Denali Reviews

4.09/5 (100 reviews)

Anonymous

Not as good as CMS Pro but heading in excellent direction

Reviewed 2017-06-02

For the money, the features are excellent and I challenge you to find a better product in the price range. We have been using CMS since 1992. In fact, I still have one business doing in same revenue still using the DOS version. We also use Pro for some businesses and one business is now on Denali. The product is excellent. We didn't want to change from CMS PRO but had to. Denali is strong. Not yet better than PRO but most users won't know the difference. Bottom line: solid accounting foundation, well organized, more than capable for wholesale distributor. We are heavily customized which was not possible with Denali. Thankfully, they have partners that are very capable. I have always considered CMS one of the best business decisions I ever made.

David Griffin

Fund accounting and Cougar Mtn. customer service

Reviewed 2016-12-06

The thing that frustrates me the most about your program with the issues it does have is not the program. It is the customer service as it pertains to how you justify your billing me. Recently I had an issue with the payroll module and sent information in to be reviewed. This turned into a 2-hour phone call that cost me. The instructions in your help and field names is misleading. So misleading that the rep and I couldn't figure out what was going on during that 2-hour phone call. I finally figured it out and sent a follow-up email to you guys. What I got was a wasted two hours and a bill on my training hours. Not happy at all as well when it cost me to point out errors when your system has errors in it, like the new drill down report in the Audit Trail, and I get billed for it. Do not only do I get billed for something that wasn't even clear to Kevin. I get billed for pointing out calculation problems with your program. Why should I get billed for bringing things up that are incorrect in the way your program works or process errors that your staff can't point out? I am not happy with the end result of your customer service! Those who help me are great in the eagerness to help, but those who make the real customer service calls on the billing I am very disappointed in their decisions. So much so... I would warn any prospective client of yours to beware. You do not seem to be able to take ownership of your issues. You pass them on to your customers.I like how it allocates. But I hate it that once in the system, the system treats every transaction in the allocation as a separate transaction instead of an allocation.

Mark Barron

Many features not right. My CPA hates the software.

Reviewed 2017-09-05
Review Source: Software Advice

Anything that is wrong with the software, they make you feel it's your fault, or they designed it that way. Customer service feels like it's run by a your worst nightmare of a Cable Company.History. I love history for my customer's past purchase. Multi Level Pricing for inventory. 2 Must haves for my business.

Lezah Shinkle

Denali Fund Accounting is accurate

Reviewed 2018-10-10

Denali Fund Accounting is very accurate. I rarely have a software issue. I have been using this product over 20 years. I have used other Fund accounting programs and have come back to Denali. It is straight forward and easy to use. It does not have tons of bells and whistles, but it is reliable and accurate. The program works. I use GL, AP, BR and Payroll modules. They integrate well together. You can have custom reports built for your specific use. I like their CD service for upgrades.It is accurate. Easy to use. I trust the software . My reports are accurate.

Mary Papik

Support is Wonderful

Reviewed 2018-12-11

Reporting is always a big problem. With Denali FUND we are able to export into files that import easily into Excel and then we can produce reports that make sense for our municipality.The support has been fantastic. From implementation to ongoing use, all we have to do is call for help. We almost always get an answer within an hour.

Wendy Johner

The staff are very helpful.

Reviewed 2017-06-07

I like that it intrgrates with the other modules or that you can use each module individually. I am interested in how the payment process will work with our desk top in the sales module.

Kim Thompson

Denali Fund Cost Effective for Small Municipalities

Reviewed 2018-10-15

We have used Cougar Mountain for many years and Denali FUND since its inception. Cougar Mountain is very open to feedback and suggested improvements. Their customer support is terrific!We get full functionality for our small town government office at a cost we can afford.

Amanda Jenkins

Cougar Mountain Inventory

Reviewed 2016-12-16

The customer support system is wonderful; however, some of the features such as the copy inventory to multi-location feature have been giving me a real problem.. Especially when I'm adding new items into multiple locations. Its easy to use.

Georgina Rodriguez

Review of Denali

Reviewed 2016-12-06

Denali is a good software. The transition from another software to Denali was smooth. I believe the software could improve in few ways. the first thing we noticed is that to back up our organization increased from 5 minutes to 20-25 minutes. My Staff backs up our organization twice a day. this process cuts our productivity by an hour each day. it is easy to use.

Heather Adams

Very User Friendly, Needs Almost No Training

Reviewed 2018-10-10

Ease of use, multiple reports with different parameters, shortcut keys. Customer service is excellent. Reps are super friendly and take time to explain how-tos and/or how they are fixing problems.

Sandy Henson

We learn something new everyday, their customer service is exceptional

Reviewed 2016-03-31
Review Source: Software Advice

The integration of all of the packages and the easy customization to your needs. I like that you can get as much detail or as little detail as you require on your reports. The financial statements, trial balances, and audit trails work to assist you in finding any posting errors.

Angie Waits

Denali Review

Reviewed 2016-12-09

Denali Fund Software is relatively easy to use. A good value for the money. Customer Service has always been helpful.Most of the software is easy to use. Has some good report options. I like the ability to copy accounts and funds.

Cate Ejjed

Director of Finance

Reviewed 2016-12-16

Initial set up training was problematic and the integration between MS Suite and Crystal Reports is lacking. Customer support is very responsive and I like the simple interface over a very functional system. Cloud-based upgrades very professional and speedy.Simple interface with lots of functionality.

David Spradlin

Best value in accounting software I have ever seen.

Reviewed 2015-11-03
Review Source: Software Advice

It can be tailored to fit nearly any need. With CMS I can get the Custom Modifications I need for some of my special needs. Right out of the box it has so many customizable options you can not imagine what all it can do. If you can not fid a way, just call CMS. They can and will find a way to fit everything you need.

Natalie Hunt

CMS - Denali

Reviewed 2018-10-10

The software has functions that protect the company from fraud. It is very detailed and the history is easy to look back.

John Johnson

Denali POS Review by Wine Rack

Reviewed 2019-01-23

Integration of POS Sales, INV & Account modules, along with stellar customer support.

Bob Bredin

Great for small to mid-size buisenes

Reviewed 2018-03-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Modular based product that allows businesses to choose from the suite not forcing businesses to purchase modules that are not needed. The modular base allowed us to purchased what we needed when we were ready.

Marie Powell

Great Customer Service, efficent software program

Reviewed 2018-10-10

Customer service is always friendly and knowledgeable. Denali offers many options to add on based on your needs as a business.

Deb Russell

Compliment

Reviewed 2018-11-26

Your support team is awesome, so knowledgeable and friendly.

Tom Gheen

Great for the price, Mostly got it right...

Reviewed 2016-08-31
Review Source: Software Advice

From an audit standpoint, batch processing, locked transactions and audit trail, easy G/L, full module integration. From an ease of use, straight forward accounting product.

Wendy Johner

Denali Fund accounting

Reviewed 2016-12-06

We have been using Denali for two years. It has helped us to keep our records organized and up to date. !!I really like the bank rec option.

Sharon Spencer

I am currently using the Denali software, having transitioned over from Cougar Mt Pro

Reviewed 2016-02-15

I am 66 years old, and do not possess all the technical skills of todays youth. Having said that, I learned Cougar Mt Software 25+ years ago. (when DOS based was the norm)! Cougar Mt Pro was easy to learn and work with. The Program writers did a great job with the transitioning into Denali. The Software is easy to access, understand and maneuver though..The Modules were well thought out and set up. It gives me what I need for our Accountant and more so. I'm an extremely cautious person that doesn't go outside the box of what is comfortable for me. For that reason, I "always" purchase and rely on the Support Contract package offered. Its worth every penny! From the girls that take your Support Request, to the Installers of new Updates, the specialist dealing with customized report needs and I can not forget or say enough good about the Technical personnel! With 25 years of working with Cougar Mt., I can honestly say the Customer Service Representatives are outstanding! Everyone is courteous, knowledgeable and focused. In the fast pace world we are in and everyone needing help "now", the turn around time from call to help is minimal. Everyone at Cougar Mt is so dedicated to helping you solve your issue! I am ever so grateful for their support team!

Anonymous

Very early in conversion process...

Reviewed 2018-10-10

Once our actual conversion is complete, hopefully by the end of the calendar year, I believe our reporting to our funders will be much easier. We are hoping to do away with all or at least most of our supplemental Excel workbook processing and letting Denali Fund do its magicThe ability to track grant funds - multiple levels in accounts, reporting etc - 30,000 foot view or in the weeds! Our organization has federal grants, private grants, corporate sponsorships, etc., all with different reporting requirements and budgets. We also have 7 locations and Denali Fund is able to track by the funding sources and locations. We are very early in our use of the software - still converting in the middle of our fiscal year. I'm sure we will only be using a small percentage of the software's capability in the beginning but as our organization grows, we will appreciate all of the funtionality.

Don Gilman

20+ Years Of Use, Sorely Disappointed

Reviewed 2015-10-23
Review Source: Software Advice

The only good thing I can say about it is the searches and reports using crystal reports versus report writer is lightning fast.

Anna Frederick

Denali is a great product

Reviewed 2015-11-23
Review Source: Software Advice

Security (audit trails), customization abilities, training videos, knowledgeable and timely answers to questions/problems.