Sage Estimating

Automated enterprise estimation

Sage Estimating Reviews

Pros

I love sage products best they represent the best of breed. New features are always being developed and the ease of use is excellent especially in construction is important.

CM

Cory M.

It is excellent for sending info from one module to the others. It is very helpful during the cost analysis process.

LC

Laurie C.

Have not fully used the software so will adjust accordingly after use. Integration with eTakeoff is nice since hopefully it combines Bluebeam Revu and RS Means/Excel in one.

CL

Chris L.

Cons

Difficult to use, easy to mess up (when substitute, it keeps asking to change similar item, no way to stop it and cannot undo), undo is very limited.

PB

Patrick B.

A. Database formulas work every time and warn you when something is missing.

RH

Robin H.

It is still very confusing. The integration with CRE300 is pretty sad (Address Book and Export/Import).

4.1

Concrete Estimation

Pros

Lots of customization. User friendly, and very detailed estimates.

Cons

The database building and assembly building is complex. There is support available for this however.

Think twice

Pros

I like all the functions of this dinosaur. The software still uses fox pro old arcane DOS language.

Cons

I dislike the amount of money they want yearly. I hate their amount of money I have to spend every year to maintain this software with limited tech support.

Database for Heavy Civil is not appropriate

Pros

So far so good, and easy to use comparing to other Software except the HCSS that is primary design for Heavy Civil

Cons

Existing Database that not suitable to use for the Heavy civil construction

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping drive your continued success in construction and real estate.

AVI Inc - Review

Pros

I like that it has more options for reports, forms, and queries than QuickBooks. Also, the program links between different areas of accounting and production, like work orders to invoicing and purchase orders. It performs well with Job Costing as well. I also like the functionality and organization that Sage Contractor provides.

Cons

The customer support is too expensive for the limited support we are granted. We pay for an outside consultant as well, who assists us more with the program than the customer support we sometimes get. It is also very expensive to add users, especially as a smaller business that does a lot of volume.

This reviewer only left a rating

I have been estimating commercial construction projects for the past 15 years. If you are on the fence with estimating software, look no further than Timberline. I have tried them all and none of them are as fast and refined as Timberline. Other companies put on a good sales show but the application doesn't measure up. We actually spent about $15k on a company's software licenses, and after using it we found it to be slow and klunky. How good is Sage Timberline Estimating? Well, we walked away from $15k to use Timberline. Yeah, it's that good.

Cons

Sometimes great, sometimes very frustrating.

Pros

Cons

It is not user-friendly. You can't "read the screen" and muddle through on Sage like you can with other accounting software.

Powerful product that is well integrated

For project estimates that are all inclusive and cover all aspects of a project you are bidding or developing a project budget for, there is no product more powerful than Sage Estimating. With its powerful ability to create well-defined estimates, it also has the ability to connect to many other facets of Project Management, Accounting and Construction. The product is capable of being enterprise-wide for a contractor or construction management firm, with the ability to bring in information from external sources.

Pros

Plenty of customization is available to have the output look and feel the way you want it, many modules to attach to and the ability to draw from database pricing information from external sources.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve for the beginning user. This is not a product for the occasional user.

Does what I need it to.

Very happy with Sage. It makes short work of my estimates, it's also very customizable.

Pros

Cons

Expensive

Undo is very limited

Very difficult to input, difficult to customize, always need external consultant to help out,

Pros

Our client use it otherwise I would not be using it.

Cons

A must use software for construction industry !!

Estimating project while bidding this software is a great help. It has does estimate exactly 90% - 95% of the actual budget of the project. But, depending upon the level of detail calculation you do, It has almost everything you need for estimating. Easy to learn and get used to it. the only draw back is the user interface, I would enjoy to use it more if the made it look a bit more organized and neat. Still, a must use software for the construction industry.

20+ year user review

Pros

It offers the flexibility to price anything you could dream up in detail and break it out any way you want.

Cons

The base databases are unreliable unless you develop them.

I have used Timberline for over 17 years.

Pros

I have used it for many years and I am very fast with it. You dont have to be a computer programmer to use it. Once you learn a few simple steps you can build an estimate in half the time it takes using an office spreadsheet...

Cons

There are a few quirks with some assemblies that you have to work out...

sage customer service

Pros

Nothing really to put there because my company didn't purchase the software because of sage's lack of communication and valuing it's new customers.

Cons

Customer service of sage is horrible. I spent the time to take the test drive. Communicated with a rep from sage. When I asked about pricing she couldn't tell me nothing. Just wanted to ask more questions and then told me I would have to contact an authorized reseller. Could've saved me and my company a lot of time just by mentioning that on their website and being up front. I will only deal with companies that value their customers as we value our customers.

I am never had a chance to use this software

I want this software to be able to use in middle east and support

Pros

Good for estimating. I want some partbers of sage to help me use this software in saudi arabia. I saw this product is only available in NA

Cons

Not supported in middle east. How can i find a partner in middle east who can help me supply this software and provide training

Cloud Based Need

We purchased this product in attempts to find a link between our estimating teams and production teams and to improve the job setup time. However, this product does not link to the systems in the manners we had hoped. We are currently working on workarounds, so hoping we can fix that issue. The other issue we have with the product is it is not cloud-based, so our team always needs to be connected to our servers to make updates which cause issues for our remote teams.

Pros

I like the ease and functionality

Cons

It isn't cloud based.

Sage-Timberline Estimating Review

Been using this product for 20 years- fairly simple

Pros

Familiarity

Cons

Lack of flexibility

Always like Timberline

I've used Sage/Timberline products for a number of years and have found the programs fairly intuitive. I'm an estimating novice so I appreciate the ease of use. I did find that this software helped me to build cleaner estimates.

Timberline

Timberline is a good old program that can be utilized for estimating however, you need to have a good database of prices to make it effective and you need to update these prices often to make it effective.

Pros

Good once you have learned it. It does complex estimating.

Cons

It has old features that are hard to change. Timberline does not change the programming technology to make it easier to use..

Sage Review

Pros

Ease of Use is the best thing and full customization.

Cons

Nothing Really it works great and does everything we need it to do.

Easy to use, very few difficulties

Pros

It's easy to use and works well with Digitizer.

Cons

There are issues after updates. If you skip a few updates, it seems that some things don't work as well when you finally do update.

Using this for estimating worked, but not as well as other options.

Overall it works, but not my first choice.

Pros

Great for tracking, and is a fanatic database for historical information, but clunky to use and not as user friendly as other options.

Cons

Seems outdated, and reports are tricky to get right without knowing exactly what you need. Clunky interface with no options for improvement.

sage estimating software

Pros

it is user friendly and looks like an excel spreadsheet

Cons

cannot buy the product directly you must go through a distributor

Recently, I was tasked to upgrade the Sage Estimating from version 15.1 to 17.13.

Pros

Version 17.13 uses Microsoft SQL Server instead of the Pervasive database which is basically a file system engine. Overall, the product is pretty easy to install and configure. I was able to quickly set up the environment to allow the users to migrate all the existing estimates over. The documentation are clear and precise.

Cons

Permissions assignment to individual estimates is by user only. For example, you can grant a user permission to view or edit estimate A, but not estimate B. It will be more convenient and efficient that we can also assign permissions by global group as well, specially for big companies that have over 1000 employees.

Sage Estimating Review

Pros

The software is okay, but it needs work.

Cons

It's not intuitive. I wish it was all in one instead of three different pieces to do job cost, estimating, and purchase orders.

Timberline Software

I worked as a project estimator/project coordinator with the Timberline product.

Pros

I liked the ability to submit journal entries when putting together the buyout for projects.

Cons

There are not as many query options as I would like any looking at the cost production of a project as it progresses.