SkyCiv Structural 3D Reviews

4.56/5 (18 reviews)

Juan Alejandro Colegio Medina

Excellent software for innovation

Reviewed 2019-05-15

Our business is on special designs for innovated processes that involved equipments and systems with structures that works in specific environments, so SkyCiv Structural 3D help us on the design with iteration process. We started of using SkyCiv Structural 3D when we developed a 6 m of diameter door for vacuum application with a huge hinge using just SkyCiv Structural 3D, it was the only option for designing on real time when we are welding and fabricating on shop, supporting the improvement process that changes the design every day.

Pros
The easy way of modelling, ideal for experienced and non experienced designers.

Cons
The mesh size when uses plates, I mean the most of the cases is just fine, but sometimes we design with our own plate design, so mesh and number of nodes are critical.

Ottmar Brandau

Great software for solving structural problems

Reviewed 2016-11-30

I am using the software to investigate the behavior of a construction given various elements to build it with. It is really easy to learn and you can use the built-in templates or make your own. It also allows the use of plates that can be meshed giving you a glimpse of FEA. The one thing that is outstanding is their service. Extremely helpful and going far beyond what you would expect in this day and age. I actually had one of the developers assist me, even making some drawings for me. I never had that happen with any software support and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

Pros
Easy to learn, very flexible, great customer service, ability to specify custom materials

Cons
While I have not explored it in detail it seems the DXF import feature needs some work

Mitch Frumkin

The program as well as the customer service is excellent !!

Reviewed 2018-04-13

Ease of use and excellent results

Pros
The ease of use and the presentation of the results are both awesome. I have had ongoing interaction with the support team and everyone is excellent !

Cons
As with any program of this type it takes some time to really learn the functionality and become aware of everything it does, but, once you get there it is awesome.

Matthew Vill

Awesome!

Reviewed 2016-01-18

Had a really good experience with SkyCiv. I use the software for simple analysis and did not want to pay thousands of dollars. It helped me make simple checks (mainly deflections and bending stress) without having to hand calculate them. Highly recommend them, they were also very quick to reply to issues/questions as well.

Robert Mott

This review concerns only the BEAM module.

Reviewed 2016-02-15

I used the Beam Module on a special project and it served my needs quite well. I like the way beam and loading information are entered into the program. Solving is pretty quick and the results look quite good. I will be using the software only occasionally because of the nature of my work.

Christopher Macdonald-D'Silva

Very Helpful and Useful Engineering Software

Reviewed 2016-02-18

I found SkyCiv very useful for some of the work I have been undertaking over the last few months. Big advantage was that I didn't have to commit to an expensive licence. Very easy to use and thorough results. Would highly recommend and will continue to use the software in the future.

Vinay Jadhav

Great software for analyzing forces in complex linkages

Reviewed 2016-02-18

The software is really great. It has saved a lot of time that I might have otherwise spent doing hand calculations. The GUI is very user friendly and computation is also pretty fast. It's really a must have software if you are designing complex linkages.

Simo Olesk

Have to be experienced in engineering

Used monthly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-07-17

Pros
Program is for users who are very much knowledge about engineering. For them it is very easy to make structural frames etc.

Cons
Like any other program, it has its own difficulties like getting the structure in the 3d model.

Response from SkyCiv Engineering

Hi Simo,

Sorry to hear your experience was less than positive with only 3 stars. We pride ourselves on our customer service, so would like to see if there is anything we can do to turn this experience around for you.

We work really hard at creating an intuitive and easy user experience, but do understand that there may be limitations if the user isn't as knowledgable in structural engineering. The software is built for structural engineers, as the type of work the program does is very technical by nature.

So could I ask what the main challenges were? Is there anything we can do to improve in this area for engineers with less technical background?

Look forward to hearing your response.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Adrian Willoughby

User friendly and Accessible

Reviewed 2016-01-13

We invested in this software because it looked like an easy way to generate beam calculations efficiently. We really like that the interface is user-friendly and intuitive. In addition, it's easily accessible due to it being web-based.

Prabowo Budi Setyawan

Marvelous!

Reviewed 2016-03-28

The software is very useful and its very very very easy to use even if im not so good at the other software, but i think if this software is cheaper enough i would like to buy it. thats all.

Nitin Agrawal

Just what you need

Reviewed 2016-03-09

It works wonders for civil and structural engineers who need someway to cross check their answers after finishing problems

Anonymous

Good software for modeling

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-01-10

Pros
This tool is useful for modeling of structures and others. You cand do it quickly without many problems.

Cons
Actually, I have not experienced any problem, but the interface can be more easy to use.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Thomas Davis

Very useful.

Reviewed 2016-03-15

Have only used it a few times but I find it very satisfying. It does everything I need.

Edo Oli

Very Good

Reviewed 2016-03-05

I'm enjoying using the free version. I will soon upgrade. Thank you .

Budiman Putra

This website really make me happy because my works became easier

Reviewed 2016-03-24

i like this website. my works became easier my boss very happy

Ali Benyovka

Perfect, and easy

Reviewed 2016-03-14

Perfect and easy to deal with

Jose Jaramillo

full

Reviewed 2016-02-02

The program is very good

Godfrey Raphahlelo