All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Clear Estimates Reviews

Excellent for residential remodeling and service

Pros

This product comes with the estimates for all major trades of a residential development/remodel. It also comes with handyman repairs that are especially helpful for estimating repairs. I estimate in multiple states and appreciate that the software will allow me to update labor rates based on location. I like that I can enter new parts/services if they are not already in the system. I can also edit the way the estimate is presented and use the company logo.

Cons

I think the user interface as it related to other items aside from estimating can be improved. They are not as intuitive. Also, I wish there were more repair items as I deal more with repairs than new builds.

An easy to use cloud-based estimates software.

Pros

This apps enables you to make estimates easily, it has multiple templates to start with and we can personalize them in order to obtain a design according to our company visual identity. The software can be used on Mac, iPads or Windows computers.

Cons

This app's price can a little expensive for small company. Besides, I did not notice other problems.

Great software for the price & user friendly!

My Overall experience with Clear Estimates is great! If you're not using it then you should be!

Pros

I love the fact that it prices the materials & labor for me. That takes the guess work out of it & that's a big weight lifted off my shoulders.

Cons

The results on the searches could be narrowed down some. When you search for something you get a wide variety of results for example results from a completely different category than what you search for, which takes longer to go through. Overall it really isn't that big of a deal, but that's all I could think of,lol.

Good value, helps reduce overexposure to poor bidding

Good value for those with constant sales revenue and estimating needs. Some integration could use a boost, and it would be nice to be able to import product catalogues. The customer service is responsive but web based. Sometimes a phone number would be nice to call. With that being said I never waited more than overnight for an answer, they are pretty quick. Use this software to reduce the amount of estimating errors and standardize your processes.

Pros

Pricing in line with industry standard easy to use somewhat mobile friendly Can update and make your own templates

Cons

Does not integrate with CoConstruct Templates can be a burden to adjust brands, would be nice if some pre loaded appliance and cabinet brands where in the estimating software i.e. Ikea, Bridgewood, GE, Kitchenaid etc.

This reviewer only left a rating

I have tried other software in a 4 month voyage when I started working back in construction. The other software was a NIGHTMARE and you have to pay additional fees just to understand it. Clear Estimates seemed to have ease of use and great customer service. The guy you speak with is VERY nice and understanding of your needs. The only downfall is that it does not have Commercial bidding prices. If it did, I would use it for that as well. Try it yourself for his initial fee of I think $5.00. The first time I tried it out, I canceled it before the end of the initial promo and had absolutely no trouble getting my refund. After test-driving other software, I came back to Clear Estimates since it seemed to meet many of my needs. Very easy to use once you get initial coaching.

Cons

Nice Software, but horrible after purchase customer service

This software is now provided to contractors via a subscription service only now. However, a few years back you could purchase a license for the software outright and the only thing you would need to pay for were the cost updates. I specifically asked the company before I purchased the software if I could buy the updates occasionally as I'm a small contractor and mostly need the software to help...

Cons

Hi Cody, I'd like to thank you for your honest feedback. We have made changes to our support system and team. I think you will find we are much more up to par. Feel free to come back with a month on us to see if things have changed for the better.

Great platform that makes bidding quick and easy.

We secured a couple jobs with it. The program makes bidding quick and easy

Pros

Great value for the money. They are very helpful in getting you set up with "how to" videos and support.

Cons

This is great for those bidding frequently. If I were to make a suggestion, it would be to have a pay-per-bid option for people who only do 3-4 bids a month.

Hi Jason! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do our best to update and rethink our tutorial videos focusing on getting users familiar with Clear Estimates quickly. We're thrilled to hear Clear Estimates has help make bidding quick and easy. Thanks for the suggestion. That is definitely something I will run by our team. Thanks again for your time with us! - The Clear Estimates Team

clear review

still learning software. It is geared more to the north as we here in Miami have far more use for ac rather than the 50 listings for heating. Just and example. I like the format but still trying to tweak things have developed work arounds as required.

Pros

it is pretty simple to manipulate and in excel i can set it up the way i want. It works for me and what i do.

Cons

Don't care for the category set up used to ASI format for divisions. Don't like tile and stone work in 2 different categories same with drywall etc. Too much wall paper not enough paint categories would like more commercial things such as acoustic ceilings.

Hi there, Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate the kind words.

Excellent

I first started using clear estimates last year and with Jacks tips and webinars I have actually learned some different ways to estimate and promote my business creating more success!!

Pros

I love the automatic updates and ease of customization.

Cons

Hi Lydon, thank you for the kind words. Happy estimating! - The Clear Estimates Team

What I was looking for

I've been trying to find some software that would help streamline my estimating as well as have a database to pull from. I had Clear Estimates recommended to me and I can't be happier with what I've found. In the first week I've created several estimates and emailed them out to my clients. The report that is created for the clients is easy to understand and read. Very satisfied.

Cons

Hi Aaron, We're glad Clear Estimates has helped you to streamline your estimating process. Let us know if any questions come up! - The Clear Estimates Team

Esay to use and proffesional looking reports

Pros

Definitely, your customer support and prompt responses, flexibility and easy to customize. It was also fun to use

Cons

A little bit expensive if you do not use frecuently, however If I were not retiring I will continue using it

Hi Conrado! Thanks for taking the time to write this. We've enjoyed your time here at Clear Estimates and wish you the best in retirement! - The Clear Estimates Team

Pros

ease of use and software ease, the ease of putting together solid bids

Cons

doesn't save first, changes are auto updating

Very helpful!

Pros

This tool has greatly helped our contracting business. The ease of the proposals and how professional they are is great! The specific price data really helps with our costs!

Cons

We have had no issues. We are grateful for this software.

Hi Maria! Thanks for taking the time to write this. We're very happy to hear that Clear Estimates has become a useful solution for your estimating needs. Our goal is to provide you with a quick solution for creating professional looking estimates. As always, just let us know if you have any questions! - The Clear Estimates Team

Saves time and makes money!

I have been using Clear Estimates for about 6 months now. It is a very easy to use program to make professional proposals. I have found that I make better profit on jobs and it cut the time of putting estimates together in half! The items are very organized so you don't forget about the small details when putting a large estimate together.

Cons

Hi Nick, Thank you for the kind words. Our number one goal is to help you increase your profit!

Clear Estimate Review

We were looking for a software package that would enable us to bid on larger, more substantial construction projects. We also needed to be able to customize the pricing and other options available for each customer. Clear Estimates met our specific needs and is easy to use.

Pros

Flexible easy to use.

Cons

Similar project parts - difficult to tell difference.

Hi Robert, We are glad Clear Estimates has turned out to be a flexible program for your needs. We understand every business is different, so the option to edit and change line items is vital. Thanks again for the feedback! - The Clear Estimates Team

New by to Residential GC work

So far so good.

Pros

The way you can see if your pricing is competitive as it gives your local market info pertaining to labor and correct amount of time required, etc. Gives it for anything I might encounter. I was able to get up and running in minutes. But still finding new features that are useful. Cost is worth it.

Cons

When I set up a proposal it was difficult trying to remove a portion of it, but I chalked it up to not really going thru the training. My bad.

Great product.

I have been using this product for at least 3 years now and do enjoy using it. it has won many a bid. It does lack pricing on impact windows , and pricing on roof trusses are off. there are some small items that i have had to add myself to the list but it was easy to do.

Cons

Ray, thank you for the kind words. We're so happy Clear Estimates has helped you win a number of bids. Keep up the good work! - The Clear Estimates Team

Great Value

Our team is going to use it more in the new year so we'll let you know then.

Pros

Lots of features for the price and relatively intuitive to use.

Cons

Estimate/bid forms are difficult to format. We are unable to make them look the way want them to look.

overall experience

Pros

the customer support was very good and the price was affordable.

Cons

there was a few areas that were hard to use.

Hi Chris - Thanks for taking the time to write this. We're thrilled to hear our support team was able to assist with any questions you may have had. We would love to know what was hard about the program, too. We're always making updates based on user feedback! A member of our team will reach out shortly. - The Clear Estimates Team

Nice Professional Looking and Easy to Use....

Have been using Clear Estimates for about 6+ months, was looking for something that was not to complex and cloud based. Gives nice looking professional estimates and proposals to customers. Customization of templates and being able to add parts is nice.

Pros

Easy to learn. Pretty much covers most area in construction in the templates.

Cons

Under the select a category just wish the could have a blank category to fill in for those items that just don't fit into the template options.

You are in control!

Overall this is a good product. The ideal end user would be a small to midsize company.

Pros

With Clear Estimates, every thing is customizable. There are a lot of templates available all of which can be tailored to your specific needs.

Cons

Clear Estimates is a fairly need product so some users may find that the system doesnt integrate with popular accounting software.

Software Review 1

It's a good starting place. Some of the costs are off a good bit. Bottom number is close but some line items are high and others low. Templates need some work. SOme have duplicate / similar line items and are missing basic parts needed for the job.

Cons

John, we appreciate the feedback and the kind words. Thank you so much for your continued support. - The Clear Estimates Team

Review2020

Ok. For now.

Pros

It gives a close estimate on most jobs. It is easy to see pricing with and without markup.

Cons

It does not give quantities of materials. For example, 2x4's needed to frame a room or wall.

Better than other branded estimating tools

Clear Estimates is intuitive and easy to use. It is designed in the same logical order than one would use to build a home. I love the reports and the quotes I can generate because they are highly professional. Overall I couldn't be happier with the tools and software, for the price they can't be beat.

Pros

Ease of use and intuitive

Cons

Some times the prices and text need to be altered to fit a particular project. The tools for doing customization could be easier.

Hi Paul, Thanks for the feedback. We're glad you find CE to be easy to use. A drafting tool would be a nice idea - I will bring it up in our next meeting!

my 2 cents

trying to simplify estimating, so far the learning curve has been tough for me but I'm still holding out hope.

Pros

real time data and being able to use it to make better estimates

Cons

learning curve has been tough for me, id like to see better training and more templates.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.