All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

CDD Vault Reviews

Pros

The support team at CDD is exceptionally responsive and helpful, allowing all our requests to be promptly and effectively answered.

Stéphane D.

Read the full review
Really excellent customer service that supports a perfect database for novice users.

Stephanie F.

Read the full review

Cons

As a medicinal chemist who grew up with MDL, there's not much here to complain about. There a few interface conventions that take a little time to get used to.

Read the full review
No big complaints - CDD is constantly improving and adding to their features.

Stephanie F.

4.9

CDD Is an ideally suited scientific database management system for our start-up biotech

Excellent database management system Web-based platform for rapid data analysis and sharing Fast evaluation of new design ideas Easy export to specialized data visualization applications

Pros

In our drug discovery organization, CDD is a central feature for biological data storage, analysis, and reporting. Its intuitive interface requires a minimal learning curve to register compounds, generate assay curve fittings, and produce useful data reports. Numerous built-in options allow additional customization to your projects or your organization. Sharing specific data with collaborators is...

Cons

The CDD team is eager to keep improving their product via customer feedback, and thus most of the CONS eventually get resolved over time. One function that we would really benefit from is a temporary "working space", where data could be reviewed and analyzed by the uploading scientist prior to publishing to the main vault for all collaborators to see and use.

CDD gets high marks for design, ease of use, functionality and reliability as a platform

Pros

Each feature is well thought out, tested (yes tested!) and documented. The interface is clean and does not overwhelm the end user or admin with unlimited configuration. I have helped deploy this software at over a dozen biotechs and most are up and running in a week. Compare that with a an expensive slow deployment of most other drug discovery platforms. Loading data into the system is quite easy and reliable with "error" and "warning" messages which are descriptive. Searching for and viewing data also gets high marks. From an admin perspective I find the system to have very low overhead.

Cons

There is not a lot I dislike about CDD, most items are addressed by the development team via a request. If I had to pick something it would probably be updating DRC data (specifically DRC) which has already been processed by end users. Ultimately this can be a bit cumbersome as you can either update in the CDD interface which is not quite perfect for editing this data OR you can reload the data. Reloading the data is less than desirable so it would be great if the interface undergoes some renovations.

Nice to centralize data

The customer service is very good if you have an issue they will work on it and try to solve or imporve the software very quickly. Even though it can be difficult to use, being able to use it for a month before to buy it was very helpful.

Pros

The fact that it allows to centralize data and share them is good. You can easily find data for a given molecule

Cons

It takes a while to be able to use it correctly. Graph don't have the same quality and cannot be customized as what you can do using other software like Prism. This is not the kind of graph that you can publish.

Excellent software and even better customer service.

Pros

We use CDD to store, manage and analyze large amounts of drug discovery data generated from high-throughput screens and dose-response assays. To automate data analysis, we make extensive use of curve-fitting software (which works!). We've found numerous benefits of using the CDD software for drug discovery. For example, one can quickly find all data associated with a given compound ' and within...

Cons

As a bioinformatician scientist, I find this tool very useful.

Pros

As a bioinformatician scientist I find this tool very useful. It serves both our biologists and medicinal chemists scientists. The fact that it includes additional outsource valuable resource of information e.g. PDB, Chemogenomics databases assists sometimes in first-step hits characterization. Helps to organize the data coming from different sources e.g. Genedata Flexible tool; you can add your own features such as comments, supplier, synthesis notes etc The Support team should get 13 out of 10 STARS, one of the best support that I got.

Cons

The QC process currently only provide several reports, but I think that professional tools that enables to search the database directly could be better.

Using CDD Vault for Virtual Lab Meetings

Pros

We are running HTS and hit to lead using a semi-virtual model: all bicohemical and cellular testing is done in house; med chem, chemistry, ADME/PK and XTAL is external. The Vault is our primary communication tool. Our med chemists check daily for new biochemical and/or cellular dose response data to drive SAR and design of new analogs. When we hold virtual meetings, we use the Vault as our primary tool for sharing data. It is extrememely convenient to be able to pull up all of the data on a compound, along with physicochemical properties, and eastily search for data on related compounds, etc. The ability to eliminate outliers from dose response curves on the fly is also very handy, as it allows you to firm up SAR in real time.

Cons

Uploading new compunds can be tricky if different SMILES formats are used.

Archive, Analyze, and Annotate drug discovery.

Pros

I used CDD Vault as a biologist in a previous drug discovery group. When I was recruited to lead a new drug discovery and development program one of the first moves was to bring CDD Vault into the program. CDD Vault's technology enables easy data-sharing between chemistry and biology so cross-discipline discussions become clear and productive. Analysis of screening data from raw or normalized plate formats with linked compound structures and computed properties makes sorting and ranking for desired properties simple. Any hiccups in our experience was easily solved by support, or a quick search of the help section (very clear write-ups on how data are analyzed/computed can be found in the help section).

Cons

I haven't found an easy way to format data from our plate reader for upload to the vault, but I bet if I contacted support they would have a few recommendations. They really are quite helpful.

A No-Brainer for small drug discovery labs

CDD Vault provides a cost and time effective way for us to manage all of our compounds (internal synthesis, reagents and compound library) in one place. To date, we're starting to populate the database with our bio data and are just beginning to use the data mining tools.

Pros

We were able to get up and running fairly quickly, importing old data and adding new from a similar product. CDD Vault did a great job of reading in some pretty wonky SMILES structures. It's hard to imagine a more cost-efficient way to handle chemical inventory, in-house and store bought, and biological data. You don't need a full time data dude with CDD Vault.

Cons

I use the CDD Vault for our data management in our academic drug discovery lab.

Pros

the Vault is so easy, flexible, and intuitive to use, and requires nearly zero maintenance. It's a very cost effective way to recapitulate industrial-style databases in a smaller environment. In addition, it allows us to easily and smoothly share our data (structures, biology etc) with our many collaborators around the world. In addition, their customer/technical support is astonishingly fast and helpful.

Cons

I'd love for there to be a mobile app! Frequently I'm in a meeting or on the road, and want to quickly look something up.

Review of CDD Vault

CDD Vault allows me ready access to the latest data to keep me up to date with my clients' projects. The staff has been extremely helpful.

Pros

Easily store and retrieve data and use it within the app for modeling and visualization. CDD provides analytical tools such as calculated properties and some in silico calculations. Entering data is facilitated by flexibility in setting up data fields, and customer support is extremely helpful getting everything running smoothly.

Cons

Very little not to like, so there isn't much to say here.

Ideal solution for small companies

I wish this had been an option 25+ years ago when the only solutions were quite expensive, hard to maintain, and required specialized knowledge (IT, scripting, Unix/Linux). I was an early contributor to the CDD public databases and I'm delighted to see how CDD has progressed and become an invaluable part of my current company's work.

Pros

Ease of use: web-based so there are no programs to maintain, no backups to worry about Compound registration and biodata import: fast, checks for duplicates/batches, easy export to spreadsheets Data searching: can save routine queries; easy and fast to customize queries and data output datatypes Generality: Usable by both chemists and biologists on a daily basis. No need to get into the weeds of cheminformatics Integration with other software: not only is exporting to spreadsheets easy but the API interface with open source DataWarrior provides high-powered data and chemical structure analysis.

Cons

What's not to like? It could only be better if it were free.

I have been extremely pleased with CDD. Makes it easy to manage and analyze data on our compounds.

Pros

My company uses CDD for our chemical registration, as our database, for data analysis, and some data processing. CDD is extremely easy to use and has great functionality. Much easier to use than other comparable database programs I have used.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I have been very pleased with overall performance. One possible con - for some compounds in the database, I have attempted to alter the orientation the molecule is displayed in, but it hasn't worked. Not that big of an issue, and I could probably find a worked around if this was important enough.

We've used CDD for close to a decade, and plan to keep using it for at least the next decade!

We use CDD for most of our compound and data management.

Pros

- Very easy to use - Very reasonably priced - Continuously being improved, with new features regularly added - Phenomenal customer support, for both minor issues as well as more complicated custom requests

Cons

CDD does not have the flexibility and features of some other platforms that cost considerably more, but given the ease of use, the price, and the customer support, this is a fantastic tool. Also, as noted above, CDD continues to add new functions.

A small chemistry-based company working with biology-based collaborators on drug discovery programs

Excellent product for collecting, organizing and analyzing all program data - compound and related biological data . This results in better and faster decision making.

Pros

The software is very powerful, yet intuitive. It is an excellent product for collecting, organizing and analyzing all program data - compound and related biological data

Cons

The only significant deficiency of the software, relative to more expensive LIMS-based systems is the ability generate barcodes and link to barcode readers

Corporate database for biotech

We keep our corporate database of molecules and related data on CDD vault. We are a mostly virtual biotech company and have found CDD to be a good and economical solution to registering molecules, keeping track of batches, and tracking data. No need for a server and someone to manage it. Also, CDD has great training and support, often having solutions already figured out that can be used without much set-up.

Pros

Powerful and reliable way to register and track compounds for drug discovery.

Cons

As with any software, there is a learning curve.

Great highly cost effective tool for your chemical and biological data storage needs

I started using CDD around 2010. We wanted to move away from spreadsheet based software for organizing and storing our chemical and biological data. When I moved to a new start-up, we looked at several possible database solutions for managing chemistry and biological data and decided to return to CDD. CDD offers a very cost-effective, easily customizable and quick way to store, review and retrieve data. CDD is also very responsive to customer input on how to improve their product or create new tools. I have and will continue to recommend CDD to customers who are looking for database solutions from a highly responsive, customer driven business.

Pros

Quick way to store data, easy to use once you become familiar with it, highly response and effective support, 4-D visualization tools for your datasets

Cons

No big complaints - CDD is constantly improving and adding to their features

Excellent support team. Great product. Easy to use.

easy to give feedback and navigate through questionnaire.

Pros

It works! Simple interface for data analysis and data upload. Great data visualization software. Excellent team to deal with and very responsive.

Cons

US based support means that I can't always get immediate response to technical questions (I am in a different timezone).

CDD Vault Review

Overall, this software has proven to be a valuable tool for compiling compound rich data in a very accessible way.

Pros

CDD Vault is a powerful chemical database registry that is simple to use. They are constantly adding new features including a Bioassay database and Electronic Lab Notebook.

Cons

Like all chemical registries, data needs to be organized or formatted a certain way for optimal use.

Great data base but could be better

It's a great software for this price, compared to other software. But they need to improve some aspect of it.

Pros

I really like how we can customize everything according to our needs. I also really like the ELN (optional)

Cons

I do NOT like at all the graph given by CDD vault. It's not graphic, we can't change anything on it. We will still have to use graphpad prism for the paper/grants figure.

Convenient, intuitive chemoinformatic db/GUI for accessing and analyzing a broad range of data

Pros

CDD Vault allows users to search across multiple projects, and retrieve positive (biological) and negative (toxicity) data easily. The ability to plot results in CDD Vision, and to integrate results with Optibrium's StarDrop application greatly aids in SAR/SLR determinations.

Cons

Fonts used for column displays are somewhat small (for me, anyway). Several default settings could be modified to improve overall "look" of exported result tables.

Pros

Ease of use; flexibility of input; price is reasonable; customer service and responsiveness are excellent

Cons

The software is not entirely intuitive if you are not used to working with databases; however, the help features are extremely useful and the CDD staff are always willing to help!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.