AP Workflow Automation Logo

Banking systems and accounts payable software

AP Workflow Automation Reviews

Suggested alternatives

tipalti
plooto
winteam

Ease of use, Once the initial learning curve has been reached, the software is really easy to adapt. Product support is great to help.
They have the best customer support bar-none; I love the GUI interface & still love the Green Screen.
I also (as a senior iSeries Developer myself) get lost trying to figure out ACOM error messages/figuring out program messages because ACOM doesn't create job logs as a general rule.
I see the DB connection and the server connection gets lost every now and then and I have to restart the server once every 3-4 days to get the connection back.

ME

Max E.

Printing, 10,001+ employees

Easy to use, flexible, and great customer support

Emailing forms with overlays, easy to create overlays.

Pros

We purchased this software to replace another package we were using for our forms overlays. The graphic designer made laying out the overlays very easy. One things we wanted to do was to be able to email the forms that had overlays and this product did that. In addition we can modify the overlays via green screen or the graphic designer which is very useful. We also purchased the add on modules...

Cons

Because the product can do so much, sometimes you can get lost understanding how to make something happen. For example we had a multi-page form and it took us sometime to figure out all the nuisances to make that work. I would like to see a better tutorial that gives examples of simple form overlays to more complex ones.

BH

Bill H.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Software has been reliable and worked as advertised

Pros

We have been using Acom software since 2006 for payroll and finance checks, PO's, employee contracts, W2's, and 1099's. Since most of these forms only change occasionally, we are not required to use the software on a regular basis. Even so, the GUI designer is easy enough to use that there is no "re-learning" curve. Earlier this year we bought the EzEmail product to begin emailing purchase orders to vendors instead of mailing hard copies. Our process is a bit complex, but Acom's support folks were readily available and helped us make the necessary modifications. We have experienced almost zero issues since we went live, way less issues than I expected.

Cons

My biggest complaint: When first installed, we were charged a single annual maintenance fee even though we had the software installed on our test and production machines. At some point several years ago, Acom began charging the fee for each installed partition. To avoid the double fee, we removed the software from our test box. I realize that this is probably pretty standard, but it makes it a hassle...

JM

Jennifer M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Working with ACOM has been great - software could use some updates to the UI to help with ease ofuse

Pros

That I can have invoices routed to managers for approval. All documents stored in one place.

Cons

The workflow updates. It is impossible for me to self manage our workflow with out getting someone involved from ACOM. It takes a long time to set up a work flow and if we have changes to budgetary approvals - a workflow needs to be changed and most of the time it is not just switching a person - but changing the workflow all together. Would also like it to be easier to upload items into the correct folders. There are many steps that have to be made to upload. Also - on the Process Flow page it would be nice to have more info about the invoice - IE. PO number, value, general description. This would aid approvers in the process and help expedite there approvals.

TP

Troy P.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Everyone I have talked to at ACOM has been easy to work with. The software does it's job

Creation of forms and PDF documents

Pros

Your customer service department is one of my favorite to call. They take their time to answer all of my questions. They have never made me feel like the questions I have are wasting their time. Thanks you. The software is fairly simple to use forms are easy to create. EzDesigner Pro does a great job of duplicating what is printed and works well.

Cons

My biggest complaint would be when I was required to buy EZDesigner Pro while paying maintenance on the previous version. I think that should have been an upgrade on maintenance not a repurchase. As for the ezDoc software, the most helpful change would be the ability to start print spools from a specific page #. One of my most common examples would be when we are printing a group of forms/checks and we have a printer issue I must restart from the beginning each time. A few weeks ago I printed 140 check 4 times just to get the last 10. Also it would be nice if I could create files in the Tiff format, my need for this may be going away.

GP

Gwen P.

10,001+ employees

Great customer support experience

We save on having to have pre-printed checks and forms.

Pros

This software handles all of our forms and check printing needs. It is all customizable and easy to change a form or check when necessary. However, the thing I like the most is the customer support. They are great to work with, professional and very knowledgeable.

Cons

Well, I really have to search for an answer to this but I guess I'd have to answer that if you are not trained on the system (I know bits and pieces, but I am not the administrator) it's not entirely intuitive when you have a problem with having to re-print something or you're having trouble with a printer. It always seems to be that whenever the Administrator who knows the system like the back of his hand, is out on vacation; there's a problem with a printer jam or hardware issue and I have to figure out what to do to recover the printing of a form or a check run. However, that being said, their customer support is always ready to help when you need it.

PD

Paul D.

We have been very happy with AP automation for the last 10 years. It was easy to setup and use.

Pros

We are a company that has 10 subsidiaries and what we liked best was the ability to use a different checkbook for each entity. This allows us to keep track of what we re printing for each and to allocate costs accordingly. AP automation was easy to set up and we have not had any issues to with the software in the ten years we have been using the product. I also love the audit log. It helps us ensure that all check printing is legitimate and protects us from any possibility of fraud. The reprint function, in case of any hardware issues, is another tool that has saved us time and is also very easy to use.

Cons

When reprinting the checks, it would be nice to also have the option the reprint the whole file as opposed to having to select each individual check. While it is nice to print individual checks, sometimes you need to reprint the whole file, usually when there is an issue with the MICR cartridge.

TD

Tony D.

We have been using the ACOM EZPrint software for 10+ years. Very low maintenance system.

Pros

The system was already in place when I started with the company 12 years ago so I wasn't involved with the initial setup of the software package. It is one of the lowest maintenance software packages that we have. The only times I have to do anything is to change the signatures on the checks or perhaps change the 1099 forms. I don't have to do anything for the normal day to day operations that use the EZPrint application.

Cons

Since we upgraded software a few years ago I haven't had to make any changes to any checks or forms but the last upgrade changed the way we have to do our changes. It was switching to a more online system for changes so I have zero experience doing that. So when we do need to change the forms I know I'll have to contact the ACOM help desk to go thru the change process. Some type of online training would be very helpful in this regard and I haven't seen anything from ACOM about that.

AM

Andy M.

Furniture, 501-1,000 employees

I don't use it daily - but from what I hear it's flexible in the sense you can use it from our ERP, or we can use the standard web based front end without having to go through the ERP. Additionally it's very straight forward - and requires very little training during on-boarding.

Pros

Simple interface; yet powerful for most end users. Single sign on through Sage makes it less to manage as well.

Cons

Could use a more modern/updated face lift for the front end GUI that the end users. Would like to see an easy way to import things in bulk - without having to add through the front end GUI in order to associate it to a sales order.

MW

Melba W.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

There may be some things that could be improved on but overall I think the program is top notched!

Saves time and man power on matching Invoices to Purchases Orders, Sends duplicates to a specific place to be reviewed.. Creates an accountability log of users.. Keeps entries in order of alphabetically and numerical.. Keeps track of distributions for specific entries..

Pros

The ease of linking to our other software.. This is a vital part of our work flow, connecting an invoice to a purchase order... Much more efficient than a manual entry..

Cons

The speed in which it operates... It's fast, but we do live in the microwave age... Also I understand there are things that can be done to increase the speed...

AL

Angella L.

My experience with the software overall has been good.. With customer support have extremely good

Pros

The capability to move things around and align/adjust the placement of data on the from based on our needs is definitely a plus The ability to create copies of the main form and tailor the form to meet the needs of our internal customer so the form is not a cookie cutter is also a plus for this software

Cons

Making changes to the form is not very easy. It is difficult to determine where the output would be on the form. For instance making changes on the HTEXT or TEXT line and figuring out the across and down number, is not easy.

JB

Jimmy B.

Automotive, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great . We would not have had ACH payments as fast as we did with this software.

ACH payments, check printing, email remittance, they also built custom process for us for the bank file.

Pros

Works with no issues. We had custom development and they were great to work with. The ACH works great and printing of checks works very well. Was able to move to standard forms and not preprinted checks any more. Check printing has been reduced by 85% due to ACH payments. The software is saving us money. The email remittance is also a plus.

Cons

We had to write some programs to move files around on our own from ACOM to our Corporate systems. That was not major problem and that has been working with no issues also.

JV

Jesus V.

If work with Zachary Pitts a couple of times and everytime he has been very helpful.

Pros

We use only the forms product and it has worked from day one with no issues even after Zachary did the upgrade everything worked fine from the start.

Cons

No much here to say. It works great for us. Like I said with the Pros these has work since we install it and it has not given us any problems. Zachary is always very helpful when I reach out to him and get a quick response. So I would recommend this product to others which I have done several times. Maybe in the future we may look to use some of the other features that ACOM offers, but for now this has been the best .

TC

Timothy C.

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

Works great for most part but has small issues that do not get fixed.

Paperless accounts payable.

Pros

Integration with Sage MAS and web functionality are the two selling points. i also like how complex you can make the workflow as this is a major plus for our company.

Cons

The issues that do not get resolved like credit memo processing and lack of use tax integration with Sage MAS to accrue use tax on invoices. I also feel that it needs an app for smartphones and tablets to allow approval by those in the field more easily, as well as a remote capture ability to take pictures and upload from smartphone.

SS

Sandy S.

I 'self taught' myself on the ACOM software, and it was a good learning experience

We get nice overlays for spooled files that can be customized to look very professional.

Pros

I use EzDocs, EzPaymanager, and EzPro Designer and I like how, well - supportive support is when I have questions and I also like the ease of use. The upgrades from the site are explained well in the upgrade docs available there, and the green screen software version is intuitive - easy to learn and use. It works for all the various spooled file conversion I use it on - and the documentation is very helpful.

DY

Diane Y.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

We currently just use it to archive documents and that functionality is working well.

We have an audit trail of exactly what the documents look like when they were sent out.

Pros

It is reliable. It gives our end user a method to look at the following documents as they were when they were sent out - PO, invoices, picking tickets, packing slips. It is an automated process that archive these documents. We can make these documents available through our website.

Cons

I think we have an issue purging old documents but that may be a version issue we have not addressed.

DC

Deborah C.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

This office finds the software easy to use and administer.

Laser printing checks. Standardization and automation of forms printing.

Pros

The workings of the software is transparent to the user. The software is easy to implement. To automate daily functions and to merge the software functions into existing software is a breeze.

Cons

I think the forms and check design PC editor could be friendlier to use. A search function is really needed in the PC Editor.

JZ

Joe Z.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Acom software works great for what we need it to do

Great looking forms that work efficiently and reliably.

Pros

Once setup, there is very little maintenance. It just works. It merges our text files from our AS400 system and produces great looking output with labels and data values taken from the legacy AS400 application.

Cons

We haven't been able to use the gui form editor due to an issue with FTP. Limited support for new printers.

JF

Joseph F.

ACOM review

Added much needed abilities to the iSeries platform

Pros

Extremely powerful tool for making presentable reports and printouts. It adds the capability of making visually pleasing reports from a iSeries platform

Cons

The documentation could be a little bit better to make starting out simpler. To go with that trying to find information about any errors can be difficult.

DH

Diane H.

The overall process is slow. Would be helpful to be able to upload invoice batches.

Pros

The software has cut down significantly on paper storage as well as providing quick and easy access to invoice copies.

Cons

Process is slow Need to be able to track invoices that are not approved. Need to be able to extract data Would like to be able to modify the columns to include vendor name and dollar amount Need a improved process for overdue invoices

CJ

Cindy J.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

ACOM is nice for reformatting spooled files.

Ability to change spooled file format and email in PDF.

Pros

Nice for reformatting spooled files and emailing the PDF output. Once a form is setup it is fairly easy to make minor changes.

Cons

Difficult to keep all forms in sync when making changes. It would be better if we didn't need to make separate forms for each email recipient.

TM

Ted M.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Software works for it's intended purpose.Indexing, scanning and retrieving documents is straightford

Eliminates need to store and retrieve paper documents. Multiple people can access the documents easily.

Pros

Relatively easy to use and works as intended for indexing and retrieving documents. Ismael has been very good at support when needed.

Cons

Lack of compatibility with other browsers. Constant issues with Java versions.

CS

Charlene S.

Ever since we acquired ACOM we have not had any serious problems

Pros

What we like the most about this software is that it is user friendly and it is rare for us to have any problems. We use this for purchase orders and all checks.

Cons

We reprint checks, however this my be due to the proprietary software that is used in conjunction with ACOM

CT

Cliff T.

The software works well. Support is good.

Pros

It runs on the IBMi and is easy to administer. This is a solid solution that has served our company for many years.

Cons

We did not purchase the PC client to design forms. Designing forms and labels in green screen, while not difficult, consumes more time than is optimal.

DR

David R.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Customer was very responsive and knowledgeable as usual.

We use this software for form and check printing.

Pros

Easy to use software. Excellent customer support staff. Software is very flexible as far as output options.

Cons

I wish the form set could contain more than 25 forms. I wish that the software upgrades were easier to do.

TL

Troy L.

Pros

After installation it is easy to administer and use. Adding our own graphics to the forms helps associate the client to the company.

Cons

It was hard to install and configure but once that was done there hasn't been an issue since that time.