All categories

TryMyUI

Website and application usability testing software

TryMyUI Reviews

Pros

The pricing flexibility is great. If you get on a call with them, they're very polite and able to customize certain aspects of the plans.

Ahsila N.

Ajesh S.

I like most that this software is free. That is all it has going for it.

Cons

Pricing and customer support were the worst thing about trymyui. It's a real shame as I feel it has potential.

Matthew L.

Due to its poorer UI, it initially seems a lot harder than it really is.

Ahsila N.

3.7

Affordable, robust user testing

We initially thought we'd only need to test the redesign of our journalism homepage, so we ran the free trial. After seeing and hearing users interacting with our new landing page, we realized we might have had problems that ran deeper than just visual. The new account flow, the subscription, our search function, etc. We upgraded to the Team plan, and the quantitative stuff is where we really started...

Pros

- The pricing flexibility is great! - If you get on a call with them, they're very polite and able to customize certain aspects of the plans - The quantitative features are excellent and exactly what people newer to usability testing need - User video results were fast and pretty good (we had an unsatisfactory result and got it replace for free) - You get a personal success manager at the Team level to help you with usability testing in general (not just how to use the platform, but she actually knew the industry inside and out)

Cons

- It looks really dated (but functions very well - Due to its poorer UI, it initially seems a lot harder than it really is

Tester

It's a good company to earn money but their customer service can be bi-polar at times. I have received both good and bad feedback for the same quality of service that I have given to third companies. I think it depends on who is working at TryMyUI either during the day or night and who is probably more strict than not. You can give the best feedback at times, but they will nit pick at small things at times and will make your score less than what you could receive, but most of the time I will get paid anyway based on the customers rating/feedback. I do not pay attention to TryMyUI's feedback critical feedback at times.

Pros

From my experience, the software works really well on PC. I have not had too many issues. The app on the phone works really well. The user interface is easy to work with, and the usability of the website is easy to navigate.

Cons

I had only a couple issues with the app on the iphone where it froze and was not able to report it. I wish they had a reporting system where I could give a small bug report about the issues and at least receive some compensation for it. The software did not work well on my Mac, and I believe it maybe the software may not work good with Mac versus PC. It works good on my PC, but if you play the playback test of the microphone while trying to start a test, there will be a buzzing sound on their end and they will doc you for it.

I am rating this as a reviewer...

I don’t get as many tests as I do with another testing site that I use, but I will continue to take screeners and take tests when I can.

Pros

I like that it gives me a chance to earn some extra money while giving my opinion.

Cons

The feedback from the company after I give a review is very critical. They need to provide more specific directions as to what they are looking for in the directions.

No Tests

My experience is not great with this software. I have yet to hear back from customer support about my lack of testing opportunities. I joined many months ago and have yet to receive any tests available for me. I am on the fence whether I should give up on this software or not...

Pros

I like most that this software is free. That is all it has going for it.

Cons

I joined this software many months ago and have yet to receive any tests available for me.

Left feeling utterly ripped off

Great until you don’t meet their demands to pay more money, then they cut you off and leave you with no access to all of the past tests that you paid good money for.

Pros

Trymyui has a comprehensive feature set. Most of the time we got good data and on the most part testers were good too

Cons

We were long term customers to trymyui on a rather costly monthly plan. Earlier this year trymyui reached out to say they were increasing the costs. At this point the cost was prohibitive so we opted not to renew. Without warning, once our final month of subscription came to an end, our account was suspended and almost two years of videos gone. Despite numerous emails and messages, no one has been back in touch to help. Very bitter taste left in my mouth.

It's great to be a TryMyUI tester

Pros

I am signed up to be a tester for TryMyUI. It does take some work to get qualify to be a tester, but it is worth it. I've done a few tests and all of my reviews have been accepted and I was paid through paypal promptly. Even when I had difficulty completing the test, I still received payment.

Cons

There are a lot of invitations for websites to review, but most of them are picked up by other testers before I can get to them.

User Testing as a Side Kick

Pros

It is offering various attempts for the user to improve their qualification- rating which I liked the most. They just don't reject your application and not let you get in. Instead, they rate you and accept you, you are given a chance to try again to improve or just wait for a mail for available tests. It is helpful!

Cons

The qualification test that you submit will usually take more than a week or so but patience is the key, you will surely get a reply. I guess this speed could be improved. Also, there are very few tests available, maybe it's because of the demographics!

TryMyUI: an opportunity to make extra income .

Well, I didn't have a good experience. I have completed many testes however the availability of them is really infrequent.

Pros

There are many tests, they pay correctly, and i's very easy to use.

Cons

There are many paid tests, but most of them are not available.

Terrible customer support

Pretty bad. Started off good, but the lack of any care for customers, feedback is so evident in the responses and lack of.

Pros

The platform itself is ok. The testers get replaced pretty easily and has some interesting features. But customers are being rinsed for cash to bootstrap new features and the customer support is appalling. Good look ever getting through to someone. I closed my account, due to a price hike (that I disagreed with) and I can no longer even access the test data I had paid for that was less than one week old. Disgusting. I would avoid this and use an alternative all day long.

Cons

Not the best for usability testing

TryMyUI needs to grow more plus it would be really helpful to get some text/speech analytics feature

Pros

I tried TryMyUI for a short stint, it did the basic job of getting user usability feedback and cheaper compares to other similar softwares

Cons

TryMyUI doesn't seem to have a lot of users thus making it very limited to get feedbacks, There have been instances where a test didn't meet the demographic requirement because of very small user base

TryMyUI review from the perspective of a user who wants to make some extra income

I have completed a couple of paid tests with this software however the availability of paid tests is really infrequent. Do not expect to be able to make much from using this software. Besides that I found completing the tests on their site, getting paid and receiving feedback to be very fluent.

Pros

Completing tests using their software is really easy. You get a lot of good advice and feedback on your tests.

Cons

You can't update your profile with a different Paypal address to the email address you used to sign up with. If your Paypal uses a different address you'll have to add the email address used to sign up to the software to your Paypal account.

UI's process for qualifying work is confusing

Pros

The software/user system is confusing to use so not really much.

Cons

I couldn't pass/qualify for any work. This system needs to be updated to give a second chance for qualifying tests in order to be able to land jobs. If I can't figure it out, most people can't and I'm a college graduate.