All categories
Collect!

Credit and debt collection solution for collection agencies

visit website

Collect! Reviews

Pros

Collect! was recommended because of its ease of use, features, packaged reports that were immediately usable and great technical support to it's customers.

John T.

Michael D.

I got onboard with Collect! just as my system was about at the end of its' useful lifespan. With the help of the fine technicians @ Collect.

Michael D.

Cons

Lack for developing features in app during processing some operations.

Ilnaz Z.

Lack of training by Comtech, way too much "self teaching.

Bob M.

Jeff P.

4.8

Still very happy with this program.

It is the backbone of my business. I was able to customize the software to assist us with our legal collection practice.

Pros

This is an update to a previous review. After 15 years I am still very pleased with this program and have yet take full advantage of all it has to offer. It has allowed me to have a turn key operation that 15 years ago I only dreamed about.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say. At first it was quite daunting to setup and I felt the initial instruction/training could have been better. But upon reflection I think anything new can be difficult and after working in it for several months I became much more adept at creating the plans and reports I needed.

Fully Featured, Extensible and Affordable

While there were some growing pains after migrating from a long standing legacy solution, we never missed a beat.

Pros

Collect! contains all of the features we needed to implement policies and procedures across the entire organization. Role based access; check. Fully customizable user levels; check. Integrations with third party service providers and payment processors; check.

Cons

The reporting and letter features native to Collect! are clunky and counter intuitive. The bulk of our reports have been created using SSRS to directly access the back-end data. A company to company move feature to directly transfer data between databases would be a great feature to add.

Thank you for this frank review. Reporting functionality has been improved by the new Query and Report Generator Tool. Thank you for the suggestion of the data transfer between databases.

Does its Job.

Overall, its a good product and does its job. The cost is fair for its quality.

Pros

I like the support from the customer service department. I have used this product in a family business to assist with collections of past due accounts. The software is simple and robust to use.

Cons

Its sort of outdated and could use a makeover, especially the user interface. The search functionalities can be improved to provide more results for different query types.

Hello Arwa, Thank you for your positive review. Our customer service department works hard to help Collect! users, whether larger or smaller, use the system comfortably. As for the user interface, our programming department is currently working on the next major version which will include a complete overhaul of the UI and improved search. We hope that you make good use also of the extra resources in the Member Center and the massive online Help documentation. We remain here to help you use Collect! to collect the way you want and look forward to your next contact.

Collect! saved the day!

My existing system was on the way out & the vendor made it clear they were not interested in working with small to medium sized firms going forward. I got onboard with Collect! just as my system was about at the end of its' useful lifespan. With the help of the fine technicians @ Collect!, I was not only able to migrate & save my existing system to Collect!, I was also able to expand it to the point where I now have more functionality & productivity at my disposal than at any other time in the 29+ year life of my business. The costs are reasonable & the staff is responsive & very easy to work with. I highly recommend this product & as the title of the review indicates, they really saved the day for me.

Pros

I like the straightforward user interface. It is highly customizable & allows me to tailor solutions for my clients directly, without the additional cost of special project programming. It is fast, accurate, affordable & serves all my business needs.

Cons

I came to Collect! after using a different software solution (1 of the major software vendors to the North American collection industry) for about 25 years. There is a learning curve when attempting to apply existing strategies & tactics to Collect! & the online documentation didn't always answer all my questions. If you do decide to use this software for your business, I would absolutely recommend that you include an implementation & support package that best fits your needs, based upon the size of your business.

Thank you for recommending the implementation packages. While training is included in purchase, most new users want at least one new business import map or other customized tool to use right away. Also, just send a quick note to support if you think something is lacking in the Help documentation and we will send that page for an edit. Thank you for taking the time for this review.

Look no further; This is it!

99% paperless collection agency! Everything is where you need it and where it can be found. No lost or missing documents. All stored more securely. Disk space is cheaper than real estate. With a little bit of work -flow mapping and a couple of hours of custom programming by Collect! has resulted in replacing cheque runs and paper statement remittances to clients with e-statements and EFT direct deposits by batch. Massive savings in admin time, postage, and banking costs. Improved margins and greater security.

Pros

Logical, simple & straight forward product right out of the box. Incredibly flexible to customize to your client requirements and work flow by yourself or, with the help of Collects! humble and down to earth support staff. Robust help pages (that continue to grow) makes it easy. The recent change to have Collect! running on SQL database bodes well for a bright future and robust future development.

Cons

Although having well indexed help pages it is sometimes a bit of a struggle to research and find exactly what you are looking for if you are not exactly sure of the technical name within the Collect! universe. This however I accept as more of a "me" limitation than a Collect! limitation.

Our technical staff is always ready to work with Collect! users on workflow improvements. Sometimes modest customizations can result in significant efficiencies for a business. Thanks for the great review, Chris. It is a pleasure to work with you.

Collect! Testimonial

thoughhasWe have been very fortunate to use Collect! as our collection software for 20 years. During that time our business has evolved dramatically and so Our original ts were, There is no way this PC based software can fulfill our needs at a price like that. But, it has exceeded our expectations in flexibility, versatility, design forethought and ease of use. Even today, there are many aspects of...

Pros

Richness of features and ease of use top the list. Total cost of operation is exceptional. Great customer service.

Cons

Unable to identify any Cons.

One of my best business decisions.

I have used this program for 15 years and am extremely pleased with its functionality and the support from Comtech that I receive. It was a little daunting at first setting up the program to fit our legal collection practice but this would be my one and only criticism. Once we set CV11 up to run our collection practice it was amazing to see the turn key operation. We are a collection law firm...

Pros

Flexibility and reliability.

Cons

None really.

Fast and Helpful

I have always been helped pretty promptly over the years. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!

Pros

The customer service for Collect! is by far the best feature of the service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been a huge help to our office. Your team is super responsive and has been a huge relief to me, as Collect! is immensely helping our small office be much more efficient. Hats off to all of you at Collect! Thank you!!

Cons

It is a bit hard to use and complicated, which would likely be hard to totally avoid, but your awesome customer service team makes up for it.

Outstanding Software & Superb Customer Service

I have been using this software since 2002. I have changed letter vendors and merchant service vendors but the one vendor I would NEVER consider changing is my software vendor! Collect allows me to grow my business and is capable of handling anything I need (reports, batch processes, etc.) The key feature of Collect, in my opinion, is that it's not just a pre-packed off the shelf software where...

Cons

Brilliant product only to be out done by their OUTSTANDING customer service!

The functionality opportunity of the system is immense and comes with a learning curve. That said from go-live we had the necessary tools to collect and as we add more Collect! functionality productivity and $$ collected increases exponentially.

Pros

With our jurisdictional idiosyncrasies, Collect! was able to implement the system to meet our needs efficiently with costs well below quotes received from competitive options we had considered before selecting Collect!.

Cons

No cons to mentioned that wouldn't be similar for any system implementation.

Our onboarding and custom report teams enjoyed working with you on your initial training and the creation of custom reports to meet your account grouping requirements. We look forward to continuing to work with you.

Impeccable Customer Service

Overall happy with my experience. The company is very attentive to customer needs and I sense a sincere desire to help their customers succeed. Their customer service sets them miles apart from other software vendors I've worked with in the past.

Pros

Very versatile and customizable (too much in some areas). Exceptional customer service; punctual in returning calls/email, friendly, detailed and evident they have a good culture within. Evident they care.

Cons

Several little nuances at times with the software and navigation/formatting is a bit cumbersome. Software is tailored towards the traditional collection management/agency, and less-so to our business model of legal collections (although they are improving new report writer functionality). Tutorial needs updated as it references old functionality that no longer exists, or has been altered; they have been attentive to curing issues when notified.

Thank you for this review. We are about to release an updated set of tutorial videos and will keep adding to them. The new Query and Report Generator Tool will make it easier for users to create reports on the fly without programming skills. We look forward to continuing to work with you.

Collect! A Software that helps you Collect!

Our company began as a startup in 2015 and after having reviewed several other Debt Collection applications decided to purchase Collect! because of its ease of use, features and packaged reports that were immediately available to its users. The company's staff are readily accessible and their technicians are extremely responsive and knowledgeable about their product. We have since referred another major client to the company to purchase the software.

Pros

It's user friendly and easy to train on

Cons

The report names, for our purposes, are always having to be adjusted in keeping with Non-US territories, as we operate predominantly under the British systems. This is costly at times because we have to pay for the customization of same.

Excellent Collection Industry Software

We've been users of Collect! since 2004 when we had a single collector. Collect! has seamlessly grown with us to our current 15 licenses. We selected Collect! due to its affordability and functionality - we've not been disappointed. They have a responsive support team and extensive online help documents which often allows us the ability to answer our own questions on the fly. Collect! continues to evolve as the industry has evolved. I highly recommend Collect! for a start-up and for the experienced agency looking to make a change.

Pros

Collect! is full featured, highly customizable and easy to use.

Cons

nothing really comes to mind

Best Collection Software for Buck!

Our company has used Collect for over a decade. I have become very familiar with the software and its features over the years. I have watched Collect software grow and improve with each version they release. They listen to their clients and take suggestions to better the product. The best quality of the software is that it can be customized to work exactly as you want. The report writing is pretty straight forward and with little effort you can find answers to questions in the comprehensive online help index. Should you need support, their staff are friendly and helpful. Love it.

Effective Management Program

Experienced on CUBS I moved to Collect in 1998 in version 5. This is a very flexible program enabling smaller operations to provide customization that at times surpasses national service providers. Operationally fast with a limited learning curve for users at all levels.

Pros

Cost and effectiveness

Cons

Some search results could be expanded to reflect debtor name / client name

Collect! is a terrific collection platform and superior to others in my opinion.

Pros

The ease of use and the robust features of Collect! are superior to other collection software programs. The flexibility of Collect! gives me a lot of power to customize and adapt to my clients needs without a lot of costly programming and customization fees. In addition the support team is very prompt and always knowledgeable.

Best Collection Software Ever

We've been a Collect user since 1995. Best feature is that most of the customization we can do here without paying for programmers and/or waiting for finished product. Most elements cab be changed in minutes as needs present themselves. I can't overstate the sense of security we get from knowing when we need them, they are there. They are easily the best vendor relationship we have and I highly recommend you use them.

Pros

Flexibility

Great product

I've been using this software for over 16 years and it has more than met our needs and expectations.

Pros

Ability to customize. Reporting options.

Cons

Lack of training by Comtech, way too much "self teaching". I feel there's still so much more that I do not know how to utilize but running a small business does not afford me time to spend trying to learn from tutorials.

Excellent and Reliable Software

I've been using Collect! for several years as a small collection firm. It has been easy to use, reliable, and there's plenty support documentation that has helped me without having to call them. It was also very competitively priced. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Easy to use and inexpensive

Cons

Could use some user interface improvements. Looks old.

Looked around and found this to best bang for buck

When starting collection agency, I found Collect to have most features available for one time license fee. Great sales and support team, always there when if I need them.

Pros

Features, robustness and service

Cons

Require support to create custom reports and not have interface with accounting software.

More than enough functionality for a small collection operation

We have been using Collect for about two years for property management collections and find that it has more than enough functionality for a small collections operation. We have had issues which were resolved by customer service, and they are very helpful in writing custom reports as well. The only real con is that I wish I had more time to learn about the full capabilities, using the many tutorials available.

Pros

Functionality

Cons

Wish there had been more training and personal assistance at setup

President

100% Reliable Dependable in their support! Great software for my business Collect! has been with me from the first day, easy to learn.

Pros

Easy to Learn and their support

Cons

That its in USD and not in CAD

customization of product

great product and a very helpful IT team.

Pros

it is very adaptable. I am able to customize all processing within the program

Cons

difficult to do customization personally. You definitely need IT assistance if you are not a computer savvy individual

While Collect! comes with full industry standard default settings, many users choose to customize using the Help documents and our technical support to create the workflow they need for maximum efficiency. We were pleased to work with you to customize your system.

Fantastic.

Pros

Collect is the best! Customer support is outstanding. Very easy to navigate . Virtually no problems with it.

Cons

Need software that changes as your business changes? COLLECT does just that!

Collect allows me to work smarter - not harder! I have been using this software for 15 years now and although I've changed many vendors over the years, Collect is the one vendor I have been so pleased with that I would never consider changing. I love that I am not a held hostage to my database and instead, I can alter Collect to fit my business needs! If 500 people were using Collect, I can promise...