SkyCiv Structural 3D Reviews

Pros

It was useful for analyzing a built-up steel section and had good visualization capabilities. Everything is saved in their cloud, which is a nice feature to have.

The ease of use and the presentation of the results are both awesome. I have had ongoing interaction with the support team and everyone is excellent.

Mitch F.

Adrian W.

Bruce A.

I accidentally purchased the most expensive plan (my mistake, I’m pretty sure) so I emailed in a panic, and they responded within a few hours.

The types of structural analysis that are offered are limited.

4.5

Excellent software for innovation

Our business is on special designs for innovated processes that involved equipments and systems with structures that works in specific environments, so SkyCiv Structural 3D help us on the design with iteration process. We started of using SkyCiv Structural 3D when we developed a 6 m of diameter door for vacuum application with a huge hinge using just SkyCiv Structural 3D, it was the only option for designing on real time when we are welding and fabricating on shop, supporting the improvement process that changes the design every day.

Pros

The easy way of modelling, ideal for experienced and non experienced designers.

Cons

The mesh size when uses plates, I mean the most of the cases is just fine, but sometimes we design with our own plate design, so mesh and number of nodes are critical.

Long time user loves the new features

SkyCiv was there when I needed them a few years ago and getting this business going. They are there every time I need help. Very nice to have this software for our business.

Pros

I like that you are continually improving and upgrading the software and developing new features all the time. I am an old school engineer doing a lot of analysis via spreadsheets and long hand formulas. When we started designing various solar carports and other structures I needed to quickly evaluate spans, member sizes etc and this program really helped a lot! The cost is also very reasonable while about every other engineering product is expensive and some very complicated.

Cons

I am probably ignorant but I would love to easily change the display fonts for the output and be able to shift the info to eliminate blank page spaces. Analysis output typically takes a lot of pages and I hate having too many with info most will never use.

An excellent full-featured, easy to learn tool

It took about 15 minutes to get the hang of it, and only a little longer to feel like I had mastered the functionality I needed. Even though I was only on a trial plan and made it clear that this was a one-off project, and I was not likely to buy a subscription the support was still attentive to my early-user needs.

Pros

It seems to cover almost any design challenge you may need to deal with.

Cons

As a casual user, the monthly price is a bit steep. However, if I had any regular recurring need for this kind of software in a business environment the price would be reasonable. For any non-business / home-owner or occasional user, the price can be daunting.

It's nothing special

I have used both enercalcs and SkyCiv, which have similar capabilities. I prefer Enercalc because it is much more intuitive and easier to set up the simple calcs you want to do.

Pros

Cons

The types of structural analysis that are offered are limited. There may be more functions in the future, but for now it is useful only for a small number of projects.

Use in Ecuador South American

The platform is very agile, even though it is in the cloud. As a senior engineer I really like all the applications to the point that I am thinking of not using Etabs.

Pros

Quick subscription, agile environment, access from anywhere.

Cons

Tutorials in Spanish, I use it in Ecuador. Codes of other regions, in this case Ecuador.

skyCiv Structural 3D

Linear and Non linear analysis easily carried out through this software. it gives speed result of them and easily access their files and program from web browser anytime.

Pros

Structural analysis software on the cloud. yes, easy to use . it is considering the less time for Structure analysis.

Cons

No, powerful analysis and design the structure through this software. It subjected to easily modelling functionality. it provides good and easy process for understanding and then analyzing.

Great software for solving structural problems

I am using the software to investigate the behavior of a construction given various elements to build it with. It is really easy to learn and you can use the built-in templates or make your own. It also allows the use of plates that can be meshed giving you a glimpse of FEA. The one thing that is outstanding is their service. Extremely helpful and going far beyond what you would expect in this day and age. I actually had one of the developers assist me, even making some drawings for me. I never had that happen with any software support and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

Pros

Easy to learn, very flexible, great customer service, ability to specify custom materials

Cons

While I have not explored it in detail it seems the DXF import feature needs some work

Easy to learn

I have designed catwalks, stairways, platforms, and large (100 ft diameter) helipad roof. Their recent design optimizer for section selection is also a great plus!

Pros

Easy to learn. I didn't dig too much into user manuals. Lots of help from skyciv support team.

Cons

SkyCiv team is continually improving the software. Currently, it is well suited to my needs.

Great customer service!!

Great! I accidentally purchased the most expensive plan (my mistake, I’m pretty sure) so I emailed in a panic, and they responded within a few hours!! Immediately [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from SkyCiv refunded me the money and gave me the plan that I actually wanted. Best customer service ever:)

Pros

It’s very user-friendly and helpful for classes.

Cons

I don’t really like that some of the features, like the beam diagram with more than two point loads, are not free.

Have to be experienced in engineering

Pros

Program is for users who are very much knowledge about engineering. For them it is very easy to make structural frames etc.

Cons

Like any other program, it has its own difficulties like getting the structure in the 3d model.

Hi Simo, Sorry to hear your experience was less than positive with only 3 stars. We pride ourselves on our customer service, so would like to see if there is anything we can do to turn this experience around for you. We work really hard at creating an intuitive and easy user experience, but do understand that there may be limitations if the user isn't as knowledgable in structural engineering. The software is built for structural engineers, as the type of work the program does is very technical by nature. So could I ask what the main challenges were? Is there anything we can do to improve in this area for engineers with less technical background? Look forward to hearing your response.

The program as well as the customer service is excellent !!

Ease of use and excellent results

Pros

The ease of use and the presentation of the results are both awesome. I have had ongoing interaction with the support team and everyone is excellent !

Cons

As with any program of this type it takes some time to really learn the functionality and become aware of everything it does, but, once you get there it is awesome.

This Software makes Structural Engineering easy

We supply construction material in all the world, with the software we can design different systems since the interface is very versatile, quality of the presentation on reports is great giving us all the tools we need to get projects approved faster and at fair cost.

Pros

This is the most friendly engineering software I ever use, great reports and very intuitive interface, I travel to the world due to my job and I feel proud to present our reports and designs using this software to my peers and clients. I have just had one reason to contact the technical support and my problem was resolved on minutes.

Cons

The interface for mobile devices (Iphone) has to improve, not a handicap in overall since you will normally be designing in a laptop or desktop but I will like this to improve.

Awesome!

Had a really good experience with SkyCiv. I use the software for simple analysis and did not want to pay thousands of dollars. It helped me make simple checks (mainly deflections and bending stress) without having to hand calculate them. Highly recommend them, they were also very quick to reply to issues/questions as well.

Cons

This review concerns only the BEAM module.

I used the Beam Module on a special project and it served my needs quite well. I like the way beam and loading information are entered into the program. Solving is pretty quick and the results look quite good. I will be using the software only occasionally because of the nature of my work.

Very Helpful and Useful Engineering Software

I found SkyCiv very useful for some of the work I have been undertaking over the last few months. Big advantage was that I didn't have to commit to an expensive licence. Very easy to use and thorough results. Would highly recommend and will continue to use the software in the future.

Cons

Great software for analyzing forces in complex linkages

The software is really great. It has saved a lot of time that I might have otherwise spent doing hand calculations. The GUI is very user friendly and computation is also pretty fast. It's really a must have software if you are designing complex linkages.

User friendly and Accessible

We invested in this software because it looked like an easy way to generate beam calculations efficiently. We really like that the interface is user-friendly and intuitive. In addition, it's easily accessible due to it being web-based.

Marvelous!

The software is very useful and its very very very easy to use even if im not so good at the other software, but i think if this software is cheaper enough i would like to buy it. thats all.

intermediate stage - user review

Great - reponsive service and inherent willingess to improve platform and modules based on customer feedback

Pros

Automation and cross module interface

Cons

hand calculation sheet for windloads missing

Just what you need

It works wonders for civil and structural engineers who need someway to cross check their answers after finishing problems

Good software for modeling

Pros

This tool is useful for modeling of structures and others. You cand do it quickly without many problems.

Cons

Actually, I have not experienced any problem, but the interface can be more easy to use.

Very useful.

Have only used it a few times but I find it very satisfying. It does everything I need.

Very Good

I'm enjoying using the free version. I will soon upgrade. Thank you .

Cons

This website really make me happy because my works became easier

i like this website. my works became easier my boss very happy

Perfect, and easy

Perfect and easy to deal with