Compease Reviews

4.91/5 (66 reviews)

Kim Bauer

Functionality of software provides confidence in pay structures

Reviewed 2017-09-19

Total compensation is a large driver in employee engagement, so having a good grasp on the largest piece of that puzzle is instrumental in our business. This software helps me to keep moving our pay practices forward so that we remain competitive in our markets.

Pros
The Compease system is easy to use and helps me to be confident in the pay structures we offer to employees. It quickly calculates compa-ratios out by employee, helps us to determine pay structures for hybrid jobs that don't have an apples-to-apples comparison in the industry, and allows us to manage multiple pay structures. We have separate structures for exempt, non-exempt, and executive pay, as well as exempt and non-exempt IT structures that have a similar scoring process with different weights applied. It helps me to analyze the data in multiple ways to make sure that we have sound pay practices at the Credit Union. We also are able to develop our merit matrix and run it against current pay to quickly see what the overall impact will be to budget and compa-ratio if the merit matrix solely is used for increases. Being located in eight states, I also like that I can monitor pay practices in other locations to make sure that we are paying competitively in each market.

Cons
Compease uses a wide variety of data points for determining salary ranges to use, however we do not have direct access to the results of those surveys. It would be nice to see some actual ranges for the positions, if they were to pay higher or lower in the ranges throughout the market.

Julie Knoblich

We have been using the Compease software since 2008 and are very pleased with the results.

Reviewed 2017-09-26

The Compease system allowed us to evaluate our staff positions using a consistent approach and methodology rather than the home-grown system we were using. Due to the consistency of this product, for the first time we felt confident in posting the staff salary grades and salary schedules for access by our employees.

Pros
The ease of use by both our supervisors and the HR staff, as well as the consistency it brings to the evaluation of our staff positions. We also like that the software is now Cloud-based rather than PC-based allowing you to access the system from anywhere.

Cons
In the Job Master section, sometimes the slider bar which allows you to quickly access positions on the list doesn't show up.

Carol Cochran

Very positive - great compensation solution, and excellent customer support

Reviewed 2018-01-18

Market based salary ranges that are internally equitable - perceived by the employees as being fair.

Pros
Cloud based - very user friendly. The software solution provides market based salary ranges that are also internally equitable - helps convey the fairness of the system. The Compease team is very skilled and helpful - we love the system!

Cons
For Native American tribes that have a different minimum wage than their geographic location, Compease isn't able to accommodate this difference.

Paul McManus

Overall an excellent experience in every facet.

Reviewed 2018-05-31

Compensation administration, job descriptions and evaluations, budget process help

Pros
Ease of Use is what I like most about this software. The layout is easy to navigate and looks great.

Cons
I am not sure I really have a "con." for this platform. I would think that if there is one, its based on my own ignorance.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Excellent! So glad you and your team are happy with Compease, Paul!
When people find out about Compease, it makes a huge difference to their organization.
All the best!

Jennie Newbold

I am a Human Resource professional in the financial industry.

Reviewed 2018-03-06

Pros
Compease makes salary administration a lot easier and provides information for sounds and fair pay practices based on our company asset size, industry, and geographic location.

Cons
I wish the software had the ability to see a total compensation picture, including benefits. I would like to see benefit costs incorporated to give us a true reflection of how much employees are being "paid".

Denise Roberts

Excellent product

Reviewed 2019-09-09

The only time I have problems is when it is appraisal time and trying to get Compease and PerformancePro to work together for me. But considering we only do it once a year, I forget.

Pros
Its ease of use! It is easy to find the answer if you don't remember it.

Cons
There is really nothing I don't like about it. It is very easy to use and understand.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Hi Denise,

Thanks for providing us feedback! So excited to hear that the product has been easy to use and provides you the resources needed in those moments when you can't remember. Trust me, we all have those moments!

If you should ever need any additional assistance during your appraisal season, don't hesitate to connect with one of your Compease Support Specialists.

Thanks again,

The Compease Family

Jane Huntley

The Best

Reviewed 2019-09-04

The service, the team and all parts of the system and software are awesome. Everyone and everything is so user friendly.

Pros
Since integration, it's a time saver. Love it's ease of use and the support we get if and when needed.

Cons
None that I know of. I've never encountered any issues that would make me dislike this software.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Hi There,

Thank you so much for the feedback Jane and we are happy to hear that the integration was a success and a time saver! It is also great to hear that you have had a great experience with our software and our amazing support team, I know they have enjoyed working with you as well.

If there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to reach out and thank you for your continued business.

All the best!

The Compease Family

Peter Stein

Very Easy easy to use

Reviewed 2017-11-03

Ability to market price jobs

Pros
Reporting features. Easy to create new job. The ability to override job evaluation system. The ability to change job descriptions

Cons
Does not have enough Benchmark Jobs. Does not have data for Credit unions over 2 million. I do not like the evaluation system. It is too rigid

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

Ok Compensation Solution

Reviewed 2018-09-27

It is just ok. There are a million payroll/compensation solutions and this is about the middle of the road. If I had been in position when this was selected, I would have advocated for a different solution.

Pros
I really like the merit increase planning tool. That definitely is a time saver and helps to streamline our process flow. The projections tools are helpful as well, especially in budget crunch times.

Cons
It is advertised with "robust" data analysis tools. I certainly wouldn't consider this solution as "robust." It's just ok.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. We are so glad to hear that the merit increase planning and projection tools have been able to streamline your process flows. We understand how busy HR professionals are and the hope is to make these needed processes as efficient as possible.

We would love to find out more about your data analysis needs and how we can make using Compease a better experience for you and your organization. Will you please reach out to us and tell us how we can connect with you?

All the best,

The Compease Family.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Karen Pennington

great overall experience from the set up to daily use

Reviewed 2017-09-19

Pros
The onsite help in getting the software up and running and the yearly updates on the salaries in our market and industry. The customer support is awesome as well. If ever a question it is very easy to get an answer.

Ann King

Very good. It is a very easy software to use and update.

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-04-02

Pros
The ability to run different the matrix and see the results immediately. It is very easy to add or update job descriptions. We recently integrated with Performance Pro which eliminates the need to add new employees to two different system which saves time.

Cons
Perhaps it may be the user and the need to educate oneself on the process, but when I ran a matrix based on the anniversary date, it did not seem to calculate like I thought it would. We are in the process of perhaps changing when wages are increased from year-end to anniversary date and would like to calculate the cost for the year.

Chesney Davis

Great tool!

Reviewed 2017-07-17

Time it takes to create a pay scale is amazingly short. Also nice to have a back up when Management asks why a position is placed where it is on the scale.

Pros
The software is easy to use, the compensation information is accurate, and I feel they have great customer service.

Cons
If we get a warning when inputting an employee, it would be nice to be able to override it if there are organizational exceptions.

Dawn Martin, SPHR

It's a great product and the customer support is great. I do have a couple of suggestions.

Reviewed 2018-01-18

Pros
It is extremely intuitive and user friendly, easy to navigate and the customer support is fantastic.

Cons
I think technological skills should be a scoring factor. I would also like more control over the reporting functions (although this has been improved recently).

Nancy Seamons

Outstanding

Reviewed 2017-07-14

We are a new company and we did not have a salary system setup that was fair and equitable for everyone concerned. Since we started using Compease we now have a salary base for each of our positions in the company and because it ties in with Performance Pro it puts more merit into the performance appraisals. Also, the comp reports help show us where our employees stand in relations to the rest of the industry giving our salary base meaning and helps us to be fair and equitable with our employees.

Pros
How easy it is to use. How helpful it is when it is time to figure raises. How it ties in with Performance Pro's appraisal system. I really like all of the different reports it offers for our company.

Linda Henning

Compease provides all of the information I need to manage the compensation function.

Reviewed 2017-07-14

Total Compensation Management System for my company.

Pros
Easy to use and provides quality customer support. Compease also accepts client suggestions for improvements and incorporates them into the process.

Cons
I would like to see more pro forma job descriptions because occasionally I have a new position that does not fit into the ones offered.

Scott Bonacorsi, PHR, SHRM-CP

great customer service

Reviewed 2017-11-05

Pros
easy to set up and make changes. very intuitive. we installed the software in under one month and began using immediately.

Cons
custom reporting is a bit clunky. the Excel downloads do not necessarily format in a useful manner requiring manual manipulation of the data.

Serein Amireh

We had a wonderful experience with the training and implementation

Reviewed 2018-03-08

Customer rep. was very helpful with the training. I have only had to reach out to customer service one time and they were also great!

Pros
My favorite thing about the software is how easy the website is to use. Things like updating employees and downloading reports only takes a few minutes!

Alisa Nelson

Very good experience. Easy to navigate. Customer Service excellent.

Reviewed 2017-09-20

Pros
Provides meaningful salary ranges so I can have a meaningful salary administration program. Aids in developing job descriptions.

Cons
Nothing really. I don't like having to break down duties by percentages, but I work around that. I do understand why Compease uses the feature.

Elizabeth Jimenez

I have been using this tool for almost 10 years. One of the most comprehensive tools in the market.

Reviewed 2017-07-14

Pros
This tool is very easy of use, from set-up on through report running I have not encountered any issues.

Cons
I have no significant issues with the software. In fact, the software is easy to use. The only recommendation is that I would like to see a bridge to our HRIS.

Pauline Reese

Very easy product to use. Gives a good indication of current economic salary ranges.

Reviewed 2017-09-19

Pros
The up to date salary ranges help us to stay competitive with salaries in our area. Reports we can pull give us current info on where our employees are in the overall ranges of our local area.

Charlene Dres

Database is user friendly and serves our purposes sufficiently

Reviewed 2018-06-08

Compensation benchmarking comparisons

Pros
Intuitive reporting functionality, easy to update, and very satisfied with the customer service provided.

Cons
Not really a Con but we would like it to interface with the Performance Pro system we use soon to prevent redundancy.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Hi Charlene,
Thanks for the feedback about Compease and so glad you are happy with it! We always appreciate it when people take time to share their thoughts.

Also, I have some great news for you. Compease does integrate with Performance Pro! Are you willing to reach out to me and I'll tell you how we can get that set up for you?

Deb Elliott

Easy to navigate and excellent support staff.

Reviewed 2017-07-16

Pros
The salary information is current and relevant based on demographics - industry, asset size, and region. Ability to generate reports based on variables.

Carol Gleave

The system was very easy to learn. Easy to use and to manage.

Reviewed 2017-07-15

Pros
Easy to use. Reports can be sorted in a number of ways which is very helpful. Reports can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Anonymous

We utilize Compease for our compensation plan.

Reviewed 2018-03-06

I am looking forward to using it this year for our annual reviews. It is going to allow me to play with percentages and allow my managers the ability to utilize it also.

Pros
Compease really helps place employees in the correct salary range and it gives us fresh comp survey info so we know if we are paying our employees correctly.

Cons
The only problem with the software that I have had is transferring the compratio info to excel. I have had to call them to assist me with this because it wouldn't work for me.

William Bender

It is a simple functional tool that lets keep jobs in alignment based on duties and responsibilities

Reviewed 2017-07-14

standardized way of classing positions in a pay grade

Pros
simple to use, keeps our various jobs aligned to assist in maintaining equal pay for equal work, and seeing our pay is competitive within our region for similar jobs. Provide a mechanism for grouping jobs within a pay grade and providing the justification should you ever need.

Cons
Our biggest dislike is it is not compatible with our enterprise software so maintenance is an additional step and falls behind as salaries change