'd do without the program.I'm not very technologically advanced and struggle greatly with estimates as well. Clear estimates was as easy to work with as possible and the real selling point for me is their amazing customer service. I will never be great at using any software but several times I have emailed questions or called their customer support and I have always been able to speak with a live person who smoothly assists me through my issues. The quick response time is amazing and I have grown to count on their availability to help me with any issues and they have never let me down.

Mark Brandon

Perfect Answer to Estimating

Reviewed 2018-11-02

Been with them from the start up , great customer service and always striving to make things better for remodeling estimating . We searched and tried many other software options for estimating our large projects , maintenance , and repairs and were pleased to find CE nailed it for quoting everything we do and almost instantly made our estimating chore quick and painless. User Friendly / Excellent adjustable database / Easy to make proposal changes for re-submittal /Proposals that Clients Complement Every time

Sheen Fischer

Easy to use, unassuming software for remodel estimating - Saves hours of work.

Reviewed 2016-07-25

After using both the downloaded and cloud versions of this software for about 4 years, I can't imagine how I ever did without it. Previous to this we used QB to estimate our projects, which was a time consuming and tedious process that seemed like it always being done from the ground up on every project. Once the initial time of a 1/2 day to a day is invested to set this software up to fit your business needs, even the most complicated proposal or estimate can be completed in an hour or less, with many of our standard proposals being generated in 15-30 minutes.Easy to use, great support, cloud storage

Walter Marchand

Personal Review

Reviewed 2016-08-02

I have used the software and do appreciate the way it does the calculation. There are some areas that could use improving. Most of my estimating is for outdoor structures and may be it is me but it is hard to find a set of items that I use in my work. We do structures for outside like water features, fire features, Pergolas... It may be because i do not know where to look to find these items. I know I can construct my own I just do not have the time. I have also found that the prices our a tad high for my region even though I use a local area for cost estimating. If it is possible for there to be an area for the above items to be added would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy using the software. Help out a good bit in my estimating . Like how items are arranged in there categories. I need to attend a call to help me set up some of the line items listed above. Love how the customer support is always there to help!!!! Love the way that allows you to go in and change/manipulate the results.

Keith Schoeck

estimating basics

Reviewed 2016-07-27

I bought this after trying several others. As a small business, I couldn't afford to spend a lot of money up front. The estimates seem to be right on for both Materials costs and the labor hours. As my own fault, I don't put enough overhead in the projects.

jarad poole

Fast setup, Easy to use, great support

Reviewed 2018-09-17

I have used this software online with 5 different companies including my own its very easy to swap back and forth between companies. Sign up, you online quickly and its super easy to setup and if you have a question you get an answer and you get it quick.

Barry Orndorff

Home Improvement Clear Estimate Review

Reviewed 2017-02-27

This is the second time for me using Clear Estimates. After not using the program for a couple of years, I was surprised at the updates made, that made it easier and faster to develop my estimates, and the fact that the cost for the program had remained the same. The support and the new videos are fantastic. I have recommended it to several of my friends, who are also contractors. The nice thing is, the more you use it the faster and easier it gets. I do a lot of the same kind of jobs, and now all I need to do is copy an old estimate when doing a new one. I can see what I estimated on the old one that was high or low and make adjustments and if needed, add or subtract items as needed. This is really made easy with this program, and keeps my estimates more consistent. The Proposal and contract part of the program is great and can be customized with little time and effort. I highly recommend this program over the 3 others I have used. None were this complete or easy to use for the cost. Easy to use, and cost.

Jon Webb

works FLAWLESSLY

Reviewed 2016-10-01

I've been using "CLEAR ESTIMATES" for about 6 months. I put very little time into learning how to use this software, (I basically jumped right in) and the estimates get done flawlessly. If I have a question I go to the tutorial videos and they walk me right thru it, and if there's a question I can't find an answer to. (Hasn't happened yet) I can press the question mark at the bottom of the page and there's someone from "Clear Estimates" there to answer. They did quite a job building this software and putting all the videos and webinars together. I should also add, the videos and webinars are free. I started out using a different estimating software, from a well known company. It was a huge headache. There was zero support, No training videos, just a class that was available once every 6 months for $500. They can't hold a candle to "Clear Estimates" last estimating software you'll ever need.Professional looking, easy to use. VERY EFFECTIVE

Alan Horn

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Reviewed 2016-07-29

Response time to some questions is lengthy. Some functions don't work as easy as you would think. Accessing the drop down box on current customers I challenging, you hit the drop down arrow for the customer list and the list goes away. You have to continue to hit the drop down arrow.Easy add change orders and change prices

Lynette Cabeen

Super time saver

Reviewed 2018-11-03

The customer service is outstanding. I had a one-on-one call with CSR to help with a few questions I had, and he was extremely helpful - patiently explaining those things I was confused about. With the new search feature, I am now extremely happy with this product and am very glad to have found it. How much faster it is to put accurate estimates together. I also like ability to adjust the labor rates and hourly multiplier for bigger crews. The templates help make sure I don't miss including necessary parts to the proposals, and the ability to edit items for individual jobs is easy and convenient.

Wes Ballinger

Clear Estimates software review from Wes Ballinger.

Reviewed 2016-07-21

The software works great. The templates are very good, but it is also very easy to customize. I am very happy to have the service.The fact that you have gone online is great. Not needing to backup my database is wonderful.

Corey Sass

Great Etimating Software

Reviewed 2018-10-04

We have easily conquered the estimating cross training, easy access from any computer, built in adjustable pricing., as a result, of saving time estimating, we are seeing increased closing ratesI switched from Xactremodel about 6 months ago, and as a small growing business, I can much easier train Clear Estimate software to other coworkers, plus it is web based which makes it very convenient for any user to access from a web browser. I was a fairly smooth transition, As Clear Estimates is very easy to use. In reference to how the estimating function works it is fantastic. I am able to set my labor rates and multiply by fractions of the hour-the ability to manipulate the clean template make its very easy for our customers to read and understand, as a result, I believe my closing rates have increased by roughy 10%.

Howard Simons

Clear Estimates Review

Reviewed 2016-08-17

I am a long time user and have been using Clear Estimates since the first revision. I am very happy with the updates, modifications made over the years. Customer support is the best of any SW company I have ever done business with!Ease of use, able to put estimate together in a modular form. Jack in customer support.

Richard Cooke

Clear Estimates is number 1 of it's kind!

Reviewed 2016-09-10
Review Source: Software Advice

This software site has a definite ease of accessibility, you can quickly visit the app and input customer information and pull up a detail proposal on you project in a respectively short amount of time

Dave Loucks

Time saver software

Reviewed 2016-07-25

We went from producing our own excel sheets to the Clear Estimates program. What a difference that made in time savings to produce estimate, as well as producing a more accurate estimate.There is a huge database of options with fairly accurate starting points for labor estimates. We are "Jacks of all Trades", so it's difficult to estimate labor without these guidelines.

Michael Watts

Review of software

Reviewed 2016-07-28

I have recommended you to Residential Services of Tulsa - not sure if they are using your software ****Ease of use and easy to train - great access - very little trouble with the functionality - support is very good

John Kiernan

Best So Far

Reviewed 2016-07-21

I don't don't think any estimating program out there is exactly a perfect fit, but this this one comes as close as I've tried.Flexibility, customizable, great support and now on the cloud.

Terry Brown

Overall good estimating software but lacks estimating for larger projects.

Reviewed 2017-12-06
Review Source: Software Advice

Easy to learn and use then customize the quotes. Does feature pre-built estimate groups for certain projects. Customer support is great, and after hours questions or concerns are addressed first thing next morning.

Howard Simons

I have used this product for greater than 8 years.

Reviewed 2015-08-22
Review Source: Software Advice

I have enjoyed the added features which have evolved over time. The product support team is great! hey actually listen to the voice of the customer and have continuous exchange of dialog. I don't believe I have experienced this much with software companies. Just recently i borrowed a tablet with a keyboard and brought it with me to look at a potential job. I was able to quickly generate the majority of the estimate in real time. When I returned to my office, I completed within 1/2 hour. Saved myself alot of time. Using touch screen also helps moving around.

Patrick Mazzoni

Professional estimating made easy.

Reviewed 2017-02-10

Clear Estimates has helped my company write many estimates with ease. A simple drop down menu brings up categories and itemized lists of many things we never considered billing individually for. This has made our proposals look more professional, and has helped close a good amount of projects. I would highly recommend Clear Estimates to anyone looking for a simplified, more professional way to write proposals. Easy to use drop down menus. Itemized job descriptions.

Brad Kosh

Great Software

Reviewed 2017-02-27

I use Clear estimates for all my bids and find it is extremely helpful in saving time on my bids. Not only can I use the pricing built in to the software, but if I have something a bit more custom I need to price, I can customize as needed. Whenever I've had questions, they've always been quick to respond and very helpful in bringing me up to speed.ease of accessibility from any device