CIMS Logo
CIMS

Cemetery management software for storing burial records

visit website

CIMS Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend9.02/10

See full reviews by rating

WD

William D.

It is a continued good experience. If I ever need help, they are there to assist, and there are periodic updates and training I can take advantage of.

BC

Becky C.

CIMS is a wonderful tool with great customer service. I have recommended it to other cemeteries that have made contact with us.

KC

Kenneth C.

I am very hard pressed to come up with something that has been an issue to date with the CIMS program.

CA

Carrie A.

That is not a CIMS problem, however, it is a staff "problem.

PH

Phyllis H.

At one time I added to the religion list the word "Other" to note that. This person's funeral service was done in a funeral home chapel or at.

JS

JEANETTE S.

How would you rate CIMS?

CIMS Online has improved our mobility and as before keeps us up to date!

If we have a problem, we give CIMS a call and it has never taken longer than 24 hours to fix or correct a problem. They are very professional and helpful.

Pros

We are a 2 person office and 2 person field worker operation, family owned since 1968. I love that we can have complete records at our fingertips including documents and photo's. I am so close to going paperless and it feels so good!

Cons

It does not have the ability to track leads and sales.

From Beta to Best

I am a volunteer and was not associated with the original purchase decision several years ago, so I don’t know what other Cemetery management systems were considered. In any case, it was a good decision to purchase something because everything was kept on ‘cards’. There was considerable work done to enter ownership of lots (recorded deeds are used to show ownership) of most of the lots or partial...

Pros

The cloud version has steadily evolved over the past few years and has become very functional and useful. It has many features that allows one to properly manage a cemetery as well a becoming a good research tool for families who are searching for relatives as additional information is added to the data base. Customer support has been outstanding and no matter who I talked to, they either helped me right away or found an answer for me and called me back.

Cons

The cloud version may be been relased too soon as I kept running across problem that were being worked on or were added to an update list to be included in a future release. Also, there was no instruction manual for the cloud version and it was basically self learn or call for help. I was on the phone A LOT. I understand there is a wikiCIMS guide available now, but since I am fairly familiar with the software now and am not a power user like I was I. The past, I have not referred to it yet.

Highly recommend!

I really enjoy working with the people at Ramaker. They are quick to respond to issues and questions as well as provide updates that make the system better. Since the beginning of using CIMS desktop and then transferring to Cloud CIMS I have no complaints about customer service.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of cataloguing the cemetery and the ability to add photos, documents and other notes in to CIMS. All the information that the cemetery needs to maintain files on customers is in one place and easy to access from any computer and/or smart device. I can answer questions while out and about for family members who are curious about information as to where their loved one is buried. This in invaluable to me. The customer service is amazing and I am never without an answer to a question for more than 24 hours.

Cons

I feel like the map printing features could be easier to navigate and print for help in locating a grave (such as having a list of the names of nearby graves to ease in the finding for families). I also wish there was a place for middle names and/or the ability to put a place for other items.

CIMS Review

My overall experience with CIMS has been great. The support team is a great group of people. They are very knowledgeable of their product. They are very determined to resolve any issues that may arise.

Pros

The first Pro would be Ease of use. Prior to using CIMS we had a card file system and an ancient data system. After getting CIMS, entering, storing, and researching data has become a breeze. The second Pro would be the color coded Layers. With this option, one can ascertain availability, purchases, standard burials, veteran burials, restrictions, reservations, and even cremations. CIMS also the option of how much data can be viewed on each individual grave space. The options of data input has been very well researched by the CIMS creative team.

Cons

I haven't really found any cons since using CIMS. This is not really a con, but, I have CIMS installed on my desktop and on 'the CLoud'. The formats are slightly different, but easily used.

EASY AND AFFORDABLE!

Pros

For one, the CIMS software is user-friendly! The software is easily accessible from anywhere, including your phone. It has many features that make storing and creating deeds, ownership information, and burial information simple - which reduces the time in searching through paper documents. Customer service is always readily available should there be an issue, which is very infrequent and usually caused by user error. I would recommend the CIMS software to all publicly and privately owned cemeteries. We currently have two cemeteries that are in the CIMS software and are gearing up to put a third cemetery on it.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is when I try logging into it from another staff members computer it will freeze up, but that issue is probably on our end.

PROGRAM PROS & CONS

Again I have always been happy with the different programs and the support team.

Pros

I really like the ease it takes to find burials and burial spaces. If I have a problem (which is very rare) and get immediate help and it is usually something I have done wrong. The support people are always very nice. If they do not know at the moment why I had a problem they are quick to find out and let me know. I also like that I don't have to remember to backup the data.

Cons

At one time I added to the religion list the word "Other" to note that this person's funeral service was done in a funeral home chapel or at the gravesite. I no longer can enter that and cannot find a way to add this to the religion list. It would be nice to be able to put this information in if service not done at a church.

CIMS Likes and Dislikes

We will soon have the CIMS on our website so that hopefully it will stop some of the calls about where and who is buried in our cemetery. We will have fewer ancestor calls.

Pros

The ease of learning the software and the fact that when I have an issue and call they either answer my question right away or get back to me in the same day.

Cons

Right now I do not like the fact that when you go into a block you see the owner and every time you want to go to the next lot in that Block you have to click on the burial to see it. Before you could just go to a Block click on the burial and go from lot to lot without it going back to the owner. I would also like to see it have the ability to publish the obit on the site without going thru all of the steps that you have to go thru to make that work.

CIMS softeware

I like the overall look of the cemetery thru the software. It's easier to find graves available, who the veterans are, type of burial etc. I'm still a customer in progress in that I don't dig into what I could do if I took the time to check the software out completely.

Pros

I like the arial view of the cemetery, showing the location and the surrounding graves, it makes finding a grave much less difficult for me, family members, and our grave opening contractor.

Cons

Sometimes I get locked up. I'm not sure if it's me or the software, but I usually have to go out or do an F5 to refresh the page.

Stay Current

Great design willing to listen to suggestions for improvements.

Pros

Ease of use, in this day of technology an old industry of cemeteries needs to be current and provide accurate timely information to customers

Cons

Need to work on Columbarium layouts Currently the location is not clear on the maps

CIMS Review

We used to have all records on paper and looking up burials and knowing what graves we could sell took soooo much time, mow with CIMS we can do it in minutes.

Pros

User friendly, great help when you do have a problem, the maping is so good.

Cons

What I like least about this is that we did not get this software years ago.

Best software

We are upgrading to the mapping portion of this program. It is a long process but the final program will even make our system better and better for the customer to understand. Again this is the best software that is out there!

Pros

Mostly because of the ease an use of this software. I am not good with technology but this is so easy that anyone can do it. I really really like this software. When I have an issue or problem, I just call and they walk me through it in a way that I can easily understand. The CIMS team don’t treat you like an idiot they understand and are very professional about it.

Cons

Currently I can’t think of anything that I don’t like about this software. I guess maybe the price, but when you look at it, by the time you look everything up by paper you have it done with this program.

CIMS Software

We have been very pleased with the ease of use and functionality. We no longer keep paper records. The days of keeping track of burial plots on file cards are gone. We share our data upon request with persons doing genealogy research. Having pictures of the grave stones to include with the data is greatly appreciated.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. We use the Mapping version. It reduces our search time and the ability to print maps is very helpful to the employees. We have been with the CIMS software from it's early development. The company has continued to update and improve it's user ability. We have now transitioned to their cloud version and that allows me to access our data as I travel on my smartphone or tablet. We have taken pictures of the headstones and save them with the burial information. The customer support is outstanding. When I have had an issue, it has been resolved with one phone call.

Cons

We have experienced no issues with the software. It meets our every need.

CIMS Online easiest means to access your cemetery

Pros

CIMS is both detailed and responsive. The detail allows me to research and easily find a number of burial attributes ranging from actual burials and ownership to family details, markers, and customer details. It also allows me to sort historic burials to supplement our guided tours of the cemetery.

Cons

The biggest improvement CIMS needs is an easy access public portal that can be linked to a website so the public can easily search the burials at the cemetery.

CIMS review

Good. I would tighten up the customer service aspect of the service. Understand your clients and while we know a ton about the cemetery business not so much about software and it's capabilities.

Pros

It looks great and give people sitting with you a great view of the mapping. Love the document field for uploading images, that is very valuable.

Cons

Like have approximation of the name field, if I type in "Smith" when it is Smyth I am looking for it may give a listing somewhere of those with names that are "Sm". This alpha browse option was valuable on our Access data base.

Cims is total cemetery management software

Pros

The software is a great addition for our cemetery. With capabilities to attach multiple documents and ease of editing. This software allows me to speed up the daily record keeping and produce work orders to staff. Navigation from sales to burials or the input of new customer is very quick and easy to accomplish using CIMS.

Cons

I have nothing at this time that I don't like about CIMS.

CIMS

Pros

I like the Ramaker team and the support they give you and the continual updates to improve the software. The software is easy to maintain and use and it has made our cemetery much more efficient.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. It is exceptional.

I love this software

I would recommend this software to anyone. Even though it has it's issues at times the tech supports is very helpful and gets you back and running in no time.

Pros

I like that the software is very user friendly.

Cons

Since we use the Cloud version, at times it can be slow at times.

Hillside Cemetery

This program has saved time when selling a lot that I can look at it on my laptop instead of running to the Cemetery every time as our Public Works Department maintains the Cemetery. Also aids in when people are looking for a person who was buried I can just print out the map and send it to them

Pros

I like that I can put multiple scans on a plot, info for a grave. It has also made selling lots extremely easy.

Cons

When setting our program up some mistakes were made and the changes that we need to make cost quite a bit to make, which I understand so we are saving those changes for a once a year thing, which can be frustrating.

Small Organization | Large Scale Solution

Overall, the experience with CIMS has been very positive. We were able to achieve our number one objective, which was to transfer our paper records that were over 100 years old to a digital cloud based solution

Pros

The number one reason for choosing CIMS was that the application met all of our business requirements. In addition, the pricing was fair, the people were great to work with, and the cloud based solution allowed for collaboration among team members during implementation.

Cons

Several of the features that have been ported to the cloud based solution seemed outdated, but CIMS is constantly working to update its code and add features based on user feedback.

Cemetery Manager

Helped to keep our records organized, by using CIMS the information that you need to enter is consistent so if you have more than one person working on CIMS the person enters the same information. You can perform several reports.And it nice to have the ability to load documents and pictures.

Pros

Easy to use, can just CIMS on your phone while your in a cemetery. To be able to upload documents and pictures.

Cons

I don't have anything to say that I don't like about CIMS

CIMS Improved Our Records

CIMS has helped in keeping more accurate and reliable records. It also is useful in showing clients the exact, realistic view of the open plots.

Pros

The CIMS software is very user friendly, it walks you through each step. If I ran across something that I did not understand (which only happened once) I called support and was helped professionally and efficiently. Being able to use on my mobile device has been useful in helping to locate a grave while at the cemetery. I just used the report section and found information on there that our cemetery committee will be able to use to determine future use of the cemetery.

Extremely Helpful

Pros

Ease of use and clarity of maps and diagrams associated with the program.

Cons

I have not discovered any cons yet. Every time I wrote the technicians with questions, they responded in a timely fashion.

CMIMS overall Review

Senior staff is very proficient at completing requested changes. Pricing is a little spendy - but im use to smaller town costing

Pros

Search engine is very helpful Mine is the web base option so i never worry about loosing data Very inter active, shows changes immediately,, at least shortly after made

Cons

maybe would like to see the search have some additional features

CIMS Review

CIMS is a very nice way to keep track of your burials and information that goes with them. I don't need Customer Service very often, but they are always quick to return my call and emails and help out with whatever I need.

Pros

It is easy to understand and use. Very good way to keep information at hand for a small cemetery like ours.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at this time.

CIMS Cloud Review

Pros

Fairly user friendly, much better than the non-cloud based version!

Cons

Can occasionally be difficult to navigate.