NUTRITION MAKER

Online dietitian software for dietitians & nutritionists

NUTRITION MAKER Reviews

Great product

Pros

I like most the huge variety of pre-built menu plans and recipes.

Cons

It's a little cumbersome to build a menu plan.

Excellent Software

Overall, it has been one of the best investments to my business. I started with the desktop version and upgraded to online version. I tried another online software for comparison and Nutrition Maker was the best for my needs and online consulting model.

Pros

Easy to use! You can save favorite foods for fast searches on menu planning. I utilize the custom macro ratios that you can apply when creating a menu plan.

Cons

No mobile application available. It would be nice to have a more modern look to the softer, that is more visually engaging for the client. It would be great to have an app, where you can communicate with clients and they can actually log there own food choices, record their weight, etc. At times, website glitches when creating a menu. It will not save foods as favorites.

Eric, we do have a mobile app planned on our development schedule. Also, clients can access on tablets. Please contact us regarding your glitches. We have had no reports of such issues and if you contact us, we can resolve your issue.

The product has a ton of valuable highlights.

Pros

In general, it has been perhaps the best venture to my business. I began with the work area form and moved up to online rendition. I attempted another online programming for correlation and Nutrition Maker was the awesome my requirements and internet counseling model.

Cons

Generally very satisfied with the software. No complains at all!

Good product, needs more functionality

My overall experience with Nutrition Maker is mediocre. The price point is good as well as the resources that are available for clients. If the food database issue was fixed and the ability to enter custom macros was added, this would be an absolutely wonderful product.

Pros

The software has a lot of useful features. Once a meal plan is created, there are numerous features that can be accessed that are useful analytical tools. The micronutrient breakdown is quite useful. The shopping list is nice as well.

Cons

The ability to set custom calories and macros is not available in this software. This makes it incredibly difficult to be specific to what each client requires. A generic algorithm is used and I feel that this limits this software terribly. Another issue with this software is the databases that the foods are pulled from. They are limited and if the food isn't spelled correctly for how it is listed, the software will not pull it up.

Wiley, thanks for the feedback. We feel we must point out that Nutrition Maker does have the ability to set custom calories and macros. Our food databases come directly from the USDA, Australian and Canadian food databases. Additionally we have added many food from private industry. We do offer a variety of search options so that one does not have to spell correctly.

Great Product

Pros

It has a huge library or pre made meal plans that are easy to modify for my clients. The client portal is great my clients get all of their information online. I no longer have to enter my clients diet histories. My clients can enter their own food log on the website with my logo. It is a great tool for working with my clients remotely and in person.

Cons

I have no complaints about the software.

Fast and Reliable Tool for Basic Menu Design and Nutrition Analysis

It has gotten me out of a pinch several times when I needed an affordable menu package as client load fluctuates from none to a full schedule. I don't need menu software all the time, some time I spend just writing and not doing telehealth

Pros

It comes with a lot of features for the money

Cons

Not able to make menu edits as easily as other menu software companies. For example, if I want to add a snack after dinner I don't see any way to do this.

Kathy, it is possible to add a snack category to any meal plan. Contact us and we can show you how.

Program Review

The program is helpful.

Pros

The calculations of calories and macro's. The ability to save and make changes. Clients are able to use the program to track their progress.

Cons

The questionnaire can not be edited. That there is not an ap available.

Chonda, we are happy to add questionnaire forms if you wish to submit them for review. And we have an app planned for the future.

Fun to plan with

I can say my over all experiences with this product in general is great I will be a customer for life

Pros

The meal planning with caloric calculator is the best feature that I can say. We use on the daily thank you

Cons

I can't say anything that I can see anything that needs changing. Everything is streamlined well and set up amazing