OHM

Cloud-based occupational health management solution

OHM Reviews

Pros

Great off-the-shelf solution for meeting the great majority of an organization's occupational health/safety needs with dashboards, filtering capabilities, and reports.

Andrew W.

Bev B.

Good material for general safety topics and the ease of navigating through materials. Customer service quick no voice prompts and will walk you through your questions efficiently.

Scott C.

Linda R.

Reports are very difficult to run and information is a manual operation in reviewing Accident Investigations.

Marty S.

Ellisabeth C.

3.8

OHM

Pros

What I like most about OHM is how easy it makes it to run a report of all the information that has been inputted for whatever time frame you are looking for. Running reports on OHM is very easy.

Cons

What I like least about OHM is when I am entering a new report and it will autosave mid report.

OHM Review

Excellent tool for maintaining electronic medical records for occupational health items, restrictions, medical surveillance, and OSHA 300 log (and related items).

Pros

Cons

As is the case with any off-the-shelf solution, it has constraints in meeting "specific" wants/desires of an organization - customizing the system to meet a specific customer need without jeopardizing the overall strategy of OHM.

Using since 2012. Overall it's a good system. Web based makes it accessable to everyone.

Now that I'm used to OHM I like it a bit better. I do think it's a bit "clicky" and doesn't flow as easily,or intuitive as other systems I've used. I don't like having to enter the same information in different modules. I think it should save whatever is entered under all modules and be able to access information from whatever module you in, not having to go into the one where the info was uploaded. I like it's web based. Scanning is great. Was a bit frustrating learning all the nifty little things the system could do then getting back to the office to find out we couldn't do the nifty little things we learned about in trainging due to some technical issue. But it works good for what basic things I need it to do.

Cons

Hi Audra, thank you for your feedback. In response to your comment about information being available in various modules, many of the screens do flow to the other modules if they are configured correctly. We would recommend contacting support if you have specific examples of screens that you enter in one place that don¿t save to the same screen in another place, they should be able to help you. Our support experts are happy to help with any technical issue that do not allow you to do things demonstrated in training as well.

Medical database needing some upgrading

Pros

Houses all medically-related information about our employees in one database.

Cons

No single sign-on if your company has more than one database (i.e. employee, archive, different countries/regions).

I am an HRIS Analyst that supports 9 Employee Health departments that use OHM software.

We have 17k+ employees over 14 subsidiaries and this software helps us manage compliance and track OSHA injuries. We have been "live" on the product for a little over a year and still finding features that help us. I really like the import feature. Our support has been very patient and responsive during this time with all of the many different requests and needs. I appreciate the quick turnaround time on support tickets! The support team is courteous, professional and knowledgeable. The only cons I can think of are that our "go-live" was not the best and wish we could have had more support at that time. There appeared to be a revolving door on our project team from OHM side. A wish for future enhancement would be a robust ad-hoc report writer.

Not Bad For EMR, But Not Great Software

Overall relatively easy to use and is customizable to a decent extent, plus overall good customer service/support. However, it has some clunky, non-intuitive interfaces and ways of handling data (surveillances, etc.) that are frustrating as are some modules that require redundant data entry and multiple clicks when easier ways should be possible. But as I said, for an EMR it's not terrible and in fact relatively powerful and customizable and relatively easy to learn and use day-to-day.

Cons

Hi Juan, thank you for taking a moment to provide some feedback on your experience with OHM. Good news! We are working to add more user-friendly options that require less `clicking¿ in our next release. You will receive updates regarding dates for that release as it approaches. In addition, our product team feels that issues with `clunkiness¿ can often be overcome with familiarity of the product. We will reach out to you directly and explain the various training we have that could help eliminate this frustration and improve your experience with OHM. In regards to redundant data entry; it might be a good idea to review workflows and available functionality to see if some of this can be eliminated. We hope this was helpful.

Could be good, but overall not user friendly

I use it because i have to, it would not be my first choice

Pros

Documenting as long as you are quick about it is simple. It is mostly easy to link documents to cases.

Cons

You can't download all documents for a case at one time it has to be done individually. It times out quickly which is irritation.

Lots of benefits here!

The system has a lot of benefits that help us every day. We are able to track our occupational health information in one place and that is valuable. Our interfaces work well. The issue comes when there is a problem. We struggle with customer service and getting help with simple problems. We also struggled with our upgrade. Too much time goes by without resolution.

Cons

Thank you for taking a moment to write to us about your experience with OHM, Linda. We believe that many of the issues you have experienced have been programming issues. Resolution in this case typically requires waiting for the next version to be released. We will be reaching out to you directly to be sure that all of your needs are being met and to ensure that we are doing everything we can to improve your experience with OHM.

Review of OHM

Pros 1 Web-based - can access wherever there is internet 2 Easy function 3 Tech support - friendly and responsive 4 Ability to go completely paperless and scan paper documents 5 Ipad - vaccination app great tool for mass clinics 6 Customizable to our clinic needs Cons 1 Glitches that occur with software upgrade - patches needed to correct 2 Medical Surveillance seems to have a lot of issues. We haven't been able to use it to it's full potential due to inaccurate data 3 Many functions we are not using due to our inability to take the time to customize, implement - and we rely on our IT help and it is not a high priority

Cons

Great product that makes my job easier.

I like how within one health system we can pull up any employee. We have multiple hospitals throughout the area and when we cover for each other or have employees that come to a different employee health nurse. We are able to pull up there chart in OHM even if they are not our employee. I like how we can get awaya from paper charts (slowly but surely). It is easy to run reports and keep track of compliance. All around a great tool to have with all of the requirements we have to meet. Makes life much easier :)

Cons

I am an Employee Health nurse and I use it everyday.

Love the batch data entry. Reports are so very detailed that they are hard to get. Probably need more training. :) Otherwise, I think that this is tedious and time consuming work. I would let each employee have access to their part of the site and let them enter everything themselves. Then, their supervisor, or Employee Health nurse can make comments/corrections. I am almost finished with giving flu shots. The batch entry is great for getting them in and counted for reports. Now, I have tons of forms to scan in. It is a waste of my time, my brain, and it hurts my back and neck to sit here all day and do this. Please help. Thanks.

Cons

Thank you for the valuable feedback, Elisabeth. We would love to take a minute and respond to all of the things you addressed. First, have you considered using the mobile vaccination app for flu vaccinations? This allows employees to fill out a consent form directly on the iPad and eliminates the need to scan things after the fact. There are over 1,000 reports in OHM, so we understand that sometimes...

OHM under utilization

I have been using OHM 2 years, since coming to my company. There are many good things about it such as the ability to document injuries and follow work comp cases along, a place to store employee information, but many inefficient things as well. There are many areas that we most likely aren't utililizing correctly but trying to get the resources (other than the manual which is 100's and 100's of pages...

Cons

Hi Deb, thanks so much for taking a moment to write to us about your experience with OHM. It does sound like a BPA and/or configuration engagement might be helpful, but we definitely understand that the budget won¿t always allow for this kind of major expense. Our experts in technical support can definitely assist with setup questions; but unfortunately without the BPA won¿t be able to perform a full business process analysis. However, if you have questions on how to get something streamlined a bit easier, we can assist in that area. We hope this has been helpful and will reach out directly to see if there is anything else we can do to enhance your experience. Thank you for being a loyal customer!

OHM

We were disappointed to see the departure of new functionality within OHM on premise. Despite having the same platform except for the hosting location the functionaliy is only available in the cloud. We've had a few support issues take longer than desired.

Cons

Hi David, thank you for the feedback. We¿d love to get a bit more information about the ¿departure of functionality¿. We believe you are speaking of the portal which is only available on SaaS. If we are on the same page, there are plans in the future, dates which are yet to be released, to make the portal something that can run on self-hosted installations. When we have more information on the release for this functionality we will contact you directly. We hope this provided some insight.

Good for Medical - not good for Safety management

The incident management side of the software is lacking and very non customizable. You get three of four templates and do not have the ability to add or subtract to the forms to customize the incident management to your specific needs and wants (other than a few items that nobody uses anyways). Questions raised to customer service on the issue are replied back with "nobody is addressing the safety management side of the software". The medical and case management side of the software works very well however, if the safety side was better, or at least somebody was working on an improvement for it I would recommend the program but at this time I cannot.

Cons

Hello Reed, thanks for your feedback. UL has made many upgrades to OHM over the course of 2016. UL has updated the software to incorporate additional features for safety users. One example is the Industrial Hygiene Module. It appears you are on 7.2.9 and the latest is 7.7. If you would like to see a demo of this feature, please feel free to reach out to us: ULEHSS@UL.com

redundant

having to type a persons name every time you want to add an encounter is time consuming

Cons

Dawn, good news! There is actually an option to remember the last person accessed when adding an encounter or also an option to keep the employee listing results in the list, so when you search for someone, that search will stick and allow you to pick the same person multiple times. Please contact support for help turning on either of those options. We hope this is helpful.

I have been using UL software for 19 yrs. It is user freindly and it meets all my needs

Excellent reports generated. UL keeps up with new / regulations and standards of practice for Occupational Health clinics with updated versions of software . Tech support is great The only problem I would say we have, is trying to update consent forms with app. We wanted to use ipad with consent form for flu vaccines this season but had difficulty trying to understand , apply app and form etc thus we were not successful this season.

Cons

I have enjoyed using and learning this software for the past year .

The pros of this software is that is comprehensive in covering all aspects of employee health. I do not know of any other area that could be added to it to survey our employees. There is ease of use and full documentation with this software for each individual employee for all the employee health aspects of employment. I have used this software for over a year now and looking forward to learning more of its capabilites.

Cons

I use the software as an employee health nurse

I like the way we can access most of the necessary health information all on the compliance page of the vaccinations section! A quick look and I have about 99% of the info that I need for an employee. One con that I can speak to is having to enter a TST and the reading in two different encounters. I would like to be able to enter both in the same encounter. Overall I am pleased with our OHM software!

Very User-Friendly

OHM provides a very user-friendly, very functional method for recordkeeping for our Employee Health Clinic. The system is very easy to navigate to run reports, look up compliance information for employees and keep current with documentation. Our clinic staff is responsible for 7800 employees and OHM is very valuable in keeping track of annual requirements for these employees.

OHM - Children's Mercy Hospital (CMH) Experience

We have been using OHM at CMH since 2012. Our beginning was rocky, but with perseverance and great support from OHM, we have overcome many obstacles and to date have a robust system that captures all the data that we need and produces reports that we need to present to upper management. Really need annual user conferences so that knowledge can be shared.

Cons

I have just started using this product myself and am enjoying my experience

I have just started using this product. We have had OHM for quite sometime, but I work in the IT department and we are just getting involved. I have found that the OHM staff are very helpful and are very quick to get back with us. I look forward to learning more about this product and it uses as we have already found a few things we were not using. Thanks.

Cons

Easy to use, great customer service, great trainers

I find the software fairly intuitive and easy to learn. Customer Service has always been very helpful and I think, go the extra mile. We had a consultant here for 3 days earlier this year and she was so knowledgable and great to work with. I think the only con is that there are too many reports so find it difficult to find the one I need.

Cons

I have used OHM in many settings. It does a great job of tracking surveillance in industry.

In the world of Health Care OHM has an opportunity to develop more Health Care functionality. My Health Care Workers would really like to see an app for TB and emerging infectious diseases. Additionally Work comp reporting functionality needs to reflect the events most commonly seen in Health Care Settings.

Cons

Implementation of system in multiple locations

Pros: Extremely easy employee interface setup and deployment. Cons: Limitations on security profile settings and locations OHM was an extremely simple and cost effective solution for workplace safety, health and medical tracking.

Cons

Great material and ease of use