WebSelfStorage

Web-based, fully integrated management software

WebSelfStorage Reviews

Pros

I walked into my job on the first day not knowing what to expect and was so thankful the software was so user friendly. Their webinars are fabulous too and I learn something new every time.

Michelle O.

Webself storage is a great site for self storage facilities. I have the pleasure of working with my rep she has been so much help.

Tori C.

Daniel W.

Beverly L.

From the time this software upgrade was implemented, it has been a disaster. No words can express my disappointment, frustration and anger with this upgrade with no option to decline.

Monique R.

Same as the Web-Best fiasco a few years back). The functionality and and user friendliness of the software is terrible and there is nothing intuitive about it anymore.

Thomas H.

3.1

User friendly.

Pros

I loved the convenience of learning the product, and also being able to give feedback on ways to change/update the software.

Cons

Some of the features only worked on some of the Windows versions, therefore compatibility was an issue for some of our users.

Great Improvement from Old Version

Excellent, simple and easy. Great support staff, well trained and well lead.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. Easy to Train new users. Very mobile functional even for Admin functions. Very cost-effective payment merchant options. Lots of automated functions. New [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has totally turned it around and now improvements are getting made very quickly. Software is easily one of best out there! VERY cost effective and simple to use with one or multiple stores. New customers can be looked in the uhaul db on a national basis for contact information that automatically comes in.

Cons

Needs the revenue management brought into the new version. More reliable centralized mailing reporting. Better reporting for Mobile Digital Walk Around (inventory). API is nearly worthless at this point. Digital signatures on contracts is still pretty basic. Needs an API link with a full function eSign software or integrated eSign functions that are connected to a kiosk app or a website link. Customer portal is still branded like Uhaul and can't be modified for company designs or just trimmed down to be unbranded.

Top Notch Technical support.

We have already had several customer move in because of Web Self Storage. We are not paying 1 1/2 the first months rent to a foreign company to rent our units. Finally we can answer our own phone calls without going through a third party. It is more economical and are dealing with friendly people.

Pros

I was intimidated by the program at first : however, with the help of rep they have made it seem easy. I am 73 years old and learn easier by hands on. The guidance that me and my team has received has helped immensely. Of course with any new program it is going to be a learning curve, I am thankful to have caring help on the other end..

Cons

It takes longer to take an application. I am sure with time, it will go faster. This is only our first week to be dealing with a new program. If you are moving over to WebSelfStorage do so after the 10th of the month it makes it much easier.

It is so nice to hear your feedback Margaret! Thank you for being a part of the U-Haul Self-Storage Affiliate Network. If you or anyone on your team ever needs assistance specific to your facility, please utilize our WebSelfStorage Admin team at 866-693-6683 option 1. We are happy to help!

Support is always there

Our overall experience with WebSelfStorage is a positive. It's a detailed, well thought out program. The format is organized, user friendly, capable for many users with secure, individual passcode protections. It is a multi-facility friendly system, with all the bells and whistles. No daily back-up to worry about. Good quality security features, and can be used from anywhere. We have no problem having up to the minute information and access, at will. Best part, this system has allowed us to manage, and conduct business, from our phone, while on vacation. You are not stuck to one single computer, or flash drive, to access your up-to-the-moment facility activity.

Pros

This software has enormous content and it's ease of use is refreshing. Their technical and administrative support is leaps and bounds above any other I have experienced. Support is available through live chat, phone support, or email support. I just needed assistance, and worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He, and all their support staff, make sure all you questions are answered, with no...

Cons

There aren't many Cons. One item I would like to see changed is related to payment posting. First, you must know, the program is developed in a way for constant accountability. It also makes it difficult for a rouge employee to perform a task which could be seen as dishonest or fraudulent. You do not have the ability to pre-date a payment. All payments reflect the actual date it is entered. If...

Hi Beverly, Thank you for the feedback on posting payments. We appreciate hearing from you and are glad we were able to help.

Solid. Setbacks and mistakes happen but their customer support really is second to none.

Ups and downs but they have always been the most affordable software.

Pros

The customer support. Their team is really trying to create better software for us and it shows.

Cons

It used to be their lack of access to real support but this last year has seen a solid 180.

Do NOT purchase into WSS at least for the remainder of 2018

WSS 2.7 is only serving to hinder our business and lose us money.

Pros

It looks cleaner than the original WSS, and it automatically saves now. That's about it. I don't know what else to say.

Cons

I've been using WSS for about 5 years. I'm an Admin, I'm our trainer, I'm our new facility integrator; The original WSS was very rough around the edges. It looked like it was originally programmed and the UI sculpted the day the internet came out, BUT it worked and had a ton of functionality. When they "updated" they removed a lot of key features. I'm talking KEY features, like managing your rent...

Horrible. This whole upgrade" from the old version has been an absolute nightmare.

Clients can autopay or pay online

Pros

The old software was great. We have been happy with it and have been using it for years. Wish we had the option to not "upgrade" to the new version, or at the very least go back to the old version. We were not offered an option. We are now stuck with this nightmare of a product until we have enough time to research and find a different product to switch to. Not enough time for researching other...

Cons

There are security issues that cannot be mentioned here, for fear of them being exploited by not-so-ethical entities. We are currently working on a "fix" or "work-around" at this point for those other security issues. However, there is one security issue that should be noted before ever allowing WSS/UHAUL access to a client list and gate codes. This issue has been fixed on our end and in our situation...

Do Not Use WebSelfStorage

Frustrating. The bugs, and lack of contact/support during crucial business times is not acceptable. We inherited this system when we purchased our self storage properties, and haven't switched because we have so many customers on auto pay that we do not have their credit card info so that we can easily switch them over without making hundreds of phone calls. At this point though, getting away from WebSelfStorage is our primary goal.

Pros

Autopay, prefilled forms (when they're actually working), and email reminders (again, when they're working).

Cons

They go down without reason, contact, or response. They're unreachable for support. Most the time you ignore it, and wait a little bit; today is the 1st of the month, and they've been down (unavailable!) all day. This is the time in self storage management when you use this software the the most, and they're not available. No answer to phone calls, their web contact form is broken and errors out, so you're just out of luck. DO NOT RELY ON THIS SOFTWARE FOR YOUR BUSINESS! Do yourself a favor, and avoid my frustration with them. Outside of the down times, there's bugs and issues with the system. You report them to their support team, and are told that they are working on that issue. Six to 12 months later, you get a fix. That's not an acceptable turn around time.

Hi John, I understand your frustrations. Our technical support team is available 7 days a week via phone and Live Chat. An Operations Coordinator will be reaching out by phone to understand what issues you are experiencing so they can be addressed properly.

Web Self Storage we no longer use.

At this time there are no benefits as we no longer use this software/product.

Pros

In the beginning WSS was a breeze to use. entering tenants names, addresses and phone numbers. That is not hard at all. The ease of renting a unit and being able to vacate them was easy enough. The reports were understandable to interpret. The daily open/close procedure was easy too.

Cons

The few things that I did not care about were the customer support when there woul dbe issues and there were plenty of days that issues came up. Not being able to log in, at times was a daily occurrence. The system itself would double and sometimes triple charge a tenants credit card after the payment had already been processed for auto pay!That was an accountant's nightmare. After finally speaking to someone in support, they were not very helpful at all.

Hate This Software

I hate webselfstorage. I would never recommend it to anyone.

Pros

I hate this software. There is literally nothing I like about it. It is not easy to use. It never works well. IT is never helpful and seldom seems to know what's going on. I've had issues that they've been working on fixing for over a year now.

Cons

Does not send reminders and IT has been "working on it" for over a year now. Unable to log into the system for an entire day on the 1st of the month with no email explanation, sat on hold with customer service for 30 minutes before giving up. IT is unable to help figure out why a new lease is generated every single time I take payment on a unit at one location but not the second. Among many other issues.

Hi Bret, I apologize for the error that occurred over the weekend and I understand your concerns. An Operations Coordinator will be reaching out to John and you today to check in on issues that you are experiencing with the lease agreement and payments.

Web Self Storage success

Very happy we use Web Self Storage

Pros

We have used the program for 3 years. At first there were a few bugs they were working out. Now it seems most of the bugs have been solved. We have very good support from Web Self Storage. They are very pleasant to work with and are always ready to assist us in any way possible. Posting a move-in of a customer is fantastic, the forms are printed at the end of the completion of the entry. The...

Cons

It takes a little time to change the letters templates in getting the spacing right.

Product Is Great!!

Overall it is user friendly. Payments are easy. We have a call center service that we pay $215.00 a month for. This allows me to be on the property helping my customer, while someone else helps another customer over the phone! I would say consider this product, It is cost effective, and I personally LOVE the support I get from Uhaul Affiliate support network when it comes to any and all issues.

Pros

1) What I love the most about Web Self Storage is the mobile walk around feature. I walk my property every day when performing a lock action report, and if i find a unit that needs cleaning from a over night move out, or a unit that has a rusted door handle, broken latch you name it, I CAN TAKE A PHOTO AND ATTACH IT to the customers Storage unit Digitally :). When I am done with the walk around and...

Cons

1) Currently, I am frustrated with how quickly the ledger updates with reversals, and how it reports/ Displays itself. For the most part, 20 minutes of staring at the screen will help you learn it, like any program you are not familiar with. 2) The walk around list display. It does not have a option that will allow you to display your room numbers from numerical order. I spent 5 hours editing 436 rooms individually to create a walk around report that would make my property walk around easier.

Shalimar Self Storage Converts to WSS from Sitelink

I've had a great experience with WebSelfStorage. While some competitors may have similar features, I found the functionality and cost of WSS to be unmatchable.

Pros

“I had worked for U-Haul Moving and Storage as a Customer Service Rep, Assistant Manager, General Manager, and Area Field Manager for several years, so I knew the value of the program and was much more familiar with that operating system. Not to mention, our location was already a U-Haul Dealer, so the change to become a self-storage affiliate as well was a no brainer.” “This platform is far cheaper...

Cons

Over the phone customer support was once charged to the customer, now with the new version of WSS, it is much easier to get any questions you have answered. Sometimes you will have to wait if they are busy, but once you speak to a representative, they make it very easy for you to access them when needed.

Thanks for your feedback Colin! We always look forward to hearing from our Affiliates!

Best self storage managemetn software for the money!

Pros

we have used web self storage at multiple facilities over the years and have always found it to be easy to use, manager and customer friendly and easy for our accounting folks to use. For the price, we have an easy to use management software, very low credit card processing fees, a built in tenant insurance program and a listing on Uhaul.com. we cannot get all of those benefits in one place and especially for the price. while setting up our most recent self storage facility acquisition on webs self storage, the tech staff could not have been more helpful, our other vendors such as our call center agents have complimented web self storage's staff on how easy they have been to work with. we highly recommend this software for the independent self storage owner and operator.

Cons

still need to work out bugs for fully functioning online rentals

Thanks for your feedback Bob! We are always happy to hear from our Affiliates! If you need anything, don't hesitate to reach out! Toni Colasso U-Haul Self-Storage Affiliate Network 866-693-6683

WebSelfStorage

We have used WebSelfStorage for the past 5 - 6 years and have grown with the product including several iterations of the software and several minor (and one major) upgrade. We have found that the support to be great and very helpful. Overall our experience has been a good one.

Pros

The software is the backbone of how we run our storage & retail point of sale operation. It is intuitive and helps us operate our entire operation. I like the ease of use, the reporting for storage and the mapping features.

Cons

At times it does go down. The retail functionality could be more intuitive regarding the sale of retail merchandise. I feel the retail point of sale functionality and reports tools are very limiting.

Thank you David! We always appreciate hearing from our Affiliates. Please feel free to contact us directly with any feedback, we are happy to hear from you. Out toll free # is 1-866-693-6683 option 1.

Great option for Self-Storage Software

Pros

As someone who likes to stay ahead of the curve, I was very interested in managing a location remotely. Once I found out that WSS offered this solution I jumped at the opportunity. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at the contact center has been incredibly helpful in setting up the Remote Move In process and I do believe this is the way the Self-Storage industry is heading. I really appreciate the quality of the reports associated with WSS; the reports are easy to read and full of useful information. The software has a nice, modern look to it that is very user-friendly. Customer service is typically very responsive and able to assist with any issues we are having.

Cons

The remote move in process is still very new so there are obviously issues we run into along the way. Mainly being that the staff at the contact center is new as well and are not fully familiar with the remote move in process. This has lost us sales in the past from customers who were ready to move in, but the contact center was unable to complete the task. Thus, bringing more customers to our competition in the surrounding area. I understand this is a relatively new process so I am understanding of the transition, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been very helpful in communicating with me and helping smooth out the process.

Webstorage review

Pros

Site map, customers access to U-Haul storage payment and call center options

Cons

Charges for reservations and computer not opening when website is having problems.

It is so nice to hear your feedback Danny! Thank you for being a part of the U-Haul Self-Storage Affiliate Network. If you or anyone on your team ever needs assistance specific to your facility, please utilize our WebSelfStorage Admin team at 866-693-6683 option 1. We are happy to help!

Great software at an excellent value.

With the new design and update, all processes are clearer and easier to handle.

Pros

Since the recent major update, the software is easier to use, integrated with security gate, communicates with customers either automatically or individualized. The help chat staff is knowledgeable and efficient, and the wait is usually only a few minutes. Easy to print leases from tenant information. For the price it can’t be beat!

Cons

Photo id’s are not integrated on the lease, although there are prompts to make copies.

Kudos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

I needed some extensive history files on a client, as she was taking us to small claims court and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went above and beyond in digging up the old file and sending me all that I requested. Kudos to her as it was very much appreciated!!!! Karen Apple

Pros

Some areas of the new WSS software is better. Like the fact that you have the option to delete a credit card charge, before saving, if say you accidentally did not put in the correct amount to charge.

Cons

Tech support took away the message box on the "letters" feature. This leaves me no way to correspond with client concerning a letter unless I generate ANOTHER email to client which has been reported " this is very annoying to receive 2 emails." Tech support gave me a reason (afraid clients would think it was spam mail & not open) but that doesn't seem like a valid reason. I would really like to see...

Transcending Management Software

I have used many Software Programs over the past 30+ years in the storage industry. My first software experience was with DOS based systems. I have used other Web based programs and have felt the pain of there costs and desired a more cost effective management software. I don't require a great deal of interaction between the provider but occasionally need some help. WebSelfStorage, is always been there when we needed help.

Pros

Cost, Functionality, and ease of use! aa

Cons

I not being paid to use it. aaaaaaaaaaaa

It is so nice to hear your feedback Curtis! Thank you for being a part of the U-Haul Self-Storage Affiliate Network. If you or anyone on your team ever needs assistance specific to your facility, please utilize our WebSelfStorage Admin team at 866-693-6683 option 1. We are happy to help!

5 star customer service

Five stars to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for her in-depth knowledge and patience with a 1 hour and 11 minute Q&A review of system features. She had the answer to every question, which was pretty amazing. Thanks to her excellent service we are able to better serve our customers! Kudos to the WebSelfStorage team as well for constantly excellent service!

Pros

Customer service; technical and administrative support.

Cons

We are still learning the new walk around report.

If you need help be prepared to wait a looooooong time

We have been using Web Self Storage for the better part of 7 years. The program has remained the same. What has changed is the service. You can call and ask for help and sit on hold for an hour or more and be charged a dollar a minute, or you can use the on line chat and start out with 20 people in front of you and an hour later be 12th in line. They have outgrown themselves. Until they put on more people that can answer questions, I would not suggest that new users buy into it. It was not like this in years past. If you want to grow a business you must also grow your support staff and Emove missed that memo.

Pros

most reports

Cons

Support staff is grossly under staffed. 1+ hours to have an online chat answered is ridiculous!Staff for the business that you have not what you had.

My WebSelfStorage Experience

I highly recommend the WebSelfStorage software and the support personnel to help your facility run very efficiently

Pros

Being new to the self-storage industry, we have achieved a relative amount of success from the support we get from the WebSelfStoragestaff and the software system that helps our facilities run very smoothly. Every time I call and have an issue, it is literally resolved in a matter of minutes. Everyone is professional courteous and so nice to work with.

Cons

I don't have any cons regarding the program at this time.

Thank you Sue for your feedback! We always appreciate hearing from our Affiliates. Thank you for being a part of the U-Haul Self-Storage Affiliate Network!

Best choice I made for my new storage facility!

Exactly what I was hoping for in terms of a functional program that was easy to use and show employees. Makes the move in process for customers extremely easy.

Pros

I am still very new to WebSelfStorage, but am quickly realizing its capabilities. The Sitemap is such a great tool that not only helps customers find the unit for them, but also speeds up the move-in process for the facility. I can’t say enough good things about [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team’s guidance has been absolutely crucial. This is my first...

Cons

I do not have any cons for using this program.

Thank you Cache for your feedback! We always appreciate hearing from our Affiliates. I am happy to hear Tommy was so helpful! Thank you for being a part of the U-Haul Self-Storage Affiliate Network.

Perhaps I'm a little too picky

Pros

Being able to use either the room number or client name makes it easy to find the appropriate account. It's nice to be able to save the payment type: that makes processing payments easier for us and less time consuming for our client. Auto pay is great - I wish every client would utilize that option!

Cons

I like to use my mouse as little as possible: it would be nice to have keyboard shortcuts to perform functions. When processing a payment, it would be nice to be able to tab out of the amount being paid to the payment type.

We always appreciate hearing from our Affiliates, thank you for your feedback!